Topic Stats

• 4,247 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 284 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200215_141215 (resized).jpg
IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

There are 4247 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 85.
#2451 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I don't care what Stern's intentions are. Does the GOT orbit "fix" suck any less because it wasn't their original intent? It is what it is, and it sucks.

Sorry but I don't think assuming intentions for code development compares to a known design flaw that they couldn't fix on their end.

#2452 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry but I don't think assuming intentions for code development compares to a known design flaw that they couldn't fix on their end.

They COULD have fixed it (with a new arm for that diverter - watch the slow mo video) they just chose not to.

#2453 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

They COULD have fixed it (with a new arm for that diverter - watch the slow mo video) they just chose not to.

I doubt Ritchie would say they are working on a fix and lie about it. I think they tried and couldn't come up with a permanent fix so took the road they did.

#2454 3 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Oh come on! Have you ever played AC/DC? The game has friggin rules for what targets you hit based on if the song was played on a certain tour they did. And we're supposed to believe that on Kiss, selecting a city is just so we can hear a call out?
Stern has abandoned the code on Kiss and we all know it, speculating that the cities are fine they way they are is just ridiculous.

That is the difference between Lyman as a programmer and Lonnie. I really hope Kiss gets a code update, I wouldn't mind owning one some day, but it's getting close to 2 years since the release and Stern keeps pumping out titles, to me it doesn't look too promising. If a code update gets released or even multiple it will never be AC/DC level of programming.

#2455 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I doubt Ritchie would say they are working on a fix and lie about it. I think they tried and couldn't come up with a permanent fix so took the road they did.

I love ya Chuck, but ya couldn't be more wrong. Stern could have fixed it and I submitted two designs to them for the arm and the shield bracket and they chose to ignore me because it was more cost effective to rewrite code than to manufacture new arms. The only reason I did not mass produce the arms was because it was WAAAAAAAAY to expensive unless mass produced. I would also never expect people to spend hundreds of dollars on a arm I redesigned. Not to mention when techs at Stern are referencing me and my work on kissues for fixes instead of fixing it on their own, they lose a lot of credibility. It has been one issue pin after another since TWD, they just gave up after fixing the issues on that one.

#2456 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I love ya Chuck, but ya couldn't be more wrong. Stern could have fixed it and I submitted two designs to them for the arm and the shield bracket and they chose to ignore me because it was more cost effective to rewrite code than to manufacture new arms. The only reason I did not mass produce the arms was because it was WAAAAAAAAY to expensive unless mass produced. I would also never expect people to spend hundreds of dollars on a arm I redesigned. Not to mention when techs at Stern are referencing me and my work on kissues for fixes instead of fixing it on their own, they lose a lot of credibility. It has been one issue pin after another since TWD, they just gave up after fixing the issues on that one.

#2457 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

#2458 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

You can say that again

#2459 3 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Oh come on! Have you ever played AC/DC? The game has friggin rules for what targets you hit based on if the song was played on a certain tour they did. And we're supposed to believe that on Kiss, selecting a city is just so we can hear a call out?
Stern has abandoned the code on Kiss and we all know it, speculating that the cities are fine they way they are is just ridiculous.

ehh

Where's the 10000X Like button !!!!!

#2460 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't think the decision was in his control. The fix is replacing that arm with one that has the correct curve. Not really that hard.

#2461 3 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

But that was lyman. Kiss is lonnie. Different styles.

#2462 3 years ago

I just ordered a NIB KISS LE, I believe a code update is coming. A code update came for my Hulk so I'm eternally optimistic on code updates now lol. Now if I can just avoid any Gene head problems, decal peeling, decal shrinking, and PF issues I'll be a happy camper...

#2463 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I just ordered a NIB KISS LE, I believe a code update is coming. A code update came for my Hulk so I'm eternally optimistic on code updates now lol. Now if I can just avoid any Gene head problems, decal peeling, decal shrinking, and PF issues I'll be a happy camper...

I think those issues are overblown. I have a KISS LE at home and help maintain a KISS Premium on route (where it earns very well) and neither have had those issues, except the Gene head eject, which only required a power adjustment on the kickout (note that they're labeled backwards on the settings menu, BTW).

#2464 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I think those issues are overblown. I have a KISS LE at home and help maintain a KISS Premium on route (where it earns very well) and neither have had those issues, except the Gene head eject, which only required a power adjustment on the kickout (note that they're labeled backwards on the settings menu, BTW).

So did they implement my Star Child saucer eject fix or does it still dribble out?

#2465 3 years ago

So did they implement my Star Child saucer eject fix or does it still dribble out?

Dribbles out. Never really bothered me since it's around the corner in the Star Child area. Seems like it's active enough for the job.

#2466 3 years ago

Every single kiss dribbles out. Why is that an issue?

#2467 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because for some machines it takes 3-5 tries for it to actually kick out.

#2468 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It was never meant to dribble out. The angle of the saucer eject launches ball into the plastic, causing the dribble out affect. The game design was supposed to launch it out into star child area. Early owners of LE's complained about this and when I cam up with the fix, techs at Stern were telling other owners to implement my fix. Watch my video to see what the Star Child area was originally designed to do with the Saucer eject.

