F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 85.
#3901 5 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Make sure you get protected when you buy your LE/PREM and don't let this happen to your machine.

It took me 10 minutes to figure out where that plastic piece came from when it broke off and was stuck in the out hole. Don't let your balls get launched in the glass.

#3902 5 years ago

Yup - great mod and you can make it more factory by doing this.

IMG_3317 (resized).jpgIMG_3317 (resized).jpg
#3903 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yup - great mod and you can make it more factory by doing this.

you can't even see the name unless your head is over the top, looks good dude.

#3904 5 years ago
Quoted from fliperz:

you can't even see the name unless your head is over the top, looks good dude.

I just took red electrical tape and cut a piece to cover it. You cant tell it's even on it.
Magicchiz

#3905 5 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Make sure you get protected when you buy your LE/PREM and don't let this happen to your machine.

I really wanted to give KISS another go, but after playing a premium with the latest code I had to pass. It's an ok game, but nothing special to me. I don't find the shots especially fun and the scoop rejects are frustrating.

Rob

#3906 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I really wanted to give KISS another go, but after playing a premium with the latest code I had to pass. It's an ok game, but nothing special to me. I don't find the shots especially fun and the scoop rejects are frustrating.
Rob

Hitting the scoop is 100% luck. Kind of have to get it to lightly roll in.

#3907 5 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Hitting the scoop is 100% luck. Kind of have to get it to lightly roll in.

Nope. Get good at backhanding the scoop from the left flipper. Almost 100% that way in my experience. A right flipper hit is a crapshoot. I almost never try it.

#3908 5 years ago

Try it with super bands on.........pffffffffft!

#3909 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nope. Get good at backhanding the scoop from the left flipper. Almost 100% that way in my experience. A right flipper hit is a crapshoot. I almost never try it.

Hell yes.

#3910 5 years ago

The scoop shot is easy from the left flipper and requires no luck. Is there a cliffy getting in the way?

It’s also hittable from the right flipper. I do it all the time... usually by accident.

#3911 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

The scoop shot is easy from the left flipper and requires no luck. Is there a cliffy getting in the way?
It’s also hittable from the right flipper. I do it all the time... usually by accident.

I had a cliffy, then tried a mantis protector. The shot is so much harder with protectors.

So, on this game, gotta go with no protection apart from a bit of mylar as it's too frustrating otherwise.

#3912 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I had a cliffy, then tried a mantis protector. The shot is so much harder with protectors.
So, on this game, gotta go with no protection apart from a bit of mylar as it's too frustrating otherwise.

For KISS, the conclusion I came to as well. That shot is just designed way too tight.

#3913 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For KISS, the conclusion I came to as well. That shot is just designed way too tight.

The original cliffy made the shot even worse, but the newer cliffy looks better with the beveled edges.

Rob

#3914 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The original cliffy made the shot even worse, but the newer cliffy looks better with the beveled edges.
Rob

The newer cliffy IS better, but for that one scoop, I recommend just mylar. Adding ANY protector makes it even less reliable than it already is.

#3915 5 years ago

It's funny that everyone has mentioned the Cliffy on the scoop inhibiting the shot because when I first unboxed my KISS, I felt like I was hitting the scoop several times per game without even trying. After I put the Cliffy in place, I seem to have alot of trouble even when I'm trying for that shot. Sounds like the Cliffy needs removing. I am not a super heavy player so I assume it should be ok to remove without risking any long term damage.

#3916 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

It's funny that everyone has mentioned the Cliffy on the scoop inhibiting the shot because when I first unboxed my KISS, I felt like I was hitting the scoop several times per game without even trying. After I put the Cliffy in place, I seem to have alot of trouble even when I'm trying for that shot. Sounds like the Cliffy needs removing. I am not a super heavy player so I assume it should be ok to remove without risking any long term damage.

Don't leave it naked. Use some mylar. But yeah, on that hole, no cliffy.

#3917 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't leave it naked. Use some mylar. But yeah, on that hole, no cliffy.

Is there any website that sells precut mylar so it's a bit more professional looking?

#3918 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Is there any website that sells precut mylar so it's a bit more professional looking?

No idea. I just have a giant sheet of mylar I cut my own from. You can make a paper template, then use that to cut from mylar. Once it's stuck, you can't even see it, so it doesn't have to be perfect. Just know that there's a rectangular piece of cling vinyl leading to the front of the scoop hole, so you have to mylar around that or move it.

#3919 5 years ago

Hate to break it to you fellow Kiss suckers, but there aint no update coming. They dont give a shit about a game you can still buy an LE NIB.

#3920 5 years ago

Even with no update, i really enjoy playing it still.. so who's the sucker now?

#3921 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Hate to break it to you fellow Kiss suckers, but there aint no update coming. They dont give a shit about a game you can still buy an LE NIB.

Haha! Tricky. I see what you did with that double negative. Update confirmed!

#3922 5 years ago

It will happen

#3923 5 years ago

They have been promising an update for months so no way is it not going to happen.

The question should be, 'will the update be any good'? Would be super disappointing if just a few bug fixes....

#3924 5 years ago

Wasn't the KISS code promised "mid-summer"? Summer is only 5 days old, so hopefully we see something soon.

#3925 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Wasn't the KISS code promised "mid-summer"? Summer is only 5 days old, so hopefully we see something soon.

Yep. Kiss Update: Summer

33D781DB-7F2D-4021-8FD0-9D41B7A60498 (resized).jpeg33D781DB-7F2D-4021-8FD0-9D41B7A60498 (resized).jpeg
#3926 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Even with no update, i really enjoy playing it still.. so who's the sucker now?

Now that maiden is here, Kiss doesnt even get turned on.

#3927 5 years ago

Now that maiden is here, Kiss doesnt even get turned on.

soooo...you're boohooing why about no update?

#3928 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

soooo...you're boohooing why about no update?

Hoping maybe some day an update can make this game worth playing.

#3929 5 years ago

LOL.....it's a great pin and the code is pretty solid as is...you're cracking me up. Maybe it's just time to sell yours if it's not fun anymore..... versus coming into this thread...just to piss on it.

#3930 5 years ago

So, you have been to Rock City?

And guessing with the 10x bonus so you can totally blow the game up.....

And no, I haven't!

#3931 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

LOL.....it's a great pin and the code is pretty solid as is...you're cracking me up. Maybe it's just time to sell yours if it's not fun anymore..... versus coming into this thread...just to piss on it.

My boss is a nerd kiss fan.

I dont agree. The game is super boring. The shots are cool, but the modes are generic as hell. Could slap any band on this pin and the modes would stay the same.

Sorry?

#3932 5 years ago

the game is very good- It's a players machine, tough shots, tough rules. my issue is that i'm disappointed knowing what the game could be with better code. If you want to make the game instantly more fun try changing playfield multipliers to lite after each song (instead of two songs). Unfortunately the lack of promised updates since the game was released killed its reputation. My LE is part of my permanent collection so i'm hoping it get some code love soon.

#3933 5 years ago

I dont agree. The game is super boring. The shots are cool, but the modes are generic as hell. Could slap any band on this pin and the modes would stay the same.

They already did. It's called Aerosmith.

#3934 5 years ago

My boss is a nerd kiss fan.
Sorry?

I know. It's crazy. I mean, who does that?!

maiden (resized).jpgmaiden (resized).jpg
#3935 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I know. It's crazy. I mean, who does that?!

The full-featured version.

1 week later
#3936 5 years ago

It's getting closer and hopefully after waiting so long, the update will be sweet.

'Aerosmith updates are deep in development and still slated for a mid-Summer release. KISS will follow Aerosmith’s updates, followed by Ghostbusters.'

AS and KISS have same base code so hopefully if AS has new Champion awards, then KISS should get them as well.

#3937 5 years ago

I'm hoping for a good code update for Kiss also!

#3938 5 years ago

Just picked up a KISS Pro today. Looking forward to the new code update.

#3939 5 years ago

got one 2 weeks ago, tick tick tick tick

#3940 5 years ago

just updated to the 1.30 code, guy that had machine still had shipped code in it. wow was that a turd of a game. can't believe stern would release a game like that out to the public. its like buying a car with no engine. this game has lots of potential to be a great pin if stern would just support their customers and give us what we want...………...a completed game. no way in hell I would buy a nib stern nowadays. ridiculous!

#3941 5 years ago

Stern has come a long way with more frequent code updates and recent hires, really impressed with what direction they are going with code. I'm really optimistic they are going to get this final update on Kiss to make this game feel complete!

#3942 5 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Stern has come a long way with more frequent code updates and recent hires, really impressed with what direction they are going with code. I'm really optimistic they are going to get this final update on Kiss to make this game feel complete!

I'm excited to see what will be in this "final" update.

#3943 5 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I'm excited to see what will be in this "final" update.

HOF was a very nice touch for me, I hope that they add something with "Psycho Circus" and "God Of Thunder”

#3944 5 years ago

We are in mid summer, and waiting for Aerosmith code so I can wait on the Kiss code.

#3945 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

We are in mid summer, and waiting for Aerosmith code so I can wait on the Kiss code.

Codes coming as per our post ...
Stay tuned !

#3946 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Codes coming as per our post ...
Stay tuned !

Will iit be before or after Deadpool comes out?

#3947 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Will iit be before or after Deadpool comes out?

Autumn (northern hemisphere) begins on Saturday September 22nd. The clock is ticking!

#3948 5 years ago

Got to think AS update will be before next Stern Union letter. That's beginning of August.

And then KISS maybe September?

#3949 5 years ago

Pinburgh code drop like they did a few years ago? Keeping hope alive for both AS and Kiss. I have both of the games setup next to my Iron Maiden and they seem so shallow in comparison.

#3950 5 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Pinburgh code drop like they did a few years ago? Keeping hope alive for both AS and Kiss. I have both of the games setup next to my Iron Maiden and they seem so shallow in comparison.

If we are lucky enough to get AS/KISS updates, the pins "depth" is highly unlikely to change at all.

snaroff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.