IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 358.
#6751 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I'm still not convinced that the switch sticking up in the shooter lane isn't part of the wonky-soft-plunge problem many of us are having.
I decided to order an MRS switch from M&M Creations to replace it. I'll report back once I've received and tested it. (Maybe about to make Matt a lot of money, lol)
I suppose I could've just dropped the switch out of the lane and test the shot without anything there -- but as usual I have several balls in the air, and by the time I get around to that, the switch would be here anyway, lol. Bit of a gamble, I suppose -- but fortune favors the bold (that's cold), so I'll (get out there and rock and) roll the bones.
More to follow...

You'll not regret it

#6752 1 year ago

Happened to mine months ago.
Stern will send you another one .
I received mine in a couple days.
Easy fix just make sure the tiny dip switches match the old board

Quoted from maddogcapt:

Well it looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones with a blown node 10 board. I couldn't see anything wrong with it until I took a picture and zoomed in on it. Mine shows damage (although not as bad) as the example photo you directed me to.
I'll be contacting my dealer tomorrow to see about a replacement. Thanks for the help PinMonk & Vino too![quoted image][quoted image]

#6753 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I'm still not convinced that the switch sticking up in the shooter lane isn't part of the wonky-soft-plunge problem many of us are having.
I decided to order an MRS switch from M&M Creations to replace it. I'll report back once I've received and tested it. (Maybe about to make Matt a lot of money, lol)
I suppose I could've just dropped the switch out of the lane and test the shot without anything there -- but as usual I have several balls in the air, and by the time I get around to that, the switch would be here anyway, lol. Bit of a gamble, I suppose -- but fortune favors the bold (that's cold), so I'll (get out there and rock and) roll the bones.
More to follow...

Curiosity, have you changed out the inside spring(long one) at all? I installed the orange one on mine, and seems to be pretty smooth. Granted I only have 10 games on my machine before my spinner broke, lol. The original spring seemed a little soft, but I have the red(super tight) and the step below it as well(can’t remember the color). Started with the orange, and it felt good on the plunge.

#6754 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Was it ever stated what's causing these failures? They all seem to be on the same pin on that chip. VSB.

#6755 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Curiosity, have you changed out the inside spring(long one) at all? I installed the orange one on mine, and seems to be pretty smooth. Granted I only have 10 games on my machine before my spinner broke, lol. The original spring seemed a little soft, but I have the red(super tight) and the step below it as well(can’t remember the color). Started with the orange, and it felt good on the plunge.

Nope haven't tried that yet. Will try that if MRS doesn't do the trick. The one Pro I got to play elsewhere launched smooth as butter so I wonder what changed there...

#6756 1 year ago

I also have the node board 10 issue. Ramp died in the middle of a game. I can't see anything burned, but have not pulled the board yet. It's an April 26 build, which I saw someone else had the same build date and problem. No ferrite that I can find, but I don't see how that would have helped. Anyone else having the same issue node 10 issue add have any particular mods. Shaker Motor, Pinwoofer etc? I am new to this so go easy on me.

#6757 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

I also have the node board 10 issue. Ramp died in the middle of a game. I can't see anything burned, but have not pulled the board yet. It's an April 26 build, which I saw someone else had the same build date and problem. No ferrite that I can find, but I don't see how that would have helped. Anyone else having the same issue node 10 issue add have any particular mods. Shaker Motor, Pinwoofer etc? I am new to this so go easy on me.

Probably don't have to pull the board to see the issue. Just take a hi-res picture with your phone and zoom in on the picture you've taken.

#6758 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Nope haven't tried that yet. Will try that if MRS doesn't do the trick. The one Pro I got to play elsewhere launched smooth as butter so I wonder what changed there...

Per PBL’s pages under their shooter springs:
Spring tension from lowest to highest:
Blue (266-5001-05)
Green (266-5001-04)
Standard (10-148-1)
Orange (266-5001-07)
Purple (266-5001)
Gray/Silver (266-5001-14)
Red (10-148-2)

For anyone that is interested in trying these out. I’ve got the orange currently in there and feels good. I also picked up the purple to try if needed, and a red if I wanted to go extreme. I’d have to look, but I think green came on my machine originally, which is a step down from the standard spring.

#6759 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Per PBL’s pages under their shooter springs:
Spring tension from lowest to highest:
Blue (266-5001-05)
Green (266-5001-04)
Standard (10-148-1)
Orange (266-5001-07)
Purple (266-5001)
Gray/Silver (266-5001-14)
Red (10-148-2)
For anyone that is interested in trying these out. I’ve got the orange currently in there and feels good. I also picked up the purple to try if needed, and a red if I wanted to go extreme. I’d have to look, but I think green came on my machine originally, which is a step down from the standard spring.

I'm running an Orange that I had as a backup and it works better than the stock green.

#6760 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I contacted my dealer today and they are ordering a new board from Stern. No word yet on how long this will take.

#6761 1 year ago

The Wizard Mods game blades were definitely worth the wait! They look awesome in the premium.

20220531_215256_02 (resized).jpg20220531_215256_02 (resized).jpg20220531_215316 (resized).jpg20220531_215316 (resized).jpg
#6762 1 year ago

I'm guessing most folks are holding out for the Expression system and not installing Art Blades.

#6763 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I'm guessing most folks are holding out for the Expression system and not installing Art Blades.

Although Led Zepplin LE has both blades and the lights, and looks amazing.

#6764 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Although Led Zepplin LE has both blades and the lights, and looks amazing.

But aren't the expression light cutouts IN the art blades on LZ?

#6765 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But aren't the expression light cutouts IN the art blades on LZ?

Yeah, I wonder what kind of install it will be for the lights on Rush, will it just be the lights or will it come with the blade artwork the LE has?

#6766 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Yeah, I wonder what kind of install it will be for the lights on Rush, will it just be the lights or will it come with the blade artwork the LE has?

It's pretty integrated into the art blade, so I'm thinking it will be the lights plus the art blades that go around them.

#6767 1 year ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I'm running an Orange that I had as a backup and it works better than the stock green.

That's an interesting comment, our LE came with an Orange spring as stock, still had to get the MRS in there to sort the plunge out.

It's not perfect and still has it's moments, but it does improve things substantially ( the switch change ).

#6768 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

The Wizard Mods game blades were definitely worth the wait! They look awesome in the premium.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!...I actually just ordered these...great minds!

#6769 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

That's an interesting comment, our LE came with an Orange spring as stock, still had to get the MRS in there to sort the plunge out.
It's not perfect and still has it's moments, but it does improve things substantially ( the switch change ).

Thanks for the thumbs up Ian!

Matt

#6770 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Yep

#6771 1 year ago

I have 2 sets of blades sitting there
Still undecided.

The expression lighting is getting such high praises, I’m considering waiting.
People are raving about it, but is it worth $??

Quoted from DiabloRush:

#6772 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Still undecided.

YES. It makes the game. If I played Rush without it, I’d start yelling a steady stream of Canadian cuss words.

#6773 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Still undecided.

The latest code has seen improvements to the expression lighting which are truly outstanding.

I'll be keeping a copy of 0.96 safely stored it's such a leap in the visual effects.

#6774 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

The latest code has seen improvements to the expression lighting which are truly outstanding.
I'll be keeping a copy of 0.96 safely stored it's such a leap in the visual effects.

Hope the expression lighting kits come soon.

I love them on LZ.

#6775 1 year ago

Thank you Stern Support (Eddie) for quickly handling my split ramp rubber issue. Parts took a while, but arrived today.

20220601_120238 (resized).jpg20220601_120238 (resized).jpg
#6776 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

The raving is what proves it's worth it. Yes yes absolutely yes. Without EL it's a great game. With EL, it's an EXPERIENCE. The light shows feel like a concert, and -- forget points -- the "rainbow-washover" effect is motivation enough to go for the skill shot!

#6777 1 year ago

2111 + 5 = 2111

#6778 1 year ago
Quoted from noysboy:

2111 + 5 = 2111

Is this something that should be sent to [email protected]? Otherwise, I'm not following.

#6779 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Still undecided.

Absolutely worth it.

#6780 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Appreciate the pics of them installed, looks great!

I’ve got a set here on standby, in case the Expression Lights availability fizzles out, or becomes too costly. I like the idea of the lights, and what I’ve seen with them, but haven’t really felt like anything was missing when playing my Premium without them.

You don’t miss what you don’t have....lol.

#6781 1 year ago

The expression lighting is excellent. "Game changer", potentially, "must have" maybe not. The blade art that was recently posted looks really nice. In the end, if you have the budget for the EL, Id recommend, but not essential...

#6782 1 year ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

For my occurrence, I haven’t played any games since Node 10 failed and have left it powered off. It shows 119 plays total as of now.
So:
Build date: 4/26/2022
Received : 4/29/2022
Failed Node 10: 5/10/2022
Total Plays: 119
Stern has placed a warranty request for it with the parts department but indicated it could be a while and said to follow up with them 3-4 weeks if the replacement doesn’t arrive by then.

Update to this,

Received the replacement Node 10 board from Stern yesterday, installed, played a few games and so far all is working. Approximately 3 weeks for the replacement.

Some photos here of the replacement received to archive in case there are future revisions to compare to. (199-5781-00C)

37FB4EB2-BF67-49E7-9540-CC51905E566C (resized).jpeg37FB4EB2-BF67-49E7-9540-CC51905E566C (resized).jpeg84356BA2-DD6F-4F1A-939D-B5B3A72E5BCE (resized).jpeg84356BA2-DD6F-4F1A-939D-B5B3A72E5BCE (resized).jpeg
#6783 1 year ago

New code out. 0.97

Fixed:

- Fixed a machine reset that could occur when players with long
usernames had unlocked the secret feature.

- Wildcard records:
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to get into a state where they
would always have wildcard records available at ball start, even if they
had not earned any.
- Fixed an issue that could cause shots lit for wildcards to not actually
place the wildcard records.

Tweaked:

- Stepper Motors:
- Updated stepper motor adjustments for lift ramp to improve reliability.

- Side Scoop Lock:
- Changed the default adjustment for SIDE SCOOP LOCKS BALLS to ALWAYS.
- NOTE: The existing behavior can be restored by setting the adjustment to
NEVER.

- Expression Lights:
- Improved music lightshows throughout gameplay.

- Cygnus X-1 Wizard Modes:
- Added additional scoring for starting Cygnus X-1 Wizard Modes.
- Improved animations during Cygnus X-1 Book I: The Voyage.
- Added an add-a-ball award for the player upon reaching the halfway point
through the Yellow planet.

#6784 1 year ago

nice, thanks for information

#6785 1 year ago

How do we report what may be a bug?
Ball got stuck behind drop targets (not sure why they reset) after being locked there in RUSH LE. Possibly not fixable…
Had to remove glass to free it.

#6786 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

New code out. 0.97
Fixed:

Heretofore known as the "RebelGuitars" effect.

#6787 1 year ago

More new code!!!!!!

Screenshot_20220601-172439_Email (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220601-172439_Email (resized).jpg
#6788 1 year ago
Quoted from colocole:

How do we report what may be a bug?
Ball got stuck behind drop targets (not sure why they reset) after being locked there in RUSH LE. Possibly not fixable…
Had to remove glass to free it.

I reported that multiple x months ago
Stern is aware

#6789 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Heretofore known as the "RebelGuitars" effect.

No more crashing. Now I can make my username even longer. Thanks Raymond!

#6790 1 year ago

I got the gold ninja scoop installed last night. I think it goes pretty good with the art.

Screenshot_20220601-165816_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220601-165816_Gallery (resized).jpg
#6791 1 year ago

New game code already? Well, there goes two hours of my life.... LOL

#6792 1 year ago

downloading now 35% complete 30 min remaining

#6793 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

New code out. 0.97
Fixed:
- Wildcard records:
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to get into a state where they
would always have wildcard records available at ball start, even if they
had not earned any.
- Fixed an issue that could cause shots lit for wildcards to not actually
place the wildcard records.
Tweaked:
- Stepper Motors:
- Updated stepper motor adjustments for lift ramp to improve reliability.
- Side Scoop Lock:
- Changed the default adjustment for SIDE SCOOP LOCKS BALLS to ALWAYS.
- NOTE: The existing behavior can be restored by setting the adjustment to
NEVER.
- Expression Lights:
- Improved music lightshows throughout gameplay.
- Cygnus X-1 Wizard Modes:
- Added additional scoring for starting Cygnus X-1 Wizard Modes.
- Improved animations during Cygnus X-1 Book I: The Voyage.
- Added an add-a-ball award for the player upon reaching the halfway point
through the Yellow planet.

Quick question - what's the difference/benefit to selecting the "quick" update on the game vs full update? I've been choosing the full update as I went from 93 to 96 and 96 to 97. Appreciate any insight. John

#6794 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

downloading now 35% complete 30 min remaining

8E4E127A-D168-4721-B2D8-BFA4225C6E30 (resized).jpeg8E4E127A-D168-4721-B2D8-BFA4225C6E30 (resized).jpeg
#6795 1 year ago

ya, stern's wifi updates are not worth it. Load it on usb, takes 1/4 the time.

#6796 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Disagree. I saw the email from Stern before dinner so went downstairs, fired up the game, selected update, went back upstairs, ate and cleaned up after dinner, went back downstairs and it was upgraded. No work on my part - and no risk of dropping the backglass (haven't done it yet but it always makes me nervous). Super convenient.

#6797 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Disagree. I saw the email from Stern before dinner so went downstairs, fired up the game, selected update, went back upstairs, ate and cleaned up after dinner, went back downstairs and it was upgraded. No work on my part - and no risk of dropping the backglass (haven't done it yet but it always makes me nervous). Super convenient.

Agreed - very convenient. Wi-Fi works great for me. Fired up the game when I got home from work, Mowed the lawn, and came back to an updated machine.

#6798 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

i wonder what percentage of this sentiment is due to pinball machines not being in the ideal wifi area in your house.

#6799 1 year ago
Quoted from misterschu:

i wonder what percentage of this sentiment is due to pinball machines not being in the ideal wifi area in your house.

It's definitely slow via Wifi. We have gigabit internet at home and a top of the line Wife 6e mesh router that is not far from our pins. Other wifi devices in the area work really fast but the pins are always painfully slow. For example I just ran a speed test on my phone while standing next to my Rush pin and it gets well over 200 mbps. I still update via wifi because it is convenient, but I basically start the update then go check the pin in about 2 hours. My Rush is doing that at the moment.

I do wonder if upgrading the sd card and micro sd card to faster models would help, I know some cheaper cards will dramatically throttle down read and write speed when in continuous use so maybe that's what's happening here, not sure though.

#6800 1 year ago

takes me 35 min to download the Update on WiFi.. Takes long to install the update

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/136 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.