F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 85.
#2251 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have a Batman LE arriving soon. I can live with .6 code for now, because it's Lyman.
What games is Lonnie currently working on?
Dwight had solid code on the releases of Game of Thrones and Ghostbusters.

Lonnie is rumored to be doing Aerosmith.

#2252 7 years ago

Lonnie is watching how to code videos...

#2253 7 years ago

At 7:22 -- "The team's working on a big code update for KISS".

#2254 7 years ago

Yes that's been posted numerous times. Until it's released, who cares?

#2255 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

This reads harsh but I avoid games Lonnie is lead programmer on.

#2256 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

This reads harsh but I avoid games Lonnie is lead programmer on.

That's not harsh. Its sane, practical and based on evidence.

#2257 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Whos this lonny person everyones talking about? A name like that sounds like a gang member or mobster ? If people keep talking about him on here you must know the facts and know him personally? ?

#2258 7 years ago

2017 - Where's the Kiss code!

#2259 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Whos this lonny person everyones talking about? A name like that sounds like a gang member or mobster ? If people keep talking about him on here you must know the facts and know him personally? ?

1 of 3 lead programmers at Stern.

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/lonnie-d-ropp

#2260 7 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

2017 - Where's the Kiss code

Can't wait, this is such a great game!

#2261 7 years ago

Valentines Day Kiss Code??????

#2262 7 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

Valentines Day Kiss Code??????

Hugs and KISSes for sure

#2263 7 years ago

Who believe's it'll be before May? Otherwise less than a year since the last code drop.

#2264 7 years ago

STERN facebook page header has gone black again.......

#2265 7 years ago

It seems like they only care about coding new releases enough to get them playable.

Once they've got sales coming in for a title with unfinished code, it's on to the next game, put in minimal amount of code to make it function, get some new sales and forget about the rest.

#2266 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

STERN facebook page header has gone black again.......

Not black. I'm sure there's a hidden message, like last time...

#2267 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not black. I'm sure there's a hidden message, like last time...

Show me. ..looks black as an (Edited Content) to me however you look at it...

#2268 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Show me. ..looks black as an (edited content) to me however you look at it...

Okay, I just copied it and checked it in photoshop - nothing. Maybe you need to put it in a hex editor to see the message this time. Not interested enough to bother.

#2269 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, I just copied it and checked it in photoshop - nothing. Maybe you need to put it in a hex editor to see the message this time. Not interested enough to bother.

Cool thanks for looking anyway

#2270 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Show me. ..looks black as an afro or abbo to me however you look at it...

From FB page:

This time, it says:
"вы ищете здесь
становится
предсказуемым"

Which, roughly translated, says:
"you are looking for here
It is becoming
predictable"

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2271 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It seems like they only care about coding new releases enough to get them playable.
Once they've got sales coming in for a title with unfinished code, it's on to the next game, put in minimal amount of code to make it function, get some new sales and forget about the rest.

batman 66 sle came with .6 beta code, a 15000.00 pin!!! tells you how much they really care. Gomez has promised a code release every 2 weeks until bm66 is done. i will believe it when i see it!

kiss will probably have one more update but i don't see it anytime soon.

#2272 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

You ask a lot of questions. Not sure if your last sentence was a question, a comment, or both? ?

#2273 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

You ask a lot of questions. Not sure if your last sentence was a question, a comment, or both? ?

[comment removed by moderator]
You an English teacher .....
Simple question but i guess it depends on what country your from aye

#2274 7 years ago

I just found it. It's called Aerosmith.

#2275 7 years ago

Sorry guys, but Aerosmith just killed Kiss!

#2277 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I wouldn't gloat too much. It's all sunshine and roses until the game ships and the updates don't come. For all we know Aerosmith could get worse support than KISS.

#2278 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

It did? Kiss code will most likely be polished if not finished soon, go ahead and wait the 2 years for Aerosmith code to evolve!!

If you're moving Kiss right now for Aerosmith, you're just putting yourself at the mercy of Stern Code development once again and will be at the back of the line!! According to Stern, Kiss will have a major update soon.

I have a Kiss LE, and I won't be getting rid of it for anything... have plenty of games to play and will wait it out. The code WILL come and it has serious potential to be awesome, the flow and shots on this game are great IMO unlike other games out there.

#2279 7 years ago

#wherestheaerosmithcode?

#2280 7 years ago

Aerosmith is KISS. Same sounds, looks like same rules. Layout is practically identical.

#2281 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Aerosmith is KISS. Same sounds, looks like same rules. Layout is practically identical.

So AS is the Kiss code update we are waiting for? LOL

(and I own a KISS LE)

#2282 7 years ago

more like aerokiss with .59 beta code.

#2283 7 years ago

Why would you think Aerosmith is running .59 beta code when it was done last summer?

Quoted from robotron:

more like aerokiss with .59 beta code.

#2284 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Yep. Wasn't much design work done on the shots for Aerosmith, for sure. Took a KISS and essentially did a slightly more robust Shrek on it.

#2285 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why would you think Aerosmith is running .59 beta code when it was done last summer?

a 15000 bm sle with beta, will have to wait and see, don't be surprised.

#2286 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yep. Wasn't much design work done on the shots for Aerosmith, for sure. Took a KISS and essentially did a slightly more robust Shrek on it.

I can't get over that it has the exact same modes, with pretty much the exact same shots, with the exact same sounds.

Some like to say that Star Trek and Spider-Man are similar. I can't think of 1 shared sound or mode.

#2287 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I can't get over that it has the exact same modes, with pretty much the exact same shots, with the exact same sounds.
Some like to say that Star Trek and Spider-Man are similar. I can't think of 1 shared sound or mode.

Not EXACT same sounds...they did pitch shift them up.

#2288 7 years ago

I would hope that since Lonnie has his latest game shown and seems like the wheels are staying on that he would be able to get the update to KISS done and make many people happy.

#2289 7 years ago

I can't believe how similar it is. It's like they took out the star child area and put the jester lock in there and then added a mini playfield up the love gun ramp. It's crazy. It's like the same freak'n game.

#2290 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I can't believe how similar it is. It's like they took out the star child area and put the jester lock in there and then added a mini playfield up the love gun ramp. It's crazy. It's like the same freak'n game.

Don't forget, the Gene head now shoots the ball at the jester box instead of straight down the middle.

#2291 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well, there IS one less pop bumper.

#2292 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

#wherestheaerosmithcode?

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Quoted from Deez:

Maybe and this is not how it should work, but maybe Lonnie is going to kill two games with one code update, Aerosmith seems to have almost identical rules and a lot of shared sound effects, the rumour is Aerosmith will have fully completed code, is Lonnie ripping Kiss code to make Aerosmith code and then going to throw the polish and finish from Aerosmith back at Kiss with the necessary changes required for Kiss?

It sure as shit is not how Kiss should get completed, but if it gets every Kiss owner more polish and implements the cities even if it is a copy of Aerosmith (whatever cities will be on Aero) then its definitely better than leaving owners without anything. Kiss should have been finished on its own merits but if lazy Lonnie finishes it off the back of Aero then I guess its good they end up being similar, I just hope either way Kiss gets the polish it deserves and soon.

#2293 7 years ago

Kiss vs AS Layout 1 - 2 (resized).JPGKiss vs AS Layout 1 - 2 (resized).JPG
Kiss vs AS Layout 2 - 2 (resized).JPGKiss vs AS Layout 2 - 2 (resized).JPG
Kiss vs AS Layout 3 - 2 (resized).JPGKiss vs AS Layout 3 - 2 (resized).JPG

#2294 7 years ago

If you squint real hard you can almost see the changes there is at least 4 to 6mm difference between shots

#2295 7 years ago

Wonder if the upper playfield will share rules with the star child area?

I mean it's like they transposed star child and raised it up and replaced Gene with the jester lock thing.

#2296 7 years ago

I think it will play totally different from KISS even with the same layout.

#2297 7 years ago

I would say its more similar IJ4. Get rid of map room. Move ark over to left and add center KISS ramp. Remove sankara stone captive ball/ scoop for targets. Grail scoop is Dude scoops. Stand up targets spelling Aerosmith like Indy Jones but will probably play like spelling multiball on WOF.. l can see the KISS comp but it resembles IJ4 too.

#2298 7 years ago

Not defending Aerosmith or Kiss, but that comparison can be done with the same results in almost any pinball with a fan layout.

#2299 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Not defending Aerosmith or Kiss, but that comparison can be done with the same results in almost any pinball with a fan layout.

Exactly. Put it on any Ritchie game like No Fear ... exactly the same.

rd

#2300 7 years ago

Wow. Just another form of cost cutting and way to increase profits. Same thing can be said about taking some sounds from KISS.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 49.99
17,225 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.