F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 85.
#3951 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If we are lucky enough to get AS/KISS updates, the pins "depth" is highly unlikely to change at all.
snaroff

KISS is plenty deep enough.

More breadth would be nice, song balancing, more call outs, champion awards, bug fixes, clean up animations etc.

2 weeks later
#3952 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:For KISS, the conclusion I came to as well. That shot is just designed way too tight.

Hey fellas, any chance one of you could provide an idiot’s guide to doing this? I have zero Mylar experience but am very tempted to remove the Cliffy from there.
Do you actually have Mylar inside the hole? Or just up to the edges?
How big an area do you cover?

PS: This game still frickin’ rocks! Criminally underrated. Suspect it’s about to get even better.

#3953 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Hey fellas, any chance one of you could provide an idiot’s guide to doing this? I have zero Mylar experience but am very tempted to remove the Cliffy from there.
PS: This game still frickin’ rocks! Criminally underrated. Suspect it’s about to get even better.

Just played for an hour last night. It shoots so smooth.

#3954 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

I also am considering removing the Cliffy here. When I first bought the game NIB I couldn't miss the hole now it's almost too hard. Any help on the Mylar alternative? Where to buy, size, what shape to cut, etc

#3955 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

I removed cliffy and mantis - game is hard enough without being harder.

I just added some mylar circles that I had spare from covering magnets. Main wear is the sides.

I have kind of accepted it will wear.

#3956 5 years ago

I bought low play secondhand game and since I've started playing it, my playfield is getting covered in black ball track marks from the spinning disk. Was there a solution to this? I had to give the playfield a quick polish the other day to remove the marks and now they're starting to come back again.

Thanks!
Adam.

#3957 5 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I bought low play secondhand game and since I've started playing it, my playfield is getting covered in black ball track marks from the spinning disk. Was there a solution to this? I had to give the playfield a quick polish the other day to remove the marks and now they're starting to come back again.
Thanks!
Adam.

Spinning disc decal worked, It will however change the way the ball exits (not as quick exit) pros to that no rubber marks and a better chance at avoiding straight down middle. Cons.........slower exit

#3958 5 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Thanks!
Adam.

Black rubber or white? It's likely not all coming from the disc.

#3959 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Black rubber or white? It's likely not all coming from the disc.

Definitely black ball tracks...so it could be another source?

#3960 5 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

That's what I'm asking. What color is the rubber on the machines for slings, etc? Black is factory, and that's a common source of mess on the PF. Change to white from marco specialties or clear from Titan.

#3961 5 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I think its coming from the disc. Freaked me out one night when i was playing....i thought my ball had a couple of junks taken out of it, but it was the black gunk from the disc

#3962 5 years ago

Stern of the Union tomorrow? Wonder if Kiss code will even be mentioned.

#3963 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's what I'm asking. What color is the rubber on the machines for slings, etc? Black is factory, and that's a common source of mess on the PF. Change to white from marco specialties or clear from Titan.

Machine is stock black rubber. I've had several new in box Stern machines and have never had any marks on the playfield like this. New it was an issue with KISS out of the gate in 2015, so just assumed it's the spinning disk in Gene.

Bring on the Stern of the Union for August and fingers crossed our KISS update will arrive soon.

#3964 5 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Machine is stock black rubber. I've had several new in box Stern machines and have never had any marks on the playfield like this. New it was an issue with KISS out of the gate in 2015, so just assumed it's the spinning disk in Gene.
Bring on the Stern of the Union for August and fingers crossed our KISS update will arrive soon.

I had clear titans on it and only had some minor black marking from the disc. You're probably seeing a combination of the disc and the black rubber on the PF.

#3965 5 years ago

Does your spinning disk really do anything? My disk seems to have no affect on the ball.

#3966 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I had clear titans on it and only had some minor black marking from the disc. You're probably seeing a combination of the disc and the black rubber on the PF.

I have clear TITANS - I get little black rubber bits on my balls.... lol.

Does anyone make a clear silicon replacement for the spinning disc as that would be the way to go.

#3967 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I have clear TITANS - I get little black rubber bits on my balls.... lol.

That’s what she said.......or he said, whatever floats your balls.

#3968 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Stern of the Union tomorrow? Wonder if Kiss code will even be mentioned.

Yep. Mentioned. Looks like we’ll be lucky to get an update by Halloween now.

#3969 5 years ago

Aerosmith – Work continues on the next Aerosmith update and it’s taking longer than anticipated with internal development, testing, and trying to make a great game even better! Our goal is to release this by the end of next month. We still have KISS updates following Aerosmith which will be followed by a Ghostbusters update.

#3970 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Yep. Mentioned. Looks like we’ll be lucky to get an update by Halloween now.

Ugh......prolly will at this point....

#3971 5 years ago

It has been one year since last update for Kiss.
Come on Stern.....

#3972 5 years ago
Quoted from AndyJr:

It has been one year since last update for Kiss.
Come on Stern.....

And the last update was a lame one they had sat on for almost a year that fixed almost nothing.

#3973 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And the last update was a lame one they had sat on for almost a year that fixed almost nothing.

Heck, I fixed more than they did. Get your protector for your LE/PREM before its too late folks.

1 week later
#3974 5 years ago

Fellas, I know that this has been probably mentioned before, but my left flipper is very weak, never happened before(the Right one completely normal).
Of all the possible faults where do you recommend me to start looking for a solution please.

I appreciate your help in advance.
Thank you

#3975 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas, I know that this has been probably mentioned before, but my left flipper is very weak, never happened before(the Right one completely normal).
Of all the possible faults where do you recommend me to start looking for a solution please.
Thank you

Assuming you have checked all the normal mechanical stuff, it is almost 100% a node board issue. This is a known problem on Lonnie coded games that either can be fixed with code or more likely in my experience will need a code update and a replacement node board to solve it.

If you have not check the normal mechaincal stuff then pull apart the flipper and check it over for binding. While you are there, replace the coil sleeve with a proper length one (Stern had a bunch of games go out around this time with coil sleeves that were a few mm too short). This led to more dirt and quicker binding over time.

#3976 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Assuming you have checked all the normal mechanical stuff, it is almost 100% a node board issue. This is a known problem on Lonnie coded games that either can be fixed with code or more likely in my experience will need a code update and a replacement node board to solve it.
If you have not check the normal mechaincal stuff then pull apart the flipper and check it over for binding. While you are there, replace the coil sleeve with a proper length one (Stern had a bunch of games go out around this time with coil sleeves that were a few mm too short). This led to more dirt and quicker binding over time.

Thank you for your fast response Whysnow

#3977 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

This exact issue happened to me on my Kiss LE. It turned out to be a EOS switch that wasn't making full contact, minor adjustment and back to normal.

#3978 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Thank you

Always weak or intermittently weak?

#3979 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Always weak or intermittently weak?

Vireland thanks for asking brother, in fact it is Intermittent.... any idea about that?

#3980 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Vireland thanks for asking brother, in fact it is Intermittent.... any idea about that?

It's the EOS switch. I had this problem on two KISS machines, a Premium and an LE, so I think it's something about the way KISS specifically is polling the EOS switches. Adjust the one on the weak side (use the side that works well as a visual reference for your adjustment goal) and you should be good to go.

#3981 5 years ago

May as well ask while I wait for a friend to come back and look at my game......

I upgraded to an LE a few months ago but not been able to play the game as the switch at the back of the right ramp ( gate ) that starts multiball ( Lovegun ) doesn't work.

It was intermittent but now doesn't work at all. New switch is the same.

Friend says it 'may' be a node board problem. Gulp.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!

#3982 5 years ago

May as well ask while I wait for a friend to come back and look at my game......
I upgraded to an LE a few months ago but not been able to play the game as the switch at the back of the right ramp ( gate ) that starts multiball ( Lovegun ) doesn't work.
It was intermittent but now doesn't work at all. New switch is the same.
Friend says it 'may' be a node board problem. Gulp.
Anyone else had this issue?
Thanks!

Remove the connector from Node board 11, switch block CN3. Put the game in switch test mode and use a wire jumper to connect pins 8 and 10 on switch block CN3. When you connect those two, does the display register the switch as being triggered?

Yes? The problem is between the CN3 connector and the switch on the Playfield (broken wire, short, etc).
No? The problem is likely on Node Board 11

Check that and report back.

#3983 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Remove the connector from Node board 11, switch block CN3. Put the game in switch test mode and use a wire jumper to connect pins 8 and 10 on switch block CN3. When you connect those two, does the display register the switch as being triggered?
Yes? The problem is between the CN3 connector and the switch on the Playfield (broken wire, short, etc).
No? The problem is likely on Node Board 11
Check that and report back.

Thanks for this info - hopefully my friend can do this in the next few weeks.

If it is the node board, it is frustrating that it appears not to be available to buy anywhere....

Part number 520-5322-00

No schematics for node boards, different node boards on different games, hard to repair and seemingly hard to buy!

#3984 5 years ago

Thanks for this info - hopefully my friend can do this in the next few weeks.
If it is the node board, it is frustrating that it appears not to be available to buy anywhere....
Part number 520-5322-00
No schematics for node boards, different node boards on different games, hard to repair and seemingly hard to buy!

If it's the node board, it may be repairable. Just need to work through to what that actual problem is. It may be a bad wire.

#3985 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's the node board, it may be repairable. Just need to work through to what that actual problem is. It may be a bad wire.

Fingers crossed!

The fact that it was intermittent at one point might add to bad wire theory.

#3986 5 years ago

According to people in another thread, Stern will replace a node board for free even though it's out of warranty and even though you are not be the original owner. I think that is horse shit but if dozens of people stated it, it must be true.

#3987 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

According to people in another thread, Stern will replace a node board for free even though it's out of warranty and even though you are not be the original owner. I think that is horse shit but if dozens of people stated it, it must be true.

Well, if my issue is node board I will call them and report back here with the result!

#3988 5 years ago

About a dozen protectors left make sure you get protected when you buy your LE/PREM and don't let this happen to your machine.

3fa394d19c3de3cf0121a80e5de39a77403ab459 (resized).jpg3fa394d19c3de3cf0121a80e5de39a77403ab459 (resized).jpg
#3989 5 years ago

It still puzzles me that Demon multiball isn't God of Thunder. I mean, that (and I Love It Loud) was always Gene's biggest spotlight moment, with the levitating and blood-spitting.
I wonder what led them to go with Dr Love, of all songs, for that mode?

Yes, I should probably get out more.

#3990 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

It still puzzles me that Demon multiball isn't God of Thunder. I mean, that (and I Love It Loud) was always Gene's biggest spotlight moment, with the levitating and blood-spitting.

When I had KISS, I changed Demon MB to God of Thunder with Pinball Browser, and it does fit that multiball perfectly. Sounds great with the little boy giggling at the beginning.

#3991 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

All the songs on Stern's KISS are the 2008 remakes from the Jigoku-Retsuden album. They never remade God of Thunder. Pretty sure that's why it doesn't appear in the machine.

#3992 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

All the songs on Stern's KISS are the 2008 remakes from the Jigoku-Retsuden album. They never remade God of Thunder. Pretty sure that's why it doesn't appear in the machine.

Ah, that would explain it, licence limitations. Ah well, must give Pinball Browser a go once final code's in place.

#3993 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Ah, that would explain it, licence limitations. Ah well, must give Pinball Browser a go once final code's in place.

You mean today?

#3994 5 years ago

If color DMD released Kiss a code update would for sure happen.....

I get that Stern is a business and they make money by selling games....but for the price They charge we expect bug fixes and some minor tweaks to at least make it complete for any new game.

Get it done or be real and tell us it is not happening. Enough stringing us along with this Stern of the Union garbage.

#3995 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I get that Stern is a business and they make money by selling games....but for the price They charge we expect bug fixes and some minor tweaks to at least make it complete for any new game.

That's why you have to vote with your wallet more than ever these days. It's getting better though and I hope the KISS update is a good one.

Rob

#3996 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

If color DMD released Kiss a code update would for sure happen.....
Get it done or be real and tell us it is not happening. Enough stringing us along with this Stern of the Union garbage.

I think the color dmd will come after this update we have been waiting for.

That is my hope anyway.

Color dmd are running out of titles so if they can do GOT, then hopefully someone can work their magic on KISS.

#3997 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That's why you have to vote with your wallet more than ever these days. It's getting better though and I hope the KISS update is a good one.
Rob

If you're talking about the incomplete code thing, it's not really getting better. Iron Maiden was a bright spot, but Deadpool is back to shipping with woefully basic and incomplete software - 0.81. Stern has not learned. The crazy thing is this very-incomplete software at launch is pretty new, only the last 4 years or so (Batman '66 being the worst one), but it's not really improving. People are starting to accept it, which is bad.

#3998 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're talking about the incomplete code thing, it's not really getting better. Iron Maiden was a bright spot, but Deadpool is back to shipping with woefully basic and incomplete software - 0.81. Stern has not learned. The crazy thing is this very-incomplete software at launch is pretty new, only the last 4 years or so (Batman '66 being the worst one), but it's not really improving. People are starting to accept it, which is bad.

It's getting better in the fact that Stern has made 1.0 the plateau for a feature complete game. And the last 3 titles have held true to that by reaching that milestone within a respectable time frame. DP has only been out a few weeks and nobody expected it to be 1.0 out of the gate. But given time it will hit that milestone just like the rest of them. You may or may not like the final game, or may not like waiting, so buy what you do like.

Plus it's been said that George Gomez wanted to get everything up to date, hence promised KISS, AS and GB updates. Yeah it's taken longer, but hopefully progress is revealed soon.

Rob

#3999 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's getting better in the fact that Stern has made 1.0 the plateau for a feature complete game. And the last 3 titles have held true to that by reaching that milestone within a respectable time frame. DP has only been out a few weeks and nobody expected it to be 1.0 out of the gate. But given time it will hit that milestone just like the rest of them. You may or may not like the final game, or may not like waiting, so buy what you do like.
Plus it's been said that George Gomez wanted to get everything up to date, hence promised KISS, AS and GB updates. Yeah it's taken longer, but hopefully progress is revealed soon.
Rob

Meh, that's a fine, long term job moving the goalposts by Stern. They used to generally SHIP mostly feature complete, then fine tune from there fixing bugs and adding modes (or removing modes). Now they ship kinda functional and eventually get to feature complete. And people seem to have accepted this BS as "normal" now. It's not normal, but it's the way things are from the time Spike2 machines showed up. A year to get a decent Batman '66? Six months to get Star Wars to the condition it should have shipped in? Not normal.

#4000 5 years ago

Personally think if the code is not done why release a game.

They don’t give a shit....put a cool theme on a box of flashing lights and the sheeple will buy it. Plain and simple.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.75
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.