F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 85.
#1701 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

The game was bad when I bought it, bad when I sold it, and continues to be bad, unless, of course, you don't mind glaring omissions like the cities doing nothing and the CHEESEBALL call-outs by (I think) Gene Simmons (you kept your end of the bargain.....)

Paul Stanley (or a sound-alike) does the callouts you're talking about.

#1702 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or buy Dwight and Lyman games.

Lyman actually did the last code update on KISS. I'm hoping its Lyman who completes it.

#1703 7 years ago

It cracks me up how polarized people are on this title. I think the game is fantastic. I agree it needs at least one more code update to be complete but I have a blast playing it now. It's a real shooters game with some tight shots and killer flow. I replaced my ST with the Kiss and couldn't be happier. My issue with ST was that in a home environment it was just too easy and repetitive. Kiss has you shooting that right ramp pretty frequently and it's tough as nails if you don't have it dialed in.

I'm pretty confident Lyman will come thru and make a code masterpiece where all the big points are centered around slamming that right ramp. Risk vs reward. All I think of is how everyone complained about TWD until the code was updated and now everyone raves about it. It just takes time to polish a machine and although Stern is slow, they don't seem to just abandon games very quickly.

#1704 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

...although Stern is slow, they don't seem to just abandon games very quickly.

...often.

Wheel of Fortune. Never forget.

And for the record, I think KISS will end up being a great pin. With the last update it went from "meh" to fun. All we need is some Lyman magic to get it to great.

#1705 7 years ago

I still think it's a very fun pin as is now and will only get better. I have no horse in the race as I don't own it anymore. Just don't like waiting on code so will wait in future before purchase.

#1706 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I still think it's a very fun pin as is now and will only get better. I have no horse in the race as I don't own it anymore. Just don't like waiting on code so will wait in future before purchase.

I have faith Lyman will shore it up. It definitely needs the cities to DO something, and it should definitely have a unique song for KISS Army Multiball - especially with all you have to do to GET there. The last update moved the ball a LONG way toward the goal. I'm hoping the next code update at least gets it into field goal range.

#1707 7 years ago

While I like the game fine, I'm sort of confused regarding the above comments of Lyman stepping in to clean up the code/make it a masterpiece. This is a Lonnie game, right? Has Lyman stepped in on other games that weren't his to clean them up?

Re: the example regarding TWD above - TWD started out as a Lyman game. While I think it would be great if Lyman stepped in to work some magic on this, I can't help but think is wishful thinking on some KISS owners behalf?

#1708 7 years ago

I like it as it is. Fun game.

#1709 7 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

While I like the game fine, I'm sort of confused regarding the above comments of Lyman stepping in to clean up the code/make it a masterpiece. This is a Lonnie game, right? Has Lyman stepped in on other games that weren't his to clean them up?
Re: the example regarding TWD above - TWD started out as a Lyman game. While I think it would be great if Lyman stepped in to work some magic on this, I can't help but think is wishful thinking on some KISS owners behalf?

1.28 was Lyman cleaning up the underwhelming original code, at least according to the post here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/32#post-3108016

Also, Lonnie and Lyman are often credited on the same game, so it's not like it's never happened.

#1710 7 years ago

Just like Dwight stepping in on ST.

#1711 7 years ago

It's fun, but the code updates are too far apart. It's clear that kiss is not a priority.

Plus the lack of songs to select is meager.

#1712 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wheel of Fortune. Never forget.

Didn't Keefer get laid off when Stern was about to go belly up?

#1713 7 years ago

Talk about a blatant smack in the face as you scroll through cities and they do nothing. UUUUUUUGH Is it me or does Kiss seem like the most incomplete game out there?

#1714 7 years ago
Quoted from fliperz:

UUUUUUUGH Is it me or does Kiss seem like the most incomplete game out there?

Wheel of Fortune. Never Forget.

That said, there are things that are unfinished (Kiss Army multiball doesn't even have its own song currently), but the last update did move the code forward a LOT from where it started.

#1715 7 years ago

It's a real shame KISS has been left behind ? I sold my pro and the new owner has since moved it on. To me a great theme but poor code spoiled it for me. Fingers crossed a new and great update isn't to far away.

#1716 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

(Kiss Army multiball doesn't even have its own song currently), but the last update did

I agree that it would be nice for Kiss Army mini wizard mode would have its own song to set it apart! Can't wait for another update, It's my favorite modern stern.

#1717 7 years ago

Need More Lyman's !!!!!!!!!!!!! Clone him

#1718 7 years ago

Good game, update will come eventually.

#1719 7 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

for what i remember > TRON
was Lonnie, than Lyman did the final touch

!?

1 week later
#1720 7 years ago
Quoted from fliperz:

Talk about a blatant smack in the face as you scroll through cities and they do nothing. UUUUUUUGH Is it me or does Kiss seem like the most incomplete game out there?

There's no guarantee the cities will ever do anything....

Rob

1 week later
#1721 7 years ago

Code is coming ... i know it

#1722 7 years ago

OK. So I looked at my sales receipt. I received my Kiss in August of 2015. We are reaching a one year anniversary of receipt of this pinball machine with only one update. Stern... Please update the code and finish the cities. This game has a lot of potential and needs to be completed right.

#1723 7 years ago

The more I play this game the more I like it. I know everyone is getting restless for it to be finished but what keeps my patience in check is remember how Metallica used to award 500k as the mystery award everytime for like 2 years. Stern maybe slow, but I think they just take their time to do it right.

#1724 7 years ago

These are my thoughts exactly. I can see me owning one of these in the future. Everyone forgets about Metallica being terrible for the first year or so.

#1725 7 years ago

I just sold mine, so it shouldn't be much longer for an update.

#1726 7 years ago

That's funny! LOL

#1727 7 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

I just sold mine, so it shouldn't be much longer for an update.

We should start a thread on who hasn't sold their KISS yet! In the meantime I'm working on incorporating some sounds from the classic Bally. I lowered the music volume for the video so you can hear the spinner better.

Added over 8 years ago:

#1728 7 years ago

Do you also have the original versions of the songs on yours?

#1729 7 years ago

Yes all original recordings except for Deuce. Sonically it fits in better with the other songs.

#1730 7 years ago

Haven't sold mine. I think the last update did wonders for the game play. Much more to work towards with the multipliers and added Heavens On Fire mini wizard mode.

#1731 7 years ago

I still love mine le and have no plans on selling,the code will come in time

#1732 7 years ago

funny thing is the code update was the way the game should have shipped (at very least). i am in for the long haul as i love the artwork, the topper light show and actually like the music. the art and sound package is a 10 the actual gameplay/ current code is a 5. i still feel i was screwed by stern on this one and have gone a different route and got a tz pin to fill a spot (passed on spiderman ve, got le because of this). looking for tom, adams family, totan, cftbl on future purchases. i did get in on gb le but from what i hear the code on release is pretty decent. still waiting anxiously for new code. i think it was one of sterns best releases and for them not to get the code out on this one is a mistake on their part. i am hoping next code can be a big change and get the pin back on track. right now kiss pin is thought of as a turd. i have seen sales of this pin linger on threads at low prices. not good.

#1733 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

right now kiss pin is thought of as a turd.

Why? Game shoots great, has decent rules and gorgeous art. Just needs polish in the code. To me a turd is a game like avengers where the physical layout sucks.

#1734 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Why? Game shoots great, has decent rules and gorgeous art. Just needs polish in the code. To me a turd is a game like avengers where the physical layout sucks.

I agree. Also KISS is a great tournament game IMO.

#1735 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree. Also KISS is a great tournament game IMO.

I love jamming on the demon targets to double jackpots in demon multiball during ball save. Also like to complete two songs before multi ball so I have a couple of 4x multipliers going on shots.

#1736 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I love jamming on the demon targets to double jackpots in demon multiball during ball save. Also like to complete two songs before multi ball so I have a couple of 4x multipliers going on shots.

I'm so scared to drain on this game that I always go for MB first and try to complete a song during MB. That would be awesome to be two songs deep before MB though. That or start super ramps after completing two songs.

#1737 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm so scared to drain on this game that I always go for MB first and try to complete a song during MB. That would be awesome to be two songs deep before MB though. That or start super ramps after completing two songs.

Isn't super ramps a random award? I play rock and roll all night then shout it out loud as my two songs before multiball. Usually if I get thru those multi ball will be lit.

#1738 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That or start super ramps after completing two songs.

I love the sound effect when you hit a super ramp!

#1739 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Isn't super ramps a random award? I play rock and roll all night then shout it out loud as my two songs before multiball. Usually if I get thru those multi ball will be lit.

Yeah. Just saying if I am in single ball and I have a couple songs done, and backstage is lit, I will dump the ball in there just in case I get ramps. Can be huge points.

Why do you pick those two songs? I've been deuce all day as it seems to be pretty valuable.

#1740 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. Just saying if I am in single ball and I have a couple songs done, and backstage is lit, I will dump the ball in there just in case I get ramps. Can be huge points.
Why do you pick those two songs? I've been deuce all day as it seems to be pretty valuable.

The shot pattern is easy for me to complete. Then I change to detroit rock city for multi ball since all shots are lit. At least thats the plan. Usually doesn't work out that way!

#1741 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

The shot pattern is easy for me to complete. Then I change to detroit rock city for multi ball since all shots are lit. At least thats the plan. Usually doesn't work out that way!

Thanks for the tips. I'm always looking for a better way to attack this game. I'm pretty terrible at it and I have to play it regularly in competition.

#1742 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

most people that come over and play it for first time thinks its ok. they always say ohh its not as bad as people think. i personally think the gameplay is ok like you said the the ramps are smooth. needs to be fine tuned some more.

#1743 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Rock and Roll all night followed by Deuce (which is a breeze to finish as a side effect in a multiball due to the shifting shot markers) is the way I usually go. Then Lick it Up followed by Hotter than Hell if I'm doing really well. I hate Deuce as a song (it makes no sense, and I keep imagining he's saying "so drop a deuce"), but it's really good as a strategic pick.

#1744 7 years ago

Yeah Deuce is pretty good. Why do you do hotter than hell? I like the song but the drops are hard for me to not end up draining and consistently light the shots. It seems to be a lucrative song though.

#1745 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Yeah Deuce is pretty good. Why do you do hotter than hell? I like the song but the drops are hard for me to not end up draining and consistently light the shots. It seems to be a lucrative song though.

I only do Hotter then Hell as a "qualifier" song to get me to the next multiplier lever, and as soon as I start it, I try to get into a multiball to finish it off quickly. For me, it's easier to polish off as a side effect of multiball than laboring to actually hit specific shots interleaved with target hits in single ball. But I always use it as the song before the next multiplier lever, so either 2nd or 4th song, never 1st or 3rd.

#1746 7 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I love the sound effect when you hit a super ramp!

I hated that sound effect the most in the game.

Rob

#1747 7 years ago

I love the super ramp sounds also but the heart beat slings could go

#1748 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Yes all original recordings except for Deuce. Sonically it fits in better with the other songs.

Does anyone have a code file that I can just upload that already has the original songs added to it? I just don't have time to mess around with this myself and it would be very cool to do.

I guess if I could take the time to learn how to do it it would be better.. but, until then..

#1749 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

It's a real shame KISS has been left behind ? I sold my pro and the new owner has since moved it on. To me a great theme but poor code spoiled it for me. Fingers crossed a new and great update isn't to far away.

It's a freaking awesome theme. When I think of pinball, I immediately think of the Bally version. Bally KISS was probably my ultimate holy grail pin. I ticked off all my other "grail pins", but the Bally version always seemed out of reach. Then I started collecting Stern games and it went off my radar. When Stern released a KISS pinball, I thought this would be the title I had to have....but it seemed kind of lacking. I would still love to own Stern's KISS, but each time I play it, I keep feeling a little underwhelmed. Most notably at the moment: I didn't know what the cities do (they do nothing?) and compared to AC/DC and Metallica, I thought the KISS song choice was limited. I'm not a KISS fan, so I just seemed to be picking Rock & Roll All Night, Detroit Rock City and Shout It Out Loud mostly. Hoping that the next code update puts the cherry on top of the cake. It's a beautiful looking machine, but I think the Walking Dead is calling me before I put KISS in my line up.

#1750 7 years ago

Where's the kiss code? One year since release!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
$ 12.75
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 24.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.