IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,898 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 358.
#13851 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

$140 for a shooter rod?!?!?!? What!!

It's $70 per bubble and comes with a free light up shooter rod.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

At least it lights up and is too bulky for precision plunges.

And what do you know about being too bulky for precision plunges? Have you used one? lol.
I will report back once I have it installed, but the stock one is thin, tiny and uncomfortable and mine has some rough edges of plastic on it.
This one is stout like a comfy lazy boy recliner and you can get a nice solid grip on it and has a nice weight to it. I think it will be more precise. Bonus, as you said, it lights up!

As for the bubbles, I didn't realize it until 6point5degrees straightened me out and said, "The two bubbles in your shooter rod represent the dual moons of Sarnos from 2112"

#13852 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Here are my top 3 Sterns to date:
1. Mando
2. Jurassic Park
3. Rush

I think you had a typo, you meant
1. Rush
2. Jp
3. Mando

#13853 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I am certain the bubbles are not “defects”
Rather part of the manufacturing process.
Likely where the item is held by a tool or robot while assembly and molding is completed.

Quoted from 27dnast:

Well if I'm not happy Stern will hear about it. $140 is crazy money and it should be perfect.

Quoted from Vitty:

Just recently picked this game up again and WOW! Probably no surprise to the owner's group here, but this machine is a sleeper hit. I know a lot of my pinball buddies are turned off by the theme, myself included, but this is a great game and the theme has grown on me. Very nice job team Stern! This is one of your best combinations of flow, rules, and theme integration.

I think there are a chunk of people that will never buy Rush just because of the theme. I get it. No matter how good Elton John is when it comes out, I'm not buying it. Just no interest in the theme or songs, at least not in a pin.

#13854 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Well if I'm not happy Stern will hear about it. $140 is crazy money and it should be perfect.

I think there are a chunk of people that will never buy Rush just because of the theme. I get it. No matter how good Elton John is when it comes out, I'm not buying it. Just no interest in the theme or songs, at least not in a pin.

Agreed I don’t think a theme can make a game as much as it can break a game. There are band game themes where the game is supposedly great but i just cannot get into the band and don’t want to listen to the music… so I’ll never buy them. So glad rush is… well.. rush and a band I love!

#13855 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

At least it lights up and is too bulky for precision plunges.

The size if perfect if you have ham hands like myself. If you hand size is smaller than a bunch of bananas, it might not be a good fit for you.

#13856 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Agreed I don’t think a theme can make a game as much as it can break a game. There are band game themes where the game is supposedly great but i just cannot get into the band and don’t want to listen to the music… so I’ll never buy them. So glad rush is… well.. rush and a band I love!

This is Foo for me.

Not just bands tho... GZ for me.
Every release this year, is the same. No interest on any of the new releases outside of playing it on location.
Will be an interesting day when something comes along I MUST have as I have a two pin limit, so one would have to go, or I must pass.
That will be a tough day .

#13857 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This is Foo for me.
Not just bands tho... GZ for me.
Every release this year, is the same. No interest on any of the new releases outside of playing it on location.
Will be an interesting day when something comes along I MUST have as I have a two pin limit, so one would have to go, or I must pass.
That will be a tough day .

lol I thought the same thing about GZ... until I played it, the theme didn't turn me off but didn't do anything for me. Oddly enough I saw it when going to check out Rush originally and played it while waiting to play Rush, I fell in love with Godzilla now I love the theme and even want to watch the old movies.

I think though bands are even worse if your not a fan, I mean most non band themes are generic enough you can not pay attention, but music you don't like especially one where it's a "concert" is just off putting. I actually really hate the concert theme regardless of band. There are a few band games that don't make it the generic "concert/band" feel (Iron maiden and foo fighters I can think off, it is nice cause it's not concert related I'm not necessarily a foo fighters fan (dont dislike them either), but I played the game in a place where you cannot hear the music like most places you'd play pinball, the theme becomes "saturday morning cartoon about alients" which is nice.

I actually have a foo on order as it was a really cool design and I enjoyed it the 2 times I played it. I never listed to their music, but I heard Dave Grohl was a big rush fan so hopefully once i listen to their music more I'll find it's hopefully have influences of Rush and the other bands like rush that I do like.

#13858 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

I never listed to their music, but I heard Dave Grohl was a big rush fan so hopefully once i listen to their music more I'll find it's hopefully have influences of Rush and the other bands like rush that I do like.

I'm by no means a FF expert, but from what songs I've listened to and heard from talking to my wife, who's been a fan since before we met, I get the impression their music is less directly inspired by Rush and rather the band mirrors Rush's outlook of taking their music very seriously and caring about the craft while taking themselves much less seriously. And that I can get behind.

#13859 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

lol I thought the same thing about GZ... until I played it, the theme didn't turn me off but didn't do anything for me. Oddly enough I saw it when going to check out Rush originally and played it while waiting to play Rush, I fell in love with Godzilla now I love the theme and even want to watch the old movies.
I think though bands are even worse if your not a fan, I mean most non band themes are generic enough you can not pay attention, but music you don't like especially one where it's a "concert" is just off putting. I actually really hate the concert theme regardless of band. There are a few band games that don't make it the generic "concert/band" feel (Iron maiden and foo fighters I can think off, it is nice cause it's not concert related I'm not necessarily a foo fighters fan (dont dislike them either), but I played the game in a place where you cannot hear the music like most places you'd play pinball, the theme becomes "saturday morning cartoon about alients" which is nice.
I actually have a foo on order as it was a really cool design and I enjoyed it the 2 times I played it. I never listed to their music, but I heard Dave Grohl was a big rush fan so hopefully once i listen to their music more I'll find it's hopefully have influences of Rush and the other bands like rush that I do like.

Rocks bands themes are more polarizing. Good and bad.

GZ was easy to like even though I barely knew anything about Godzilla. The humor and gameplay make it an easy game to like.

Love Foo - will probably own one some day!

#13860 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

lol I thought the same thing about GZ... until I played it, the theme didn't turn me off but didn't do anything for me. Oddly enough I saw it when going to check out Rush originally and played it while waiting to play Rush, and at the place I was paying you couldn't hear the rush music or call outs so I didn't really like rush at first. I fell in love with Godzilla now I love the theme and even want to watch the old movies.

Quoted from squaresville:

I'm by no means a FF expert, but from what songs I've listened to and heard from talking to my wife, who's been a fan since before we met, I get the impression their music is less directly inspired by Rush and rather the band mirrors Rush's outlook of taking their music very seriously and caring about the craft while taking themselves much less seriously. And that I can get behind.

I can get behind that too the cartoon ness of the game I played in a bar was really cool, really enjoyable.

#13861 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

I can get behind that too the cartoon ness of the game I played in a bar was really cool, really enjoyable.

If I am being honest, I AM really looking forward to PLAYING Foo... I get their fame, and their thing, I just dont have any 90s memories tied into any ff and that ship has sailed for me. I do appreciate the less rock band-ness and more Sat morning cartoon-ness which gives me the thought that maybe I will like it more than I think, but not enough to own, but enough to like the game play and art, and that it will be a pin of the year likely, like Rush was (no comments about no competition existed, dont be a hater, lol) but I respect Foo.
I also respect GZ, I did play it and I DID enjoy it, so I get it. But I had to rise above the call outs and the play drain wait play drain wait aspect... I got impatient waiting for it. I guess If I was a really great player and not drain as much it would have been better, but the stop and go play between drains, well drained on me and said not for me. But I respect GZ.
I think some people may feel the same about RUSH, just like Vitty, he called it a sleeper hit, flow, rules, and integration are gaining his respect.
But if your fav band is Rush, its the PERFECT pin.
If Godzilla is your childhood hero, man, GZ is the PERFECT pin.
If you have so many memories and peaked at the time in the 90's with Foo Fighters (like fooflighter ) then its the PERFECT GRAIL pin for him!
I dont put any of the great games like that down, I get it, cause TO ME Rush is EPIC .

#13862 1 year ago

OMG... Is this the Rush thread?!

#13863 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

OMG... Is this the Rush thread?!

I once saw a Rush comment on this page, I swear I did!

#13864 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I also respect GZ, I did play it and I DID enjoy it, so I get it. But I had to rise above the call outs and the play drain wait play drain wait aspect... I got impatient waiting for it. I guess If I was a really great player and not drain as much it would have been better, but the stop and go play between drains, well drained on me and said not for me. But I respect GZ.

You know you can hit both flippers to cancel many of the cut-scenes, as well as the bonus countups - including in Rush, right? If you don't want to wait for something, hit both flippers. Done.

#13865 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I paid $180.

#13866 1 year ago

$180 - damn… picked a bad distributor. $139 was what I paid.

#13867 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

$180 - damn… picked a bad distributor. $139 was what I paid.

Yep...and it's the distro I've been dealing with for years. I emailed them to ask for an explanation...I won't call them out unless I know I got screwed.

#13868 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep...and it's the distro I've been dealing with for years. I emailed them to ask for an explanation...I won't call them out unless I know I got screwed.

They took care of it.

#13869 1 year ago

Hey I think I said Rush at least once in each post. I'll try to do better tho.

#13870 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

There are other great choices out there for shooter rods. I absolutely love the one I got from Super Skill Shot Shooters. And the wind up steam punk pocket watch actually works!

20220810_175915 (resized).jpg20220810_175915 (resized).jpg20220810_175940 (resized).jpg20220810_175940 (resized).jpg

Oh yeah, and no bubbles!

#13871 1 year ago

Had my best game ever tonight on Rush - just shy of 600,000,000. I know for a lot of you that's not all that great, but as much as I love pinball I'm just not that great of a player, so it was a big win for me. Also got to see and hear a couple of really funny things during that game. I think it was Getty that said something like "take that lampshade off your head" and at another point in the game I happened to glance up at the screen during Free Will and Neil was pounding the snare and his eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his head. Dream theme for me, and with the assets, design and implementation that the team put into this, it's unreal. My LE is bolted to the floor.

#13872 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

There are other great choices out there for shooter rods. I absolutely love the one I got from Super Skill Shot Shooters. And the wind up steam punk pocket watch actually works!
[quoted image][quoted image]
Oh yeah, and no bubbles!

I just ordered this one too, think it will perfect to the le

#13873 1 year ago

After a few months, we realized we were getting frustrated with a few of the design flaws of this game.
I installed ninjacamp inner loop, VUK, and shooter lane fixes. While I put these off because I thought they were a little pricey, after getting his scoop protector I had fath. Let me just say that these are game changers. It plays like it should have been tweaked to play from the factory now.
My son had been getting pissed at the ripoffs and rejected shots and he was right in thinking that the flaws should never have made it to production. Now it's like butter and makes the game so much better, highly recommend!

#13874 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

[quoted image][quoted image]
Oh yeah, and no bubbles!

Also from Super Skill Shot Shooters, borrowing pictures from CrashJT , since his are better/cleaner pics. Here’s the one I picked up from CrashJT:
20B80A2F-ED21-4C5D-8E3B-06B6C4A91D63 (resized).jpeg20B80A2F-ED21-4C5D-8E3B-06B6C4A91D63 (resized).jpeg83774132-B3F3-4B4B-9036-45D545CCFF1C (resized).jpeg83774132-B3F3-4B4B-9036-45D545CCFF1C (resized).jpegB575D561-1CCF-4AAF-86EE-6E92E72EFDE6 (resized).jpegB575D561-1CCF-4AAF-86EE-6E92E72EFDE6 (resized).jpeg

70AF76FB-8583-46E3-BFCA-DC0819D61998 (resized).jpeg70AF76FB-8583-46E3-BFCA-DC0819D61998 (resized).jpeg

Shoots nice and smooth, doesn’t take much to overshoot the skill shot setup, this paired with the orange shooter spring.

#13875 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Had my best game ever tonight on Rush - just shy of 600,000,000. I know for a lot of you that's not all that great, but as much as I love pinball I'm just not that great of a player, so it was a big win for me. Also got to see and hear a couple of really funny things during that game. I think it was Getty that said something like "take that lampshade off your head" and at another point in the game I happened to glance up at the screen during Free Will and Neil was pounding the snare and his eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his head. Dream theme for me, and with the assets, design and implementation that the team put into this, it's unreal. My LE is bolted to the floor.

Also, if for some reason, that LE needs to leave or a place to stay, hit me up. Only about 45 minutes north of you

#13876 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

After a few months, we realized we were getting frustrated with a few of the design flaws of this game.
I installed ninjacamp inner loop, VUK, and shooter lane fixes. While I put these off because I thought they were a little pricey, after getting his scoop protector I had fath. Let me just say that these are game changers. It plays like it should have been tweaked to play from the factory now.
My son had been getting pissed at the ripoffs and rejected shots and he was right in thinking that the flaws should never have made it to production. Now it's like butter and makes the game so much better, highly recommend!

I hear that. I got the game and was immediately disappointed in the first day or two almost to the point of wishing I didn't buy it due to the constant rejections and rattling. putting the ninjacamp mods on changed the game completely now it's smooth and amazing like it should be and one of my favorite games.

#13877 12 months ago
Quoted from GrooTheWanderer:

Possibly not based on this recent comment on the Tilt Forum Rush Rulesheet page? -> http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-rush-rulesheet/7409/200
Worth exploring further for final confirmation one way or the other. Until you are down to 1 or 2 planet modes left to complete, it's a bit challenging to get all 6 records the same color to test this out.

I have now confirmed via gameplay that matching 6 records of the same color before starting a mode does in fact reward a multiplier of *exactly 2* (and not 3) for each of the shots on record lanes during the mode. No more exploring needed. This was via gameplay on V1.11.0.

#13878 12 months ago

I was out of town last week. When I got home, I had my shooter, armor and expression lighting!!! My shooter has a whole constellation of bubbles. Lol. Looking forward to installing it all this weekend!

20230427_195043 (resized).jpg20230427_195043 (resized).jpg
#13879 12 months ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Also from Super Skill Shot Shooters, borrowing pictures from CrashJT , since his are better/cleaner pics. Here’s the one I picked up from CrashJT:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]
Shoots nice and smooth, doesn’t take much to overshoot the skill shot setup, this paired with the orange shooter spring.

It looks awesome!!!

#13880 12 months ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I was out of town last week. When I got home, I had my shooter, armor and expression lighting!!! My shooter has a whole constellation of bubbles. Lol. Looking forward to installing it all this weekend!
[quoted image]

There’s actual art that comes with the expression lights right??

#13881 12 months ago
Quoted from CrashJT:I was out of town last week. When I got home, I had my shooter, armor and expression lighting!!! My shooter has a whole constellation of bubbles. Lol. Looking forward to installing it all this weekend!
[quoted image]

That's the first delivery of EL's I've seen

Lucky guy. So far I haven't heard a peep on shipping for any of my orders.

#13882 12 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

There’s actual art that comes with the expression lights right??

Yes there are side art blades. They look like concert rigging with a Clockwork Angels clock and the steempunk blimp.

20230428_223918 (resized).jpg20230428_223918 (resized).jpg20230428_224130 (resized).jpg20230428_224130 (resized).jpg20230428_224134 (resized).jpg20230428_224134 (resized).jpg20230428_224136 (resized).jpg20230428_224136 (resized).jpg20230428_224139 (resized).jpg20230428_224139 (resized).jpg
#13883 12 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

That's the first delivery of EL's I've seen
Lucky guy. So far I haven't heard a peep on shipping for any of my orders.

Thanks. They said end of April. But still no topper.

#13884 12 months ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Thanks. They said end of April. But still no topper.

It's not the end of April yet.

#13885 12 months ago

This would be an awesome translite..

FB_IMG_1682738009670 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1682738009670 (resized).jpg
#13886 12 months ago

Got My Shooter Rod and Side Armor today. Looks like a tiny bubble in the shooter. Don’t care. No expression lights yet.

IMG_3661 (resized).jpegIMG_3661 (resized).jpegIMG_3662 (resized).jpegIMG_3662 (resized).jpeg
#13887 12 months ago

wonder when we will see the first toppers shipped

#13888 12 months ago

Yeah I’m over any bubbles in the mold - sounds like it’s gonna be a crapshoot - some may look better than others - regardless it looks cool when lit up. Just get me the damn thing and the topper too! Paid in full over a month ago. Thought I would have both by now. Get em shipped Stern!

#13889 12 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Yeah I’m over any bubbles the mold - it is what it is and looks cool lit up.

Quoted from upsfeedr:

Got My Shooter Rod and Side Armor today. Looks like a tiny bubble in the shooter. Don’t care.

Well it's nice to know it's at least possible to produce a shooter without multiple big bubbles... I care. I've opened a ticket with Stern and maybe someone in support can pick out a nice one and let me swap...
Yeah, I'm that guy.

#13890 12 months ago

I have now confirmed via gameplay that matching 6 records of the same color before starting a mode does in fact reward a multiplier of *exactly 2* (and not 3) for each of the shots on record lanes during the mode. No more exploring needed. This was via gameplay on V1.11.0.

If i have only 2 or 3records of the same color, will these records also count x2 ?

#13891 12 months ago

I'm getting antsy for my topper!

#13892 12 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:If i have only 2 or 3records of the same color, will these records also count x2 ?

As I understand it, yes.

#13893 12 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

As I understand it, yes.

Correct - every record which is either solid and matching the mode color or rainbow will be a 2x multiplier for shots completed during that mode.

#13894 12 months ago

Correct - every record which is either solid and matching the mode color or rainbow will be a 2x multiplier for shots completed during that mode.

Thank you

#13895 12 months ago

Anyone with a pro get the side armor? I’m thinking about it for my pro. Want to see how it looks on the pro.

#13896 12 months ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Anyone with a pro get the side armor? I’m thinking about it for my pro. Want to see how it looks on the pro.

I passed on it because I felt like it would interfere the artwork too much on the pro. That said, like you, I do want to see the pictures from someone that took the plunge. Maybe it's ok... ?

#13897 12 months ago

hi guys

i'm thinking to loan a RUSH PRO, but than, as i havent followed the pin/topic here, is the code (1.18 as i can see) full/complete as it ?

tanx

#13898 12 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

hi guys
i'm thinking to loan a RUSH PRO, but than, as i havent followed the pin/topic here, is the code (1.18 as i can see) full/complete as it ?
tanx

Very complete. Really great full ruleset.

#13899 12 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Very complete. Really great full ruleset.

ok perfect, tanx

#13900 12 months ago

i made it the first time to Cygnus book2, what a crazy wizard mode. Really well done. i failed in phase 4, not easy to get the ball up the ramp in this mode.

had a lot of fun playing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,898 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/278?hl=pinballrockdude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.