I also played the KISS machine at Stern release party and it was never dribbling out like it does with nearly every other machine they sold. This fix will only take you four minutes and two spacers to set your game up to how it was originally designed to operate.

#2470 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Because for some machines it takes 3-5 tries for it to actually kick out.

Oh okay fair enough.

#2471 3 years ago

I assumed it was designed to softly kick out. If the ball gets kicked back hard into the STAR area every time it would get stuck up there. Achieving the Love Gun MB would be too easy. Mine occasionally kicks out hard enough for me to nudge it around and keep it up in that area. Usually it arcs down and out of that area back into the main PF area as I'm sure it was designed to do - otherwise Stern could easily shoot the ball at a higher velocity.

#2472 3 years ago

Off topic, but I am hoping someone can help. Our Kiss Pro has been, for lack of a better word, acting goofy. All of this started at once - here are a few examples:

Raising or lowering the volume quickly will cause the game to lock up - it then has to be restarted

On occasion it will play the wrong song - it will say, "Deuce" - the game plays as if it's Deuce, but it will play a different song

The backstage Pass now works about 60% of the time - it's not the switch, it knows the ball is there - it flashes and kicks it back out - but the rewards aren't given

Any ideas?

#2473 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Off topic, but I am hoping someone can help. Our Kiss Pro has been, for lack of a better word, acting goofy. All of this started at once - here are a few examples:
Raising or lowering the volume quickly will cause the game to lock up - it then has to be restarted
On occasion it will play the wrong song - it will say, "Deuce" - the game plays as if it's Deuce, but it will play a different song
The backstage Pass now works about 60% of the time - it's not the switch, it knows the ball is there - it flashes and kicks it back out - but the rewards aren't given
Any ideas?

Dunno about 1, but 2 is on the bug list in the KISS bug thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-code-128-bugs-and-wishlist-for-final-update
Pay attention to the song it plays vs the song the shots are for - it's always an immediately adjacent song.

3 IS the switch. It's making momentary contact. I had the same problem. Adjust the switch so it makes better contact and the problem will go away.

#2474 3 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I assumed it was designed to softly kick out. If the ball gets kicked back hard into the STAR area every time it would get stuck up there.

I agree, if the ball doesn't dribble out the drop target will raise and the ball will be stuck up there. I think that is how it was supposed to work.

#2475 3 years ago

This may be the wrong forum to ask this if so hopefully I can be redirected. I've had my Kiss Pro for just under a year and I'm getting the same issue over and over again in multiball. I shoot a ball into the Demon vuk and before it can kick out I get a second loaded and now two balls are stacked and the vuk can not eject them. I end up having to end my game to clear the double feed. Any suggestions.

#2476 3 years ago
Quoted from Rhlufa:

This may be the wrong forum to ask this if so hopefully I can be redirected. I've had my Kiss Pro for just under a year and I'm getting the same issue over and over again in multiball. I shoot a ball into the Demon vuk and before it can kick out I get a second loaded and now two balls are stacked and the vuk can not eject them. I end up having to end my game to clear the double feed. Any suggestions.

If this is during Lovegun, it's a known bug.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-code-128-bugs-and-wishlist-for-final-update#post-3561125

#2477 3 years ago

Thanks vireland, I was looking for that thread as I had seen it before but could not find it again. I guess it's good to know I'm not in the minority with this glitch.

#2478 3 years ago

Just curious if all you Kiss owners got your code update yet. How is the game now? Still need more to make it better or are you happy where it is?

#2479 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Just curious if all you Kiss owners got your code update yet. How is the game now? Still need more to make it better or are you happy where it is?

No code release yet. Rumors abound that it is coming but we're losing hope.

Overall, I'm VERY happy with KISS code but it could be better. There are a lot of minor bugs that need cleaned up. Of course, people want the cities to do something. I went to a local arcade today and played an hour on a Ghostbusters Pro. Glad I bought KISS instead of GB. KISS is more fun for me than GB.

#2480 3 years ago

Sorry for asking such a dumbass question BUT:

Just unboxed my Kiss LE. Everything is fine...but I can hardly hear the songs...if I raise the volume the effects and all get louder and louder...the music itself still stays too low ! Just found something in the adjustments called "background music"...did not help at all.

Anybody willing to help me out with a hint or two?

Lars

#2481 3 years ago

I just don't get why Stern don't at least allude to a code update? Perhaps they don't want people to buy the game anymore.....

#2482 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I just don't get why Stern don't at least allude to a code update? Perhaps they don't want people to buy the game anymore.....

There is a lot Sterns marketing/PR department do that makes no sense and must effect them in a negative way, lack of communication being one, some of the biggest companies in the world are there because they continually keep their customers up to date or at least tease and allude to when things will be revealed or released, Sterns version of doing the same is "stay tuned"

#2483 3 years ago

In the past we have known Stern to drop code on holidays...Valentines day would be as good as any for a Kiss update.

Now some quick Kisstory....after the the initial release of the first Kiss album a promotional gimmick was quickly thought of and Kiss sponsored or appeared at several Kissing contests. Kiss also recorded the song Kissing Time and it was added to later pressings of the first Kiss album.

So...while we are waiting for Kiss code to drop I thought I would ask folks to share their rarest or coolest Kiss collectible.... or perhaps music related collectible...show us what ya got!

So...a piece I will share as it relates to the Kisstory lesson above.....it's not mine but I know the guy that owns it and is the rarest piece I have seen I believe. It's the acetate single of Kissing Time signed by Ace, Gene, Peter, and Paul.

image (resized).jpeg

#2484 3 years ago

The John's Arcade tour of Stern video was more than "Stay tuned."

"The team's working on a big code update for KISS. I know the community's been wanting that." - Jody

#2485 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The John's Arcade tour of Stern video was more than "Stay tuned."
"The team's working on a big code update for KISS. I know the community's been wanting that." - Jody

How long ago was that tour?

#2486 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How long ago was that tour?

Week of Nov 20th, '16.

#2487 3 years ago
Quoted from Rhlufa:

Best way I've used is a magnet on a stick to pull out one of the balls. No easier way that I know of.

#2488 3 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

No code release yet. Rumors abound that it is coming but we're losing hope.
Overall, I'm VERY happy with KISS code but it could be better.

I am a huge KISS fan, but the game sucks as it is. Let's be honest. It's boring as hell.

I will never buy another Stern until they clear this sh$t up. This is pathetic.

#2489 3 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Sorry for asking such a dumbass question BUT:
Just unboxed my Kiss LE. Everything is fine...but I can hardly hear the songs...if I raise the volume the effects and all get louder and louder...the music itself still stays too low ! Just found something in the adjustments called "background music"...did not help at all.
Anybody willing to help me out with a hint or two?
Lars

Go into the settings and change the music and speech attenuation in Adjustments->KISS adjustment 53 and 54. Note that these are counter-intuitive. A bigger number makes it softer and a smaller number makes it louder. Also under regular adjustments there's one for music volume. I have mine set to 1 there.

Oh, and FIRST THING, go to Kimball's Pinballs and get his Lovegun lighting mod. One of the best pin mods made. REALLY makes the beginning of lovegun with the levitating ball on KISS Premium/LE POP and it's dead simple to install.

http://www.kimballspinballs.com/kiss/

Very fun game - enjoy it!

#2490 3 years ago

They have said numerous times in numerous places that one is coming.

#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I am a huge KISS fan, but the game sucks as it is. Let's be honest. It's boring as hell.

The game could use polish and has a ton of untapped potential, but it doesn't suck, and it's definitely not boring.

There are 4 multiballs combined with a mix of easy and challenging shots. My biggest complaint is the lack of modes and lackluster song completion.

I still love the game... it's a keeper. But it does need some code love.

#2492 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Ok, honestly, you just need another pin or two in your collection. KISS Prem/LE is fine for mindless fun, and it's really not that easy to get to the (unfinished) Rock City wizard mode. Do I want the bugs fixed, wizard mode tightened up, and some more content? Yes. Will I stop playing it? No. In fact, the KISS Premium I help maintain on route is one of the top earners, consistently. People in general like it. The real world is not pinside.

#2493 3 years ago

Thanks vireland!!!!

#2494 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Disagree. I have a pro, I set it up mean, it's a challenge to play it and set a high score.

Quoted from Pickle:

So...while we are waiting for Kiss code to drop I thought I would ask folks to share their rarest or coolest Kiss collectible

I don't have many collectables (aside from 100 pinball machines I don't have many possessions at all TBH..) ... but I have a mint "as new" program from the huge 1980 KISS concert at Western Springs in Auckland, NZ that I got from a guy who was there.

rd

#2495 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Dude, if you think the game "sucks and is boring as hell" no code update will change that. Sell it and move on. I think it's a pretty solid title. Needs a few bugs taken care of, of course, but nothing is really missing and they surely aren't going to completely reinvent the game with the final update.

#2496 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The game could use polish and has a ton of untapped potential, but it doesn't suck, and it's definitely not boring.
There are 4 multiballs combined with a mix of easy and challenging shots. My biggest complaint is the lack of modes and lackluster song completion.
I still love the game... it's a keeper. But it does need some code love.

If it wasn't KISS, I would have sold it by now. I am hoping for a TWD or MET like code update that makes it rock.

#2497 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

If it wasn't KISS, I would have sold it by now. I am hoping for a TWD or MET like code update that makes it rock.

I get it, and I think that what's so frustrating. It's good, but it could be great. Combined with Stern's radio silence, there are a lot of rightfully frustrated owners.

#2498 3 years ago

Custom made Ibanez Iceman guitar.

guitar02-20170212-204452552 (resized).jpg

#2499 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Custom made Ibanez Iceman guitar.

Very cool! What model was it before the glass? I have one made out of a PS10-2

#2500 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Very cool! What model was it before the glass? I have one made out of a PS10-2

Thanks! IC300. It's currently getting some paint and new frets.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 4247 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside