F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 85.
#3351 6 years ago

I feel for you guys. Really hope it gets polished for you. We had a kiss pro in league and it plays OK, but can understand wanting the final polish. What exactly is the point of selecting the city?
They are now 3 games into the new LCD screens. One reason they haven't had many code releases this year, is ghostbusters, game of thrones and star wars released with mostly complete code. I was amazed that ghostbusters is considered "done" already. I own an LE and to be honest, it does feel done to me.
They ARE doing a better job of having code mostly complete on launch now, but that doesn't help the abandoned games that aren't done.

#3352 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I think the days of selling a Stern for a profit are all but over. Who is going to pay a premium for ghosting, cabinet splits, and incomplete code?

This has ZERO to do with profit for me. I just want my damn game updated and completed!

#3353 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

This has ZERO to do with profit for me. I just want my damn game updated and completed!

Well said, I agree 100%. "I wanted the best but have not gotten the best .... yet"
Polish the code!

#3354 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

They ARE doing a better job of having code mostly complete on launch now, but that doesn't help the abandoned games that aren't done.

Uh, no. Star wars is very rough and Batman'66 was essentially an outline. That's 50% of their last 4 games that were not "mostly complete" at launch.

#3355 6 years ago

How many days?

Anyway I have made the decision that I will wait until end of 2017 for rumored update.

If no update, I will pass on Iron Maiden which I would really like but as Einstein said, ' the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results'!

On principle I can't support Stern anymore although ironically I may instead go back to their very early 1980's titles instead.

I believe the code is done so I hear

#3356 6 years ago

I thinking new Kiss code at Expo this year would be great for moral.

#3357 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I believe the code is done so I hear

Are you saying you heard the code is done as it stands now? Or the new alleged update is done?

#3358 6 years ago

I believe....

146 days!!!

#3359 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Oh I agree 100%! I was just saying when people talk about not wanting to buy NIB knowing it will drop overnight in value I was saying the days of the ACDC, Tron, Iron Man price hikes are gone for good.

I'm not buying another NIB Stern. Unless they do a 180 turn around, why on Earth should any of us support their price gouging bundled with a cheaper product with incomplete code? Makes ZERO sense.

#3360 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Are you saying you heard the code is done as it stands now? Or the new alleged update is done?

No, I meant code is done on their 80's games

#3361 6 years ago

It's here (or almost) - version 1.30 is in the Read Me...

#3362 6 years ago

True...

V1.30.0 - Aug. 2, 2017
======================

- Fixed debounce times for the Dollar Bill Validator.
- Added "save progress" adjustments for DEMON MULTIBALL and LOVE GUN
MULTIBALL (Default: NO).
- TRACKS (SONGS/MODES) now reset once all TRACKS have been completed.
(It was previously not possible to play any of the TRACKS again after
the last TRACK was completed.)
- LOVE GUN MULTIBALL is now allowed to start when KISS/ARMY is lit.
- Increased HEAVEN'S ON FIRE multiball scores. Removed scoring caps.
- Fixed a bug in the auto-percentaged EXTRA BALL module that would
sometimes set the number of INSTRUMENTS to light EXTRA BALL to a very
high value.
- Fixed a bug where the STARCHILD INSTRUMENT for HEAVEN'S ON FIRE was
staying lit even when the item in the grid had been awarded.
- Lit INSTRUMENTS now carry over ball-to-ball.
- SHOUT IT OUT LOUD TRACK (SONG/MODE) was not keeping all of its data
in player state. If two people played the TRACK, it was possible for
one player to complete a set of shots and then the other player would
not have any shots lit, and be stuck playing SHOUT IT OUT LOUD for
the rest of the game. This has been corrected.
- The back panel switch on the Premium/LE was not giving out all of the
awards the right ramp was giving. This has been corrected.
- Moved the call to start LOVE GUN MULTIBALL to the end of the right ramp
award sequence, so the INSTRUMENT(S) can be lit. When the INSTRUMENT
light and the START LOVE GUN MULTIBALL light on the right ramp are lit
at the same time, the player expects the INSTRUMENT to be lit. This
has been corrected.
- Fixed a bug where the incorrect multiplier value was being displayed
during DEMON MULTIBALL.
- Fixed a bug where the ball save from the DEMON LOCK was not working
correctly during multiball. This required adding a separate adjustment
for DEMON MULTIBALL BALL SAVE (Default: OFF). The times are different
than the existing DEMON BALL SAVE, along with the behavior.
- Lowered the number of grid completions to light HEAVEN'S ON FIRE from
2 to 1.
- Increased the HEAVEN'S ON FIRE ball save time by five seconds.
- Raised the priority of the TRACK SELECT lamp effect so it is higher
than everything else. This allows the player to see which shot arrows
are associated with each TRACK during the selection process.
- BACKSTAGE PASS add-a-ball was not restarting HEAVEN'S ON FIRE. This
has been corrected.
- HEAVEN'S ON FIRE was not restarting if add-a-ball was awarded via the
STAR targets during the grace period. This has been corrected.

#3363 6 years ago

I am excited for the save progress on demon and starchild multiballs........ that is all

#3364 6 years ago

Yeah I found it not so exciting....do you think that is all for this update?

#3365 6 years ago

I still feel, just like GB, they need to make the last wizard mode a little more exciting. All the other multiballs have a non pickable song, except kiss army and rock city which are bigger wizard modes.

#3367 6 years ago

How about fixing the Demon lockup/eject in the menu?

#3368 6 years ago

I heard stern did make a fix for this, and i think its a part you get from them. I dont have this part so i dont know if this is true

#3369 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I heard stern did make a fix for this, and i think its a part you get from them. I dont have this part so i dont know if this is true

It's in the code...they are mislabeled in the adjustments menu.

#3370 6 years ago

This is great to see that an update is looming. I'm glad to see that shout it out loud bug is fixed, I hope they fix the Deuce bug where if you hit a shot left of the lit one it gives you credit. Save progress for love gun and Demon multiball is huge! This alone gives you a fighting chance to get to the wizard mode! So glad to see this and the bug issue with ball save during Demon multi-ball added on the new update.

I still hope that something gets done with the cities, and the "You wanted the best you got the best " added somewhere in he game! This will give Kiss the respect and love it deserves! Stern will sell more units of Kiss!!!!!

#3371 6 years ago

Based on the readme, looks like they addressed about half the bugs. They might have fixed others and not put them in the readme. I'll have to check in-game.

#3372 6 years ago

Jesus - what a letdown.

#3373 6 years ago

Great bug fixes indeed, but not one new call-out or animation is a bummer.

#3374 6 years ago

Guys, I think this is it. Kiss is now complete. I don't foresee another update at this point. But, I'm rooting for you guys

#3375 6 years ago

Well then i might be able to pick up a premium or le after all

#3376 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It's in the code...they are mislabeled in the adjustments menu.

Can you explain this more to me please?

Also anyone find it strange that Stern did not announce this update on Facebook?

#3377 6 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Also anyone find it strange that Stern did not announce this update on Facebook?

Um yes..

#3378 6 years ago

This is typical Stern. This is not the rumored big update we have all been hearing about. This appears to be basically a bug fix and not much more so why announce it and be flamed for not dropping a big update.

Now what they will use this is to look back in time and throw it out there that they did update the code...it was not abandoned.....then they will say WOW!!! Look at all the code updates for 2017....BM66, Aerosmith, Kiss, SW, and what ever hits before the end of 2017.
Stern is the master of making hype out of nothing.

#3379 6 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Guys, I think this is it. Kiss is now complete. I don't foresee another update at this point. But, I'm rooting for you guys

There's a bunch of OBVIOUS bugs they didn't touch. Seems lame if they leave it this buggy.

#3380 6 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Can you explain this more to me please?

Or waited 6 days to post it? It wasn't there yesterday, but is dated 8/2.

#3381 6 years ago

I noticed with GOT when they announced an update there were smaller incremental updates added before the major update that we weren't informed of. Hopefully that's the same deal here and a bigger update is coming. Highly doubtful knowing Stern.

#3382 6 years ago

I appreciate the bug fix release but I am a little disappointed that we didn't get anything really new. At least they fixed the Demon Lock ball save. That was very annoying.

#3383 6 years ago

I also wish that if this is the final release, they'd just tell us.

#3384 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Well then... Wish away....

#3385 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Why? Their distributors still have KISS stock that isn't moving. Confirming that would kill it dead dead. I have to believe they're going to address more of the documented bugs and give a little something more before calling it.

#3386 6 years ago

I hope so vireland...I'm downloading and don't have ours updated yet but am elated none the less. It might be a buzz kill but imho anything is better. When Kelly did her GB Pro update resently I found myself actually playing and liking it. I hope this update will stop some in the market from doing a fire sale that is killing the value...Kiss is a great table ..
We need to weed out one pin for room so I played our potc vs. Kiss the other night...I found that potc is great but there are interruptions when you have a great thing going. Kiss is fast and I agree with a Pinsider review the right ramp is challenging and getting it is a rush..as is the orbit between the pops ...

Have our plugged into a subwoofer as most do ..and it rocks!

#3387 6 years ago

Countdown is over! Let the bitching commence!

#3388 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Countdown is over! Let the bitching commence!

It started 5 hrs ago...but it is something...I'll take it

#3389 6 years ago
Quoted from Rhlufa:

I hope so vireland...I'm downloading and don't have ours updated yet but am elated none the less. It might be a buzz kill but imho anything is better. When Kelly did her GB Pro update resently I found myself actually playing and liking it. I hope this update will stop some in the market from doing a fire sale that is killing the value...Kiss is a great table ..
We need to weed out one pin for room so I played our potc vs. Kiss the other night...I found that potc is great but there are interruptions when you have a great thing going. Kiss is fast and I agree with a Pinsider review the right ramp is challenging and getting it is a rush..as is the orbit between the pops ...
Have our plugged into a subwoofer as most do ..and it rocks!

If nothing more happened with KISS I would be okay with it. It's in the "more complete" section of Stern's software class, which these days is saying something. I HOPE they address the fair number of bugs still remaining even after this very modest update, but if they don't I can live with it. It's crazy because I'm not a KISS fan at all, but I really like the pin (I have an LE). The KISS Pre on the locations I help with outearned Aerosmith Pre by about 50%, so the public likes KISS, too.

#3390 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The update will only be a bug fix! They have no intention of adding or updating game rules! The update promise is to help distributors sell out of the crap loads of inventory they own. Sorry, but true!

Bam! Nice call but wish you were wrong.

#3391 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Jesus - what a letdown.

Stern cant really win any way can they... everyone complains about an update. Then they get an update which if i recall being mentioned at a time, was primarily bug fixes.

So new code comes... and people are still unhappy the cycle repeats.

#3392 6 years ago

i detect a disturbance in the force

#3393 6 years ago

Well, it is a big step in the right direction as it makes the game more fun to play.

Not the 'big' update though.

Stern's FB page interesting.

Is this promised huge update? I hope we will get another huge update including cities.
Thx for Bug fixes but we looking forward for this promised several times Huge Update!
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 4 hrs
Stern Pinball
Stern Pinball We promised a "huge" update?
Improvements continue...

Stern saying improvements continue. So, another update to come????

#3394 6 years ago

Also if cities are never going to do anything, at least turn them into maybe a match feature.

Would make sense on location. Choose a city, then end of game see if your city matches for a free game. At least they then have a purpose.

Not ideal but better than zilch!

#3395 6 years ago

What about if Stern just removed cities, in an update? Would people then be able to be at peace with them not doing anything(since they are not there),or would it be a outburst/meltdown?

#3396 6 years ago

For the last time, the cities are mainly for the call outs. If they decide to do more with it, I would be happy but that is what its there for.

#3397 6 years ago

Just remove the cities already. It's the dumbest thing added to the game. There is no purpose. There will be no deep rule set to
coincide with the cities. Kiss is now a finished product to enjoy.

#3398 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

For the last time, the cities are mainly for the call outs. If they decide to do more with it, I would be happy but that is what its there for.

Yes, and as someone mentioned on facebook, its the same with NBA Fastbreak, now whining that the team selection does not offer more? =)

#3399 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, it is a big step in the right direction as it makes the game more fun to play.
Not the 'big' update though.
Stern's FB page interesting.
Is this promised huge update? I hope we will get another huge update including cities.
Thx for Bug fixes but we looking forward for this promised several times Huge Update!
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 4 hrs
Stern Pinball
Stern Pinball We promised a "huge" update?
Improvements continue...
Stern saying improvements continue. So, another update to come????

At some point in my life I would have seen stern fixing beta level bugs two years after a release disappointing. Now, sadly, its normal. And another reason why if I ever buy a stern again (doubtful) it will be used.

Can anyone source the 'huge' update quote and post it on FB?

#3400 6 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Kiss is now a finished product to enjoy.

Or to finally give up on and sell to fund a spooky or JJP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.