F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 85.
#2851 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

My Intel is a code update coming in...
2 Weeks!

Start talking High protein, I can't wait for this code update!!!!

#2852 6 years ago

Ok, let's get to the bottom of this.

Quoted from HighProtein:

2 Weeks!

How accurate is your Intel?

Quoted from cscmtp:

I've been told its most likely not going to happen by someone that would know. I have no reason to doubt this person, but hope they are wrong. If true, it really really stinks for all you kiss owners.

How accurate is your intel?

#2853 6 years ago

Glass half full - Out of all currently available new machines, KISS does not have the title of oldest code. That would be Whoa Nellie with the last update back in July 2015! Strangely I can't find a "Where's the WN code?"

Quoted from HighProtein:

2 Weeks!

Perhaps we should start a new thread "Come here to troll KISS owners!" and keep this thread for the tired, poor and huddled masses that it affects? (And my apologies to HighProtein if this was a real update )

#2854 6 years ago

I waited 2 years to be able to earn an extra ball on Tron Pro. Kiss still earning great. Excited for more code!

#2855 6 years ago

Stay tuned!!

#2856 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

2 Weeks!

I smell bullshit

#2857 6 years ago

It's coming...... The skies are opening soon!

#2858 6 years ago

Of course it's coming. I spent 2 hrs uploading custom 1.28 Premium code this weekend. You're welcome Kiss owners!

#2859 6 years ago

Well while we are all waiting on the kiss code you can install the Star chile plastic protector

Star Chile plastic Protector Mod now available.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-child-flame-protector-mod-for-kiss-lepremium#post-3720683

2 weeks later
#2860 6 years ago

sold off my kiss le
i am done with stern, got myself a monster bash and alien le on order
wont be another stern nib purchase from me
id rather buy a dialed in and stare at that hideous artwork all day!

#2861 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

2 Weeks!

Annnnnnnnndddddddddd?

#2862 6 years ago

I was told that Lonnie is being given 6 weeks to fix/finish the KISS code.

What a disaster this pin has turned into it. Great layout/shots, great art, great sound, great lighting, great music, custom callouts from Paul & Gene...and the code was the achilles heal to the machine. I feel bad for all the distributors who are just stuck sitting on these machines.

If I were a game designer, I would never allow Lonnie to code any of my games. Remember, Gary said the SPIKE system will make it easier to code games...so what's your excuse Lonnie?

Thank God Dwight was brought on and handed Star Trek. That game would've vastly underperformed on sales if the code wasn't handed off to Dwight.

#2863 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I was told that Lonnie is being given 6 weeks to fix/finish the KISS code.
What a disaster this pin has turned into it. Great layout/shots, great art, great sound, great lighting, great music, custom callouts from Paul & Gene...and the code was the achilles heal to the machine. I feel bad for all the distributors who are just stuck sitting on these machines.

No a fan of Lonnie code, but you're overstating by quite a bit. KISS code is overall better and more complete than Aerosmith currently, and everyone is fawning over that. Both games are essentially shoot the colored/flashing arrow, with little story at all. The Aero LCD has them hyp-mo-tized.

If Lonnie's got 6 weeks to zip up KISS, I hope he's looked at the KISS 1.28 bug thread (here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-code-128-bugs-and-wishlist-for-final-update) and can try to do away with as many of the 15 actual bugs as possible and scratch a few of the wishlist features while he's at it. KISS Army and Rock City multi-ball need the most work, but I doubt they get much, since most of what's needed is graphics and callouts, which they probably have little of.

#2864 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No a fan of Lonnie code, but you're overstating by quite a bit. KISS code is overall better and more complete than Aerosmith currently, and everyone is fawning over that. Both games are essentially shoot the colored/flashing arrow, with little story at all. The Aero LCD has them hyp-mo-tized

So true.

The KISS code isn't too bad at all.

I do like some aspects of the AS code ... ie when you finish a mode, you automatically get "Super something" rather than a random award from the scoop.

In saying that, a final polish and clean up is needed, just to finish KISS off.

rd

#2865 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So true.
I do like some aspects of the AS code ... ie when you finish a mode, you automatically get "Super something" rather than a random award from the scoop.
rd

Yes, giving you a super as a reward for finishing a mode (AS) is definitely better than the random way you get it from the scoop in KISS, but I don't like the way the song modes (timed) are handled compared to KISS (not timed). And that upper playfield in AS is still a waste in my opinion. I've played it a lot and still don't like that.

There's a lot to consider in that KISS 1.28 bugs and wishlist thread. I hope we get at least half of it done (all the bugs and some of the wishlist stuff).

#2866 6 years ago

KISS Pro vs Ghostbusters Pro anyone? I've had Ghostbusters since release and looking at moving it on ready for Star Wars....I still want a KISS Pro down the track.

