F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 85.
#2001 7 years ago
Quoted from Sborel:

after work on current project....

When does Batman VE ship?

#2002 7 years ago
Quoted from Sborel:

i asked about KISS code at Stern tour, i was told Lonnie is going to work on it....

IS GOING to work on it?!? WTF!?!?

#2003 7 years ago
Quoted from Sborel:

I was also told they r trying to get ac/dc license again, and license for MET is good for 2 more years.

That does not surprise me. They could sell a ton more AC/DC.

Their lack of code updates is getting poor. I also thought KISS update would be released at Expo.

#2004 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

That does not surprise me. They could sell a ton more AC/DC.
Their lack of code updates is getting poor. I also thought KISS update would be released at Expo.

It wouldn't surprise me if they renew the license for AC/DC they'll release a new LE or a SLE.

#2005 7 years ago

What's the bet Stern releases a Kiss update shortly before announcing Aerosmith?
Just to try and say "look how good our past music pins are, now buy this one..".

#2006 7 years ago

WTB Kiss premium or LE

#2007 7 years ago

You know, it all depends on the assembly line and if it's running and profitable. If not, there is no code coming my friends.

#2008 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

WTB Kiss premium or LE

They're out there in droves, and cheap. It's a buyer's market on KISS if you believe an update is actually coming like Stern said. If you're haggling, used LEs as low as low 6's or high 5's, used Premiums in the mid-low 5's. I wouldn't bother with the Pros. The RGB lighting, especially, makes a huge difference on the LEs and Premiums.

#2009 7 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

You know, it all depends on the assembly line and if it's running and profitable. If not, there is no code coming my friends.

In my best trump voice.

WRONG.

(see avengers)

#2010 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

used LEs as low as low 6's or high 5's

Got excited for a second...Unfortunately I'm not seeing any LE's under $6800 and most over 7K...But I'll for sure keep my eyes open

http://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/search_for_sale.cgi

#2011 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Got excited for a second...Unfortunately I'm not seeing any LE's under $6800 and most over 7K...But I'll for sure keep my eyes open

Asking price is not sale price. You have to haggle - there are few or none replying to their KISS ad, so if they want it to sell you have a good chance. Also, if it has a topper, sell it and get back $250 off the sale price. I got an LE for me and a Premium for a friend at those prices, so it can be done. The price they were asking was much higher.

#2012 7 years ago

This LE is $6700, and could probably be had for $6300-6400.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/39197

They're out there.

#2013 7 years ago

JJ used to have a bunch. Might want to check with him...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-kiss-premiumle-stern-2015-blowout-sale

#2014 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This LE is $6700, and could probably be had for $6300-6400.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/39197
They're out there.

Yeah I guess I'd have to dig around. if I can get a LE in the $5K range I'd probably go for it.

#2015 7 years ago

Yeah I guess I'd have to dig around. if I can get a LE in the $5K range I'd probably go for it.

The one I got I had to sell the topper and some other uninstalled mods to get the price down. For an LE, the BEST case scenario is $5900, possibly with needing to sell a topper or something to get there. I don't think you can get an HUO LE for less than that currently. You should be able to get a stock or mostly stock HUO LE for $6300-6500 with not much haggling. But if new code drops and improves the game, that will reverse quickly, so the clock is ticking.

#2016 7 years ago

Yeah, but at only $500 off pre-order pricing, that's nowhere near the $6k LE he's looking for.

#2017 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, but at only $500 off pre-order pricing, that's nowhere near the $6k LE he's looking for.

right.

Well, if there is anyone out there looking to move an LE for $6K or less hit me up. OR if you'd like to 'trade down' for my HUO premium...Let me know!

#2018 7 years ago

Stern Kiss Code! Where's the code already or an update for it?

#2019 7 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Stern Kiss Code! Where's the code already or an update for it?

Frustrating...In an alternate universe they'd be clever and roll it out for halloween...Guys in masks and all...

But alas, sounds like code isnt even being worked on.

Brutal.

At least its pretty.

#2020 7 years ago

It is really a shame how they have handled this game. I have only played it a few times at shows and in a league. Code doesn't seem like it does a whole lot and the straight down the middle drains are a disappointment for sure, the short ball saver doesn't always catch them.

#2021 7 years ago
Quoted from fish1975tx:

It is really a shame how they have handled this game. I have only played it a few times at shows and in a league. Code doesn't seem like it does a whole lot and the straight down the middle drains are a disappointment for sure, the short ball saver doesn't always catch them.

I almost never have a SDTM unless its from a poor attempt to hit the center ramp...I know some have had issues with SDTM from the head which I can imagine is really frustrating.

The code right now is really just 'hit this arrow cuz points and stuff'...Fun but gets old incredibly fast.

#2022 7 years ago
Quoted from fish1975tx:

Chronic SDTM is usually a badly set up KISS. If I get them, they're my fault, and it almost never happens.

#2023 7 years ago

Frustrating...In an alternate universe they'd be clever and roll it out for halloween...Guys in masks and all...
But alas, sounds like code isnt even being worked on.
Brutal.
At least its pretty.

And being pretty is what scares me about buying Iron Maiden. I struck gold with Metallica as my first pin, not sure it will happen again... And with the way they have abandoned KISS. Hmmmm

#2024 7 years ago

No Halloween code update. Bummer. The new normal is here I guess.

#2025 7 years ago

Awful.. Just awful business practice.

#2026 7 years ago

Stern has bitten off more than they can chew.....they have no reason to rush updating code....BM66 and Aerosmith are priority at this point along with other 2017 releases are planned.

It completely sucks..........It really shows they are truly committed to rolling out new pins/new sales. Code for pins is not hard.....it's simple logic. Does it take time to write, sure it does but this not like complex video game or operating software developed from the ground up. That is complex by comparison......game designer should only have to write the rules.....any programmer worth a damn should be able to write the code. if writing code was that hard how the hell do all the phone apps get done so damn quick.....

There are some very talented people that write/develop software/apps/programs etc.....so it is extremely evident that the code could EASILY be worked on but Stern is not making it a priority. People need to complain MORE to Stern that incomplete code for games is not acceptable.

I know it gets old to complain about code over and over but the squeaky wheel gets the grease...........

Stern is becoming a joke.....poor QC......RIDICULOUS PRICES......long waits for code updates.........

Most companies run this way would be ou if business.....

#2027 7 years ago

Imagine what it would be like if they didn't bring Dwight back...

#2028 7 years ago

The code, in my view, isn't nearly as difficult or even close to the kind of black or lost art that many here make it out to be.

Aside from reasonable competence, it mainly requires time and commitment. Something Stern categorically have not been willing to dedicate to it.

Given the direction of the company and many things they're doing (or not doing), I suspect it takes the wind out of the sails of many of their staff who do want to produce a great game for their own and players' satisfaction, too, making it even worse than it need be.

I can't even begin to imagine myself buying any new Stern machines at the moment ... they're missing the mark by such wide margins on so many things I consider vital (build quality, QC, code, originality of layouts, features, pricing, customer service), and it seemingly gets worse with each new game.

Earlier this year it felt like I was in a very small minority with these reservations ... of the active community, it now feels like it's an easy majority. That's a huge turnaround, and a very precarious and dangerous position for them to be in, more so when they're prosecuting a self-made pricing bubble whilst economic storm clouds gather over half the world.

#2029 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

That's a huge turnaround, and a very precarious and dangerous position for them to be in, more so when they're prosecuting a self-made pricing bubble whilst economic storm clouds gather over half the world.

Only half the world? More like three-quarters, at least. I can't think of any "economic powerhouse" that isn't facing some grim and imminent massive economic problems that threaten their stability. Britain? Brexit. Germany? Hosed. US? Unlimited QE threatens massive inflation. Saudis? Oil is in the toilet, and so is their economy. Russia? Worse than Saudis - with nukes. China? Years (decades?) of faking GDP will come crashing down, and it looks like soon. Italy? Portugal? Spain? France? All in trouble, and the EU is probably headed for collapse, so no bailout. The third world isn't going to be any help, either. So, yeah, precarious times to be doubling and tripling the retail price of your products. This isn't the epi-pen. We can live without NIB pins.

#2030 7 years ago

Lonnie is on the code, it will be years.

#2031 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Lonnie is on the code, it will be years.

Here's the sad thing...what games is Lonnie working on? Is it just KISS?

#2032 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Here's the sad thing...what games is Lonnie working on? Is it just KISS?

Transformers and Avengers took acts of God to finish. Kiss will be the same. It's sad and why I will never buy another Lonnie game.

#2033 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Transformers and Avengers took acts of God to finish. Kiss will be the same. It's sad and why I will never buy another Lonnie game.

Transformers is finished ? It was improved but I wouldn't call it finished.

#2034 7 years ago

Just ordered my first NIB Stern today...a KISS Pro! I never liked the band but loved playing the machine out in the wild. As I was shopping for the pin, a dealer did tell me that he has recently visited the factory and learned that the code is now being worked on by Lyman. While I am happy with the game play today, it was nice to know that maybe there will be yet another code drop in some point. After watch the PAPA tutorial for KISS, its clear that there is a LOT to do on that machine. Bottomline, when I play KISS I seem to like it more than the other Sterns in the room and that's what counts to me.

#2035 7 years ago

Congratulations konjurer, I agree with you that the only opinion that matters is yours when it comes to pin titles. I hope your source is right that Lyman is finishing up the code. The wait will be worth it when this game feels 100 % complete. I can't get enough, this game is so much fun and fast. When you get that one ball when the multipliers, multiball and wizard mode all come together it's so satisfying.

#2036 7 years ago

Shouldn't they start teasing the code right about now for a 2019 release?

#2037 7 years ago

No way Lyman is on code as BM66 is all him. Kiss is getting left behind

#2038 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Kiss is getting left behind

Not really. The lead programmer is back on it supposedly. As for code creativity, the original lead programmer is the most important determinant of the software and the lead kiss programmer has a well known history. With that in mind this pin is about where it would be expected. Its software is average and that isn't a bad thing; it is still at least as deep the best 90's pins. As noted earlier, there is a lot in the rulesheet.

Many people seem to think epic coding is commonplace on new pins when it definitely is not. The history for such success, even with the right contributors, often results in a miss for every hit. Kiss with its inputs was never going to have epic coding, nor be like the pins that people have compared to earlier in this thread.

#2039 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Transformers is finished ? It was improved but I wouldn't call it finished.

Did they ever add dots to the Wizard mode?

BTW, I'd trade a nicely modded IM for a Kiss LE.

#2040 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

How do you know that as fact or is it a guess?

#2041 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

BM66 will get some code and then everyone will be complaining it needs more. Endless cycle with each game. Rinse. Repeat.

#2042 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

BM66 will get some code and then everyone will be complaining it needs more. Endless cycle with each game. Rinse. Repeat.

According to that guy that saw B66 played at Expo by that kid (that wasn't supposed to), it essentially is still BDK gameplay, so that's a big shortcut. Just customize for the lazy susan coffee can remodel and ship it.

#2043 7 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Did they ever add dots to the Wizard mode?
BTW, I'd trade a nicely modded IM for a Kiss LE.

I've haven't got near wizard mode yet so don't know.

It's playable and a decent game but there is so much that needs polishing. There is practically no Status Screen. Surely Stern has a set Status Screen sub-routine that they can drop in each game and then tweak it as necessary ?

#2044 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I've haven't got near wizard mode yet so don't know.
It's playable and a decent game but there is so much that needs polishing. There is practically no Status Screen. Surely Stern has a set Status Screen sub-routine that they can drop in each game and then tweak it as necessary ?

Rock City is the end Wizard Mode. It's pretty much still a framework, so I'd count it as not done. KISS Army and Rock City multiball modes both really should have their own music, too.

#2045 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Rock City is the end Wizard Mode. It's pretty much still a framework, so I'd count it as not done. KISS Army and Rock City multiball modes both really should have their own music, too.

We have crossed wires my good man. I was referring to Transformers not being finished. My fault as it is a thread about Kiss code.

#2046 7 years ago

Not a KISS code question but does anyone know where I can purchase these pinblades?

KISS Pinblades (resized).jpgKISS Pinblades (resized).jpg

#2047 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Not a KISS code question but does anyone know where I can purchase these pinblades?

http://modfatherpinball.com/products/kiss-pinball-gameblades

#2048 7 years ago

Only 11 days till it's been 7 months since a code update!! Thanks Stern! You suck!

#2049 7 years ago

It's sad and why I'm not buying Lonnie games

#2050 7 years ago

Should probably start a where's the Batman 66 (Premium) code stern thread now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.