20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 358.
#1351 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Can someone confirm.....when you have the scoops set up to hold the ball in the lock, and then you drain, does it go through ball search before spitting the ball back out of the lock?

yes, this is happening.....ball drains, then ball search.

So perhaps,we are not supposed to be locking balls "always" at this point

#1352 2 years ago

Folks keep debating about my pictures regarding possible pitting and wear and who knows what -- I did my best to take clear pics but they can always deceiving and there's always glare and artifacts.

I obviously see wear around the inside of the scoop, more on the right side than the left. I dont see any damage to the painted areas of the playfield outside the scoop protector. I can't see much of anything under the scoop protector, because well, it's there.

Here's video that might help, as moving around helps discern what's glare and what's not. Clearly the worst of the damage so far is the inner right wall of the scoop but I have no definitive indications that the top surface of the playfield has sustained damaged.

Debate away, but I'm not removing the protector to inspect for further wear unless/until I see something definitive about warranty -- you folks talking about removal-voids-warranty have me spooked.

This is my LE about 110 games.

#1353 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Folks keep debating about my pictures regarding possible pitting and wear and who knows what -- I did my best to take clear pics but they can always deceiving and there's always glare and artifacts.
I obviously see wear around the inside of the scoop, more on the right side than the left. I dont see any damage to the painted areas of the playfield outside the scoop protector. I can't see much of anything under the scoop protector, because well, it's there.
Here's video that might help, as moving around helps discern what's glare and what's not. Clearly the worst of the damage so far is the inner right wall of the scoop but I have no definitive indications that the top surface of the playfield has sustained damaged.
Debate away, but I'm not removing the protector to inspect for further wear unless/until I see something definitive about warranty -- you folks talking about removal-voids-warranty have me spooked.

Thanks for sharing the video, great clear close up view. I’m more surprised to see the inside right side had some wear.

#1354 2 years ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Thanks for sharing the video, great clear close up view. I’m more surprised to see the inside right side had some wear.

Yeah I managed to capture that pretty well in pics in one of the previous posts, see the first two pics in https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/23#post-6796292

#1355 2 years ago

I played Rush LE at Arcade Monsters Oviedo. They set it up today.

Guys It's really F ING good. I got goosebumps playing it. Combos are really satisfying and multipliers add risk reward. Call outs great. Borg Off set flippers great. Flippers had more travel then most pins making traps easier. Longer ball times. Best spinner in pinball? Yes. It's up there with Metallica and ACDC but with deeper rules and collects.

Code was deeper than I expected. I need to dive deeper. Not sure what the screen was showing me. I collected a weapon. Combos are key. My last game I blew it up.

GC 3 Billion!
20220225_150826 (resized).jpg20220225_150826 (resized).jpg20220225_185210 (resized).jpg20220225_185210 (resized).jpg

#1356 2 years ago

First impressions…… floored!

The greatest pinball experience of my life has been for about the last 30 minutes now! I don’t know what to say but I will update as soon as I can collect myself. For interests its the pinball machine of a lifetime, without question. The abundance of crisp aspects are incredibly eye pleasing! Too many to cover yet.

Here’s a quick video.

#1357 2 years ago

All 3 Rush flyers have been added to the flyer database: https://nypinball.com/new-flyers/

#1358 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I played Rush LE at Arcade Monsters Oviedo. They set it up today.
Guys It's really F ING good. I got goosebumps playing it. Combos are really satisfying and multipliers add risk reward. Call outs great. Borg Off set flippers great. Flippers had more travel then most pins making traps easier. Longer ball times. Best spinner in pinball? Yes. It's up there with Metallica and ACDC but with deeper rules and collects.
Code was deeper than I expected. I need to dive deeper. Not sure what the screen was showing me. I collected a weapon. Combos are key. My last game I blew it up.
GC 3 Billion!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow.. Well done.

Impressed when I see an LE available for public play. Pretty sweet.

#1359 2 years ago

Curious to see more folks comment on the LE scoop after continuing to play more

#1360 2 years ago

Pulled the glass off and all looks great .The protectors are starting to get beat up but I’ll chalk that up to they’re doing the job .Installed .89 .Watched Flipin Outs stream with RD in chat .Starting to understand a lot more.Finally, I said that it might rival IMDN as this house’s GOAT.I change my mind ,it is already challenging the spot .Thanks to everyone involved in the making of this pin !!! This is the absolute best NIB experience I’ve had yet (3) and it just keeps getting better .Fing .89 lmao where is this one headed ?

#1361 2 years ago

Oh, I had it too steep yesterday .Dead nuts between the lines and perfect level across the front and back .Shooting like a dream that I don’t want to end

#1362 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

The LE has a functioning protector- I wouldn’t tell anyone to take it off. The first run pros are in different boat.

Your scoop is fine. You are always going to get the wood showing some contact like that unless it has a mantis style protector. What matters is when the impact area starts becoming a crater.

I do hope the updated protector includes the side coverage because the game does wear the hole on both the left and right side of the scoop. The le stopgap doesn’t… but we are told it is not the final iteration.

#1363 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The LE has a functioning protector- I wouldn’t tell anyone to take it off. The first run pros are in different boat.
Your scoop is fine. You are always going to get the wood showing some contact like that unless it has a mantis style protector. What matters is when the impact area starts becoming a crater.
I do hope the updated protector includes the side coverage because the game does wear the hole on both the left and right side of the scoop. The le stopgap doesn’t… but we are told it is not the final iteration.

If the wood is still exposed after the final fix from Stern, I will put a thin coat of clear 2 part epoxy inside to protect it. I've done this on other machines and it worked pretty well.

#1364 2 years ago
5D556DE4-8355-40F5-B55C-9E65635D18D0 (resized).png5D556DE4-8355-40F5-B55C-9E65635D18D0 (resized).png
#1365 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's just lying there. It would get no more damaged than every other cliffy protector used out there that lay on top of the PF just like this. This is a nuthingburger.

It goes the other way - Stern hasn't told people it will void their warranty, just people are assuming Stern will screw them. Where's the link for that?
Where as we contacted Stern BEFORE removing the protector for their grace. My position is from our Support ticket with Stern.. not people just assuming what will happen.

the exact wording i got from Stern in a tech support emails is this " It is highly recommend to not remove the scoop from your game for it may affect games warranty." this was a couple weeks after the game was released. I'm at about the limit of being able to salvage my original scoop. hopefully the improved one will be released soon.

#1366 2 years ago

Here's the response I got from Stern. I've had the Pro for almost 2 weeks now and it's unplayable ... unless I want to slide the glass off and push the ball down every few minutes. They say removing the protector may affect the warranty. I'm a newbie, surely other games must have similar scoops. This doesn't seem like rocket science. How long does it take to fix this? #FRUSTRATED

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1367 2 years ago
Quoted from the_carmanizer:

They say removing the protector may affect the warranty.

The warranty that doesn't cover the playfield or anything attached to it? That warranty?

#1368 2 years ago

Fellow LE owner asked for pics of my Start button installed on the LE ... figured I'd just share em here in case others wanted to see.

20220220_014706 (resized).jpg20220220_014706 (resized).jpg20220220_014757 (resized).jpg20220220_014757 (resized).jpg20220220_014804 (resized).jpg20220220_014804 (resized).jpg
#1369 2 years ago

♥️♥️

69A4BE8C-4C1A-4197-8E3C-DE82661A166D (resized).jpeg69A4BE8C-4C1A-4197-8E3C-DE82661A166D (resized).jpeg
#1370 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

the exact wording i got from Stern in a tech support emails is this " It is highly recommend to not remove the scoop from your game for it may affect games warranty." this was a couple weeks after the game was released. I'm at about the limit of being able to salvage my original scoop. hopefully the improved one will be released soon.

If you got one of the operator games as an operator then my conversation with Stern would have been about making a determination of 'may' -- because those games are at the front of the line for specific reasons... they 'may' want to consider how to keep those games on location and accessible.

#1371 2 years ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

♥️♥️
[quoted image]

Too cool....and I've got the mount for them in my shop. Just double check the diameter of the sticks being 14mm. I believe that they are....

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1227-willipinball-mods/05872-rush-steampunk-gears-drumstick-mounts

#1372 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Fellow LE owner asked for pics of my Start button installed on the LE ... figured I'd just share em here in case others wanted to see.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet. Just need the machine now!!!

#1373 2 years ago

Just a couple of blurbs about fine tuning so far. I’ll be the first to admit I am no expert.

I did set the flipper strength to normal (default hard) and then turned it back to hard. I figured I’d stay on the same page as stern for this so far. The ball does get airborne however.

I turned the music impedance to -25 (default 0) and it was significantly louder.

Adjusted both the black box and cab equalizers to replicate what I use in a stereo for rock music (left high, mid middle, right high). Not sure if this is correct for a pin but it seems to sound strong.

Updated via wireless to .89 and it took about 45min.

Those are the only changes so far. The pin is amazing with an incredible light and sound show. Great flow and super fast.

#1374 2 years ago

When I first unboxed mine on Sunday I had an issue with the flippers going dead during the first two-to-four games. It already had the 0.88 code on it, which had just came out. After that, I played it for about a week with no issues at all.

Tonight, I played about six games then installed 0.89. On the first game I started having the flippers go dead again.
I went into diagnostics and ran the Tech Report and it came up with nothing.

Is anybody else having this issue?

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the installation of new code and just needs a couple of games to get things ironed out.

#1375 2 years ago

There are 21 Rush LE games in the marketplace currently. I can't wait to look in a month at what percentage of the total were straight flips. Pretty heavy competition currently.

#1376 2 years ago

I set my scoop up to lock the ball like some others mentioned on here.

The first time, it locked the first ball and auto-launched the second ball. When the second ball locked it did nothing. It just sat there for a while then did two ball searches before it kicked both balls out of the scoop.

The second time around, it worked correctly.

I installed 0.89 and it locked the ball but I have to manually launch the next one. (I haven't looked but maybe that a change in the code update).

Speaking of launching the ball.... I'm also having the issue someone else brought up on here with a soft launch for the skill shot acting like it's hitting something right when it gets to the ramp. When the ball trickles back down it auto-launches. If you pull the plunger back all the way it launches fine. Has anybody figured that one out?

#1377 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

When I first unboxed mine on Sunday I had an issue with the flippers going dead during the first two-to-four games. It already had the 0.88 code on it, which had just came out. After that, I played it for about a week with no issues at all.
Tonight, I played about six games then installed 0.89. On the first game I started having the flippers go dead again.
I went into diagnostics and ran the Tech Report and it came up with nothing.
Is anybody else having this issue?
I'm wondering if it has something to do with the installation of new code and just needs a couple of games to get things ironed out.

Is it JUST the flippers that go dead, or the lights and everything and the machine reboots?

If it's just the flippers sounds like you just have a loose connection on a node board. Did you reseat all the connectors and tug on the wires going into the connectors to make sure none were loose in the housing? I would check them all on node 8 (the rectangular board near the flippers) but concentrate on connector CN8 on node 8 which is power to the flippers.

If it's NOT only the flippers, but you lose lights, too, I'd look at the power supply. If it's falling below 48v output, the machine can reset. Do you have a multimeter to measure the output and make sure it's 48v?

If all that checks out, I'd take a look at reimaging an SD card and replacing the one Stern shipped you with the machine. They're total crap and not above failing out of the box. If they're flaky your machine can do weird things. A replacement at bestbuy (don't buy off ebay or amazon, too many counterfeits) is like $10-$15. Instructions on re-imaging here:
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

#1379 2 years ago

Very happy with this cover up.

23481EE8-92DC-4C74-A3F5-02F4BA8D09F6 (resized).jpeg23481EE8-92DC-4C74-A3F5-02F4BA8D09F6 (resized).jpeg7B384CE0-D5CE-442D-8B6D-A4EBE94E6821 (resized).jpeg7B384CE0-D5CE-442D-8B6D-A4EBE94E6821 (resized).jpeg
#1380 2 years ago

Are the leds under the song mode inserts rgb? It'd be nice if they were lit to match the song's target record color. I'm too feeble minded to remember which one is which. (I don't think this mapping is on the display either?)

#1381 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Are the leds under the song mode inserts rgb? It'd be nice if they were lit to match the song's target record color. I'm too feeble minded to remember which one is which.

This might help a bit.

https://pinmonk.com/products/copy-of-rush-owl-eye-light-bleed-blocker

#1382 2 years ago

I think this is the one he's looking for.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/05848-rush-mode-color-insert-bracket-set

EDIT: Weird that the URL on pinmonk.com isn't right, though the page is. I'll have to fix that.

#1383 2 years ago

Nice. This seems like a must have. I'm kind of surprised those lights aren't colored out of the factory given the rules approach.

#1384 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Nice. This seems like a must have. I'm kind of surprised those lights aren't colored out of the factory given the rules approach.

Agree. They weren’t on Iron Maiden either.
Not a bad alternative.

#1385 2 years ago

Playing well but having an issue where the auto plunge button is not registering both when plunging and entering initials. I lights up and springs fine but not registering? Any ideas what might cause this. Lockdown bar is buckled and seems to be in place. Thanks.

#1386 2 years ago

For reference it works when I remove the button and press it with my finger, but it seems like it has to travel far to register.

8808C092-6E36-4F90-91EA-248F3017735E (resized).jpeg8808C092-6E36-4F90-91EA-248F3017735E (resized).jpeg
#1387 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

For reference it works when I remove the button and press it with my finger, but it seems like it has to travel far to register.
[quoted image]

Bend the back blade of the switch closer. My Godzilla was the same way. The back blade was just too far away to make contact when the button was depressing the front blade. (It can also not work if the lower blade is too close and always making contact)

#1388 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bend the back blade of the switch closer. My Godzilla was the same way. The back blade was just too far away to make contact when the button was depressing the front blade.

You are referring to pressing down on the top of the brass piece to make it closer to the opto light? Thank you

#1389 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

You are referring to pressing down on the top of the brass piece to make it closer to the opto light? Thank you

No, the short blade underneath.

You can see which one is your problem by going into switch test mode with the lockdown bar off. If you lift up on the blade with the nub then let go and the switch registers with the white block on the screen (see example below), the back blade is too close. Otherwise if you press on the nub hard and it registers, then the bottom is too far away.

If it's not registering because the blades are too far apart, you want to bring the back part of the switch up towards the longer piece with the plastic nub on it.

HOWEVER, if the back blade is too close and the button is always depressed, then it also will not work. In that case you need to bend the the back blade AWAY so it's not making contact until the top one is pressed down.
action button blade (resized).jpgaction button blade (resized).jpg

14-pedal-pressed (resized).jpg14-pedal-pressed (resized).jpg15-pedal-released (resized).jpg15-pedal-released (resized).jpg

#1390 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, the short blade underneath.
If it's not registering because the blades are too far apart, you want to bring the back part of the switch up towards the longer piece with the plastic nub on it.
[quoted image]

Thank you. That worked perfectly. Very appreciated!

#1391 2 years ago

Got it! Appreciate you. The language that guides you through the process on the machine is…less than satisfactory haha.

Quoted from flynnibus:

mpdpvdpin
In registration in the game menu, you scan YOUR code... you don't need to read the QR codes from the game at all. it's the other direction.. you tell the game who YOU are, and it talks to the cloud.
Setup network
goto IC setup, scan YOUR Insider Pro account QR code
Then goto Insider webpage to accept the registration and assign it to a location

#1392 2 years ago

Flippergate be damned, I had to set it up and play a few games. I was able to connect to WiFi & register - but the game wouldn’t get far in the update process & would stop. Not sure if it’s cuz I’m far from my router or some other issue. I updated it with USB instead.

Only played a handful of games & have no idea WTF I’m doing - but it is thrilling to play. The expression light shows to my favorite songs just makes it so enjoyable. Fast play, great combos, Canadian accents - it’s everything you could want!

Hopefully I’ll figure out the rules eventually…but
I think it’s like AC/DC in the sense that even if I never get all the nuance, it just makes me happy playing it.

#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Flippergate be damned, I had to set it up and play a few games. I was able to connect to WiFi & register - but the game wouldn’t get far in the update process & would stop. Not sure if it’s cuz I’m far from my router or some other issue. I updated it with USB instead.
Only played a handful of games & have no idea WTF I’m doing - but it is thrilling to play. The expression light shows to my favorite songs just makes it so enjoyable. Fast play, great combos, Canadian accents - it’s everything you could want!
Hopefully I’ll figure out the rules eventually…but
I think it’s like AC/DC in the sense that even if I never get all the nuance, it just makes me happy playing it.

Just keep shooting the 123 combos. Build up the clock. Upgrade the instruments with the left drops. Start modes. Add a ball. What are the inlanes for? Not sure.

#1394 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you got one of the operator games as an operator then my conversation with Stern would have been about making a determination of 'may' -- because those games are at the front of the line for specific reasons... they 'may' want to consider how to keep those games on location and accessible.

Yes. Why on earth do they want operators to have to turn off a game or lane a brand new game broken

#1395 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

The warranty that doesn't cover the playfield or anything attached to it? That warranty?

I was wondering the same thing. What is the actual warranty?

#1396 2 years ago
Quoted from kmad:

Kind of depends how up to bat your distro is, from the past issues I’ve dealt with. Little things and tsb kits stern is good at sending. Big ticket items you need that distro help

#1397 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

What are the inlanes for? Not sure.

The inlanes light the mystery award at the front scoop.

#1398 2 years ago
Quoted from kmad:

Well, here is what is printed in the manual. The kicker is that the warranty starts on the day it ships from Stern, not when you get the game. If you buy a game that's been sitting at a distributor for 6 months, it could be out of warranty already.

Of course, Stern and distributors are pretty good at helping customers out despite what the warranty says. I've had a distributor send me a node board even though the game was 1 year old, I was the second owner and it was routed previously. But it is comical what Stern's actual warranty says.

Screenshot_20220226-082452 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220226-082452 (resized).png

#1399 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Well, here is what is printed in the manual. The kicker is that the warranty starts on the day it ships from Stern, not when you get the game. If you buy a game that's been sitting at a distributor for 6 months, it could be out of warranty already.
Of course, Stern and distributors are pretty good at helping customers out despite what the warranty says. I've had a distributor send me a node board even though the game was 1 year old, I was the second owner and it was routed previously. But it is comical what Stern's actual warranty says.
[quoted image]

That's just to cover their asses. When it comes down to it, they've replaced defective parts for me that they know were problematic and not caused by the user. My t-rex head on JP got swapped out nearly a year after I bought it because there were issues right out of the box.

#1400 2 years ago

I know this is the club thread and know most here (similar to myself) are probably big Rush fans, but I just got my LE and played it several times last night and feel a bit like I am missing something that everyone else is seeing.

Did you all immediately like the game? Because (so far anyway) I am not feeling any love for this game. Feels like the 2 scoops are like a black hole in the center of the playfield sucking everything into it… and the ruleset feels (again, so far) confusing and chaotic. Hoping with more plays something will click for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.