#2867 6 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

KISS Pro vs Ghostbusters Pro anyone? I've had Ghostbusters since release and looking at moving it on ready for Star Wars....I still want a KISS Pro down the track.

Hmmmmm ... 50/50 there I would say.

Would come down to personal theme preference I'd think.

Lots of people like GB but it's a flawed game. Same modes all the time (WHO BOUGHT THE DOOOOOGGGGGG?) SDTM from out of the pops, crazy scoring in some modes, not to mention the "all or nothing" skill shots.

KISS is a lot more meat and potatoes.

Play some KISS and see if you like it ...

rd

#2868 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

sold off my kiss le
i am done with stern, got myself a monster bash and alien le on order
wont be another stern nib purchase from me
id rather buy a dialed in and stare at that hideous artwork all day!

So so true!!!!!! Ditto for me.

#2869 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So true.
rd

Is it THAT close? Correct me if I am wrong but modes on AS go for 30 seconds unless you extend time.
Then you can hit the scoop to change song/mode

In KISS it doesnt end until you hit enough shots
So you can be stuck in a mode forever - and unlike ST, which makes more shots available if you are taking too long....KISS will keep that same shot lit.
So if you are in a mode where ONLY the shot through the bumpers is lit, or ONLY the right ramp is lit.....if you cannot make the shots you are stuck.
That small difference makes a HUGE difference in the games code. How it plays. How fun it is.
Correct me if I am wrong.

#2870 6 years ago

kiss code is great once u turn down the difficulty a lot. yep and it is still missing a lot though. they should change strategy and have the "A" team that spends time on perfecting the code and "B" team to do basic stuff coding.

#2871 6 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

kiss code is great once u turn down the difficulty a lot. yep and it is still missing a lot though. they should change strategy and have the "A" team that spends time on perfecting the code and "B" team to do basic stuff coding.

Yep, if you adjust how many instruments get lit with the right ramp shot and if the lit instruments carry-over after a drain, it will definitely open up and make the wizard modes more attainable for your average player (with possibly more fun).

I play with default settings because most KISS games on location or in tournaments are utilizing the default settings. Rock City has been unattainable for me. And now looking to sell the game but not because of the code situation.

#2872 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Is it THAT close? Correct me if I am wrong but modes on AS go for 30 seconds unless you extend time.
In KISS it doesnt end until you hit enough shots.

You're saying that like it's a negative. In a MUSIC game, I generally prefer to hear more than 30 seconds of a song at a time. KISS has it right. AS has it wrong, IMO.

#2873 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

So you can be stuck in a mode forever - and unlike ST, which makes more shots available if you are taking too long....KISS will keep that same shot lit.
So if you are in a mode where ONLY the shot through the bumpers is lit, or ONLY the right ramp is lit.....if you cannot make the shots you are stuck.
That small difference makes a HUGE difference in the games code. How it plays. How fun it is.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Mostly true.

There is a way to change songs before they are finished. I am still not sure if it a bug or a feature, but sometimes when you start a new ball you can change the song with the flipper before you shoot. It isn't entirely consistent, but it seems like this only is allowed after some level of progress has been made. I can confirm that the progress made isn't lost if you come back to that song later. My son likes to do this and drives me nuts. It ends up a dad lecture of "finish what you start boy" Now that I think about it, I am pretty sure that was Stern's intent.

When you get stuck on a shot, you can change focus to the grid and/or Love Gun/Demon MB. The nice thing is you can still progress on the song with MB. Also knowing which songs are more likely to get you stuck on a harder shot becomes part of the game strategy decision tree for choosing your songs.

#2874 6 years ago

Can someone explain to the me the city option. I really do not understand it. Is there any rationale for having different cities?

Besides not unbderstandig the city modes, I really like my Kiss Premium. Did not like it when it first came out. But the code updates have helped. I also moved both Outland post in by name one hole. It completely changed the game. Before this, I had too many outlane balls. Especially coming off the pops and straight into the right outlane. Besides TWDLE, which is my all time favorite, I play Kiss more than any other Stern pin I have.

#2875 6 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Can someone explain to the me the city option. I really do not understand it. Is there any rationale for having different cities?
Besides not unbderstandig the city modes, I really like my Kiss Premium. Did not like it when it first came out. But the code updates have helped. I also moved both Outland post in by name one hole. It completely changed the game. Before this, I had too many outlane balls. Especially coming off the pops and straight into the right outlane. Besides TWDLE, which is my all time favorite, I play Kiss more than any other Stern pin I have.

Choose a city at the beginning of the game and the callouts from the band will reflect that. "Hello Pittsburgh.....".

#2876 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

That's correct ... and a lot of people are moaning that they don't have enough time to finish the AS songs before the timer ends. In the AS thread lots of guys say they have increased the song timers.

