F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 85.
#4151 5 years ago

Updating 6:40am....

A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpegA623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
#4152 5 years ago

Already played that mode. Shot the ball into the Demon head and now instead of "Demon lock one" you hear Gene's voice say "Yinz up in there".

#4153 5 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Already played that mode. Shot the ball into the Demon head and now instead of "Demon lock one" you hear Gene's voice say "Yinz up in there".

That is soooo awesome!!! Haha!!! For those unaware of Pittsburghese, “yinz” is the equivalent to “y’all” down south. Thank you for that awesome tidbit.

#4154 5 years ago

Time for a thread lock

#4155 5 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

[quoted image]

Isn't it "Party Every Day"???

#4156 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Who wouldn't prefer to rock and roll most of the time and never party?

#4157 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

It's "Pawty Ev-a-ry Day"!

#4158 5 years ago

Been working so much finally taking some me time....just updated code on Kiss and Metallica....so Hell Yeah!!!

Only 2 games on Kiss and some subtle differences right away....scores should be much higher......can’t wait to see what else they changed.

Gonna be hard to pull me off Kiss and get time in on Metallica but gonna have to as it sounds like EOTL is much easier....closest I have been on old code is completed 2 CIU and 3rd was lit on the old code.

#4159 5 years ago

For those that have not got the Lovegun/Starchild area plastic protector get it. I never had an issue before the whole time I have had this game.....load new code and after 3-4 games the ball got machine gunned by the drop several times into the plastic. I know there was something added to the code to help with this issue but just know it can still happen....get the protector....lucky for me I quit procrastinating and installed one a couple months ago.

@capguntrooper for anyone needing it.

#4160 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

For those that have not got the Lovegun/Starchild area plastic protector get it. I never had an issue before the whole time I have had this game.....load new code and after 3-4 games the ball got machine gunned by the drop several times into the plastic. I know there was something added to the code to help with this issue but just know it can still happen....get the protector....lucky for me I quit procrastinating and installed one a couple months ago.
@capguntrooper for anyone needing it.

^^^^^^^WHAT HE SAID!^^^^^ and don't let this happen to you!

7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
#4161 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

not when you're approaching 70, like gene!

#4162 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gotta give credit where is due, Stern has simply done a superb job with code in 2018.

imagine they had convinced enough people to quit buying new in box right off the line because of 1/2 finished product. at least now they have restored a little faith in doing some follow up work on it. ill personally never buy on first release and "just hope it gets better" until they have a proven track record of finishing games.

#4163 5 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

^^^^^^^WHAT HE SAID!^^^^^ and don't let this happen to you!

+1

88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
#4164 5 years ago

Planning on doing update later today.... I assume I'll have to re-add my custom song changes (ie live Detroit Rock City, God of Thunder for demon multiball, etc)? The update won't retain previous settings?

#4165 5 years ago

Yes, you will need to add them again. So put them in the new code before updating.

#4166 5 years ago

I installed the new code and i’m really liking it.

Either I’ve magically developed mad pinball skills or the new code is making it easier to run up the score. Anyone else noticing this?

#4167 5 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

I installed the new code and i’m really liking it.
Either I’ve magically developed mad pinball skills or the new code is making it easier to run up the score. Anyone else noticing this?

2x scoring is active after only complete if one song instead of 2.

#4168 5 years ago

Colossal Bonus now is after 3 songs on same ball. 5x multiplier.

So, guess I will soon see it for the first time ever!

No 10x multiplier though.

#4169 5 years ago

I've found that the modes are easier to complete but to get the shot multiplier you have to compete Kiss army and KISS hurry ups which is significantly harder. This has kept the scores down but feels so much more balanced. You don't have to always select Deuce and lick it up as the song modes are so much more balanced. The love gun tweaks on the LE and premium have been the highlight for me. Having to release the trapped ball like on GOTG orbit MB which is timed to get a 3 vs 2 ball MB is so much fun. So glad to hear " you wanted the best...." at game start up. And the city combo shots with call outs really was a nice touch! This update has exceeded all expectations , so impressed. So worth the wait, Stern really delivered on this one!

#4170 5 years ago

I'm finding the average scores have gone up (about double), but its harder to put up the monster scores. everything is more balanced than before (score, modes, shot importance, multiballs). Excellent update. only glitch i've noticed so far is on the game start quote "you wanted to the best" occasionally glitches and sounds choppy.

