F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 85.
#3401 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Or to finally give up on and sell to fund a spooky or JJP.

This is my plan after selling my Kiss Le. But, I will b playing Spooky's TNA game first. I"m intrigued but need to play it before pulling
the trigger.

#3402 6 years ago

Lyman is the only programmer that will make huge fundamental changes to his games late after release.

With this being a Lonnie game, all that could be expected are bug fixes and tweaks.

#3403 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Also if cities are never going to do anything, at least turn them into maybe a match feature.
Would make sense on location. Choose a city, then end of game see if your city matches for a free game. At least they then have a purpose.
Not ideal but better than zilch!

It's even worse in MetallicA songs mean nothing, have a think about them apples. Why have them at all...

Seriously you guys need to figure out cities are never going to do anything! Build that bridge move on and then you might see that the game is better than you think!!

Oh I can't get to the wizard mode so they made it easier but I still want the cities to do something! Seriously what the actual F! You want them to add more to an already hard game that you're struggling to get to the wizard mode on... step back look at the game for what it is and enjoy KISS for KISS. If you can't sell it and get a TWD and enjoy the hell out of that game because KISS will NEVER BE TWD it will always be KISS...

#3404 6 years ago

I guess Stern was right saying this would be a huge update...next to their 3 bug fix update type releases it is

Ridiculous that after nearly 16 months since the last update that nothing new gameplay wise has been added.

#3405 6 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

want them to add more to an already hard game

I think people just want a fun game.

#3406 6 years ago

I noticed on Sterns Facebook page that someone didn't realize that Heavens on Fire multiball was added to the game. Stern replied back and said it was added in April...then someone replied to Stern and said "April 2016", lol.

#3407 6 years ago

I think people just want a fun game.

I think that'd take a complete rewrite of the code. You've got what you've got. You don't enjoy it? Time to sell up!

For me it's more fun than Star Trek

#3408 6 years ago

Wish they would add more animations like on the Run-DMD and more call-outs. They said they had 45 pages of call-outs... seems like they have used a fraction of that so far and the Run-DMD has SO MANY animations that don't seem to be activated yet.

#3409 6 years ago

They definitely need to add and fix the animations, seems so bland

#3410 6 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Just a kind and simple reminder.
Code updates do not fix game mechanical design problems.
Temper your expectations.

Mine has zero mech issues. In fact, none of the ones I've played have it either.

#3411 6 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Just remove the cities already. It's the dumbest thing added to the game. There is no purpose. There will be no deep rule set to coincide with the cities. Kiss is now a finished product to enjoy.

I think the city specific call outs done by the band are cool and add to the concert feel of the theme as well as add variety. The cities don't change scoring or strategy, nor do they need to. The song choice at the start of Met doesn't change game play either but no one complains about that. If choosing a city bothers you just ignore it and play the default each time.

#3412 6 years ago

I just seen on Stern's web site Kiss code 1.30 dated 8/2/17. Isn't that the newest code?

#3413 6 years ago
Quoted from Vet-N-Vet:

I just seen on Stern's web site Kiss code 1.30 dated 8/2/17. Isn't that the newest code?

Yes. Released yesterday.

#3414 6 years ago

I think people have gotten too fixated on the cities feature not doing anything. It's supposed to be a Kiss concert theme. When they move to a different location what changes except for their callouts during a concert? It's either "Hello, Detroit" or "Hello, Oakland." Their set and song list will remain the same in every city so it makes sense to me that it's not a significant feature of the game.

When people come over and play our Kiss Pro they are blown away by the game. It looks great, sounds amazing with a subwoofer hooked up and is a lot of fun. I think it has unfairly gotten a bad rap which unfortunately seems to have scared people off from owning the game.

Just my two cents.

#3415 6 years ago

I'm excited to see the subtle adjustment to have lit instruments carry over ball to ball as the default. I had previously adjusted to this with the 1.28 code, as it created it bit more balance with the rest of the gameplay. Also, now only one grid completion is necessary to start the HOF multiball, I like that. Previously, on the default settings the wizard modes where incredibly challenging to achieve (which they should be). But I like the balance this provides. I may actually play this on-location now if the game has the new code.

#3416 6 years ago

So..anyone found any problems with this update yet?
Just had a few games and ball was failing to eject from Demon head. First time I've seen that.

#3417 6 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Just remove the cities already. It's the dumbest thing added to the game. There is no purpose. There will be no deep rule set to
coincide with the cities. Kiss is now a finished product to enjoy.

It still has too many documented bugs to call a satisfactory "finished."

#3418 6 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

So..anyone found any problems with this update yet?
Just had a few games and ball was failing to eject from Demon head. First time I've seen that.

Sounds like an adjustment issue, unless it was during lovegun. That happens under specific circumstances and was a documented bug in 1.28. Maybe it's not fixed in 1.30. There are other bugs that weren't addressed.

#3419 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like an adjustment issue, unless it was during lovegun. That happens under specific circumstances and was a documented bug in 1.28. Maybe it's not fixed in 1.30. There are other bugs that weren't addressed.

Another 10 games and it seems fine now - maybe it does self-adjust as it goes!

Class machine - deserves more love.
(and more code)

#3420 6 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Another 10 games and it seems fine now - maybe it does self-adjust as it goes!
Class machine - deserves more love.
(and more code)

If you had it custom set the code update automatically defaults the machine when done. Maybe your setting changed?

#3421 6 years ago

I would guess, these fixes were done shortly after the last code release a year and a half ago and there wasn't enough to test it and release it.
They just released it now to stop the bad press and shut kiss owners up for a little while. Money says these changes weren't recently coded.

#3422 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I would guess, these fixes were done shortly after the last code release a year and a half ago and there wasn't enough to test it and release it.
They just released it now to stop the bad press and shut kiss owners up for a little while. Money says these changes weren't recently coded.

It's a long list of changes, but it's not really much in total, and tons of long-documented bugs were left unaddressed.

#3423 6 years ago

Ugg! New code installed then game on.... until Love Gun multiball...two balls into Demon and same old issue. Can't clear the double stacked balls In the vuk... annoying!

#3424 6 years ago
Quoted from Rhlufa:

Ugg! New code installed then game on.... until Love Gun multiball...two balls into Demon and same old issue. Can't clear the double stacked balls In the vuk... annoying!

Pro or Prem/LE? I've never seen this on a Pro/LE.

#3425 6 years ago

Pro...

#3426 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pro or Prem/LE? I've never seen this on a Pro/LE.

I have seen this on my pro maybe 3-5 times out of 3800 plays. It's a pain to fix as it takes a magnet stick to clear it out. I thought I had read somewhere else on pinside that Stern has a fix for this. It wouldn't hurt to give Chas a call and ask him.

#3427 6 years ago

Ah! I'll make a note on the bug list that this is for the Pro. Not an issue on the Prem/LE that I've ever seen.

#3428 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah! I'll make a note on the bug list that this is for the Pro. Not an issue on the Prem/LE that I've ever seen.

It is a mechanical problem. I don't see how software can help.

#3429 6 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

It is a mechanical problem. I don't see how software can help.

Sure it can. They can ball search, then when it doesn't clear after two rounds, up the strength of the VUK in software to max, which will give it enough power to kick up 2 balls at a time. Unless the balls are physically jammed, it will clear it.

#3430 6 years ago

It was some time ago when I first mentioned this and thought it was on the bug fix list. Almost seems there is lag time from when the vuk switch or opto senses the ball and when it gets kicked up.

#3431 6 years ago
Quoted from Rhlufa:

It was some time ago when I first mentioned this and thought it was on the bug fix list. Almost seems there is lag time from when the vuk switch or opto senses the ball and when it gets kicked up.

It is on the 1.28 and now the 1.30 bug list. Stern just didn't fix most of the bugs on 1.28 list, leaving 15 long-documented ones still in the game.

#3432 6 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I have seen this on my pro maybe 3-5 times out of 3800 plays. It's a pain to fix as it takes a magnet stick to clear it out. I thought I had read somewhere else on pinside that Stern has a fix for this. It wouldn't hurt to give Chas a call and ask him.

I had this happen. We used a long rod (very carefully) to undo the stuck balls. I called Chaz and he sent me a part to put in the machine. However, there are no instructions and he stated I will have to remove Gene's head. The balls only got stuck once....so I have never called Chaz back to see how this part goes.

Anyone have a picture of the part installed?

Btw, I fakking love Kiss. It shoots so smooth...hope they do another update for bugs/animations, but the rules are great. This game is so underrated.....

#3433 6 years ago

I was able to put a few plays on the new code and I love the fact you can now stack a mode with love gun MB and HOF multiball, combine that with the song multipliers and is watch the scores climb. This really gives a added layer for putting the perfect stack together. I'm not sure if you can do the same thing with Demon multiball

It also appeared that you have to go into the kiss menu to enable lovegun and Demon multiballl's previous progress, the update doesn't do it automatically.

#3434 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Stern cant really win any way can they... everyone complains about an update. Then they get an update which if i recall being mentioned at a time, was primarily bug fixes.

Well Jody should shut his mouth. He said on the John's arcade stream that there's a "Big update" coming. This isn't a big update this is an afternoon fixing a few bugs. It's horseshit.

#3435 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Quoted from Deez:

Well Jody should shut his mouth. He said on the John's arcade stream that there's a "Big update" coming. This isn't a big update this is an afternoon fixing a few bugs. It's horseshit.

I think there's a lot of truth to dgoett's post. There's no way they go from 1.28 to 1.30 in 16 months with mostly bug fixes. 1.30 has probably been done for a while. If there's another release, we might see it labeled 1.83, or something like that. All the inbetween versions we probably won't see.

#3436 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sure it can. They can ball search, then when it doesn't clear after two rounds, up the strength of the VUK in software to max, which will give it enough power to kick up 2 balls at a time. Unless the balls are physically jammed, it will clear it.

On my pro, I once had 2 balls physically jam in there. I had to remove the VUK to get them out. It's a hardware design flaw.

Rob

#3437 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

On my pro, I once had 2 balls physically jam in there. I had to remove the VUK to get them out. It's a hardware design flaw.
Rob

I knew Gene had a secret. I KNEW it!

#3438 6 years ago

Or to finally give up on and sell to fund a spooky or JJP.

U sure ? (and I am a big Spooky's TNA fan)

If you forget about cities, Kiss is an excellent game with little playfield issues, good artwork and reasonably challenging layout. I also love the hommage to the Bally version.

Current resale value is probably not stellar, and you may have to add $ for a newer stern (with incomplete code, ghosting, etc...) or JJP.
Buying back one if you have regrets won't be so easy, because the game is relatively rare - at least in Europe.

To me, Kiss is one of the undervalued, under appreciated recent Sterns (with Mustang).

#3439 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

To me, Kiss is one of the undervalued, under appreciated recent Sterns (with Mustang).

You had me until the Mustang part. That game is really blah. I think it could be dressed up with better code, but it ain't happening.

#3440 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You had me until the Mustang part.

To be fair, I don't know yet Mustang's lasting ability in a small lineup. Only played it on location.
But I'am going to rent one for 2-3 months soon. Will tell more about it after that.

#3441 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

To be fair, I don't know yet Mustang's lasting ability in a small lineup. Only played it on location.
But I'am going to rent one for 2-3 months soon. Will tell more about it after that.

Unless you're an absolute Mustang fanatic, you'll burn out on it in that time. It's just not that fun as it sits. Trudeau admitted having trouble getting back in the designer saddle was hard when Stern brought him on. Mustang and WWE were the ones he struggled with before a base hit with Ghostbusters.

#3442 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Cant disagree on that. But when its a fact he says much bs, then at least people should know they cant trust him

#3443 6 years ago

Positive.

#3444 6 years ago

Hey guys, hey Stern, hope you read this forum and keep up (yes, emailing is more a direct way of comm). As copied from Rhlufa, "Ugg! New code installed then game on.... until Love Gun multiball...two balls into Demon and same old issue. Can't clear the double stacked balls In the vuk... annoying!" Dude! I just spent an hr or 2 working on mine this morn b4 I searched and realized there was this update. What I did was removed the glass and grabbed a ruler and pushed the top ball all the way back (by going into Genes mouth w/ the ruler). Then, upon restart, he can spit them both out. So far anyway, knock on wood. - As copied from JeffsArcade, "Wish they would add more animations like on the Run-DMD and more call-outs. They said they had 45 pages of call-outs... seems like they have used a fraction of that so far and the Run-DMD has SO MANY animations that don't seem to be activated yet." - I didnt know that, but I agree! How could anyone who owns this game not agree w/ the importance of this statement? Again Team Stern, I hope you read this. Please update this game again to use more of the material at your disposal! Now, if there are "45 pages of callouts" - well, dont need that many. 45 pages typed? What, hmm.k...But - more callouts and animations would be nice! Something w/ the cities would be the icing and cherry on top. Customers paid big for these machines. And rightfully so have full-use, big expectations! If you Stern can do at least a little more w/ cities, which of course you can, then please do it! But AT LEAST - please sink some time into resolving the Demon eject 2nd ball stacking issue! Who wants to have to remove the glass and tinker w/ that all the time? Its too good a game for that - and Stern youre too good a company w/ too good a personnel for that!

#3445 6 years ago

Stay tuned.

#3446 6 years ago

Not only do I like KISS, it's 7 year old Carters favourite game too.

rd

IMG_6755 (resized).JPGIMG_6755 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3447 6 years ago

As we know, Stern may still be improving the code.

Can we have some Champion's awards on this game please?

Heaven's on Fire Champion etc?

At the moment it just has Combo champ as does AS. I don't mind that AS started with the KISS code as it's base but can both games get Champion awards?

Makes a huge difference to games in the home and surely it can't be that complex or time consuming to code?

#3448 6 years ago

I am pretty happy with the code....What it's lacking is callouts and animations! The callouts are repetitive, but I have heard there are lots of great callouts that are not being used, even swearing. Paul and Gene did all that custom voice work, seems a shame to waste any of it...Also, it's been reported that there are many animations that are done but not being used. It's all there, just needs to be implemented. I'm still hoping.

#3449 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

As we know, Stern may still be improving the code.
Can we have some Champion's awards on this game please?
Heaven's on Fire Champion etc?
At the moment it just has Combo champ as does AS. I don't mind that AS started with the KISS code as it's base but can both games get Champion awards?
Makes a huge difference to games in the home and surely it can't be that complex or time consuming to code?

Since Lonnie programmed both of these, what is his track record for programming Champion Awards into his games?

#3450 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Since Lonnie programmed both of these, what is his track record for programming Champion Awards into his games?

Not sure but they would improve both games massively and it must be easy to do for a decent programmer?

Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I am pretty happy with the code....What it's lacking is callouts and animations! The callouts are repetitive, but I have heard there are lots of great callouts that are not being used, even swearing. Paul and Gene did all that custom voice work, seems a shame to waste any of it...Also, it's been reported that there are many animations that are done but not being used. It's all there, just needs to be implemented. I'm still hoping.

Agree code is good.

But more call outs/animations adds the polish that Stern hopefully will decide in this era of increased competition, is worth them doing. Good for current sales and future sales.

If they don't finish current games, then who will have faith on the say Guardians or Iron Maiden?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.