Stern can't win lol. Someone's gonna moan either way.

rd

#2877 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If Lonnie's got 6 weeks to zip up KISS, I hope he's looked at the KISS 1.28 bug thread (here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-code-128-bugs-and-wishlist-for-final-update) and can try to do away with as many of the 15 actual bugs as possible and scratch a few of the wishlist features while he's at it. KISS Army and Rock City multi-ball need the most work, but I doubt they get much, since most of what's needed is graphics and callouts, which they probably have little of.

Right on point, I hope this bug thread is looked at and addressed, very informative and with a little polish on the code this game will become a classic and will sell many more units!

#2878 6 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Right on point, I hope this bug thread is looked at and addressed, very informative and with a little polish on the code this game will become a classic and will sell many more units!

I don't know about a "classic" ... but it can certainly become a "solid title" and they can sell some more units, for sure.

rd

#2879 6 years ago

So what settings do you guys have it set at (or recommend) for a home environment, for the average/casual player with no tournament play in their future...IE: To maximize the fun factor but not make it too east...

Asking for a friend....

#2880 6 years ago

Set grid completion to 1 for HOF multi ball. Lit instruments carry over ball to ball. Light extra ball at one instrument collected. You have to collect like another 48 instruments for a second extra ball so it's not like giving a ton of extra balls in a single game. I also changed the play field multiplyer to 2X at one song completion. Second song will give you 3X etc. etc.

That's all I have changed and it's a ton of fun like that. I have not changed the posts or anything which still keeps it very challenging.

#2881 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Set grid completion to 1 for HOF multi ball. Lit instruments carry over ball to ball. Light extra ball at one instrument collected. You have to collect like another 48 instruments for a second extra ball so it's not like giving a ton of extra balls in a single game. I also changed the play field multiplyer to 2X at one song completion. Second song will give you 3X etc. etc.
That's all I have changed and it's a ton of fun like that. I have not changed the posts or anything which still keeps it very challenging.

Why not just set it to 5 balls per game instead of these changes? Close up the outlanes if you need to.

#2882 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

So what settings do you guys have it set at (or recommend) for a home environment, for the average/casual player with no tournament play in their future...IE: To maximize the fun factor but not make it too east...
Asking for a friend....

These are the small tweaks I have made to my game;

1) Changed the ball save timer for the demon eject from 2->4 seconds to combat the occasional STDM behavior. Although, I think I have a permanent fix for that so might change this back to stock
2) Changed from auto to 4 instruments for extra ball. I don't think the auto setting works at all.
3) Set the lit instruments to stay lit after lost ball. It seems this should be default setting as all other band member progression carries over (star field targets, demon locks, catman lit inserts...)

You could also move the outlane posts to drop the number of screamer side drains from those damn bumpers!

#2883 6 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

1) Changed the ball save timer for the demon eject from 2->4 seconds to combat the occasional STDM behavior. Although, I think I have a permanent fix for that so might change this back to stock
2) Changed from auto to 4 instruments for extra ball. I don't think the auto setting works at all.
3) Set the lit instruments to stay lit after lost ball. It seems this should be default setting as all other band member progression carries over (star field targets, demon locks, catman lit inserts...)
You could also move the outlane posts to drop the number of screamer side drains from those damn bumpers!

This is exactly how i have mine set. I love it!!

#2884 6 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

What's your permanent fix?

#2885 6 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I don't have instruments carry over, but I do have all instruments lit on the first ramp shot. If I don't get them all on one ball, I have to hit a ramp shot again to light again.

I think you also said you changed playfield multipliers to one song. This has made the biggest difference in how fun this game is for me.

#2886 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Extra ball at ONE instrument? That seems a little low. It's set on 5 instruments on my home one and on the one I maintain on route. That way you qualify for HOF and the next instrument you light extra ball.

#2887 6 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Why not just set it to 5 balls per game instead of these changes? Close up the outlanes if you need to.

Because you're really not changing the ball time by making these changes - in some ways you're actually reducing it because the strategy changes. No longer is good score dependent on multi balls. You're rewarded heavily for completing songs, making shots around the playfield and forced to hit the dangerous scoop much more often. Until you've played a few games with these or similar settings its hard to understand how much more fun the game becomes while not increasing game length. The risk reward of trying to collect play field multipliers is a blast. On my own game i've set playfield multipliers to one song, Grid completions to two, instruments lit on 1 ramp.

#2888 6 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Because you're really not changing the ball time by making these changes - in some ways you're actually reducing it because the strategy changes. No longer is good score dependent on multi balls. You're rewarded heavily for completing songs, making shots around the playfield and forced to hit the dangerous scoop much more often. Until you've played a few games with these or similar settings its hard to understand how much more fun the game becomes while not increasing game length. The risk reward of trying to collect play field multipliers is a blast. On my own game i've set playfield multipliers to one song, Grid completions to two, instruments lit on 1 ramp.

Giving an extra ball at 1 instrument is the same as making it a 4-ball game. Closing the outlanes lengthens ball times, it doesn't shorten them. I'm quite familiar with the game and I guess I don't find all the shots as hard as some people. It seems like these super easy settings would have folks accomplishing everything in every game (1 grid for HOF, 1 ramp shot lights ALL instrument shots, extra ball at 1 instrument, etc.).

It's great there are adjustments available and the idea of playing pinball is to have fun so it's all good. Another way to see more code is to increase the number of balls per game and leave the software settings at factory is my only point.

#2889 6 years ago

George Gomez spoke about Kiss code at the last TPF- Said the cities selection was not intended to be a specific coded thing, only that it would be cool to announce a different city as the player saw fit. He said that they "maybe" will do something with it in the future.

He also discussed Lonnie doing the code, and was adamant that the reason the code hadn't been advanced is because Stern has had Lonnie assigned to other things.

It has been mentioned several times by Stern that a code update will be coming, it's just a matter of "when". I think the layout plays great (as do all Borg games IMO) and the shots are satisfying, and a code tweak would really push this game far. It's just going to take patience to get the update, but I'm confident it will be good.

I just sold my Kiss, I owned it since launch, and I'll probably regret selling it once the new code drops. But I needed space and cash and I've sold many good/great games because of that.

#2890 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

That's exactly why it's more playable than GB!!! Most people tend to start with Duece or Lick It Up. The hard shots tend to be a choice not a requirement. Kiss modes move the shots around or strobe them. So youre not stuck. BUT if you want a challenge you can select Black Diamond or Shout It Out Loud which forces the nasty orbits. You've got modes that randomize sections of the modes like Hotter Than Hell or Black Diamond. Lots of variety. If you enter a tough mode to complete there's a risk you'll be stuck. But that's only like 2 modes that are that hard.

#2891 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What's your permanent fix?

I have designed a plastic guide more or less that fits in the mouth. It forces the ball to come out in a very predictable way and so far after maybe a hundred plays it hits the at the pivot of the left flipper 100% of the time. I am planning on posting in the mods thread once I make a few tweaks for a slightly better fitment.

Quoted from Sparky:

I don't have instruments carry over, but I do have all instruments lit on the first ramp shot. If I don't get them all on one ball, I have to hit a ramp shot again to light again.
I think you also said you changed playfield multipliers to one song. This has made the biggest difference in how fun this game is for me.

No, that suggestion wasn't from me. I like the multipliers at every 2 songs. Would inflate the score too much for my liking. I like the challenge of setting up multiballs and other bonuses in prep for finishing every other song.

#2892 6 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I have designed a plastic guide more or less that fits in the mouth. It forces the ball to come out in a very predictable way and so far after maybe a hundred plays it hits the at the pivot of the left flipper 100% of the time. I am planning on posting in the mods thread once I make a few tweaks for a slightly better fitment.

I tried everything I could think of, except for taking the demon head apart, to get the ball to shoot to the left flipper instead of right down the middle.

#2893 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I tried everything I could think of, except for taking the demon head apart, to get the ball to shoot to the left flipper instead of right down the middle.

Adjusting the power does work, you just have to:

1. Know that the settings are BACKWARDS in the system menu, so if you're adjusting the one labeled for the head, you're not really adjusting the head kickout.
2. You have to play with the power for a while to get it just right, but it will kick to the left flipper tip once you get it right.

#2894 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Adjusting the power does work, you just have to:
1. Know that the settings are BACKWARDS in the system menu, so if you're adjusting the one labeled for the head, you're not really adjusting the head kickout.
2. You have to play with the power for a while to get it just right, but it will kick to the left flipper tip once you get it right.

I tried that...didn't work. Still went straight down the middle.

#2895 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I tried that...didn't work. Still went straight down the middle.

How many steps of power did you try? Also what's the angle of your machine?

#2896 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

How many steps of power did you try? Also what's the angle of your machine?

I don't remember the exact numbers, but I went from the highest level down to a level where it wasn't strong enough to shoot the ball out of the mouth.

My machines are perfectly leveled and the air bubble is in-between the 2 lines.

#2897 6 years ago

I found that with the power turned down and the head loosened and twisted as far to either extremes did help. It probably reduced it to 25% sdtm compared to maybe 40% as it played out of the box. It still bothered me enough to design a 100% solution.

#2898 6 years ago

Why oh why did they design it to go STDM on factory settings every time?? Just awful. The first codes had no ball saves. Was just infuriating.

#2899 6 years ago

Is it STDM or SDTM.

#2900 6 years ago

SDTM = straight down the middle.

STDM = straight the down middle.

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.75
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
$ 19.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.