Topic Stats

• 4,231 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by HoneyBadger
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

There are 4231 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 85.
#3101 2 years ago

I quite like Lonnie's games. Are the modes similar to Transformers ? I REALLY like Transformers by the way.

#3102 2 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I quite like Lonnie's games. Are the modes similar to Transformers ? I REALLY like Transformers by the way.

Haven't play TF that much but for me KISS is just way more fun. It's like being at a concert and having the actual band members doing call outs really adds to the authenticity.

The code is decent but unfinished.

If Stern does release a decent update no reason why they wouldn't sell a ton more.

And the ramps are mainly nice wireforms as opposed to SW plastic.

#3103 2 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I've never played Transformers but the KISS rules on Tilt Forum compare the modes to transformer modes. So yes!

#3104 2 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Yep, some of them are similar.

Transformers is a fun game .. the best part about it is the sounds. I put a 10" sub in my one and it shakes the house.

DEVVVVESTATORRRRRRRRRRR!!!

rd

#3105 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep, some of them are similar.
Transformers is a fun game .. the best part about it is the sounds. I put a 10" sub in my one and it shakes the house.
DEVVVVESTATORRRRRRRRRRR!!!
rd

I love Transformers. Such an underrated game. You're right, the sound is awesome.

#3106 2 years ago

Not many KISS over here in the UK. I presume the bulk of the games were sold in the US, Germany and Oz.

#3107 2 years ago

While waiting for the code update.....

Added Mezmods yellow protectors to go with the yellow rubbers.

Anyone hooked up a color LCD on KISS yet to see what it looks like? Thinking yellow/gold would look good.

IMG_1523 (resized).JPG

#3108 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anyone hooked up a color LCD on KISS yet to see what it looks like? Thinking yellow/gold would look good.

Sharp!! I need to take apart my Starchild area to clean on my Pre and not looking forward to it.

#3109 2 years ago

I posted this video for Randy at ColorDMD when he was first testing Sigma on SPIKE. This is yellow. The camera doesn't pick up the color well, but honestly, the red looks just as good (or bad). I'm hoping when code is finished, someone will colorize for ColorDMD like SM and IM.

#3110 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Sharp!! I need to take apart my Starchild area to clean on my Pre and not looking forward to it.

Time to do mine to. If anyone has tips on how to tear down that area please share.....

#3111 2 years ago

All the talk about a code update for Kiss is why we don't have color done for it yet. I am sure if we ever get an update color will be worked on. The request has been made plenty to the folks at ColorDMD. They have done a great job to get many of the new titles done.

#3112 2 years ago

Has anyone here had this issue:
When i hit my left flipper, it fires 4 times very fast then dies.
Not sure what to look for here

#3113 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Time to do mine to. If anyone has tips on how to tear down that area please share.....

It wasn't too bad - main thing is to take photos all along the way as I for one, never remember where to put things back!

#3114 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I posted this video for Randy at ColorDMD when he was first testing Sigma on SPIKE. This is yellow. The camera doesn't pick up the color well, but honestly, the red looks just as good (or bad). I'm hoping when code is finished, someone will colorize for ColorDMD like SM and IM.
ยป YouTube video

That looks good

Presume you used Mezelmod so that it can fit?

#3115 2 years ago

That looks good
Presume you used Mezelmod so that it can fit?

For power? I don't remember. I swapped temporarily with my MET just to show Randy, and then I swapped back. I can't remember how it plugs into SPIKE for power.

#3116 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

For power? I don't remember. I swapped temporarily with my MET just to show Randy, and then I swapped back. I can't remember how it plugs into SPIKE for power.

I have bought one of these and will transfer a LCD from another game in next few weeks.

Think I may try HIRES in purple and see how it looks.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/kiss-pinball-mods/products/12v-power-tap-spike-system?variant=4888158468

#3117 2 years ago

I have bought one of these and will transfer a LCD from another game in next few weeks.
Think I may try HIRES in purple and see how it looks.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/kiss-pinball-mods/products/12v-power-tap-spike-system?variant=4888158468

I had to look at an old thread to see how I powered it. I sell my TV's and tree house through Mezelmods, and I recommend that power adapter to SPIKE customers, but I know I don't have one, so I was a little confused on how I actually powered the display for the test.

The newer Chroma displays only require 12v, so I unplugged the speaker light kits and used that power source. I was wondering why the speakers were not lit in the video. I thought maybe I did it because the light wasn't good for the camera when filming the display.

#3118 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Very carefully. Lots of pictures and zip lock bags. Plan to spend a several hours on it. I would consider putting on a playfield protector if you are going to tear it apart. They are great!

#3119 2 years ago

This week for update?!

I wish they would just get this final update out and done.

The code is pretty good so just polish /bug fix and finish and then maybe someone can start the color dmd process

#3120 2 years ago

This week for update?!
The code is pretty good so just polish /bug fix and finish and then maybe someone can start the color dmd process

Probably two more weeks, maybe next week on the outside.

#3121 2 years ago

This week for update?!

Stay tuned !

#3122 2 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Stay tuned !

So I have to do this?

6358415491833829931597478717_Stay-Tuned-257x300 (resized).png

#3123 2 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Stay tuned !

Dude, we get it.

#3124 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Dude, we get it.

But do we really??

#3125 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Dude, we get it.

Lol. The joke that never gets old.

I'm still holding out for a cheap KISS Pro regardless of whether new code drops or not.

#3126 2 years ago

I posted up in another thread, But Stern has told me from very high up that another code release is coming out this year for Kiss. But that it will be later in the year.

JJ

#3127 2 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I posted up in another thread, But Stern has told me from very high up that another code release is coming out this year for Kiss. But that it will be later in the year.
JJ

That is good news and although still a way off, will help restore faith in the Stern coding department.

If the update is decent, they should sell a good few more.

#3128 2 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

JJ

6 1/2 months or sooner! Take it to the bank!

#3129 2 years ago

That is good news and although still a way off, will help restore faith in the Stern coding department.
If the update is decent, they should sell a good few more.

restore faith? Screw them! they take your money and run, they leave you hanging and practically begging them for something that you paid for and should be getting. i sold my kiss le and bailed on any future stern nib. stern is dead to me, gb le ghosting and kiss was the last straw. i should start a star wars where is the code thread cause thats next, i can guarantee that. bm66 sle buyers that shelled out 15000 and what did they get? i would feel like i was prison ganged raped if i bought a bm sle!
stern doesnt care believe me. at least not until people stop buying and demand completed codes at release.

#3130 2 years ago

The update will only be a bug fix! They have no intention of adding or updating game rules! The update promise is to help distributors sell out of the crap loads of inventory they own. Sorry, but true!

#3131 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The update will only be a bug fix! They have no intention of adding or updating game rules! The update promise is to help distributors sell out of the crap loads of inventory they own. Sorry, but true!

Well, Stern are in danger of making hay while the sun shines but come hard times, people are going to remember this kind of stuff, and then they will be in a drought and it will be too late....

#3132 2 years ago

Thinking about this, if Stern had any integrity why can't they officially say 'Kiss code is being worked on and there will be an update in 2017'.

Is it really that difficult to do?

#3133 2 years ago

Thinking about this, if Stern had any integrity why can't they officially say 'Kiss code is being worked on and there will be an update in 2017'.

Well they have said its being worked on? And if they say 2017 but dont manage to before end of year, people go even more frantic?

#3134 2 years ago

KISS is this decades WOF. There's always one.

#3135 2 years ago

Well, Stern are in danger of making hay while the sun shines but come hard times, people are going to remember this kind of stuff, and then they will be in a drought and it will be too late....

This is like the famine back in Egyptian times. It's coming Stern... Famine and misfortune!

#3136 2 years ago

Totally agree! But the corrupt business antics continue and people keep buying the games which are incomplete. Truly ridiculous. I can't wait to see what happens with Star Wars.. Some stupid crap like... Oooh we have beta code 0.17 ready!!!!!!!! Stay tuned for our next release in the meantime! WTF?

#3137 2 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Well they have said its being worked on? And if they say 2017 but dont manage to before end of year, people go even more frantic?

Stern haven't officially said anything. It's still just rumors.

#3138 2 years ago

Anyone have any idea what is going on as got an issue.....

Start Lick it Up.

2 shots lit. If one of them is Gene's head, ball can keep going in but it doesn't register. Ball is just fired out of the mouth as usual.

But it does register the demon locks?

I can see a switch under the p/f but not understanding why it registers a lock but not song shots?

Anyone?

Thanks

#3139 2 years ago

Mine certainly doesn't do that. That is strange because it is tripping the sensor for locks. Has it always done this on Lick It Up?

Actually, there are 2 switches...a vertical up kick (mechanical) and demon entrance (optical). One must not be working.

#3140 2 years ago

Thinking about this a little more. The vertical up kick switch is probably working because that should be checking the "lock" position of the ball before firing it up with the coil. The optical is probably the one used to satisfy the shot. Tee up the situation with Lick It Up and slide something in to the demon entrance to block the light and see if the optical is getting tripped. Then check the connections going to the optical sensor.

#3141 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Thinking about this a little more. The vertical up kick switch is probably working because that should be checking the "lock" position of the ball before firing it up with the coil. The optical is probably the one used to satisfy the shot. Tee up the situation with Lick It Up and slide something in to the demon entrance to block the light and see if the optical is getting tripped. Then check the connections going to the optical sensor.

That makes sense - thanks.

I didn't even know there is an optical sensor near the entrance.

Will have a look later and hopefully don't need to take the head area apart as it looks complicated!

#3142 2 years ago

I'm still hoping they release the update to kiss even though I no longer have the machine. I honestly miss it, the art was fantastic. A little code and it's going to be a masterpiece.

#3143 2 years ago

Will have a look later and hopefully don't need to take the head area apart as it looks complicated!

Mine stopped working last week (demon entrance). Turns out the ball guide on the left had cut through the opto wire on that side. Added some protection there and a quick solder and all is well again.

You do have to take Gene off to get at it. Not that hard, just keep track off what comes off.

#3144 2 years ago

I was able to pick up a HUO pro for low 4's and I am very happy with the purchase. I wanted a LE or Premium, but honestly it just doesn't make sense with this game. If one local goes up for sale in the low 6's I will probably upgrade, but for now, given what I paid, I have no anger/hatred toward Stern on the code.

#3145 2 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

A little code and it's going to be a masterpiece.

Agreed, Kiss just needs some of the bugs fixed and if the cities can do more than just a call out the perception of this game will quickly change. My favorite Stern, this game is so much fun! I can't wait for the new code drop.

#3146 2 years ago

I just picked up a KISS LE last week and I'm loving it! I'm an average player so it will take me awhile to see all the code that's currently there. I guess I'm different from most of the people on here. I usually fire up a pin, put 3 or 4 games on it, then turn it off and don't play it again for a few days. For the people that want epic quest type of games, they have WOZ for that. And while I think it's cool that they make this type of game for the people who love that, I personally hate WOZ! Maybe eventually I'll get to the point where I see the limitations in the code, but until them I'm fat, dumb and happy playing my KISS!

#3147 2 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I'm fat, dumb and happy playing my KISS!

If you got a LE while prices are depressed, that's not dumb. I highly recommend it.

#3148 2 years ago

I had the same issue, it turned out to be a broken wire on the optical sensor.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/9#post-3637981

#3149 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I had the same issue, it turned out to be a broken wire on the optical sensor.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/9#post-3637981

I also had trouble with the opto in Genes head, firstly there was bent wire by the opto which was broken inside, which made the opto intermittent ... cut it back and resoldered that ... then a few weeks later it played up again. Tracked it to a faulty molex connector where the optos plug in. Tweaked that and it's been fine since.

I also had an issue with the VUK switch ... took it out, reset the switch location and away she went again.

rd

#3150 2 years ago

*citations needed

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Steele, ND
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
There are 4231 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside