F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 85.
#3551 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Lack of utmost respect?

A total lack of utmost disrespect.

#3552 6 years ago

The last few weeks have been really interesting.

Stern's talk at Expo seemed full of complacency.

At the same time the amount of people who have bought DI as opposed to a new Stern seems to be growing by the day.

Feels like the tide is turning.

Shame really.

I prefer the gameplay on the newer Sterns to anything else but if games aren't coded to full potential or are just flat out not finished, I just can't support Stern any longer.

In such a competitive marketplace code becomes more important than ever.

The final update on KISS will show me if Stern are making changes behind the scenes. I hope they are.

#3553 6 years ago

So how long are you or others willing to wait for a final update if there is even gonna be one?

Stern has really been full of "empty promises" regarding code updates. The last Kiss update was OK but definitely did not fix known bugs and complete the game.

If Stern is serious about turning code around they need to focus on one game at a time. Pick a game and give dedicated time to fix it in 1-2 months....then the next game and so forth. Rather than work on all games at once a little at a time. It's really simple when you break it down that way and can be done. The list of games that could use code updates is getting quite long.

Will see if Stern can turn this around but until they do it's all talk and more of the same "Stay Tuned" BS.

#3554 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

So how long are you or others willing to wait for a final update if there is even gonna be one?
Stern has really been full of "empty promises" regarding code updates. The last Kiss update was OK but definitely did not fix known bugs and complete the game.
If Stern is serious about turning code around they need to focus on one game at a time. Pick a game and give dedicated time to fix it in 1-2 months....then the next game and so forth. Rather than work on all games at once a little at a time. It's really simple when you break it down that way and can be done. The list of games that could use code updates is getting quite long.
Will see if Stern can turn this around but until they do it's all talk and more of the same "Stay Tuned" BS.

I think a big part of polishing/fixing code is to see how players are playing the game and some time to step away from a project. if not you get code like AS that is just a check box code. skill shot - check, multiball - check, modes check. I am not defending their lack of code but sometimes things just take time. 9 women cant birth a kid in a month.

They need more people and a better strategy to coding games.

#3555 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

So how long are you or others willing to wait for a final update if there is even gonna be one

I had been thinking of selling my Kiss Pro, but the latest code update awakened in me the reason why I enjoy the game so much. Do I consider this the best game out there? No. But compared to my Metallica Pro LED, it shoots better and general just feels like a much better built machine. The latest code drop wasn't much, but the game progression is far more linear now. I regularly have games where I reach HOF and Kiss Army multiball. Having the lit instruments carry over ball to ball is such a subtle change but really has an impact on my enjoyment. No longer am I just trying to play Demon and Love Gun over and over to get high scores.

The current code is sufficient with it's game-play. Plenty of different strategies can be used to blow it up. But I do look forward to some of the bugs being cleaned up.

But I won't consider it 'waiting'... I'll be flippin'

#3556 6 years ago

Anyone have a list of how they've set the game up after the latest code install? Looking for fun factor. Not stupid easy but fun. Thanks

#3557 6 years ago

I think the same tweaks that have been discussed. Carry over the instruments, set power=all, 4 instruments to SpaceMan, etc. I haven't really noticed a lot of difference after the last code update. Perhaps a couple annoying bugs are gone.

#3558 6 years ago

I am looking at a KISS LE . The current owner said that v1.28 was installed and that he did not update to 1.3 because he read that the bugs were worse than in 1.3 . I have no clue . What is the best code for KISS LE ??? I read 1.3 and it seems as if that is the better code . But as in STERN SW latest code .92 that messed up the SWLE I want to check in with KISS LE owners . Thanks

#3559 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I am looking at a KISS LE . The current owner said that v1.28 was installed and that he did not update to 1.3 because he read that the bugs were worse than in 1.3 . I have no clue . What is the best code for KISS LE ??? I read 1.3 and it seems as if that is the better code . But as in STERN SW latest code .92 that messed up the SWLE I want to check in with KISS LE owners . Thanks

I haven't noted any problems with 1.3 that weren't there before. 1.3 is a small improvement over 1.28. No idea what the current owner is talking about.

There are two threads with bugs listed, one for 1.30:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-130-bugs-and-wishlist

and the older one for 1.28:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-code-128-bugs-and-wishlist-for-final-update

You can check those out to compare what was fixed. I think they only addressed something like 6 of the known bugs in 1.28 when they made 1.30. No new bugs I know of were reported as a result of 1.30.

#3560 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I have in my L.E. now the 1.30, It was installed a month after was released and no problem at all, before I had the 1.28 since March and no problem either. You can keep the 1.28 for a while, I’m going to do that with my Batman66 L.E. probably.....wait a few days before a Death Star explodes inside my Pin.

Regards

#3561 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I have had no issues and own a LE

#3562 6 years ago

No issues ,le

#3563 6 years ago

No issues here with 1.30. LE

#3564 6 years ago

No kissues, besides the factory ones

#3565 6 years ago

Stay tuned !

#3567 6 years ago

Mine is good. No bugs that I can see (only had about a week). Sometimes the Demon lock gets "confused" and spits out a ball during play. Not during a ball search or anything.

Anyone else have this occasional issue?

#3568 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Mine is good. No bugs that I can see (only had about a week). Sometimes the Demon lock gets "confused" and spits out a ball during play. Not during a ball search or anything.
Anyone else have this occasional issue?

No, but the bug where lit Front Row doesn't save the ball during lovegun multiball at times is really irritating.

#3569 6 years ago

1.30 LE#50 No issues here, gameplay is smoother than before. Feels more liquid and light show is more dynamic!

#3570 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Stay tuned !

Hooray! You're back.

Still enjoying your game?

#3571 6 years ago

The guys at Stern have been playing KISS.

Decent scores!

How does 10x Rock City sound? Awesome

Hopefully they are play testing final update. Hope it's a beauty!

22780713_10155889518039244_8977298218264895248_n (resized).jpg22780713_10155889518039244_8977298218264895248_n (resized).jpg

22728806_10155889518044244_4824780612509526836_n (resized).jpg22728806_10155889518044244_4824780612509526836_n (resized).jpg

#3572 6 years ago

I have a question about the KISS ARMY grid . On the KISS LE there are 16 RGB color changing LED under the KISS ARMY grid that change colors like white / Blue / Red . What do these color changes represent ?? I am thinking it is code related in some progression of completing a task on the KISS ARMY Grid . I have only played the KISS Pro with a .65 old code . On the KISS Pro there are no KISS ARMY grid RGB color changing inserts . Can some one explain the difference of the two model's regarding this Question . I link a video of a KISS LE were I noticed the KISS LE GRID changing colors . Thank you for your input.

#3573 6 years ago

This video was filmed on the old code, the first major update. The code update most recently hasn't changed the color or goals of the game just how many times to get things like extra ball etc.. The colors on the grid show you how many times a certain item was hit. For example to get to Heavens on Fire with the new code every item on the grid needs to be filled just once. During this you may have knocked down the kiss targets 2x which would be a different color to show progress. It is just a simple way to see how the progress is going. To fill the catman insert you need to get all bumper caps solid 3x so that line might have 2 blue and 2 red so you would get a quick visual on what 2 shots your missing. The light show and RGB are amazing on this game! If you are looking at a premium vs a pro the upgrades really add to he game IMO. Not to mention the new update with Heavens on fire light show and Demon multiball.

#3574 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Hopefully they are play testing final update. Hope it's a beauty!

Can't wait, so glad to hear they are giving Kiss one last update to address issues and put more polish on a great game! This game keeps me coming back for more.

#3575 6 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

This video was filmed on the old code, the first major update. The code update most recently hasn't changed the color or goals of the game just how many times to get .

Filmed ? They still use cameras with film ?

#3576 6 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

This video was filmed on the old code, the first major update. The code update most recently hasn't changed the color or goals of the game just how many times to get things like extra ball etc.. The colors on the grid show you how many times a certain item was hit. For example to get to Heavens on Fire with the new code every item on the grid needs to be filled just once. During this you may have knocked down the kiss targets 2x which would be a different color to show progress. It is just a simple way to see how the progress is going.

Thank you . I was able to discern the in 1.28 video I referenced that the Grid insert RGB color change would represent progression in the game . But what I am really asking is what color means what? In video of 1.28 the GRID insert the color would change to red or blue maybe another color I do not own the LE . I want to know exactly what color represents the progression. If that makes sense for experience rules clarification . And the second part of my question was since the KISS Pro only uses white on the GRID no RGB color changers how does one keep tract on the KISS Pro with out the ad of the RGB like the LE . I suck at rules . But I am paying more money for the KISS LE 16 RGB color changing insets I want to now what it all means . Or is it just cosmetic for the KISS ARMY color changing inserts . Know I just confused myself Thanks a million .

#3577 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Filmed ? They still use cameras with film ?

Yes film is used in cameras . Most if not all the film you see at a theater are 35mm or 70mm . Now the projection delivery of the 35mm or 70mm film varies . What do you know about the rules of STERN KISS LE and KISS Pro that can be us use ? Thank you .

#3578 6 years ago

Good video, explains a fair bit and quite funny!

#3579 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Yes film is used in cameras . Most if not all the film you see at a theater are 35mm or 70mm . Now the projection delivery of the 35mm or 70mm film varies . What do you know about the rules of STERN KISS LE and KISS Pro that can be us use ? Thank you .

Wow and i bet you too 'tape 'tv programs on your VHS or BETAMAX

#3580 6 years ago

I see the new BM66 code update has a ton of new Champion awards

I really hope they put them into KISS for the final update.

Makes such a difference to games to have these.

#3581 6 years ago

hello i just bought the topper . does anyone have a way of Dimming it or does anyone sell a a fiter to put over it ? also it does not seem to interactive ? is there a setting

#3582 6 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

hello i just bought the topper . does anyone have a way of Dimming it or does anyone sell a a fiter to put over it ? also it does not seem to interactive ? is there a setting

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4001

Pinball Life sells a yellow filter. I didn't think I would like it yellow, but it's actually so much better than the blinding white! The topper is not made to be interactive. It has a random light show running constantly during attract and game play.

#3583 6 years ago

Loving the look of GOTG so far but going to wait for final KISS update before deciding.

Otherwise......

insanity (resized).jpginsanity (resized).jpg

#3584 6 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

Originally, my topper was not interactive. When powered, the topper flashes in a repeated attract mode pattern. I discovered that the USB cable had broken loose where it was soldered in the topper. After Stern replaced it, the topper is in fact interactive. It has different patterns depending on which song you pick. It is reminiscent of the 70's when KISS had the big lit sign behind them at concerts. That sign would change patterns depending on the song.
When you hit one of the letters in the KISS drop targets, the pattern will stop momentarily, and just that letter will be lit with the others unlit. This continues the homage played to the original 1979 Bally KISS although slightly different than the interactive backglass logo of the Bally machine. It is very hard to catch as you are always looking down at the playfield and it happens fast before returning to the pattern of the song. I haven't ever found a setting for this, it just started happening after I had a properly functioning topper. This is just my experience and I hope this helps. I really enjoy the topper and it brings the spectacle of a KISS concert to the pinball world.

#3585 6 years ago

I have the topper as well and totally dig it. I would never put a filter on it and once you start playing you won’t even notice it as you’re in the zone.

8EE22462-CFB6-4520-9DBC-6650E2EE0D06 (resized).jpeg8EE22462-CFB6-4520-9DBC-6650E2EE0D06 (resized).jpeg

E3BDC663-F5F0-441D-9C98-D4151EE0B937 (resized).jpegE3BDC663-F5F0-441D-9C98-D4151EE0B937 (resized).jpeg

#3586 6 years ago

The KISS topper is AWESOME. It is the only STERN topper I'd pay the money they want for it.

I wish they'd do a translite/backglass without the KISS logo on it tho, because the topper really overshadows the backglass logo.

#3587 6 years ago

The topper is by far the best part of the machine. Playing it is the worst. Took the Gene head apart and it still doesnt work. All switches test out. It hasnt worked right since I took the machine out of the box. I have the premium. Im stuck with it as a KISS fan.

#3588 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

I have the topper as well and totally dig it. I would never put a filter on it and once you start playing you won’t even notice it as you’re in the zone.

Tell the kid in the picture giving the devils horns he owes Gene Simmons some money!

#3589 6 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I have the premium. Im stuck with it as a KISS fan.

I'll trade you a perfectly working pro for it

#3590 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I'll trade you a perfectly working pro for it

I bet the Gene head works better than mine.

#3591 6 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

The topper is by far the best part of the machine. Playing it is the worst. Took the Gene head apart and it still doesnt work. All switches test out. It hasnt worked right since I took the machine out of the box. I have the premium. Im stuck with it as a KISS fan.

Quoted from joekiss:

I bet the Gene head works better than mine.

I bought a KISS LE . Demon head seems to work on mine .
What are both of your issues ? So I may keep an eye on mine for trouble .
Thanks .

Kiss 2 (resized).jpgKiss 2 (resized).jpg

#3592 6 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Tell the kid in the picture giving the devils horns he owes Gene Simmons some money!

lol

#3593 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I bought a KISS LE . Demon head seems to work on mine .
What are both of your issues ? So I may keep an eye on mine for trouble .
Thanks .

The past February me and my Brother we bought 2 L.E.’s, I had some troubles with a Nod, my Brother no issues at all, when the technician was here for my Pin service, told me that he changed a bracket on the Demon for another customer... did you checked that joekiss?

#3594 6 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

There’s nothing in that head that can’t be fixed. If you can’t do it, get your distributor to come fix it!!

Life is too short to have a broken game. Make it so!

rd

#3595 6 years ago

I thought you KISS guys might like this:

Today’s Paul Stanley experience.

Today we went for a big walk around Hollywood and Melrose, as we like to do. You see so much more of a city just walking everywhere. We went to The Grove shopping centre to see the new Thor movie, and I saw a sign at Barnes and Noble that said Paul Stanley was going to sign the new KISS book at 7pm. So I go to check it out ... I’m not the stalker fanboy type at all, but what the hell, we haven’t got anything better to do ... so I buy the huge book (not bad deal for $55 too, I honestly thought it’d be $100+ knowing KISS...) and get my wristband for the signing. The guy said they were expecting 250 people there, so I lined up just after 6pm behind about 50 others. They made an announcement that Paul didn’t like hand shakes, only fist bumps, and only the KISS books were allowed to be signed, nothing else. And no posing for photos, only ones from the queue.

Just after 7, Paul and Lynn Goldsmith (the photographer) came out of a side room and started signing. My guess is there were about 100-120 people there.
Of course, there was some photo posing going on, despite the organiser guy trying to hurry things along. Paul was chatty to most people, in the 30 seconds they were allowed to stand there.

Finally my turn came up ... got my book, walked up to Paul and hit him with a fistpump and said “hi Paul, all the way from New Zealand ...”
“New Zeeeeeland! We haven’t been there for a while ... we’ll be coming back down there soon”
“Oh yeah, that’s cool. I’ve seen you quite a few times in Australia as well”
“Aaaasome! We’ll be back down there soon and I’ll be looking out for you!”
“Aaaaahh ok. Cool. Thanks Paul! Thanks Lynn!” *fistpumps*
And that was it. Lol

My rock star moment of the day.

Then we went to Canters (the famous deli where GnR hung out with Mark Canter) and had a Pastrami Reuben. Bloody good it was too.

rd

7538D512-2E35-489C-BDA5-00980A297163 (resized).jpeg7538D512-2E35-489C-BDA5-00980A297163 (resized).jpeg

2547256E-6687-441A-86FA-4D9159BA96E7 (resized).jpeg2547256E-6687-441A-86FA-4D9159BA96E7 (resized).jpeg

30688C58-E72B-4B2F-878D-6E6AC6285BAD (resized).jpeg30688C58-E72B-4B2F-878D-6E6AC6285BAD (resized).jpeg

68586895-5821-4529-81FD-C2F74C92212D (resized).jpeg68586895-5821-4529-81FD-C2F74C92212D (resized).jpeg

48C82200-9A64-4448-BBFA-34A77D2B1FC2 (resized).jpeg48C82200-9A64-4448-BBFA-34A77D2B1FC2 (resized).jpeg

#3596 6 years ago

Oh yeah ... remember young Carter who I mentioned has become this Crazy KISS fan since he played my pinball?

Here he is on Halloween! Lol!

rd

59F5A376-2C5F-42EC-A164-A263C15F07B9 (resized).jpeg59F5A376-2C5F-42EC-A164-A263C15F07B9 (resized).jpeg

#3597 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Then we went to Canters (the famous deli where GnR hung out with Mark Canter) and had a Pastrami Reuben. Bloody good it was too.
rd

Check out Greenblatt's deli. We prefer it to Canters and eat there multiple times when in LA. Great food and a really nice wine selection with a sommelier, too!

#3598 6 years ago

Just sold mine the game has so many design flaws(the stuck balls in the genes head) sterns are just getting worse for me, how they let these leave the factory no pride anymore.....

#3599 6 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

Just sold mine the game has so many design flaws(the stuck balls in the genes head) sterns are just getting worse for me, how they let these leave the factory no pride anymore.....

Never had a ball stuck in the head thankfully. My game has been bullet proof apart from the rubbish decals.

Wondering if the final update will come before Xmas?

#3600 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Never had a ball stuck in the head thankfully. My game has been bullet proof apart from the rubbish decals.
Wondering if the final update will come before Xmas?

Two balls during multiball and the thing is stuck just bad design

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.75
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.