Topic Stats

• 4,247 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 284 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200215_141215 (resized).jpg
IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

There are 4247 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 85.
#3501 2 years ago

The Laseriffic mods recommended 100% fellas, the Axe bass and Paul Stanley’s guitar simply amazing!
My pin still broken unfortunately, my Brother will help me checking the nodes this Thursday.

Regards

CC23D711-ACDB-4F06-A256-3F09E608DB59 (resized).jpeg

08B4375B-C7C5-4EF9-9903-5E055D1E5B7D (resized).jpeg

3D78CDCD-99BB-47D9-8677-24D91C30784B (resized).jpeg

#3502 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

The Laseriffic mods recommended 100% fellas, the Axe bass and Paul Stanley’s guitar simply amazing!
My pin still broken unfortunately, my Brother will help me checking the nodes this Thursday.
Regards

Better get that Star Child plastic protector before it breaks too

#3503 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

The Laseriffic mods recommended 100% fellas, the Axe bass and Paul Stanley’s guitar simply amazing

That's Ace's Les Paul. Shame on you!! Have you thought about getting the lighted amp from Mezel Mods? Its a good one!!

#3504 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

That's Ace's Les Paul. Shame on you!! Have you thought about getting the lighted amp from Mezel Mods? Its a good one!!

.....yes, Ace’s

#3505 2 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Better get that Star Child plastic protector before it breaks too

I don’t know about that one to be honest Capguntrooper? ...it is from Mezel, Pingraffics, Laser?

#3506 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I don’t know about that one to be honest Capguntrooper? ...it is from Mezel, Pingraffics, Laser?

NOPE. From me, I made them see link below, and for target backgass mod too
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-child-flame-protector-mod-for-kiss-lepremium

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-lighted-target-back-glass-mod-for-propremle

#3507 2 years ago

Here's my Starchild protector installed. If you don't want the name on it just repaint like I did. Besides the protection you get the cool looking flames that stick up.

5c711cd559178b18d1afd695b69321ec88a6c5f2 (resized).jpg

#3508 2 years ago

Guess I shouldn't have had Ace sign my back glass.

IMG_3196 (resized).JPG

#3509 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Guess I shouldn't have had Ace sign my back glass.

That's definitely Ace on that backglass and not Tommy. Signature looks awesome!

#3510 2 years ago

And since mods are being mentioned here I will also give big props for the Love Gun MB light mod......it really adds to the start of LG MB. A must mod for the Prem/LE.

So how long before we should start asking for the next code update??? A bug fix at the very least. Way too many bugs to Be left as is.

#3511 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

And since mods are being mentioned here I will also give big props for the Love Gun MB light mod......it really adds to the start of LG MB. A must mod for the Prem/LE.

Absolutely! A must have for sure.

#3512 2 years ago

Yeah...there are plenty of Bally Kiss BG's signed so I figure there won't be too many LE back glasses signed so caught him when he was here a while back.

#3513 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

So how long before we should start asking for the next code update??? A bug fix at the very least. Way too many bugs to Be left as is.

Hoping for the last update before Xmas for sure. Bug fix, some Champion awards, maybe some other extras....

Stern is under pressure like never before so they need to come good regarding code updates.

I enjoy playing Sterns more than their competitor's games but losing patience with them. Their lack of communication, will they or won't they finish a game, and QC issues are really going to hurt them in 2018.

They have always been savvy though so I am still hoping for an update as it's in their best interest going forward.

#3514 2 years ago

UHMM...is it a droptarget at the entrance to the starchild area??

#3515 2 years ago

Yetthe digitized videos in the game it is definitely Tommy. I think they realized they needed Ace in the art or they backlash would have been huge.

Rob

#3516 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yetthe digitized videos in the game it is definitely Tommy. I think they realized they needed Ace in the art or they backlash would have been huge.
Rob

Ace sold the rights to the Spaceman character to Gene and Paul so I wonder if he received any of the money Stern paid to license the pinball? That is definitely his likeness on the cabinet and backglass.

#3517 2 years ago

Can someone send me a link for a song swap for the LE. Has anyone swapped out the songs and put in Classic Kiss songs for the LE ?

#3518 2 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Ace sold the rights to the Spaceman character to Gene and Paul so I wonder if he received any of the money Stern paid to license the pinball? That is definitely his likeness on the cabinet and backglass.

If Ace sold the rights, why would he get money for any use of Spaceman after that? Paul and Gene would get the money.

#3519 2 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Ace sold the rights to the Spaceman character to Gene and Paul so I wonder if he received any of the money

You just answered your own question.

are

#3520 2 years ago

Final update before Expo??

#3522 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

If Ace sold the rights, why would he get money for any use of Spaceman after that? Paul and Gene would get the money.

Yes but my question was did the rights for the Spaceman character also include the right to use Ace's likeness, or just the right for them to use the makeup? As it's been pointed out, you can clearly tell the difference between Ace Freely in the makeup and Tommy Thayer in the makeup.

#3523 2 years ago

I can’t believe we have a final update coming, on record!

#3524 2 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

I can’t believe we have a final update coming, on record!

Where did you hear this?

#3525 2 years ago

Brilliant! Confirmed on FB.

Finally some good code confirmation

STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS - OCTOBER 2017
Welcome to the inaugural Stern of the Union Address! This will be a monthly update on the status of all things Stern Pinball, touching on many different topics. Without further ado my fellow pinheads:
Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here’s a sneak peek at two games that will have updates coming very soon, as well as status on a few other titles:
- Star Wars with its newest asteroid video mode and intense lightsaber duel!
- Batman ’66 with the new major villain cliffhangers!
- Ghostbusters: As soon as Star Wars is complete, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.
- Aerosmith: Aerosmith will also be getting a little more polish.
- KISS: We will be revisiting KISS code very soon to create a final update.

#3527 2 years ago

Good news, but I’ll take it with a grain of salt. At least we (finally) have a little transparency. Steps in the right direction.

#3528 2 years ago

I agree. This was great to see. I'm hopeful its a meaningful update finally if its the last one.

#3529 2 years ago

losing many many sales now they have to do something right?

#3530 2 years ago

This is Awesome!
Good job Stern!!!!!!
Finally some confirmation on a final Kiss update, I hope they are looking at Virelands post that shows all of the known bugs that didn't get addressed from the last update.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-130-bugs-and-wishlist

Let's get ready to Rock and Roll all night and play Kiss pinball everyday!

#3531 2 years ago

When sales hit the pocket, updates will come. It's inevitable. Finally the message came across. I hope you guys all get your code updates. I gave up and sold Kiss. It's such a shame that this title suffered so much.

#3532 2 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

This is Awesome!
Good job Stern!!!!!!
Finally some confirmation on a final Kiss update, I hope they are looking at Virelands post that shows all of the known bugs that didn't get addressed from the last update.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-130-bugs-and-wishlist
Let's get ready to Rock and Roll all night and play Kiss pinball everyday!

has anyone posted that to their FB page or sent to them directly?

#3533 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Brilliant! Confirmed on FB.
Finally some good code confirmation
STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS - OCTOBER 2017
Welcome to the inaugural Stern of the Union Address! This will be a monthly update on the status of all things Stern Pinball, touching on many different topics. Without further ado my fellow pinheads:
Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here’s a sneak peek at two games that will have updates coming very soon, as well as status on a few other titles:
- Star Wars with its newest asteroid video mode and intense lightsaber duel!
- Batman ’66 with the new major villain cliffhangers!
- Ghostbusters: As soon as Star Wars is complete, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.
- Aerosmith: Aerosmith will also be getting a little more polish.
- KISS: We will be revisiting KISS code very soon to create a final update.

SOOOOO FRIGIN STOKED! I had the faintest thought that I might sell my PREM, I think I will hold out now. If Stern resorts back to "STAY TUNED" for a year I am out. Lets hope for a very merry KISSMAS!

#3534 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Not only do I like KISS, it's 7 year old Carters favourite game too.
rd

Some might remember this photo from a while back ... 7 year old Carter always went out and played KISS whenever he came around.

IMG_7100 (resized).JPG

Now, he's turned into this huge KISS fan! Totally unprompted by me ... he's just totally into it. He found my Second Coming DVD and is watching it hard out, and he wants to dress as Gene for Halloween, ("I need Demon boots!") ... what a classic.

So it goes to show that themed pinball machines are doing their job, and attracting new fans for the theme! Gene will be happy!

Check out his drawing he gave me yesterday .....

rd

IMG_7099 (resized).JPG

#3535 2 years ago

Same thing happened with my son after i bought Metallica. He even learned how to play guitar and any Metallica song you want to hear.

#3536 2 years ago

That's cool Rotordave. Love the drawing!

#3537 2 years ago

Awesome pic, another member of the Kiss Army!

#3538 2 years ago

I thought Paul Stanley was drawn with a pretty generous 'package', then I noticed what was hanging beneath the drum kit!

#3539 2 years ago

Well.

JJP has truly raised the bar while we wait for our final update.

Hopefully Stern are going to make more effort coding as just look at the code base in POTC.

105 modes

858719992a5c8a21cf387b8c2f3e0abdf6bc2924.png (resized).jpg

#3540 2 years ago

Hopefully Stern are going to make more effort coding as just look at the code base in POTC.
105 modes

Don't hold your breath on this one. JJ just kicked Gary, but good. What did Gary bring to the show? Batman... Nuff said!

#3541 2 years ago

Stern, get this KISS final release right. Do something with the cities.

#3542 2 years ago

At least KISS was mentioned in the Stern talk yesterday.

Agree with the cities and it could be something pretty minor .

Champion awards are the main thing I am hoping for.

#3543 2 years ago

Oh yeah, what was mentioned? How disappointed all the fans and purchasers of this machine have been since it's 2+ years of release
and the complete lack of respect to Stern's loyal customers? An apology perhaps? Bet not...

#3544 2 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Oh yeah, what was mentioned? How disappointed all the fans and purchasers of this machine have been since it's 2+ years of release
and the complete lack of disrespect to Stern's loyal customers? An apology perhaps? Bet not...

Lack of disrespect?

#3545 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Lack of disrespect?

The utmost respect.

#3546 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

The utmost respect.

Lack of utmost respect?

#3547 2 years ago
Quoted from dracula40:

Can someone send me a link for a song swap for the LE. Has anyone swapped out the songs and put in Classic Kiss songs for the LE ?

I just swapped out songs on my Pro. I replaced all the remakes with originals. They sound way better now. The new versions lacked punch especially Hotter Than Hell and Detroit Rock City. Black Diamond now has Peter Criss vocals. I also changed Dr. Love to God Of Thunder. Way better during Demon Multi-ball. Added Cold Gin, NY Groove and I Was Made for Loving You. Replaced Heavens on Fire with Hard Luck Woman although I don't know if this song is ever played in the game. I really like the new sounds. I plan to eventually add a few sounds like Ace saying Awk and Paul saying You're looking for something and it isn't Kiss...

#3548 2 years ago

What did they say about Kiss code in the Stern talk?

#3549 2 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I just swapped out songs on my Pro. I replaced all the remakes with originals...

Edster, can I get a copy of that file (assuming it's still 1.30)?

Thanks dude,
Jeff

#3550 2 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I just swapped out songs on my Pro. I replaced all the remakes with originals. They sound way better now. The new versions lacked punch especially Hotter Than Hell and Detroit Rock City. Black Diamond now has Peter Criss vocals. I also changed Dr. Love to God Of Thunder. Way better during Demon Multi-ball. Added Cold Gin, NY Groove and I Was Made for Loving You. Replaced Heavens on Fire with Hard Luck Woman although I don't know if this song is ever played in the game. I really like the new sounds. I plan to eventually add a few sounds like Ace saying Awk and Paul saying You're looking for something and it isn't Kiss...

Heaven's on Fire (Hard Luck Woman) plays during Grid multiball. I have New Yoork Groove in that spot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Commack, NY
There are 4247 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside