Topic Stats

• 4,231 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by HoneyBadger
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

There are 4231 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 85.
#3051 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I asked you one simple question: What strategy does KISS have? You couldn't answer it...thank you for finally proving my point.

Really?? Kiss has a ton of strategy in order to do well on it. Some may argue it has too much (like GOT). Any game you can earn shot multiplier on top of playfield multiplier requires huge risk reward shots and careful planning to maximize your score.

I don't know enough about BM66 to compare it to Kiss, but to say Kiss doesn't have strategy is a silly statement.

#3052 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Really?? Kiss has a ton of strategy in order to do well on it. Some may argue it has too much (like GOT). Any game you can earn shot multiplier on top of playfield multiplier requires huge risk reward shots and careful planning to maximize your score.
I don't know enough about BM66 to compare it to Kiss, but to say Kiss doesn't have strategy is a silly statement.

Once the song is completed, the next shot is the shot multiplier. The playfield multiplier is activated after completing a couple songs.

#3053 2 years ago

Vireland and Trekkie1978,

You guys both need to make like Elsa and Anna and LET IT GO! Every time I see this feed on fire I think HOLLY SHIT the new code has dropped and everyone is raving about it! BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Its you two going back and forth about code depth and BM66........I promise you nobody here cares. You guys are great, really, but if you are going to seriously fight over that, make it worth everyones time and Thunder dome this kitty fight, at the very least pull out a kiddie pool filled with jello or KY and wrestle this out.

73788554 (resized).jpg

#3054 2 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Vireland and Trekkie1978,
You guys both need to make like Elsa and Anna and LET IT GO! Every time I see this feed on fire I think HOLLY SHIT the new code has dropped and everyone is raving about it! BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Its you two going back and forth about code depth and BM66........I promise you nobody here cares. You guys are great, really, but if you are going to seriously fight over that, make it worth everyones time and Thunder dome this kitty fight, at the very least pull out a kiddie pool filled with jello or KY and wrestle this out.

Just trying to do my best to correct people on the internet.

Are we talking like the ky jelly fight in Old School....if so I'm in.

#3055 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Just trying to do my best to correct people on the internet.
Are we talking like the ky jelly fight in Old School....if so I'm in.

YUUUUUUUUUUP

#3056 2 years ago

Should this thread be closed now?

The Kiss code sounds like it's very complete and in really good shape. The only thing lacking was the misunderstanding that the cities would be some complex add-on like GoT houses. But since that's cleared up now, is there anything left to be done??

#3057 2 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Should this thread be closed now?
The Kiss code sounds like it's very complete and in really good shape. The only thing lacking was the misunderstanding that the cities would be some complex add-on like GoT houses. But since that's cleared up now, is there anything left to be done??

Code is still coming g. Gomez confirmed they will add something.

#3058 2 years ago

Besides animations and bug fixes, i would like the wizard modes to have different, non pickable songs like Demon and Star child multiballs

#3059 2 years ago

Code...this is why I am embarassed when people play my KISS...has nothing to do with code. Wish they would fix the mechanical problems first. my first game in weeks ball 2.

20170529_152623 (resized).jpg

#3060 2 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Wish they would fix the mechanical problems first. my first game in weeks ball 2.

I guess there is a adjustment in the features section to increase power to that coil that fixes this issue.

#3061 2 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Code...this is why I am embarassed when people play my KISS...has nothing to do with code. Wish they would fix the mechanical problems first. my first game in weeks ball 2.

Sounds like you have the power too low or you have an actual mechanical problem. I maintain one Premium KISS on route that gets a lot of play and have an LE at home and I've never had this error.

#3062 2 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Sorry to tell you, but they ain't coming round to your place to fix it.

Likely you need to adjust the switch/VUK mech which is accessible underneath the playfield.

It looks like the switch knows the ball is there, so look at the VUK coil, make sure the wires are ok, the plug connections are tight, etc. Then you can run the coil test and check it out.

rd

#3063 2 years ago

Stay tuned !

#3064 2 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Stay tuned !

Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel?

#3065 2 years ago

I might be getting a KISS despite this update just never ever seeming to come! And I realize it might never come....

Code is decent but it is buggy, needs polish and anything else would be excellent.

I don't get Stern.

It costs anything up to a million bucks to develop a game and yet they then don't finish the code which must be one of the least expensive parts of the process.

If KISS code had had the 'love' that AC/DC code got ( no Lyman of course ), Stern might have sold another 1000 - 2000.

Recent Stern factory tour showed KISS LE being made. Finish the code and then watch more orders coming in

#3066 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Recent Stern factory tour showed KISS LE being made. Finish the code and then watch more orders coming in

KISS has not been on the line in a looong time. Those guys were testing code on LEs. That should tell you how poorly KISS sold. You can still find NIB LEs. Stern really has nothing to gain by updating KISS. Barring a miracle it won't be on the line again. I think they're just tired of everyone bitching about the code. If you want a well coded KISS just buy an AS.

#3067 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

KISS has not been on the line in a looong time. Those guys were testing code on LEs. That should tell you how poorly KISS sold. You can still find NIB LEs. Stern really has nothing to gain by updating KISS. Barring a miracle it won't be on the line again. I think they're just tired of everyone bitching about the code. If you want a well coded KISS just buy an AS.

Really?

You saying that if they finished the code and it was good, that people wouldn't then buy KISS?

They remake VE's and it is no shock that the 2 announced have finished codes that are excellent.

#3068 2 years ago

You saying that if they finished the code and it was good, that people wouldn't then buy KISS?

Of course they will sell more units with polished code, it was good to see on the tour video code being worked, can't wait!

#3069 2 years ago

Code is everything!

Stern re-made ACDC - Lyman code.

They re-made Spiderman - Lyman code.

They will re-make Tron - Lyman code.

None of these games would be re-made if code was poor or even just average.

#3070 2 years ago

It costs anything up to a million bucks to develop a game and yet they then don't finish the code which must be one of the least expensive parts of the process.

Code is very expensive to produce! One of the most expensive components.

I think the question is "when is code truly done?"

The answer is never, but at what point does it make business sense to say stop. I think it is Sterns best interest to at least support bug fixes from a customer satisfaction point of view.

The problem is that people keep buying NIB games from a company the doesn't have a great track record on completing code to the customer bases' satisfaction. Until people quite throwing money at Stern this situation continues.

#3071 2 years ago

Code is everything!
Stern re-made ACDC - Lyman code.
They re-made Spiderman - Lyman code.
They will re-make Tron - Lyman code.
None of these games would be re-made if code was poor or even just average.

Tron is Lonnie + lyman.

Hasn't lyman already worked in kiss?

#3072 2 years ago

Really?
They remake VE's and it is no shock that the 2 announced have finished codes that are excellent.

Not at all. I was referring to your comment about KISS LEs being made. No matter what they do with the code KISS will probably not be on the line anytime soon if ever again. It wasn't a good seller for Stern. It's code reputation sure isn't helping it. These machines are leaving pinheads homes and slowly finding their way into hardcore KISS fans collections. I'd love to see it get one more final update. But if it doesn't I'm more than happy with it. I enjoy the hell out of it and very happy I bought one.

#3073 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Not at all. I was referring to your comment about KISS LEs being made. No matter what they do with the code KISS will probably not be on the line anytime soon if ever again. It wasn't a good seller for Stern. It's code reputation sure isn't helping it. These machines are leaving pinheads homes and slowly finding their way into hardcore KISS fans collections. I'd love to see it get one more final update. But if it doesn't I'm more than happy with it. I enjoy the hell out of it and very happy I bought one.

Any final update will help the perception that this game currently has.

I actually think the game is as fun as Aerosmith and to me it shoots slightly better as the right ramp seems a tad easier...... still hard to hit though!

#3074 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Tron is Lonnie + lyman.
Hasn't lyman already worked in kiss?

I was my understanding that Lyman pinched hit for Stern on the last update when something with the original programmer went south. I believe he's responsible for Heavens on Fire Multiball. I could be totally wrong.

#3075 2 years ago

Like Kiss LE a lot. Very challenging if you are trying to get to Rock City. It's a much better game than its reputation. Most people agree the shots are smooth. The Demon lock and drain issues some experienced can be corrected with some minor tweaking. Once that's done it plays great. Some minor bug fixes/polish with the code would also go a long way. The art work is a great throwback to the original. Really more good things about this game than negative. People just love to hate on Kiss I guess.

#3076 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

People just love to hate on Kiss I guess.

It's been that way for their entire career! Lol I think after almost 45 yrs of it KISS is doing just fine.

#3077 2 years ago

Finally joined the KISS club Pro. Would have liked an LE but Pro will be fine.

Going to add TITAN yellow rubbers - hope they look good.

Have to say on this title the decal quality is worst I have had on a Stern. Brittle and bubbles all over.

Game looks great though and is a real feel good player.

So Stern, time to drop the update next week

#3078 2 years ago

I have yellow on the slings, they look good

#3079 2 years ago

Yeah...it would be nice for code to drop. All I can say is at least we have working and playing games. Not lost deposits and no guarantee of a game that may not even ship. Sad to see history repeat itself with HP and DP.

We still need to demand complete code. No excuse for lack of code at the prices we pay. It's frustrating how many games could use a good code update- GB, BM66, Kiss all need updates. Stern has been very aggressive in realeaing new games. A lot on their plate. You eat an elephant one bite at a time. I don't get how Stern prioritizes projects but it seems Kiss is the most complete and would be the easiest and quickest to give an update/ polish and call it done and move on. Then GB. BM66 seems to have a lot left to code and will take a while. They should knock out the low hanging fruit. That would free them up to focus on BM66, clean up Aerosmith, and code SW and work on future releases. Why they don't do that is beyond me.

#3080 2 years ago

Yup, it would be great Stern pr to drop this update the same week as the SW reveal.

It would send a very positive message to all past buyers and future buyers.

May the force be with KISS

#3081 2 years ago

Will be dropping my KISS at NWPAS in 3 days. Would be nice to showcase updated code!

#3082 2 years ago

This is not a priority for Stern as it will not make them any money.. their new business model is about pinching dollars out of sales, and this does nothing in that department for them. It's been over a year since the last update, so the chances of just starting to work on Kiss code again seems unlikely.

Gomez mentioned that Lonnie is assigned to other projects beyond Kiss. What's the difference between Lonnie and Lyman? Lyman will work on code on his own and is proud of the masterpieces he has done. Lonnie doesn't have the same passion as Lyman (and perhaps energy level) to work on code on his own time. So I have the feeling we are stuck.

Wish it wasn't this way, just my take on it.

#3083 2 years ago

One of the biggest issues with this so called update is all the hints that it is happening - from Gomez etc.

It will be really poor strategic thinking from Stern if they just don't bother putting this update out.

It won't be forgotten by the community and will cost them sales.

That said, I am still hopeful of an update!

#3084 2 years ago

It's coming, you can see them working on it in the last tour video. Be patient, it will be worth the wait, then we Rock and Roll all night and party everyday!

#3085 2 years ago

Dup

#3086 2 years ago

Will be totally worth it. Stern won't let us down on this one. I see what they did with Ghost Busters and wow. I could only imagine what the Kiss update will bring.

#3087 2 years ago

Well if they ever drop the code we can discuss if it was worth the wait.

Until then all we will hear is stay tuned....it's coming.

There just comes a time when you have to piss or get off the pot. Either call it done or commincate to customers it's actually going to get updated.

#3088 2 years ago

Was hoping it might be today!

Anyway putting TITAN yellow rubbers on my game and I really like them

IMG_1493 (resized).JPG

#3089 2 years ago

Post a full pic of the yellow when you are done....looks cool with the yellow

#3090 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I put yellow titans on my slings- looks good and really cuts down on the ball tracks. I've also put titan post rubbers on my AS. I'm not as pleased with those- they don't seem to be holding up too well or maybe it just that the posts on AS take a beating. Keeping my fingers crossed for a code update soon, but not holding my breath either.

#3091 2 years ago

Stay tuned!

#3093 2 years ago

Another "Stay tuned!" post.

#3094 2 years ago

stern gets rewarded every pin they make. how many of you kiss owners gonna buy a star wars? shame, shame, shame.

#3095 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

stern gets rewarded every pin they make. how many of you kiss owners gonna buy a star wars? shame, shame, shame.

Not me. Passed on GB because of the lack of code for KISS and others.

#3096 2 years ago

This would be a GREAT week to release the code as it would send a message to all of us who are considering whether to buy SW.

#3097 2 years ago

Or we can wait a year and a half after SW is released and see if we are still waiting on code for it.

#3098 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Some more pics as just finished.

Just need a TITAN code update now

IMG_1516 (resized).JPG

IMG_1517 (resized).JPG

IMG_1520 (resized).JPG

#3099 2 years ago

This would be a GREAT week to release the code as it would send a message to all of us who are considering whether to buy SW.

Didn't you say this same thing when Batman 66 was released? Or was that another guy?

They don't seem to be listening.

#3100 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Didn't you say this same thing when Batman 66 was released? Or was that another guy?
They don't seem to be listening.

Another guy but any week would be a good week really

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 11.95
4,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lakeville, MN
Machine - For Sale
Colgate, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Madison, WI
There are 4231 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside