Topic Stats

• 4,247 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 284 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200215_141215 (resized).jpg
IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

There are 4247 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 85.
#1851 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think Stern will make the code better. The last update was a big improvement but the game still needs some polish.

Not to mention lots of bugs to fix.

#1852 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Not to mention lots of bugs to fix.

Yep. They still need to fix some bugs on Star Trek as well

1 week later
#1853 3 years ago

At least Stern confirmed on their FB page officially that a KISS code update is coming. There is hope!

#1854 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

At least Stern confirmed on their FB page officially that a KISS code update is coming. There is hope!

I guess. Better than nothing.

#1855 3 years ago

I think they removed that post.

#1856 3 years ago

they are too busy with new pins to do anything with kiss right now. stern DGAF!

#1857 3 years ago

Normally I am in no rush for new code, but for Kiss, I am waiting. I love the game now, so any big code update will really make it better

#1858 3 years ago

They are too busy collecting their 15K on SLE's and laughing at peoples videos begging to be considered to pay them money. WOW its boiled down to begging a pin company to take 15K from them

#1859 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I think they removed that post.

Weird. Dunno why they'd do that. It was THEIR reply.

#1860 3 years ago

Sure wouldnt mind seeing some Metallica update too!

#1861 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sure wouldnt mind seeing some Metallica update too!

Another one after just getting one out of the blue? Let's not be greedy!

#1862 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Weird. Dunno why they'd do that. It was THEIR reply.

LOL Now Stern is deleting their own posts!!

#1863 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

LOL Now Stern is deleting their own posts!!

It is a shame they don't have more frequent code updates. It is not good for business at all.

#1864 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

It is a shame they don't have more frequent code updates. It is not good for business at all.

What's sad is that at this point, it doesn't seem to be hurting their business at all. Until people stop buying games before the code is complete, Stern will not change one bit on the code front.

#1865 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What's sad is that at this point, it doesn't seem to be hurting their business at all. Until people stop buying games before the code is complete, Stern will not change one bit on the code front.

I think it does hurt their business. They seem to keep relying on new people coming into the market while alienating the old guard. It's going to be interesting. I just don't see the model as being sustainable. I'm always on the verge of buying a NIB Stern and then they do something that makes me put my money right back into my pocket every single time. I end up getting all my newer Stern games on the secondary market because I can never pull the trigger on so much risk for such a high cost.

Another thing that was allowing the prices to be driven higher was the healthy secondary market from buyers like me, but this Kiss fiasco has really got me wary and I'm sure others. The new games being perceived as maintaining their values I believe has allowed the initial sales price to be driven higher since at any time you know you can get 80% of your money back even on a quick sale. I don't see this as being the future as the company just abandons code over and over.

Stern needs to really commit to producing decent code so the games maintain a high value in the secondary market thus driving NIB sales.

#1866 3 years ago

I don't expect any code soon anymore

I still have the LE (for now).

#1867 3 years ago

Today is probably the day!

#1868 3 years ago

Hey dirk is your KISS in your personal lineup or on route? If its on route just curious how it's doing?

#1869 3 years ago

Hey dirk is your KISS in your personal lineup or on route? If its on route just curious how it's doing?

poorly!

Players are obviously tired of the half baked code.

#1871 3 years ago

It's in my basement.

#1872 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

poorly!
Players are obviously tired of the half baked code.

One of the guys who has it on route says it's one of his top earners, still. He was posting numbers in one of the KISS threads, they were nothing to sneeze at.

#1873 3 years ago

Casual players will never notice the incomplete code. Collectors and anybody who has it in their house and plays repeatedly are the most affected.

#1874 3 years ago

I just pulled my Kiss pro off route as well and it's in my basement. Time to put it back in the box and sell it before someone plays it.

#1875 3 years ago

havent played mine in a month. needs code stat!
really really poor work stern!

#1876 3 years ago

I blew a node board on my got, glad to say the kissLE next to it got stripped of one, wasnt getting my attention anyway.

Such a shame as its so smooth , and is the best looker of the bunch

#1877 3 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Such a shame as its so smooth , and is the best looker of the bunch

Sound is no slouch, either. Much better sound quality than Metallica.

#1878 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

One of the guys who has it on route says it's one of his top earners, still. He was posting numbers in one of the KISS threads, they were nothing to sneeze at.

It's still my best earning Stern on route...although GB may overtake it at some point.

-Mark

#1879 3 years ago

Understandable, Its a great game to play competitive or occasionally, just needs a bit more for the home.

#1880 3 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

It's still my best earning Stern on route...although GB may overtake it at some point.
-Mark

interesting. Our lowest earning Stern of all the ones we have on route.

#1881 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pro or Premium?

#1882 3 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

-Mark

Pro or Premium?

#1883 3 years ago

pro for us.

#1884 3 years ago

Seems like the Premium KISS are the earners on location, and I can see why. Without the "flash" of things like the levitating ball, and ball spitting Gene on the LE/Premium, the Pro would be a pretty boring table for a casual player. If I remember right, the guy that posted about KISS Premium being his top earner had a huge amount of location plays on it already. Paid for it completely already.

#1885 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Seems like the Premium KISS are the earners on location, and I can see why. Without the "flash" of things like the levitating ball, and ball spitting Gene on the LE/Premium, the Pro would be a pretty boring table for a casual player. If I remember right, the guy that posted about KISS Premium being his top earner had a huge amount of location plays on it already. Paid for it completely already.

actually the ball does spit out on the pro, just no physical lock mech under him. There is actually VERY few differences in the pro v prem for Kiss. Some games there are, but kiss is not one of them and the levitation ball trick is pretty meh after the first time you see it.

#1886 3 years ago

KISS was one of those Stern games where it seemed hard to justify the boost for a premium/le over a pro. Despite not liking the band I sort of like the game. Hope they finish the code soon.

#1887 3 years ago

Kiss could have been one of Sterns top sellers if they hadn't abandoned the code.

#1888 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

actually the ball does spit out on the pro, just no physical lock mech under him. There is actually VERY few differences in the pro v prem for Kiss. Some games there are, but kiss is not one of them and the levitation ball trick is pretty meh after the first time you see it.

But the RGB lighting mode changes the pro doesn't have are impressive. Big difference for a casual player when the whole playfield turns red in demon multiball, or pinkish in lovegun mode, etc. There's clearly some difference to the casual player since KISS Pros seem to do meh on location and Premiums do very well.

#1889 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Kiss could have been one of Sterns top sellers if they hadn't abandoned the code.

On their facebook page, Stern themselves said another update is coming. That was only about 3 weeks ago.

#1890 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

KISS was one of those Stern games where it seemed hard to justify the boost for a premium/le over a pro. Despite not liking the band I sort of like the game. Hope they finish the code soon.

In general I think the LEs are a ripoff, but I went for an LE because the cabinet is WAY better than the Pro/Premium with that metallic finish, the mirrored backglass is very nice, the RGB lighting effects in the inserts and GI can't be underestimated, and the ball levitation is cool. The only LE I've ever bought, but with the depressed KISS market, I paid less than the going rate for a Premium.

#1891 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

On their facebook page, Stern themselves said another update is coming. That was only about 3 weeks ago.

Yeah but thats what they said about the last update more than a few months before. If they would have kept small updates frequent and adding game features, Kiss would have not lost value, but with the feel of abandonment people dumped them. I also liked the look of the LE more than the pro so decided to go that way as well, and a PREM is worth the light show IMO.

#1892 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Yeah but thats what they said about the last update more than a few months before. If they would have kept small updates frequent and adding game features, Kiss would have not lost value, but with the feel of abandonment people dumped them. I also liked the look of the LE more than the pro so decided to go that way as well, and a PREM is worth the light show IMO.

Not being happy with the pace of updates and the code being abandoned are two completely different things. The code is clearly not abandoned because they've said another update is coming. WHEN it comes isn't known, but it is coming, according to Stern. So not abandoned.

#1893 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

But the RGB lighting mode changes the pro doesn't have are impressive. Big difference for a casual player when the whole playfield turns red in demon multiball, or pinkish in lovegun mode, etc. There's clearly some difference to the casual player since KISS Pros seem to do meh on location and Premiums do very well.

Actually you are wrong and the coin box does not lie. Light show makes little difference in KISS and definately not even close to the premium uptick cost being remade.

I think it is a bit silly that you are trying to tell someone that runs 25 games on route what does and does not work and why a game does not earn. Pretty funny that you are trying to make the claim, we just should have bought the premium... lol. Kiss is a dud currently and BADLY needs the new code to drop. I still personally think it is super fun to shoot but the code is so lack luster that players are not playing it like they did at the start. Code is to blame.

After 3 years and every new Stern in that time I have a bit of data to tell when a game is a dud.

I can give you the example of TWD.
Started out great for a few month and then dropped hard (everyone plays the new game and the drop rate and amount is telling of the F U N factor) A game dropping hard is just not considered fun to play so they would rather play the game next to it or more likely the classics. Then TWD had lyman polish the code and the game slowly grew back in the favor of players. With the great code it now has, it is consistently played. It actually sits right next to Kiss and probably does 2x the coin drop, despite the bar being a perfect place for the kiss theme.

Code matters to those with games on route! Kiss code really needs and update!

#1894 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

The KISS pro on location near me is only bested by GOT pro. Does very well.

#1895 3 years ago

Given the state of KISS, lack of updates on GB, foot draggin legal nonsense on Aliens, and just teasing of Bats'66.. Can we clearly say this is the longest dry spell of any updates or Pinball news in the past five years?

Zzz Im going back to video games nothing to see here anymore

#1896 3 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Given the state of KISS, lack of updates on GB, foot draggin legal nonsense on Aliens, and just teasing of Bats'66.. Can we clearly say this is the longest dry spell of any updates or Pinball news in the past five years?
Zzz Im going back to video games nothing to see here anymore

What about that Houdini nonsense? That thread is probably the hot steaming pile of pinball news you're looking for.

#1897 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Pro or Premium?

Always Pro. Well, with the exception of X-MEN... I wanted a kick-ass new machine to start off the business a few years ago, in addition to the older pins I already had.

Premiums/LE's cost too much, especially these days, and sometimes the extras on them can cause more headaches on location when they have issues. The Gene head on KISS Premium/LE is a good example of this.

It already takes long enough to "break even" on a Pro...why add $1500-$2500 more to it? Casual players will not pay more to play it, and very few have any clue there is another version of it.

-Mark

#1898 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I had to wait until mid-August of last year for the second run of KISS Pro, since the first one in June sold out quickly.

It was on location for 10 months in the same spot, and consistently earned well, with a few spikes, and not really any drop off, which really surprised me. I would have liked to have kept it there for a few more months, as it would have paid for itself! However, GB arrived, and it had to leave.

My basis of it being my best earning pin, is after its initial 9-12 months from NIB. Nothing else I have has earned that much, that quickly. Other pins (Star Trek, The Walking Dead) have comparable numbers, but that is after about 18 months, not 12.

Behind those, but still earned okay:
X-MEN LE
Metallica
The Avengers

For what it's worth, an operator in the Bay Area I know has also had similar findings as I did for KISS Pro.

-Mark

#1899 3 years ago

wish some of your players would come up here

#1900 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

That's good news, I didn't read that but I agree with the majority that Kiss needs this new update quickly. My favorite Stern and I love the game but extra balls need to be addressed, I've played over 100 games and only have gotten 1 extra ball. The cities and progress saved from one multiball to the next I hope get addressed. What I mean is if you collect 5 jackpots on lovegun next time you get to that multiball you get credit for those 5 and have less progress needed to collect the Star on the grid for super jackpot. I can't wait for the next update, Rock and Roll all night and party everyday.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Frankfort, IL
There are 4247 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside