20240319_194137 (resized).jpg
20240319_194051 (resized).jpg
IMG_5172 (resized).jpeg
20240313_124509 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_232015126 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230406999 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230353824 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brzezicki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12202 1 year ago

Hello I was just playing a RUSH last week at a arcade and was playing my Tron which has the mini tron arcade and though.
Rush really should have a Tempest Arcade game mod (if you don't know why watch the subdivisions video again @

)

and I didn't see any others so I made one (maybe someday I'll get a RUSH pinball

anyway if your interested in one of these here's a link to them on my shop. I just made 2 but can make more if people want them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/07775-rush-pinball-subdivisions-tempest-video-game-mod

-brian
"Brought to you by the letter B"

#12203 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Hello I was just playing a RUSH last week at a arcade and was playing my Tron which has the mini tron arcade and though.
Rush really should have a Tempest Arcade game mod (if you don't know why watch the subdivisions video again @ )
and I didn't see any others so I made one (maybe someday I'll get a RUSH pinball
anyway if your interested in one of these here's a link to them on my shop. I just made 2 but can make more if people want them.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/07775-rush-pinball-subdivisions-tempest-video-game-mod
-brian
"Brought to you by the letter B"

IMG_1418 (resized).JPGIMG_1418 (resized).JPGIMG_1419 (resized).JPGIMG_1419 (resized).JPGIMG_1420 (resized).JPGIMG_1420 (resized).JPGIMG_1421 (resized).JPGIMG_1421 (resized).JPG
#12207 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Is tempest related to rush at all other than that 4 second clip in subdivisions? Is there another connection I don’t know about?
Serious question, I know rush has a long history.

no that's it as far as I know. although it re-occured quite a few times in the subdivisions video and if I recall correctly ended with the tempest game screen and it's the only game they featured the character playing.
also it's a great game to play especially if you are listening to rush.

there was also a pacman and 2 taito games (barely visible) in the video but those were just for a short second. I think it would be a cool toy to put all together with a little Neil Peart or Geddy or Alex playing them.

#12209 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Had the same problem. I ended up working with Scott Danesi at Pinballlife to figure out the issue. There is a bug in Stern's code that doesn't recognize the volume knob correctly if it is in between the detents/notches as the knob is turned into position. Stern is aware and a code fix is coming. The issue is only found with RUSH pins.
Temporary workaround: gently turn the knob until you can feel it resting in one of the notches before you turn on the pin.

I just saw this, I know it's unrelated to RUSH but it seems to be potentially the same problem. TMNT people with the headphone jacks also are reporting weird inability to boot. I"m betting this is the same issue (I've had the problem myself)

#12210 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Well I think it’s cool! Subdivisions is one of my favorite tracks in the game.

hah YES! Subdivisions is one of my favorite Rush tracks and one of my favorite tracks of all time. In fact I am tempted to buy a rush even though I have no space and my pinball budget is WAY blown already this year just because I want to play this song in a pinball game!

#12253 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My wife ( who begrudgingly went to one rush concert with me 20 years ago and hated every minute) :
"Oh, my God .. now I have Rush songs popping into my head all day long!"
Love it!

quick save your marriage..., sell me your RUSH at a discount lol

2 weeks later
#12483 1 year ago

Hi, we all know fellow rush fans are both nice as well as loyal and proud of Rush.
Those of you that are fortunate enough to own a Rush pinball
why not do the world a favor (by telling the world just how good Rush pinball is) (and helping me make enough to pay for a rush pinball *)

Show your love for Rush and pinball, and of course Rush Pinball!
With this custom T-shirt featuring the "Rush" starman, modified to be holding up a pinball and staring wonderingly into it's shiny round magical sphere.

Almost as if it was designed in anticipation that 45 years later they'd have a pinball game.

"I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful…” - 2112 Part 3: Discovery

Now when you wear this pinball, other rush pinball fans will immediately know the feeling your trying to convey to them, and people who don't will certainly ask you "What is that? and you can explain to them the joy of both rush and rush pinball.

unfortunately I cannot seem to link this well into my pinside shop (arcade-cabinets.com) as it uses a 3rd party T-shirt provider and I haven't figured out how to link it in without having to pay shipping twice so here's the link to the shirt on my etsy site. I also have mousepads and mugs.

* due to excessive spending on Keith Elwin designed pinballs in the last 6 months and Sterns crazy prices, I have to make enough money selling mods to pay for a rush pinball if I want one ... which I certainly do
---
anyway here's the link to the T-shirt

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1400728042

Mousepad
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1400734930/rush-pinball-starman-mouse-pad

Mug
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1414951755/rush-starman-pinball-black-mug-15oz
rushpinballshirt (resized).JPGrushpinballshirt (resized).JPGstarman (resized).pngstarman (resized).png

#12484 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Hi, we all know fellow rush fans are both nice as well as loyal and proud of Rush.
Those of you that are fortunate enough to own a Rush pinball
why not do the world a favor (by telling the world just how good Rush pinball is) (and helping me make enough to pay for a rush pinball *)
Show your love for Rush and pinball, and of course Rush Pinball!
With this custom T-shirt featuring the "Rush" starman, modified to be holding up a pinball and staring wonderingly into it's shiny round magical sphere.
Almost as if it was designed in anticipation that 45 years later they'd have a pinball game.
"I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful…” - 2112 Part 3: Discovery
Now when you wear this pinball, other rush pinball fans will immediately know the feeling your trying to convey to them, and people who don't will certainly ask you "What is that? and you can explain to them the joy of both rush and rush pinball.
unfortunately I cannot seem to link this well into my pinside shop (arcade-cabinets.com) as it uses a 3rd party T-shirt provider and I haven't figured out how to link it in without having to pay shipping twice so here's the link to the shirt on my etsy site. I also have mousepads and mugs.
* due to excessive spending on Keith Elwin designed pinballs in the last 6 months and Sterns crazy prices, I have to make enough money selling mods to pay for a rush pinball if I want one... which I certainly do.
---
anyway here's the link to the T-shirt
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1400728042
Mousepad
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1400734930/rush-pinball-starman-mouse-pad
Mug
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1414951755/rush-starman-pinball-black-mug-15oz[quoted image][quoted image]

#12605 1 year ago

Does anyone know if you can disable the ramp on the premium to stop the node board from melting itself?

#12609 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

You can disable it, but then you either need to wedge something under the ramp to hold it up for good shot flow, or you have to be ready to deal with a new dead-end shot that disabling the ramp creates since it will be down at all time. I can speak from experience that leaving the ramp as a dead end shot sucks.

ok thanks. darn, I was hoping that if the ramp could be disabled it would default to "always up" oh well. thanks for the response.

#12669 1 year ago

I just got my Rush premium yesterday, I ended up spending 8 hours reading posts about the node10 boards and found mine had the "Bad" crimps so soldered everything together (thanks to the people to did that node 10 "issues and non-issues" that was great work!.) and checked the node10 connectors too those where good. I really am concerned about Sterns quality assurance though.

I had bought a GZ premium in November and after about 10 games the building fell off. apparently whoever assembled it assembled it wrong luckily it didn't break anything and I was able to get diagrams from Stern on how to reassemble it (some of the pieces that were there were NOT in the manual, but in one of their support docs)

This Rush, had screws laying in the bottom of the box, an airball deflector that wasn't screwed into ANY of the supports, the glass that has a really bad bevel that sounds like it's scratching when you put it in or out of the game. (I put mylar on to wrap it), bad crimps on that ramp, and a coin holder that wasn't secured and bounching around the underside of the game, I'm sure I"ll find more issues.
really sad for a 9-10K product and if your the designer you have to be pissed that such an apparently great game has had such a bad experience for people in terms of qualtiy and parts melting and being useless for months.

I have yet to play it yet as I was up to 5:30AM trying to get everything up and running and solid. but once I get some sleep I"m excited to play it. I hope it doesn't melt down on me

-brian

#12673 1 year ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

Well they are a “lifestyle brand”..lol

lol. yeah.

2 weeks later
#12805 1 year ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I just installed my NinjaCamp spinner exit adjuster last night. It makes a world of difference. Every shot through the spinner now exits properly without kicking back out and exiting under the spinner. What a great, simple mod.

I also have installed the ninjacamp "everything" my NIB premium was almost unplayable before everything was rattling and rejecting. (to be fair I think it also was unlevel, I leveled initially on the glass which apparently was not level in regards to the playfield. but the VUK protector is sweet, the loop thing (left) the spinner thing and the shooter lane adjustment was really great before that even after everything else was working the rattling and loss of power/precision on the shooter was bad before the ninjacamps. I also put in his switch protectors. The only issue I had was the side scoop sleeves caused the ball to kind of trickle out and not go to the right top flipper which would only be a problem on the premium/LE. I just took that off on the side only (left the playfield scoop part on) I don't think a ball can physically hit that top anyway unless it's an airball. but all products really great. I love those switch protectors too.

#12810 1 year ago

I have to say I've really gotten into Rush myself. I am a huge rush fan and went to play it in November at an arcade after swearing I'd never buy a new Stern again after all their price hikes in the last 5 or so years. Unfortunately you couldn't hear the callouts and the playfields was dirty and SLOW (and I wasn't really a fan of the 70s cartoon art) and passed on it, I went back multiple times with the same feeling. But I ended up buying one anyway because... RUSH..and when you can actually hear it and the game is balanced correctly and clean and fast.... man it is a lot of fun and the more you play it the better it gets. I have to admit though I get so "zoned" out just listening to the music and hitting the ramps and shots I forget to actually try to hit the goals! Now I"m even finding I kind of like the cartoon art! anyway I"m really happy I decided to get it, it's so much fun.

#12836 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

My node 10 died again, so I took the opportunity to design a printable wedge to hold the ramp up in the proper position while I wait on another replacement.
If anyone wants a copy of the printable file, it's here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5913092
[quoted image]

Im curious did you have the "fixed" connectors on the ramp servo?

#12838 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

With my node replacement, received in late February, I received a new node and a new motor with the proper size pins in the 4 pin connector. Crimps looked good.
From what I read in the node 10 thread - a couple weeks after I got my kit, Stern decided to pulled back the replacement motors in favor of another new solution with a solid run of cables from the motor directly to the node. This eliminates the 4 pin in the middle altogether. So… I missed that by thiiiiiis much, it seems.

huh well hopefully their "new full run" solution will fix the problem once and for all, I hope they send you a new one too.

#12852 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Side rails would be nice. Rush is the first game where I’ve had wear near the flipper buttons (after 1200-ish games). I cut Mylar and installed it to prevent further wear. I did the same for LZ and STH, just to be safe.
[quoted image]

I read your mind 2 weeks ago...
I made generics ones for my rush
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/07922-stern-pinball-flipper-button-wear-protectors

then decided to make some custom bond ones. I"m planning on making some for Rush, but I"m trying to think of a more unique design than just the Rush logo or Starman. If you have any ideas please let me know. I really like the red cutout and want to do something but I"m not sure what to do. If I don't think of anything I'll probably just do the rush logo. but I was thinking maybe dice or the kids from roll the bones or the "hold your fire" dots (which might be perfect with the existing red button)

IMG_1797 (resized).JPGIMG_1797 (resized).JPG

IMG_1787 (resized).JPGIMG_1787 (resized).JPG

#12871 1 year ago
Quoted from Morehops4:

I like the Hold Your Fire idea. Even though Vapor Trails isn't one of the best albums, the cover art is goes well with pinball. Although it would probably be hard to reproduce. I vote for the owl...but that's only because I like owls!

here you go, I started making these last night before any suggestions came in. and it took me all day today as these were a pain (I tried like 10 versions of cut through and red "gel" inserts, but there was not enough light coming through, same with silver foil which was slightly better so I went with a solid but multi color option. These look pretty nice.

I'll also look into the "fly by night" owls cutout with a blue gel and maybe hold your fire, and any other ideas people are interested in (PM me if your interested in something specific) but for now I can make these "Snakes and arrows" ones if anyone wants any. I have two versions "thin 0.5mm" or thick "1.5mm" thick is the same thickness of the actual metal rails. Thin (0.5mm) is significantly cheaper. I'm really not sure I see an advantage for the thick ones myself but want to offer them if people want them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08017-stern-pinball-flipper-button-wear-protectors-2-for-rush
IMG_1816 (resized).jpgIMG_1816 (resized).jpg

#12886 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

here you go, I started making these last night before any suggestions came in. and it took me all day today as these were a pain (I tried like 10 versions of cut through and red "gel" inserts, but there was not enough light coming through, same with silver foil which was slightly better so I went with a solid but multi color option. These look pretty nice.
I'll also look into the "fly by night" owls cutout with a blue gel and maybe hold your fire, and any other ideas people are interested in (PM me if your interested in something specific) but for now I can make these "Snakes and arrows" ones if anyone wants any. I have two versions "thin 0.5mm" or thick "1.5mm" thick is the same thickness of the actual metal rails. Thin (0.5mm) is significantly cheaper. I'm really not sure I see an advantage for the thick ones myself but want to offer them if people want them.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08017-stern-pinball-flipper-button-wear-protectors-2-for-rush
[quoted image]

for those of you interested in the protectors, I decided not to continue with the snakes and arrows. the red was just too hard to see on the cabinet.
However I have a way way way better one.. as requested the "Fly by Night" owl.

owl1 (resized).JPGowl1 (resized).JPG

#12898 1 year ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Those look great! Just a heads up, your link above doesn't work -- you need to remove "edit" from the end of it. I'll have to see about picking a set of these up

whoops thanks! that should be fixed now I also added extra colors.

#12899 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This is fantastic. Is it pretty easy for me to change the color of the owl myself? Just looking for something to complement my Premium cabinet (maybe even white). I’m in for a pair regardless, thanks!

So I just added different colors for the owl. I also added a "no color" option that you can do yourself.
With the no color option the "blue" space is a void, you can put a thin piece of vinyl or color gels behind it to make it whatever you'd like.
the only problem is the cuts/stencil pieces without backing are fragile and you'll want to secure them to whatever you put behind them (I do that for you on the colored options)
since it's actually less work for me for cut through as it saves me the step of applying material, securing the loose parts of the stencil and then covering the back up with a sheet of adhesive paper to round it out, I've knocked down the "cut" through option by $5.00 off the color options.

I"ve also removed the lesser expensive thinner option as there's just too many choices with the colors and it doesn't really make much sense to go too think on there. (I had super thin on mine then realized it just better to have it thicker)

#12918 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

And most of us still laugh and just shake our head.
Shooter lane pics were the first sign of the home rich guy collectors that came into the hobby years ago. No one ever cared what the shooter lane looked like before the LE crowd came along.

I don't know I've been collecting pins since 2006 and the first thing I ask is for is shooter lane pics, as it's the easiest way to guestimate on the overall condition of the rest of the playfield and if I want to continue to even bother. I find the shooter lanes seem to take more damage faster than the rest of the playfield. So if the shooter lane looks crappy more than likely the rest of the game will look crappy. you can ask for pics of the other parts (which I do) but often I find those can be deceiving. so If I see a crappy shooter lane I usually just pass.

in my opinion a closeup of the shooter lane is the easiest way to let me know the condition that I can expect the rest of the game to be in. (now certainly the seller coudl send a pic of another perfect shooter lane... but that's another story)

#12948 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Another win. Congrats Jon + Team
[quoted image]

wow that is cool. I was just thinking out amazing this game before right before I read this. That said I still credit much of the awesome ness it to the music of Rush. I cannot stop playing it because I don't want the music to end. also it's re-introduced me to songs I forgot about taht I never realized i love so much (bastille day, working man for example) I'm half tempted just to play rush on headphones whenever I play any pinball and see how that feels

#13047 1 year ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

Topper is way too expensive for what it is. At $600-900 they probably would've had me.
Ordered Expression Lights though - that'll actually make a difference.
Hold onto your current software, just in case the update(s) screw with too many things to try to force a topper purchase.

I would say wow "$1700 for not $50 of plastic, and electronics, great price gouging stern" for the topper... but then I just bought the expression lights which probably has a bigger profit margin. (the LEDS cannot be worth $2.00 and same with the electronics to control them)" but the lights do look soooo cool and with the music it will be exciting to see them on the actual game.

#13149 1 year ago

does anyone have a topper yet. I'm not buying one at that price point, but I'd be very interesting in seeing what's behind it.
I'm guessing it's a node 10 board + a led driver board or two + a stepper motor? I'd be very interested in seeing some close up pictures if anyone has one.
Just for fun I took apart my AIQ topper yesterday and it's a node board + two led driver boards + some leds.

#13151 1 year ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

It’s easy to talk about how expensive the topper is but consider how many hours of engineering go into that, and how much money is spent on tooling and considering that probably best case they’re going to produce no more than 1000 of them it seems to make sense to charge that kind of pricing. That said it’s too rich for my blood.

I don't know as an computer engineer. I can safely say the engineering required for that level of complexity is like a two week project for an college intern (ok maybe 2 weeks for a fast intern to whole summer for a slower one)

I mean if they were designing all the electronics that's another story, but certainly they are just re-using existing node boards and hardware. The tooling for mechanical development can be (and probably is) 3d printed first, but I'm sure it's a no-brainer for their existing engineering department and their CAD software I'd doubt more than 1-2 weeks max effort max for the mechanical engineers full life cycle. Definitely a large initial cost for professional production etc but if your estimates on sales is correct and that seems likely. that's a 1.8 gross revenue before costs I mean that's not a ton of money but it's a healthy margin for the amount of actual work I imagine to make it. That said I'm not complaining everyone wants to get the max they can get for their product, it only makes sense. It doesn't surprise me people will pay for it when they also are dropping 7-10K on a "game".

I'm actually curious how far they can push the pricing on this stuff. I"ve never been a fan of mods or toppers recently but now I'm modding my games like crazy and I just got my first topper the other day so I'm sure I'll be heading down that rabbit hole... sigh

I'm also curious how much the wholesale price is vs the end user price, just from a business standpoint.

#13154 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I wonder if this topper somehow connects into the ramp and node 10 board?

More than likely it has its own node board. I say the node 10 board as it has gears so more than likely it has a stepper motor and we know the node 10 board has a stepper motor driver.

My AIQ has a node board and 2 simple led driver boards (or it looks like that from a quick look) and just a few physical led lights.

#13156 1 year ago

non accessory related question. Has anyone updated their code and found their flipper flipping by itself? normally I'd think this is a physical issue but being that it just started today after a code update and my game has pretty low plays (6 weeks old?) I figured it would be silly to rule it (new code) out.

#13177 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

In a world where a Rush Premium basically costs $9.5-$10k depending on tax/shipping… is a $1.5K topper really all that crazy?
The crazy part, to me, is the fact that the game is right around 10 grand. Yes, I’m complicit in helping to create those prices, but remember when WOZ at $6.5K sounded bat shit nuts?

lol yup. I remember those days.
I remember back in 2010 or so when Tron was coming out which I wanted, but Stern raised there prices so after your sub MSRP pricing the NIB price (Shipped) price jumped from 3900-4000 to a whooping $4500 and I said "that's it, I'm out". I think at that time Stern also swore up and down their customers were operators not home users (and certainly not a lifestyle brand), (about the time Jersey Jack stopped selling Sterns and started his own pinball line... times have changed)

#13213 12 months ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I 100% agree with this. I don’t quite understand how those on here that claim to be in the hobby since the “good ole days” complain so much about increased prices in what is a “HOBBY”. What was the price back then for eggs, peanut butter, gas, or a Ford truck? Technology and innovation comes with a price. Those prices are also driven by market demand. Right now, demand is at an all time high. Anyone who went to TPF can attest to that….Yes, does Stern price to maximize their return? Sure they do. But I don’t think them or the other companies are sitting back laughing at everyone for buying these accessories. Nobody should be angry at the ones that do buy these accessories. This is a sign of a very healthy market. Just my opinion…

very very valid point. I was worried back in 2008? 2010 that Stern would go out of business and there would be no more pinball (at that point only Stern existed, JJP was just a Stern reseller) so it's good, also we should all realize how lucky we are that we are fortunate enough in life to be able to own and play a pinball when so many can barely hold things down week to week, and that Stern made RUSH! I actually used to think "man it would be funny (and awesome) if Stern made a RUSH" I never thought they actually would (I also never expected to see a Iron Maiden pinball made) Maiden seems more "obvious" as it has a unique theme and art package, but I didn't think I'd ever see a Rush. I stopped buying pinballs back in 2018 and said to myself, "I'm done, the only thing that will get me to buy another pinball is if they make a Rush pinball (believing that would NEVER happen)"... of course they did and now I bought a couple other pinballs too

#13277 12 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

I broke down and I put my deposit down today.
It's not a rational decision at all - rationalization is definitely possible the get the credit card out though. RUSH!!!!!!

I have a friend who had a good quote that might sum this up

"Moderation in everything, including moderation"

Enjoy your accessories when you get them! you only live once.
(On a side note I actually bought Rush too because my love of rush, I acctually did not like the art at all, and the broken down one I played without being able to hear it at a arcade did not impress me. once I actually got it though, could hear it and played a clean fast machine..... it's certainly one of my all time favorites and right now I cannot stop playing it)

#13393 11 months ago
Quoted from kmad:

Ignorance and prejudice
And fear walk hand in hand

this is by far one of my favorite Rush tracks I'm surprised it's so "obscure" relative to their other songs. I do like on the premium how they made reference to it in the artwork though (probably completely unintentionally) with the picture from moving pictures of the "witch" being burned

#13400 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

I added this to my LE as a nod to that song. If anyone is passing on the Stern lit shooter this is a nice add. And I had great customer service from Tilt Graphics (I guess their first run was drilled incorrectly, they were easy to work with for a replacement) so I'm happy to suggest it!
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/rush-shooter-plate
[quoted image]

Can you post a picture of the shooter plate on your machine? I like that a lot and would definitely buy that though I'm not sure if I'd like the gold frame of the picture frame. I'd love to see it on a machine to see how it looks.

#13418 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Here ya go! I just didn't have one at the time I made the earlier post.
[quoted image]

oh thanks that especially looks perfect with the color of the LE!

1 week later
#13580 11 months ago

is the scoop supposed to shoot straight down the middle when ejecting? mine shoots down there probably 90% of the time literally right down the middle.. I have the ninja camp scoop protector and the metal top scoop protector on it, not sure if that affects it. I"m thinking probably being that the game does a ball save almost always on this I'm guessing this is supposed to happen. The problem is often the ball will bounce before going in the through and the ball save times out which is frustrating. I"m thinking of putting some foam on the metal behind the through to stop it from bouncing. but just wondering if everyone's eject goes STDM or if it's just me?

#13597 11 months ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

What do you mean with the top metal scoop protector, the sleeve over the scoop, or Stern’s hole protector? Just making sure you’re not doubling up on the hole protectors, I’m sure that would cause issue. Need to make sure the NC protector is sitting flush in the hole, and not causing any blockage during eject.
The already mentioned adjustment fixes this for most people, turning it just a little more counterclockwise. Shouldn’t have to adjust any power setting.

thanks for the info. I have the hole protector and scoop sleeve (and removed the original factory). I'll open it up and check the fit.

#13598 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Loosen the screws holding the scoop and twist it as far counterclockwise , from underneath, as you can. It won't move much but thats all it takes.

thanks!

#13609 11 months ago

thanks, adjusting the protector seemed to fix it, I also put a piece of 3M doublesided adhesive tape on the inside of the protector against the wood to hold it extra flush. unfortunately when I took it off I see the clearcoat is lifting like a piece of paper ;( the wood is OK and the clearcoat is not chipping but it's seperated from the edge I put on some mylar under the protector to hold it down and give it a little more protection.

-brian

#13617 11 months ago

For future reference, you can use the clear Hard as Nails nail polish, to cover and protect the exposed wood areas. Shooter lane, scoop holes, ect... Just be delicate on how you apply it, smooth application.

nice! thanks for the tip. that's good to know for sure.

-brian

2 weeks later
#13854 11 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Well if I'm not happy Stern will hear about it. $140 is crazy money and it should be perfect.

I think there are a chunk of people that will never buy Rush just because of the theme. I get it. No matter how good Elton John is when it comes out, I'm not buying it. Just no interest in the theme or songs, at least not in a pin.

Agreed I don’t think a theme can make a game as much as it can break a game. There are band game themes where the game is supposedly great but i just cannot get into the band and don’t want to listen to the music… so I’ll never buy them. So glad rush is… well.. rush and a band I love!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13857 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This is Foo for me.
Not just bands tho... GZ for me.
Every release this year, is the same. No interest on any of the new releases outside of playing it on location.
Will be an interesting day when something comes along I MUST have as I have a two pin limit, so one would have to go, or I must pass.
That will be a tough day .

lol I thought the same thing about GZ... until I played it, the theme didn't turn me off but didn't do anything for me. Oddly enough I saw it when going to check out Rush originally and played it while waiting to play Rush, I fell in love with Godzilla now I love the theme and even want to watch the old movies.

I think though bands are even worse if your not a fan, I mean most non band themes are generic enough you can not pay attention, but music you don't like especially one where it's a "concert" is just off putting. I actually really hate the concert theme regardless of band. There are a few band games that don't make it the generic "concert/band" feel (Iron maiden and foo fighters I can think off, it is nice cause it's not concert related I'm not necessarily a foo fighters fan (dont dislike them either), but I played the game in a place where you cannot hear the music like most places you'd play pinball, the theme becomes "saturday morning cartoon about alients" which is nice.

I actually have a foo on order as it was a really cool design and I enjoyed it the 2 times I played it. I never listed to their music, but I heard Dave Grohl was a big rush fan so hopefully once i listen to their music more I'll find it's hopefully have influences of Rush and the other bands like rush that I do like.

#13860 11 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

lol I thought the same thing about GZ... until I played it, the theme didn't turn me off but didn't do anything for me. Oddly enough I saw it when going to check out Rush originally and played it while waiting to play Rush, and at the place I was paying you couldn't hear the rush music or call outs so I didn't really like rush at first. I fell in love with Godzilla now I love the theme and even want to watch the old movies.

I think though bands are even worse if your not a fan, I mean most non band themes are generic enough you can not pay attention, but music you don't like especially one where it's a "concert" is just off putting. I actually really hate the concert theme regardless of band. There are a few band games that don't make it the generic "concert/band" feel (Iron maiden and foo fighters I can think off, it is nice cause it's not concert related I'm not necessarily a foo fighters fan (dont dislike them either), but I played the game in a place where you cannot hear the music like most places you'd play pinball, the theme becomes "saturday morning cartoon about alients" which is nice.

Quoted from squaresville:

I'm by no means a FF expert, but from what songs I've listened to and heard from talking to my wife, who's been a fan since before we met, I get the impression their music is less directly inspired by Rush and rather the band mirrors Rush's outlook of taking their music very seriously and caring about the craft while taking themselves much less seriously. And that I can get behind.

I can get behind that too the cartoon ness of the game I played in a bar was really cool, really enjoyable.

#13876 11 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

After a few months, we realized we were getting frustrated with a few of the design flaws of this game.
I installed ninjacamp inner loop, VUK, and shooter lane fixes. While I put these off because I thought they were a little pricey, after getting his scoop protector I had fath. Let me just say that these are game changers. It plays like it should have been tweaked to play from the factory now.
My son had been getting pissed at the ripoffs and rejected shots and he was right in thinking that the flaws should never have made it to production. Now it's like butter and makes the game so much better, highly recommend!

I hear that. I got the game and was immediately disappointed in the first day or two almost to the point of wishing I didn't buy it due to the constant rejections and rattling. putting the ninjacamp mods on changed the game completely now it's smooth and amazing like it should be and one of my favorite games.

#13908 11 months ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Anyone with a pro get the side armor? I’m thinking about it for my pro. Want to see how it looks on the pro.

if you don't like the side armor (I kind of am tired of the starman everywhere myself, but then again I put the starman over the hinge bolt/hinges) I have a much cheaper easy to install side armor "fly by night owl" in silver, red, blue and "transparent") I've got the blue on my own premium.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08017-pinbawlers-flipper-button-wear-protectors-for-rush-

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#13910 11 months ago

This isn't necessarily Rush related, but I'm starting to think Stern specifically makes the artwork on the pro better than the premiums on purpose.
I don't konw why but all the premiums I"ve bought I think I end up liking the art on the pro better. is this a way of getting people who want the extra playfield stuff of the premium to upgrade to the LE for the better art? lol

I think I like the art and the translite of the pro better than my premium, same with TMNT, I have a pro and passed on the premium when one came up cheap (same price as pro basically) basically because I didn't like the art as much

#13911 11 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I have had to slightly fold the head when replacing rails to get that one out on all modern sterns. They just like fucking with us. Keep the rails in case you want to swap back. Also I have built up a spare set of metal for spike machines so I can have them powdered without pulling the current ones of the game. Then just do the swap and still have an extra set.

This is one of the things I hate about the stern armor, is getting those bolts out and back in are a pain. That and having the rail fall off while your tryig to get everything off and scratch up your side art. I used to buy the armor immediately upon a new game and then would have it sit there for weeks as I'd never want to do the swap. lol congrats though on your armor purchase though!

#13912 11 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

This is one of the things I hate about the stern armor, is getting those bolts out and back in are a pain. That and having the rail fall off while your tryig to get everything off and scratch up your side art. I used to buy the armor immediately upon a new game and then would have it sit there for weeks as I'd never want to do the swap. lol congrats though on your armor purchase though! I do like the way they did the color starman on this one

#13913 11 months ago
Quoted from Bill2112Rush:

Now, a question for you guys with more experience: is there a demand or use for the old rails? What are they worth?

I doubt the old rails are worth much I have 3-4 of them taking up space in my basement from when I used to swap out all my rails with the full armor.

#13917 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

You may want to post this fact in the JP Home Pin owners forum. They've been known to trim them and use them. I don't know if they're economical to ship, but they may find homes there.

Quoted from arcyallen:

You may want to post this fact in the JP Home Pin owners forum. They've been known to trim them and use them. I don't know if they're economical to ship, but they may find homes there.

Intersting I would have figured the home pin had the same physical cabinet if nothing but for economy of scale and easy of production..
now I'm curious what's in that thing

#13931 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Exciting the toys are coming, the toys are coming!
So, another new mod, I have the wizard mod apron cover and just added these killer apron cards to complement.... Super high quality photos.
Available on eBay. I think the credits card comes in pro, premium, and Le and the art matches the back glass of each.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like that apron, I wonder if the pro apron would fit the premium? I know that sounds stupid. but with how stern makes so many things different on different models un-necessarily I wouldn't doubt that they'd be different dimensions. I know they are made of different material and attach differently for some ungodly reason. That's actually one thing I don't mind if stern would skimp on. I see no reason to make the aprons out of metal on the premium and attach more annoyingly. (2 bolts underneath as well as the front), and sometimes the metal scratches up the playfield. There I wouldn't mind if they made the premiums apron out of plastic and put the savings into something more useful like better shooter rods/shooter housing. I'm not sure why but all the stern shooters from the factory I've seen recently seem to be crappy both the rods and the housings (metal on metal issues after xyz games). I've actually had to replace my godzilla housing and rod already and might need to replace some others. oddly enough here again they put metal in the shooter rod where other systems had plastic tubes like the solenoids tubes that you could easily replace when they got worn down which seems both more economical as well as a better maintaince choice.

Now that I'm thinking about it, stern could really use a "owner/player" consultant to tell them where they can improve things and not skimp out over skimping out. You'd think theyd be experts at this, but they seem to do some things that really leave me scratching my head.

-brian

#13948 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

When I see all of you get excited and you can't stop talking about buying $140 (or $180!) shooter knobs, or $1700 toppers, I shake my head and think "Wow, this is absurd and ridiculous!".
Then I remember I excitedly own and can't stop talking about my half dozen pins worth $3k-$11k/each, and I'm sure many of my friends and family shake their heads and think "Wow, this is absurd and ridiculous!".
Thanks for the perspective, mirror!

When people think pinballs are absurd and ridiculous I look around where I live and see people driving 80+K - 250K cars and think "how stupid"
I'd much rather have 10 x 10K pins than a 100K car
pinball is at least fun and a work of art. but to each his own I suppose.

#13951 11 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Yep. My neighbor always makes comments about my "$10,000 pinballs" but he drives a $90,000 RAM pickup that is depreciating in the driveway. I have only lost money on a pin once and it was $300.

amen brother! I feel the same way I stared collecting arcades in 1997 and pinballs a few years later assuming it was pure loss financially as most hobbies. and 20+ years later all my stuff has went up (sometimes significantly) in value. not bad for something that I get to use and enjoy.

#13975 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Really the reality is, for me, is I inspected this when it came in and scrutinized it.. definitely on there cheap side quality wise, has flaws. . Installed, fine, done. I'm probably not going to look at it much but now and then at a distance .. I'm about fine 5 hours later, so stern gets away with it but they should know the people demand better. Value lacking. Armor 250? Make me a nice shooter for 250 and make the armor 140.

That’s too bad I hope stern learns soon that you cannot keep shoving junk down people’s throats esp at these luxury prices. Maybe when they were the only player in town and they still have the advantage but if any of the startups pomball companies get there processes refined stern will be in trouble he’ll if they lose Elwin or danger as designers i think they are in trouble.

Same thing with insider connect. The hardware costs not $10 for the parts and that’s retail (like Amazon) prices not wholesale prices. saying it’s a $200 wholesale cost like they did in there “we have to raise prices announcement” is just outrageous. That’s said they’ve been blessed with some great games on the last few years and I honestly think the covid and supply chain issues worked to there advantage.

#13976 11 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Anybody else got expression lights? It looks like only a few folks have posted getting them so far. I ordered pretty soon after they went the flip n out website.

Lol I was worring my order mayve did not go through. I just emailed Nichole@flip out today to verify she. Confirmed my order was placed but that they did not receive them yet.

#13995 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Sorry to drive the complaining stake into everybody's heart that has ordered. Maybe you'll find me too picky and just too hard to please when you get yours. It's not to the point I'm not using it. It's staying, but I want Stern to know that they need to do better and flex their muscle to demand the same quality from their vendors that their customers do. And quit deciding what's good enough and sending out "cheap china crap" when they charge 250 for metal plates (armor) which really seems extravagant, they should have made a nicer shooter that I can be proud of and admire the look and feel of it in my hand, and charge me $250 for it too..... it's better than feeling like you spent $160 (shipped) on what looks and feels like a $50-$75 product.
I mean if Stern was given a sample of a proto of what the product was and it looked like the finished product and they approved it? Shame on them. If they got a sample of the product from a company that did a bait and switch and then started pumping out these low quality than I'd be punching them in the teeth when my legal department, . And making a statement and making good to their customers. But that would require honesty, integrity, values, taking ownership. Those kinds of things seems live under rugs... Just like Node 10. It's a pattern. WTF? My coffee is hitting the bloodstream fast this morning,.

I agree I don’t think people here (paying 7-14k) for a single game have issues with paying good money for something, but yeah if your charging top dollar have some honor and intergrity and give people what they paid for. I make inexpensive but nice products and if anyone ever does not like what I send I give them their money back basically no questions asked and ask what I can do better. I was always taught do the best you can it’s your name on the line. Do a shitty job even once and it will erase all the good work you’ve done in the past.

#14084 10 months ago

I'm playing with making some new designs for my protectors a kind of "upgraded or "premium" edition.
something longer and more like the long stern armor but still super easy attach and... well... much much much more fairly priced.

does anyone have any strong feelings or ideas for rush protectors ideas?
I was thinking of replicating my rush fly by night owl design. but looking for other ideas?
(please not the star man again, I'm starman'ed out, and Stern has a starman armor design (although a bit pricy but it exists)

here's some ideas for generic longer shapes I'm thinking off though also open to cool ideas for armor shape.
if anyone has any ideas they'd like to see about the "insert art" or shape of the armor please PM me or respond to the thread.

IMG_2300 (resized).JPGIMG_2300 (resized).JPG
#14087 10 months ago

How about MMCXII, Roman numerals for 2112.
Or since it’s based around the Time Machine tour, what about Rash?

interesting I do miss seeing roman numberals on everything. I was just thinking that I never see them on movies anymore etc (though maybe I just am not looking) that would definitely be cool.

In regards to Rash what where you thinking ? the name in the rush font or something else?
I wonder maybe too roman numerals 1974 for when they started (at least as the Rush we all know and love) and on the other side 2020 for when Neil Peart died and Rush ended?

#14096 10 months ago

Geez if they are that bad I’m half tempted to buy a bunch of clear red ones and laser the tops to put the starman in and sell them for 1/2 of the price I’ve got a new laser cutter coming “sometime” that can do taller objects like a shooter rod. That’s just sad. If I were Gary stern I’d be ashamed of having my last name associated with junk.

#14101 10 months ago
Quoted from Magicman:I'm hearing lots of complaints about the shooter quality, the lack of transparency from Stern on various issues, the cost of the topper, and pre-pay for accessories and then crickets on delivery schedules. Also general quality control. All of these points are valid. One side of my EL went out shortly after I got my NIB game, and it took almost a year to get a replacement. But I did finally get it, and I must say that Adam in customer service was a big help in solving that problem. It's legitimate to expect Stern to live up to their service agreements - especially at these prices for new games. Things like bad node boards, etc.
Now the truth that hurts. Some of you guys will buy ANYTHING Stern or a mod maker puts out there for your Rush game - regardless of quality or cost. You continue to support the preorder model, the outrageous cost of a topper (not to mention the long wait times), and will pay over $100 for a shooter that many people - myself included - thinks looks like something from the Wal-mart toy section. I don't say this to hurt anyone's feelings, and this is just my own perspective on some of these issues after having read almost every post in this thread over the past year. But if you knowingly overpay for toppers, and buy shooters that you know ahead of time look like crap, or if you are willing to pay in advance for items with no promise of a delivery date, then you must shoulder some of the blame for Stern's less than stellar business practices.
If you want better from Stern, then demand better by using or not using your wallet. That's called purchasing power. I absolutely love my game, and the mods I've installed. Mod makers like Ninjacamp and Gameroom Mods just to name a couple have greatly improved this game, helping to solve known issues, and those guys firmly stand behind their mods. But I have to say, there are a few Rush owners on this forum that would seemingly buy Rush lollypops if someone makes them, and then complain about how they look or taste. We, as customers, have not only the power to influence Stern's business practices, but a responsibility to hold them to a higher standard when they let us down. Otherwise, we have no right to complain or expect better from them.

100% agree. if it' weren't for the fact that the last few years stern has had amazingly fun games, I would not continue to buy.
I think they got really lucky with Keith Elwin and what looks to be Jack Danger, the games are fresh and just fun in a completely different way than pins have been in the last 20 years.. and Rush of course is just also amazing. But quality has fallen apart. I ordered a godzilla after playing 2 games on it I loved it so much. When it arrived within 10 games litterally during the building attack multiball start, my building literally fell off (no joke) (it was clearly assembled/fastened) incorrectly. The shooter rods on all my recent sterns are just trash and bind up after 200 games the buttons feel cheap and "stick". My rush came with I don't know how many screws laying in the box, plastics not screwed in, glass with sharp/non beveled edges, whole thing needed ninja camps to play well, I don't remeber what else but there was a bunch of poor QA issues.. If the other companies put out intriguing games and high quality Stern would be in trouble especially if their new designers decided to go somewhere else unfortunately with the exception of Jersey Jack, I haven't seen any games that look interesting in my opinion. though that might just be that I have less access to other vendors games to see in person.

#14102 10 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

100% agree. if it' weren't for the fact that the last few years stern has had amazingly fun games, I would not continue to buy.
I think they got really lucky with Keith Elwin and what looks to be Jack Danger, the games are fresh and just fun in a completely different way than pins have been in the last 20 years.. and Rush of course is just also amazing. But quality has fallen apart. I ordered a godzilla after playing 2 games on it I loved it so much. When it arrived within 10 games litterally during the building attack multiball start, my building literally fell off (no joke) (it was clearly assembled/fastened) incorrectly. The shooter rods on all my recent sterns are just trash and bind up after 200 games the buttons feel cheap and "stick". My rush came with I don't know how many screws laying in the box, plastics not screwed in, glass with sharp/non beveled edges, whole thing needed ninja camps to play well, I don't remeber what else but there was a bunch of poor QA issues.. If the other companies put out intriguing games and high quality Stern would be in trouble especially if their new designers decided to go somewhere else unfortunately with the exception of Jersey Jack, I haven't seen any games that look interesting in my opinion. though that might just be that I have less access to other vendors games to see in person.

oh and the edges of the metal???? do their suppliers not know how to smooth the edges of metal so you don't slice your hands every time you clean/wax the playfield and even brush your hand near the metal? I mean it's almost like they are trying to slice your fingers or hands off.

#14119 10 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

It's the same reason the glass is no longer polished on the edges. The polishing costs more. They pay less for metal guides that don't get finish work. We're seeing burrs on the metal inlane guides now too.

oh don't get me started on that. that was the case on one of my inlane guides. I got pissed off removed it and filed it down myself as I didn't want it nicking my balls and then causing enhanced playfield damage.

#14120 10 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

My standard solution for redirecting scoops has been the same for 40 years: bend the curved metal. This works for scoops without welded braces (like Rush). I understand some folks are hestitant to do this, but it works. Easy peasy. I use a pair of vice grips with a clean rag to prevent any surface marks. Doesn't take much change to prevent SDTM ejects.

bend how? like bend down? I imagine that's the only way it could bend, but if so does that help? I"m trying to thing of the trigonometry of that to see how it would change direction. I'd be interested in trying that myself if it helps. mines not too bad, but it still goes STDM more thank I"d like.

#14126 10 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Put a twist in it. Doesn’t take much.

hmm interesting. thanks for the info.

#14134 10 months ago

Hey all I have a new button armor coming for Stern machines I call them the deLuxE armor.
they are longer and more curvy (and more expensive) and closer resemble the armor on the LE models (in terms of shape)

For these it's not economical to do them order by order because they are made completely differently and the process as well as getting material is more time consuming and expensive and well as creation so to make things more efficient and keep prices reasonable I"m hoping to only do these once every so often.

This is a pre-order for a hopefully end of May run
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08505-pinbawlers-deluxe-armor-pre-order

The "sheen" made be changed as right now it's just a bit "Flatter/matte" than the factory rails, I'm hoping to make them just a touch more glossy.

IMG_2363 (resized).JPGIMG_2363 (resized).JPGgz (resized).JPGgz (resized).JPG

IMG_2362 (resized).JPGIMG_2362 (resized).JPG
#14140 10 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Rush was not on the production schedule for 2023. And Stern has said it’s not currently on the schedule for 2024. The license ends next year.
What are the chances they renew the license?
Small

zero.

I'm 1/2 tempted to buy another and hold it. Even with Rush being pretty niche it's got to go up in value. I mean if strangers things is worth alot now... this game is way better. (that said I only played ST once and immediately hated it)

1 week later
#14480 10 months ago
Quoted from usafstars:

DiabloRush is correct. It doesn’t take much. Just grab half of the scoop from the right side with a cloth and pliers and give it a small bend downwards. That should help push the ball toward the left flipper. May take a few tries but I’m sure you’ll get the right angle.

this worked surprisingly well for me. thanks for the tip. Now Rush plays "right"

#14632 10 months ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I am jealous of you lifelong Rush fans that have seen them live and have been anticipating a Rush pin for years. Y’all got a game for the ages.
[quoted image]

I used to joke to myself when I swore I'd never buy another pinball again (this was back in 2016 ) and I said "well... maybe if stern makes an Iron Maiden or Rush pinball I"ll change my mind" I said that as a joke figuring they would never even consider making one. When they made iron maiden I was surprised but I could see that angle especially with the Eddie and all that cool artwork and concepts, but when they made Iron Maiden I still didn't think ever in a million years theyd make Rush. I figured I'd see and "Asia" or "Yes" pinball before I saw Rush ... note to Stern please don't make an Asia pinball, because I'd have to buy that just to see the artwork on it.

#14633 10 months ago
Quoted from whistlervan:

Same. I received an updated invoice on another pin - asked a simple question about the upcoming pin which was answered, and nicely asked about expression lights, and the EL question was just completely ignored.
If they have received so many questions about them (according to the recent podcast) instead of being frustrated at the customers for asking, it would only take a few minutes to send out a mass blind carbon copy e-mail update to everyone waiting that they don't know when they are getting it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I get the podcast is comical at times but that definitely left a negative feeling for me.
Note - I have had extremely positive experiences since I bought my first pins from them, but I think this Rush accessories situation is causing stress on all sides so I'm trying to have a little grace.

I actually bought from Flipnout's website a few minutes after it was announced. I did contact them about a week or two after others started posting they were getting theirs and they responded quickly and politely as always. They must have really gotten screwed with this from Stern. I won't lie 2 weeks or so ago after seeing another distributor had them and pinball life had them... I bought another set from another distributor that I knew had them in stock as I was worrying that maybe Stern screwed up and maybe some distributors got screwed and I wouldn't get mine. I already got my "2nd" order.

When they (the first order) arrive I guess I'll have another set as I'm not going to cancel my order at this point, I'll just hold them and sell them in a few years or maybe re-purpose them if I get another game that has expression lights (I know the art won't match... I'll figure something out) more than likely I'll just sell them or keep them as a spare.

#14664 10 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Why not sell them to someone in the community to enjoy?

oh I'd certainly sell them when I get them. but I figure there are probably plenty to go around so the only people that will want to buy from me will probably want a large discount since you can buy them new from the vendors (now). I'd certainly sell when I get them if someone wanted to re-emburse me 100% my cost. but since the set that's coming is from flipnout and I'm guessing for some reason they are going to be the last to get them. they'll be plenty to go around. if I"m wrong Id gladly sell them to a rush fan at my cost (but not at a discount) last time I checked pinballlife has them in stock and jason @ classicgamerooms had them 2 weeks ago.

#14665 10 months ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Or trade with someone that bought a set of Led Zeppelin Expression Lights for their Rush because it didn’t seem like Stern was ever going to release them. (ME! LOL) They’re brand new never installed!

your thinking is not wrong I wasn't sure they'd make them either.

#14666 10 months ago

Some people will say you don't have to, but I did and it was my first time ever doing it. Stern makes it pretty easy, with just a few connectors you have to disconnect and then lift the playfield out. I had someone nearby to make sure I wasn't overloaded lifting it out on my own, but it wasn't very difficult at all.
Jack Danger has a quick video going over the process with his adorable daughter:

I removed the playfield. youprobalby don't have to but removing the playfield makes it SO easy to put the artblades on and is not hard to do. the hardest part is getting the playfield safely in and out as the molex connectors always seem to get stuck on something (like the lockdown bar "clips") while your trying to pull the playfield out

do be careful when moving in and out I almost broke my rigth ramp as it got stuck. if you have a second set of hands it's helpful but not necessary if your careful and go slow.

#14667 10 months ago

Expression Lights came in on Friday from my order made with Great American Pinball the moment they were available. Installed this afternoon and, of course Rush is an incredible game based on rules and playfield alone, but, man, THIS is the game that my wife and I fell in love with and had to have when we first played an LE at the Oviedo, FL Pinball Lounge back in November.
I get that it's just lights, but EL adds such a layer of coolness and joy, especially being super Rush the band fans, having the lights sync with songs we have such an attachment to. It's just awesome.
I hope they continue to produce kits so anyone with a pro/premium who wants them can have access. Gonna say to ExSquid and anyone else looking for mod suggestions: number one, top of the list.

100% correct. I was amazed just how great they look and how they really do add to the game, maybe not in game play but "overall experience" worth every penny of the $500.00

#14668 10 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

PRO on order! Finally! Been drooling over this game for months and months.

congrats. you will not regret this pinball!

3 weeks later
#15245 9 months ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

I wish I could take credit but this was all Tim Sexton, shepherding his Rush baby to perfection I did fix that pesky wildcard bug and made more generous add a ball ball saver time so I’ll take a bow for that

thank you!!! the extra ball save time will be a huge fix on the situation where the scoop goes odd and shoots STDM and then hits oddly and doesn't go down the ball through hole right away but bounces away for just enough time to miss the ball save! That always happened to me just when I was about to finish a mode or something I never did before! that extra couple seconds will be perfect!

2 weeks later
#15562 8 months ago

does anyone with a premium know if there are any plastic or rubber spacers on the bolts holding the vuk wireform down in back.
I could have sworn there were but if there were I think I lost mine. if there are does anyone know the details how many there are and how high each is?

-thanks
brian

#15565 8 months ago

For the exit wire form, no. Just nuts and washers.

Sorry I mean for the part where the wire form attaches near the VUK itself in the back leftish corner

-thanks in advance
brian

rush (resized).pngrush (resized).png
#15578 8 months ago
Quoted from usafstars:

On my LE it's just a nut and washer on top of the wire form.

ok thanks for the info!

#15608 8 months ago

Oh interesting thanks for that. I though I had one on mine.thanks much for the answer

1 month later
#16306 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinballbuyer:

Thanks to the few that emailed me and asked about my ramp mod today. I am generally not a fan of short run 180 ramps, that is why I made a standard ramp. But, I told a customer I would try another version of my mod today using a short 180. Its too late to take a video as my son is sleeping. I will post one tomorrow at somepoint. The ramp and wireform functions well. It involves removing the left lane blocking wall as the new ramp is replacing it.
There is a difference in this mod and others. This work is done by hand. Not a printer. Everything is tig welded, stoned, sanded, polished, waxed and playtested. It includes a gated switch assembly, wiring, (not alligator clips), hardware, ramp and wireform. Everything is stainless steel. Its a higher cost of materials and labor to get this result. I will make these for anyone interested, it just wont be until after pintastic as I am prepping work just for that show. I want to modify the next set a hair more, but you can see what it is going to be. I need to figure out materials and labor time for a price. I will post that on Loganpinball.com soon. If your interested please email [email protected]. I limit my time on pinside.
Thanks, Jay
I will post video here:::

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

very cool, I have the premium so I don't need that ramp, but it looks like a super nice upgrade for a pro!
and if I had a pro I'd certainly buy that in a second, as that's probably the only main difference play wise between the two.

-brian

2 months later
#17223 4 months ago

hello if anyone new to the the club has taken advantage of the great prices on this (totally way underrated game) (much like the totally underrated band, it's based on would like to get some of my deluxe armor for it. I have it again.

I have a new version that's easier for me to make and thus $10.00 cheaper than my old version.

it's on my pinside shop at

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08017-pinbawlers-flipper-button-wear-protectors-for-rush-

thanks and happy holidays!

rush-deluxe-v2.0 (resized).JPGrush-deluxe-v2.0 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com
Unisex
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rehoboth Beach, DE
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 300.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 430.00
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 49.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brzezicki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=brzezicki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.