20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duderegular.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12218 1 year ago

Brought home a Rush Premium over the weekend. My two main issues are rejects at the VUK and Loops rarely registering. I ordered the ninjacamp mod for the vuk and the gameroom mod for the loop. Hopefully those help out.

Question about the light above the side scoop. I noticed once I light the first lock the green light above the scoop lights. It seems to stay lit once the first ball is locked even though the second lock isn't actually lit. Hitting the side scoop simply results in the ball getting ejected. Can anyone "shed some light" on what the green bulb is indicating in this circumstance? Thanks

#12232 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

It is to indicate that you have a ball locked. (#3 below)
1. Both scoop lights off: no lock
2. Top scoop light flashing: Lock enabled for Far Cry
3. Top scoop light solid: Ball locked for Far Cry, second lock not enabled yet
4. Both scoops lights flashing: Hit either scoop to start Far Cry multiball
At factory settings, you need to hit the standups around the right ramp, then the ramp itself, to enable the lock each time. The difficulty can be adjusted in the settings.

Thanks for the rundown. Very helpful.

#12284 1 year ago

Installed the NinjaCamp VUK mod and the Gameroommods Loop mod today. No rejects on the VUK shot so far. I had one or two really fast shots not catch on the loop, but its a huge improvement where only very slow rollers would register before. I may try to tweak the switch a bit next. Thanks to both crews there for the nice addons.

#12343 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Unfortunately, I am often too lazy to scan my phone into the Insider Connector and simply just play.

Have you heard of the home team option? You don't need to scan. Just hold the left flipper before starting the game and it lets you log in. Great feature. You set it up in the connected menu. It also auto works on any other connected games.

#12345 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

What? Really? I saw that but I assumed it was just a feature to put a group of people together in the same team or something..
Right now I have a Rush Signals backstage pass card hanging off my shooter rod with a rubber band and I put my QR code on it for easy access...[quoted image]

Ya its a really great feature. Set it up!

#12348 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I get it now... Home team isn't a team of people, it's the "team" of your home IC machines (which in my case it's a individual sport}. Gotcha.

It also allows multiple folks accounts to be on it. I think it tops out around 8.

#12370 1 year ago

Cracked the billion point mark tonight. This game is good. I think I need to upgrade the speakers next.

#12498 1 year ago

Put in some Infinity speakers and a bigger cab speaker last night. This game really benefits from improved sound. Flow for days. Loving it.

#12579 1 year ago

9.6 Billion game tonight. Got through both the Cygnus books and ended at year 2106. I had maybe 4 extra balls. I still don't feel like I have any idea what I am doing in this game. There is so much going on. My previous high score was 1.6 billion or so. I have frequent games under 50 million too.

1 month later
#12997 1 year ago
Quoted from amazing_egghead:

I recently got my dream Rush pin NIB, but I'm still a newb at all-things-pinball, so any sage advice will be greatly appreciated: My Rush Premium arrived running 0.97, so when I go to install the new code update, should I use the Quick Update or the Full Update to get it up to 1.10? Does it matter that my pin is behind on code updates?

Yes update it. You can use the wifi to update via insider connected as well. Otherwise, quick seems to work fine. Use full if you have an issue.

#13059 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

It absolutely is. I got a LZ kit on my Rush pro and it completely changed the look of the game. Every single song has its own unique light show and there are some special effects tied to skill shots, Fly By Night multiball has a great blackout/dimming effect and more. If you plan on keeping Rush for a while, you need the EL kit.

That and with the rumors of Rush not going back on the line this year along with a bunch of TWIPY wins.... This game is going to be more sought after. Drop in some fancy lights and you should not lose any money at all on them. PS5 isn't in scalper territory any more last I saw so it will only go down.

3 weeks later
#13702 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

It wasn't my game but it did happen at least twice in different games. Hard to really say if it was software or hardware related. Lights and flippers went dead for about a second or two during multiball; but it picked right back up where it left off (unlike a reboot).

That sounds like a node board getting flaky.

1 week later
#13898 11 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

hi guys
i'm thinking to loan a RUSH PRO, but than, as i havent followed the pin/topic here, is the code (1.18 as i can see) full/complete as it ?
tanx

Very complete. Really great full ruleset.

#13960 11 months ago

Anybody else got expression lights? It looks like only a few folks have posted getting them so far. I ordered pretty soon after they went the flip n out website.

#14004 11 months ago

Facebook posting disclaimer, as in not my info

Dude posted saying Rush has been discontinued.

Screenshot_20230503-162435.pngScreenshot_20230503-162435.png
#14033 11 months ago
Quoted from etr104:

I've got a Rush Premium. Lately I've been having an occasional issue with balls 'overshooting' the "dead end lane" VUK and getting stuck under the plastic in there. Ball search generally vibrates the ball back into the VUK where it's returned via the wireform as usual. But I'm looking at the game and I don't know if something is broken or missing, but I don't see anything at the back of the 'dead end' lane, nothing to prevent it from end up under that plastic. I won't be able to take the glass off for a day or two to get a decent picture, but can somebody explain what is supposed to stop the ball if it skips past the VUK in the dead end lane? And if anyone is able, a picture of this area would be great.

Never had mind get stuck there, but did have a ton of bounce outs. The Ninja Camp VUK mod was a huge help.

1 week later
#14306 11 months ago

Didn't expect the expression lights to not be delivered after paying in full a month and a half ago.

#14348 11 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Crickets from Flip n Out regarding my fully-paid in the first hour topper order. I sent an email a few days ago gently enquiring on status, haven't heard a thing back. I hate to be a pest, seriously, would just like some acknowledgement that they are aware I have a fully paid order. Anyone else order from FNO and hear back or receive anything?

Nothing heard.

3 weeks later
#14994 10 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Does anyone have any idea why my Rush is launching all balls to the shooter lane from the trough? Just started happening yesterday...

Check if the balls are magnetized, if so replace them. Also reseating the connections on the trough boards can help too.

3 weeks later
#15502 9 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Terry's aftermarket rails are the only ones that don't have screw holes. Any official Stern rails have them. I can't imagine why you'd want the lollipop section just flapping away, unsecured. Any slaps to save the ball, will just bang the unsecured metal into the cabinet underneath and defeat the purpose. I've never bought Terry's rails because of hearing about others complain that they flair out and don't sit tight to the cabinet. This was years ago and maybe new ones are better.

I have the godzilla rails and didn't put the screw in the bottom... Not flapping at all. For home use, I would not worry about it. On location, ya probably would install the screw.

1 week later
#15613 9 months ago
Quoted from SuperProfe:

I've started noticing that once every few games, before I can launch a ball, one of the drum bumpers will go off and make it so I cannot do a skill shot due to having registered points. Has this happened to anyone else?

I would check the leaf switch under the pops and adjust them with a lead adjustment tool. Get one for sure if you don't have one. Marco's or pinball life both sell them.

#15673 9 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Skip the machine oil: Super Lube

Super lube is the stuff I use. Really improves spinner action.

Also saw that Expression Light kits due November per flipnout. Credit 27dnast for asking on the regular. Not a big fan of 500 plus shipping being gone since late march.

#15675 9 months ago
Quoted from leeoneil:

Hello everyone !
I have a new problem on my (almost) new rush premium.
Very strange : the 3 right roll over switches are not working during a game, but there are working during switch test (there making a sound).
When a ball exit on the right outlane, and there is still the ball save, no reaction (it used to be instant ball save)
Impossible to build the mystery...
Some times it register, but I don't know why and when, difficult to see it while playing.
Did any of you experienced this kind of failure by any chance ?

If it is multiple, I would start by checking connections. Follow your wires from those switches back, they may all join in a connector to a node. Check, re-seat, then in switch test was the screen to see if the correct stuff is registering, don't only rely on the sound.

#15678 9 months ago
Quoted from leeoneil:

Thank's man, I don't know if it's your good mojo or your advice, but it worked !

Just following the cable, check the connection on the node, unplug/plug again, launch a game and that's it, it's working !
A pinball in good condition is so much stafisfying.. Aaaand, on top of that, I made my best score with this "test play".
Just for information, during the tests, the correct switch were coming on screen (not just the sounds).
Thank's all for your help, much appreciated !
Big_Whoopin thank's for the advice, it can be useful in the future !

Awesome man, glad to hear it. Got to keep that mystery building up for all those add a ball opportunities.

#15742 9 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Wire was traced everything looks good , reseated everything. A buddy of mine who fixed my cactus canyon used the multimeter on Rush when he was over and found nothing wrong. He couldn’t figure it out either.

If the socket itself has been tested to have good voltage, and you have checked with known good bulbs, then look at the socket itself. You may need to adjust/pinch it a bit to get good contact, and possibly the spring in the bottom is too compressed or has bound down. If the bulb can't get the power, then you get no light.

#15841 8 months ago
Quoted from Big_G:

I never said it wasn’t. All I did was share my DIY here so anyone interested could benefit from it. Vespula posted a DIY vs pinwoofer post and my response was I wanted to “know” the components I was installing and do it my way incrementally. I’m glad everyone is happy with pinwoofer and maybe I screwed up and should’ve bought that instead. You guys are far too defensive about your pinwoofer upgrade but what do I know, I only have one pin and been on here for 51 days so that must make me an idiot.

Do your thing man. That DIY audio thread is great. I for one would like to hear more on your amp/bluetooth experiences. Are you dropping the volume on in game music and pumping in other audio? Do you still hear the callouts pretty well?

#15982 8 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Pro is very much faster. The VUK slows the game down a lot, especially on multiball.
Shots are the same on both but I agree, the premium /LE feels very different.

What are the general thoughts on feeding the upper flipper via the time machine on pro vs premium? I would imagine I would appreciate the ramp being up all the time actually assuming the ball exits the back and goes to the right. Mine does more often than not during multiball with the ramp up. However the ramp isn't up all the time!

#15991 8 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

They behave the same way. On the Pro, the magnet catches the ball and drops it any time the ramp wouldn't be up on the Premium.

Thanks, I played the pro before I owned the game and didn't grasp all the details then.

1 week later
#16125 8 months ago

Expression lights ordered on March 28th arrived today. No tracking info was sent, they just showed up.

#16127 8 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Flippn Out I assume?
Mine arrived also. Same, absolutely no communication.
Unfortuately I am leaving for vacation so they will have to wait for a couple of weeks. Just my luck!

Love that translight!

Yep

#16153 8 months ago

Got my lights installed. Really nice upgrade. Well integrated. Played through a few song modes and liked them all so far. Limelight is pretty cool for sure.

#16175 8 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

kool1 You taking your playfield out for your EL's? If not let me know how it goes. I'm planning on doing mine without taking the PF out.

I left the playfield in. With the playfield raised, hold it up with one hand, slide the bottom to the back of the rails, then you can slide the EL in without any trouble. Just make sure you are keeping a hand on the playfield so it doesn't move.

#16178 8 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

OK thanks. The art blades go down a lot more into the cabinet than the usual ones how did you fair with those? Pain in the ass or not to bad?

I have done mirror and art blades a few times now without removing the play field as well. For art blades, a spray bottle with some water and a bit of dish soap works great to get them lined up. A couple of spring clamps with a cloth or rag helps keep them situated too.

#16284 8 months ago
Quoted from lospugs:

Drained trying to finish La Villa, with the last multiball (Subdivisions) ready to go in the time machine. Should have forgotten about La Villa and gone for the MB to at least get one of the wizard modes right?

Or started the multiball and hopefully lucked into finishing the song and got both the cygnus books lined up.

1 week later
#16335 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Has anyone made custom code for Rush? I'm going to turn my attention now to adding interesting attract mode videos but don't want to re-invent the wheel.
No, def not using that odd, animated YYZ video. Stock concert footage is 10x better than that oddness.

I haven't seen anything on custom code for Rush. If you could get YYZ playing as on of the chosen start of ball tracks that would rock.

2 weeks later
#16463 7 months ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

Having a problem with my LE that just started to happen. The opto in the side scoop is not registering. In fact, I'm not even sure it Is getting power as you can't see the red light reflection that you can see from the other optos when the game is on.
So I changed out the optos. Still nothing. I even took the main scoop optos and plugged them into the connectors for the side scoop optos and then the main optos didn't work. It seems the two sets of optos are daisy chained together, so can't figure out how one set can get power but one doesn't?
Anyone have any suggestions or had this happen to them?

Check continuity?

1 week later
#16519 6 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I just wish this thread (and all the owners threads) actually had more talk about gameplay instead of being 95% mods and toppers. I'll still follow along here anyway in case gameplay ever actually comes up again

Totally agree. There are a few games that have tech/mod threads to go along with the regular one which is good. Godzilla has a mod thread though and the owners thread is still nearly all mods and new owner issues.

#16534 6 months ago

Nothing wrong with enjoying your game however you want whether it be rocking out, shooting for wizard modes, maxing out scores/multipliers, etc. The good thing about some of the strategy talk though is it can help with pretty much all of those. Want to have more songs to rock out to? Well lets focus on getting to the mini wizard modes. Then you can pick Cygnus from the song picker. Want a huge score? here are some good places to put early rainbow multipliers. Want to see the end, maybe try to time your multiball to help with this song mode, etc.

#16570 6 months ago
Quoted from Groo:

The drops never do pop back up except on a drain I believe. I've toggled that switch as well thinking I could lock one, then they pop up and lock the next one. Thanks for the info though, I will try that.

When you knock them all down you should see white inserts all over. Hit one to reset the drops. The drops follow very similar rules to TWD. Whichever insert is flashing when you hit the first is what you will collect. You need all three. So timing it for at least the first one can be important. Typically I would shoot for the top one as the bottom tends to be dangerous on my machine.

2 weeks later
#16687 6 months ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Well we have had our Rush Premium for less then a week now.
Played tons of games with no issue.
But last night during a 4 player game the flippers suddenly went very soradic. They would flip sometimes but not others.
Also all the lights on the lower half of the playfield started flickering on and off.
Game is now unplayable because resetting the game had no effect.
Also went over all the cables to make sure nothing had worked its way loose. All looks good.
I need to call Stern but I am at work and forgot to get my game serial number.

That is likely an issue with the node board near the flippers. Reseat your connectors, even if it doesn't look like they need it as a first step.

#16692 6 months ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Thanks.
I looked it over, but I will pull them out and reseat before I call Stern later.

When you are in there look to make sure each wire is nicely seated within its connector. All it takes is one flaky connection for things to not work right.

#16779 6 months ago

2112 challenge mode is pretty cool. Constant 6 ball multiball at least for a bit.

3 weeks later
#17085 5 months ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Any idea which sound setting controls the sound effects like the slings, pops, targets and spinner noises.
They are way too loud compared to the music and callouts.
But the only sound settings are Speech and music so I’m guessing they must be lumped in with one of those. Just not sure which because no matter how I set it the damn effects sounds are just to overpowering.

Up the volume on speech and music then turn the overall volume down so its all closer to what you want?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duderegular.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.