#4171 5 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I'm finding the average scores have gone up (about double), but its harder to put up the monster scores. everything is more balanced than before (score, modes, shot importance, multiballs). Excellent update. only glitch i've noticed so far is on the game start quote "you wanted to the best" occasionally glitches and sounds choppy.

Yes, would be nice if that sound bite were cleaned up in some way.

Scoring is so much more fun and balanced now.

Multipliers are super important and attainable now.

I was only 1 shot away from Colossal bonus today.

On the old code I played over 1000 games and didn't get close to it.

Bottom line, the game has more strategy now and is even more fun to play.

Well done Stern

Guessing there may be a final update just to address any bugs etc.

And it is fantastic to have the cities implemented in a meaningful way.

#4172 5 years ago

Always loved the way this game shoots. Relieved to see this update!

I won't have access to my game for awhile and have one question...are the dots improved?

snaroff

#4173 5 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Excellent update. only glitch i've noticed so far is on the game start quote "you wanted to the best" occasionally glitches and sounds choppy.

....and Pittsburgh is spelled wrong. Two glitches.

#4174 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Always loved the way this game shoots. Relieved to see this update!
I won't have access to my game for awhile and have one question...are the dots improved?
snaroff

I haven't noticed anything of significance with the dots. Slightly disappointed but it's ok. This update is awesome and this game is a blast. Light show is fantastic. Would like them to fix the Demon eject/lockup power settings. As these two are still reversed in the menu. By the way, my intro hasn't been choppy one time. And I caught the spelling error but was able to fix that with PB.

#4175 5 years ago

As far as the You wanted the best intro I just double checked and it seems the game alternates between the intro from Alive and Alive II...notice one voice is high pitched which is Alive and the lower pitch is Alive II. Kind of neat. So for anyone that is hearing a difference that is why.

#4176 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I have a KISS topper on ebay, if anyone is interested.
ebay.com link » Stern Pinball Machine Interactive Kiss Topper

Just in case someone is looking for a KISS topper in the future, you might get an idea of what they're selling for based on my ebay sale. Mine sold for $330 + shipping. My buyer is a two hour drive from me, so his shipping cost was $13.65.

#4177 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Just in case someone is looking for a KISS topper in the future, you might get an idea of what they're selling for based on my ebay sale. Mine sold for $330 + shipping. My buyer is a two hour drive from me, so his shipping cost was $13.65.

Kind of a shame that such a great topper is no longer in production. I know several people who bought one just to display in their collections.

#4178 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Kind of a shame that such a great topper is no longer in production. I know several people who bought one just to display in their collections.

Someone asked me on ebay if the patterns would display without plugging into the game. I wasn't sure if the programming is self-contained in the topper or if the game provided the programming software. Do these just light up solid with the proper voltage, or are the patterns still present?

#4179 5 years ago

My favorite machine got even better! Code was much needed . although I liked it before this was much appreciated! Only thing I could complain about now is the songs. I wish the update would have included two or three more songs. Especially a cut from either Alive albums. please please make a color DMD for this machine. The red DMD is absolute garbage!

#4180 5 years ago

KISS KISS KISS!!!! my homemade topper

15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
#4181 5 years ago

I couldn’t justify the $400 for the topper.... total cash grab...$250 tops.

But it is cool.

#4182 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

But it is cool.

My thoughts exactly! At least go with the interactive back glass mod so it plays like the 78 pin

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/56599

#4183 5 years ago

Remember how surprised we all were when Stern released the huge Aerosmith update?
I just compared the Aerosmith update to the Kiss update.
Aerosmith has 209 changes... But... Kiss has 282 changes. So Kiss v1.40 is Sterns biggest update in history
Let´s just hope Ghostbusters is similar.

#4184 5 years ago

I have toppers on all my pins and the Kiss topper is the best by far

Quoted from Pickle:

But it is cool.

#4185 5 years ago

We wait 18 months after the mega massive update, 1.41 arrives

An award after the combos/cities are completed - that is an awesome challenge.

Let's see Bowen try and do that on a live stream

Wonder if any of the guys at Stern have done it?

#4186 5 years ago

V1.41.0 - December 11, 2018
====================================

- Added the virtual locks adjustment to the "Install Competition" menu.
- Renamed several adjustments to better describe what each adjustment
changes. The adjustment "Demon Eject Power" is now called
"Demon Eject/VUK Power" and controls the power of the coil that kicks
the ball from the playfield up into the Demon Head. The adjustment
"Demon LockUp Power" is now called "Demon LockUp/Release Power"
and controls the coil that kicks out locked balls from the Demon Head.
- Raised the volume of the Demon Lock Rapid Kick sound effect.
- Changed the Demon Multiball Start full playfield light show. Now the end
sequence playfield lights are in sync with the balls as they exit the Demon
mouth.
- Now the game gives an award for collecting all 15 City Combos. This
award can be multiplied by the shot/playfield multipliers. Upon completion
the game resets the Cities collected allowing for another set of 15 cities to
be collected.
- Added a Demon Spinning Motor test to the Game-Specific tests.
- Added an adjustment to disable the Demon Spinning Motor Disc.
- Added a slingshot power adjustment.
- Changed the default slingshot power.
- Added a Starchild slingshot power adjustment.
- Changed the default Starchild slingshot power.
- Added an adjustment for auto Ball Launch power.
- Added a Trough Eject power adjustment.
- Added Coin Meter to coil test.
- Added Ticket Meter to coil test.
- Changed the default Shaker Motor power.
- Changed the default diagnostic Shaker Motor "ON" time.
- Fixed a bug where the left outlane ball save would not perform an early kick.
Instead, it would wait for the ball to drain before kicking a new ball into play.
- Optimized the amount of game data being saved to the SD card.
- Changed the City Combo award lightshow to a "radar" look.
- Changed the Starchild full playfield lightshow (seen when hitting the
Starchild targets as play is advanced towards Love Gun Multiball) to be
more Starchild centric.
- Colorized the Starchild full playfield lightshow, i.e. RGB lamps in the
sequence now match the Love Gun Multiball arrow colors.
- Colorized the Love Gun Multiball Ready full playfield lightshow, i.e. RGB
lamps in the sequence now match the Love Gun Multiball arrow colors.
- Added outlane speech and probability criteria to hear it upon draining
the last ball.
- Changed the spelling of "Pittsburg" to "Pittsburgh".

#4189 5 years ago

Spelled Pittsburgh correctly...thank goodness!

#4190 5 years ago

Has anyone made any adjustments to the Starchild slingshot power adjustment 0x98 with the new update? Any other changes people have made for better gameplay? I wish Stern would have done the full update at once since I had just used Pinball Browser to change all of my songs on 1.4 now had to them all over with 1.41.

#4191 5 years ago

Does the DMD still read ‘Love it Loud’?
As any Kiss fan will tell you, it’s ‘I Love it Loud’
Also in attract mode, do the RGB inserts flow together through the same colour sequences, ie, all red, then orange, yellow, green etc... (just like in Star Trek & GOTG or the JJ pinnies?)
I love that look, many times I’ll just switch my machines on for the lovely lights, whilst sipping on a beer or ten)

#4192 5 years ago

Loving the new code, I'm only hearing " You wanted the best" once every four or five games. Is there a setting or is this the way it was suppose to be to prevent monotony?

#4193 5 years ago

That’s odd...I hear it every time I hit the start button.

#4194 5 years ago

Mine only says it the first game on start up, and not too often after.

#4195 5 years ago

Any other issues besides that? I would download the new code again and install. I can’t imagine there is a game adjustment for it but who knows. It definitely is not right.

#4196 5 years ago

Has anyone ever had their magnet stop working? I can't get love gun multiball to start because although you can hear the little motor running its not turning the crank and won't move the pully to move the magnet. Total bummer this is down and I can't really play the new code. Going on almost 3 weeks of waiting for Stern to get back to me. Called them several times and still nothing....

#4197 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

That’s odd...I hear it every time I hit the start button.

#metoo

#4199 5 years ago

Think it just depends how quickly you start the next game. Too quick and it doesn't bother.

#4200 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

We wait 18 months after the mega massive update, 1.41 arrives
An award after the combos/cities are completed - that is an awesome challenge.
Let's see Bowen try and do that on a live stream
Wonder if any of the guys at Stern have done it?

That was my suggestion from the other thread! Glad they added it! Any idea what it is???

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.