IMG_2312[1] (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1709322521153 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-27 235259 (resized).png
PXL_20240224_143017481 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240224_143010432 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240224_142756659 (resized).jpg
book2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 17,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 357.
#1 2 years ago

Welcome to the Rush Owners Club! This first post will act as a FAQ for the thread, so please feel free to comment any additional questions you'd like to have added here.

Q:(Premium) What are the issues with the Node 10 board and what should I do?
A: As seen here (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/94#post-6869212), the node 10 "stepper motor" board can burn up without the ferrite fix provided from Stern. Contact your distributor and get the fix to prevent this issue.

Q:(Premium) Why is the game losing track of balls locked in the upper scoop?
A: The switches in most early premium/LE models were faulty. See service bulletin here- https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Stern-RushSwitchAdvisory.pdf . Contact your distributor to receive the fix for this issue.

Q: What are the issues with the scoop protector and do I need to upgrade mine to prevent damage?
A: There are 3 different versions of the scoop protectors used on Rush. The first seen here (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/4#post-6747519) was too thin and not adequate for more than few games. The second fix seen here (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/23#post-6796292) was also not adequate. The third and final fix seen here (https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Stern-RushScoopAdvisory.pdf) has worked much better than the original two fixes, although it complicates the "intended design". Your distributor will provide you with the 3rd fix if your game has either the original or second scoop protector. Third party options are also available such as NinjaCamp TPU Scoop Protector seen here (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06616-rush-tpu-scoop-protector-full-protection).

Q: Why is my inner loop switch not registering and what should I do about it?
A: This is a common issue and can be solved in a few different ways. The ball goes around the loop too fast and flies over the switch. First, you can attempt to bend the switch up higher to make the switch more sensitive, but this can cause the ball to get hung up on the switch if you bend it too high. There are a few third party solutions available such as the NinjaCamp Loop Assist (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06740-rush-inner-loop-assist-amp-soft-plunge-corrector) or the Gameroom Mods Upper Loop Plastic (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/07010-rush-upper-orbit-ball-retention-plastic)

Q: What are the must have mods for Rush?
A: Many including myself have upgraded the stock speaker system in their machine. For a premade kit, check out Pinwoofer's KO system. If you're interested in a less expensive DIY solution, check out this thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/). For other great cosmetic mods, check out this thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it/)

#3 2 years ago

Happy to be getting an LE.....

#4 2 years ago

Hoping my pro comes in with this first run.

#5 2 years ago

Just listening to Spirit of Radio on a loop, waiting for my LE.

#6 2 years ago

From a couple of days ago.

rush on line (resized).jpgrush on line (resized).jpg
#7 2 years ago

...so SWMBO asks me "Won't you get tired of hearing RUSH over and over again?"

I've been listening to RUSH over and over again for 42 years and haven't got tired of them yet!!

In on a LE!!

#8 2 years ago

Looking forward to my LE to arrive!

Small nit....it isn’t my favorite naming for the owners thread... Neil had such a way with words it would be nice if we incorporated some of them.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Looking forward to my LE to arrive!
Small nit....it isn’t my favorite naming for the owners thread... Neil had such a way with words it would be nice if we incorporated some of them.

Still trying to come up with a good one. Any suggestions are appreciated.

#10 2 years ago

A mod should just combine this with your other locked club thread or delete one of them

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club

Hate that we have people starting 5 club threads just to be first

#11 2 years ago

Thought you couldn’t open clubs without delivered machines.

#13 2 years ago

Begin the day with a friendly voice..

Hoping my Pro is shipped first as well and that it's got a Jukebox mode in it already

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

RUSH Pinball “Straining the Limits of Machine and Man”

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Thought you couldn’t open clubs without delivered machines.

They are shipping and showing up at locations already.

On another note, are we going to see a live stream of the pro anytime soon?

#16 2 years ago

In on an LE…..
Paid in full
BRING IT ON!!!!!

#17 2 years ago

OK please indulge me in nerd time, folks.

Flipper rubber colors: Purple, pink, light blue, or dark blue? Other options?

Also considering swapping out the flasher covers for purple, at least down by the slings. Would love to hear what other aesthetic (but not necessarily add-on) mods people are planning to make.

#18 2 years ago

In on a premium first run.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

where? I've only heard of the Logan Arcade one... which is kinda a test arrangement I think. Operator games haven't shown up yet... Helicon usually is first to get the goodies

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Shipping is a loose term. It’s about delivery. No one in this thread has one yet. Name one location or owner.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

where? I've only heard of the Logan Arcade one... which is kinda a test arrangement I think. Operator games haven't shown up yet... Helicon usually is first to get the goodies

Tilt amusements streamed a pro today on FB and he said they got some in.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Shipping is a loose term. It’s about delivery. No one in this thread has one yet. Name one location or owner.

Can’t wait till you get yours at Vertigo. Hope it’s next week sometime.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Tilt amusements streamed a pro today on FB and he said they got some in.

lol.. yeah just 2 hrs ago. Good news is.. that means we should have ours next week

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Can’t wait till you get yours at Vertigo. Hope it’s next week sometime.

Me too!

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

“Rush Owners: be cool or be cast out”

6A28E232-3747-4346-988F-552630515474.gif6A28E232-3747-4346-988F-552630515474.gif

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

RUSH Pinball “Straining the Limits of Machine and Man”

Great song and great title.

#27 2 years ago

Getting an LE!!! Cannot wait. Got multiple mods already........

#28 2 years ago

I’m not worthy yet but hope to secure one soon. In meantime, maybe not everyones Rush fav but even better live than in the 80’s!! (Wish it was in game)

#29 2 years ago

In on a LE. Love those music pins!

#30 2 years ago

Got lucky I have a LE coming from a fellow Pinhead/Hoosier and I really can’t thank him enough .Me love it long time .

#31 2 years ago

An angel came down from heaven and offered me his LE for MSRP. Can’t wait. Lucky day for me.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from charliex:

An angel came down from heaven and offered me his LE for MSRP. Can’t wait. Lucky day for me.

Wow- Congratulations!
Really nice to read that!

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Getting an LE!!! Cannot wait. Got multiple mods already........

What mods have you picked up? I like the Rush flippers for sure.

#34 2 years ago

In on a Premium can't wait

#35 2 years ago

got caught by the hype and ordered an LE when given the chance. Im ready to curse Borg's name when those outlanes give me fits....

#36 2 years ago

I’m patiently waiting for a Premium. “August at the earliest” was what I was told On 1/10. But…When it gets here, it’ll be here. Anybody else given a timeline on a Pre?

#37 2 years ago

I got the Start Button (really a must) light blue. I have flipper toppers coming, red light covers (full set) and the Red Barchetta with the One Lane Bridge. I may try and put one of my Hemispheres era bobbleheads under the glass as well, not sure if there is room anywhere or if it will fit (probably not). That is four mods, may get more as they come up. This pin will look like a boutique pin lol.

#38 2 years ago

In on a pro!

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

What mods have you picked up? I like the Rush flippers for sure.

The car and bridge are without question my favorite......the start button is money. Love the flipper toppers and red light covers as well.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Bill2112Rush:

I’m patiently waiting for a Premium. “August at the earliest” was what I was told On 1/10. But…When it gets here, it’ll be here. Anybody else given a timeline on a Pre?

Wow august? I’m in for a premium but was told end of Feb/March…maybe April. When did you get your order in?

#41 2 years ago

Over many years in the hobby I'd stayed out of the NIB Stern game somehow until Led Zeppelin and Rush, two themes that I was absolutely not going to be able to resist since sometime in the 1970s.

I was in a LZ tribute band for years and have performed Rush songs too. Before I was into pinball I collected a great many, um, non-commercial classic rock concert recordings, including countless hours of those two bands.

Rush + pinball was a super obvious successful match in my mind since whenever I first heard a Rush song played in an arcade, and it's still hard to believe it's finally going to happen. What a sweet reward for patience. Congrats everyone!!

THANKS to all at Stern for making this happen!

Whew, now I'm pretty much out of "take my money" rock themes that are an obvious pinball match... right? Right??

20220121_052346 (resized).jpg20220121_052346 (resized).jpg
#42 2 years ago

Rush Owners Thread: why does it happen, because it happens..................

#43 2 years ago

Auigh, waiting on a Premium! (love being last on the production line)

#44 2 years ago

Pro on the way - I hope..

Can't wait!!

aaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpgaaaaarushtimestandstill (resized).jpg
#45 2 years ago

Makes me happy to read this.
Pinball people are good people.

Quoted from charliex:

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Wow august? I’m in for a premium but was told end of Feb/March…maybe April. When did you get your order in?

I didn’t confirm until Monday 1/10. The distributor was up front and told me that I was pretty deep in the queue. But, he said it was a fluid situation given demand and parts availability…

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I would start that sentence with the word "Some"
After almost 1 year here, it seems 50/50 to me... fortunately they seem to be mostly concentrated in their areas to propagate, like a virus.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Makes me happy to read this.

You have it right

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

I was in a LZ tribute band for years and have performed Rush songs too.

I was in a Rush Tribute band many, many years ago. Took 5 of us to play the songs. We had a chick singing Geddy's parts since none of the guys had that sort of range. Our drummer was insanely good but had to quit and we could never find another drummer that could handle the drumming. Go figure.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

...so SWMBO asks me "Won't you get tired of hearing RUSH over and over again?"
I've been listening to RUSH over and over again for 42 years and haven't got tired of them yet!!
In on a LE!!

Awesome

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 300.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 135.00
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Attleboro, MA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com
Unisex
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
There are 17,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 357.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.