20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 358.
#9151 1 year ago

So, my wife(not a Rush fan), just had a great weekend with this game. After a couple small maintenance adjustments I did Saturday, she had a great game yesterday(Grand Champion high score) and today(Red Barchetta multiball champion).

Needless to say, she’s been mentioning it all weekend about “Did you happen to see the high score?” She’s even getting into back talking Alex & Geddy, with their call outs, lol. It’s really entertaining seeing a non Rush fan really enjoy the machine. I think she’s also taking pride in helping to get the LZ light strips installed, she’s now becoming one with the machine

#9152 1 year ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Here's a question that I'm sure has been answered, but I cannot find it because a search for the significant words has too many hits inside this topic, and on the web.
I hate starting La Villa Strangiato via the Time Machine because I cannot finish it. I'm running the latest code (0.98). I get to a point in the 2nd half of the progression and there are no more purple arrows telling me what to do, just the jazzy soft music playing in the background. Is this a code error? Or am I just missing an arrow - like maybe the arrow for the upper flipper shot is not obvious? I'm about to take the glass off in order to see if it can be completed.
Anyhow, can one finish the mode?

As kbenson13 mentioned, this is almost certainly due to the poor visibility of the inserts in the inner loop. LVS mode does eventually get to that shot -- but since you can't see that it's lit from where you're standing, it looks like there's NOTHING lit and you'll think you're stuck.

This is where NinjaCamps Exit Stage Left mod -- or a well placed mirror -- will really help out.

My only complaints in the layout of this game are the inner loop inserts, and the window for the subway. It's almost like they forgot players stand at the end of the machine and not hovering over it looking straight down like a tournament camera.

#9153 1 year ago

NC scoop protector installed.

100% much easier to installed it, than to remove the old one (which is a pain in the ass BTW).

Looks and plays great, another excellent mode from NC. Directions are not too bad for following to install it but it's funny how at the end they tell you that everything is sharp, be careful not to cut yourself. I would have put that as a precaution at the beginning of the directions and not the end.

2022-08-27 14.19.34 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 14.19.34 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 15.58.10 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 15.58.10 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 16.44.25 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 16.44.25 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 16.44.31 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 16.44.31 (resized).jpg

2022-08-27 18.30.03 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 18.30.03 (resized).jpg
#9154 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

probably more like 'not a big enough deal/consequence' to pursue. We home hobbyists just want perfection from our games... Stern's 'tolerances' are far looser.

but that's a huge issue when it comes to these "head to head" events where people are competing on different machines. I can make mine play silky smooth which creates an unfair advantage to someone playing an [on location] machine.

#9155 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Looks and plays great, another excellent mode from NC. Directions are not too bad for following to install it but it's funny how at the end they tell you that everything is sharp, be careful not to cut yourself. I would have put that as a precaution at the beginning of the directions and not the end.

LOL. I noticed that as well, but I agree on all counts that this mod was worth installing. I have had 0 issues with this mod after hundreds of plays. Highly recommended.

#9156 1 year ago

I also installed the Cliffy over the weekend as well but I am not sure how to straighten it out or if it just ok the way it is? There really is no way that I can see to turn it...

2022-08-27 17.59.05 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 17.59.05 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 18.01.26 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 18.01.26 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 18.16.05 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 18.16.05 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 18.16.09 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 18.16.09 (resized).jpg
#9157 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I also installed the Cliffy over the weekend as well but I am not sure how to straighten it out or if it just ok the way it is? There really is no way that I can see to turn it...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Curious, were the two lower holes pre-indented? I've got Cliffy's on order for my RUSH Prem too and wonder if it's not pre-formed, if I might be able to redrill the lower mounting hole if absolutely necessary. The alignment being off would bother me too, kinda defeats the purpose of the protection.

#9158 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Curious, were the two lower holes pre-indented? I've got Cliffy's on order for my RUSH Prem too and wonder if it's not pre-formed, if I might be able to redrill the lower mounting hole if absolutely necessary. The alignment being off would bother me too, kinda defeats the purpose of the protection.

Not sure what you are asking but I didn't drill any holes.

I sent an email to Cliff, waiting for a reply.

#9159 1 year ago

Check out Cliffy’s webpage. Yours if possible needs to shift a bit to the left at the top section, this should help the lower portion shift a bit.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/rush-ejects-install-008.jpg

Hope this gives you a better perspective on how it should line up.

#9160 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Check out Cliffy’s webpage. Yours if possible needs to shift a bit to the left at the top section, this should help the lower portion shift a bit.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/rush-ejects-install-008.jpg
Hope this gives you a better perspective on how it should line up.

I'm not sure how you can shift it, the holes prevent it from rotating. I don't see how it can be pushed or rotated in any direction...

I mean say I take out the back post, if I push it closer to the shooter lane, it is not going to allow me to put the post back in because the hole is going to be off center.

#9161 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'm not sure how you can shift it, the holes prevent it from rotating. I don't see how it can be pushed or rotated in any direction...

I can't see everything on the upper portion of the protector, but it looks like from the picture that you might be able to push it more to the left against those 2 double rail guides at the top of the protector. The hole at the bottom looks like it has a tiny bit of room to push it to the right, nudge it up right to the edge of the bolt....maybe???

#9162 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

I can't see everything on the upper portion of the protector, but it looks like from the picture that you might be able to push it more to the left against those 2 double rail guides at the top of the protector. The hole at the bottom looks like it has a tiny bit of room to push it to the right, nudge it up right to the edge of the bolt....maybe???

I can try, the problem is the top part has two sided tape under it but either way, I doubt it will move much.

#9163 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I can try, the problem is the top part has two sided tape under it but either way, I doubt it will move much.

I feel ya. Worst case is you ruin the double stick...but at least you'd be able to dry fit it so you know for a fact you can line it up with all cut outs lining up. I'd take it completely off, cover the double sided tape with wax paper and try to dry fit it. I'm sure if you PM Cliffy he'll have much better info. Best of luck.

#9164 1 year ago

Edit: Missing the quoted text. This is in regards to Stangiato with no arrows.

I am not good at reading the rules. I notice that when it gets to movement 9/13, the arrows are gone, and a Time Machine brings them back.

#9165 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

I feel ya. Worst case is you ruin the double stick...but at least you'd be able to dry fit it so you know for a fact you can line it up with all cut outs lining up. I'd take it completely off, cover the double sided tape with wax paper and try to dry fit it. I'm sure if you PM Cliffy he'll have much better info. Best of luck.

I got a reply from Cliff...

"hmmm. stern must have drilled it different. compare to pics on my page. I can trim one and send today"

Guess will see how the new one fits when I receive it, I'll be sure to post pix but FYI guys... For anyone who has one of these on order to keep an eye on this, my game is from the latest production run.

I also asked if I could have installed it incorrectly to which he replied...

"no theres nothing you COULD do wrong. it looks to me like stern has drilled the stud holes off a bit from the first runs "

#9166 1 year ago

Even the one on my Iron Maiden doesn't really go over to the edge of the shooter lane but looks the same on his website from what I can tell.

***His picture is the second one.

2022-06-18 15.19.17 (resized).jpg2022-06-18 15.19.17 (resized).jpgIMDN-ejects-inst (resized).jpgIMDN-ejects-inst (resized).jpg
#9167 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

but that's a huge issue when it comes to these "head to head" events where people are competing on different machines. I can make mine play silky smooth which creates an unfair advantage to someone playing an [on location] machine.

The head to head events and stern's running of them is fundamentally flawed to start with (who gets in, etc) so really I don't waste an ounce of thought on the legitimacy of the evenness of the games at hand.

Besides.. most games are dialed in anyway.. it's not like this is a race based on games everyone is forced to unbox 10min before the event.

#9168 1 year ago

Recently, I noticed that after I drain a ball a new one gets ejected in the shooter lane without reason and without going to the next ball in the counter. It happens once every few games.

I do not have Ball Save or Shoot Again lighted, owl eyes are not flashing and noting on the screen changes. When the ball gets ejected it doesn't auto-launch and the skill shot lights are not lighted. As if I did not lose my ball... still, it gives it to me just like that.

I ain't complaining but that's an odd behavior that should not occur and I wonder if I'm the only one having this or if the new .98 code is responsible.

#9169 1 year ago

Stupid drum clock isn't working right.

Started a game and it was at 2:59ish. Thought that was odd, so I paid attention to it. Wouldn't move when pops were hit.

So I go into test, and I can get it moving through diagnostics. However, when I try to adjust it, it seems to stutter around 2:59. Like, I can get it to move to 3pm by adjusting the bias, but when it moves through the test on it's own, it gets hung up there. Now the bias is maxed out at "10", and the hand is sitting around 2:55pm, when it should be 3pm.

I'm at a loss....

#9170 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Stupid drum clock isn't working right.
Started a game and it was at 2:59ish. Thought that was odd, so I paid attention to it. Wouldn't move when pops were hit.
So I go into test, and I can get it moving through diagnostics. However, when I try to adjust it, it seems to stutter around 2:59. Like, I can get it to move to 3pm by adjusting the bias, but when it moves through the test on it's own, it gets hung up there. Now the bias is maxed out at "10", and the hand is sitting around 2:55pm, when it should be 3pm.
I'm at a loss....

I found this issue to be related to switch 62, drum clock home. Mine was erroring as soon as I sent into maintenance mode. We removed the clock, took it apart, no noticeable issues. Reinstalled the clock and still had weird issues, where sometimes it would not move at all. Unplugged the machine, opened it up and it seemed like the CN5 connector was a little loose. Unplugged, replugged the CN5 connector, plugged the game back in and it's worked perfectly since. The CN5 has a funky expansion board on it. The expansion board doesn't seem to fit real well, but I think this was put in in place of the ferrite bead that was previously used. Remember this is the Node 10 board, do everything with the power off.

#9171 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabpower:

Recently, I noticed that after I drain a ball a new one gets ejected in the shooter lane without reason and without going to the next ball in the counter. It happens once every few games.
I do not have Ball Save or Shoot Again lighted, owl eyes are not flashing and noting on the screen changes. When the ball gets ejected it doesn't auto-launch and the skill shot lights are not lighted. As if I did not lose my ball... still, it gives it to me just like that.
I ain't complaining but that's an odd behavior that should not occur and I wonder if I'm the only one having this or if the new .98 code is responsible.

This past weekend, we encountered that a few times, maybe 5 times within 15-20 games. We’re running 0.98 code as well, never witnessed it happening with previous codes. I just can’t remember if it was at the end of a particular mode/multiball, or if it was just during normal play.

You’re not alone, lol.

#9172 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

Reinstalled the clock and still had weird issues, where sometimes it would not move at all. Unplugged the machine, opened it up and it seemed like the CN5 connector was a little loose. Unplugged, replugged the CN5 connector, plugged the game back in and it's worked perfectly since.

Thank you, I'll check it out!

I'm guessing this may be the case as I installed PinWoofer and the bass may have shaken it loose. Bass is pretty damn legit

#9173 1 year ago

I'm guessing this may be the case as I installed PinWoofer and the bass may have shaken it loose. Bass is pretty damn legit

Best, cleanest bass I've ever heard in a pin. Pinwoofer really wakes this game up!

#9174 1 year ago

That's funny. I have pinwoofer installed too and it makes a world of difference. Just really maximines the experience and their support is fantastic. I have a shaker installed too, so it's easy for things to come loose.

#9175 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

NC scoop protector installed.

100% much easier to installed it, than to remove the old one (which is a pain in the ass BTW).

Looks and plays great, another excellent mode from NC.

Thanks for the short description & especially the photos. My Rush Premium has the same protectors and they *seem* to be doing OK. But your photos of the factory scoop protectors makes me realize that I should just go ahead and order all of the NinjaCamp Rush thermoplastic mods. I definitely want to reduce that rattle on the shooter lane and right orbit, and ensure that the upper loop roillover is registering as much as possible.

#9176 1 year ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

I hate starting La Villa Strangiato via the Time Machine because I cannot finish it. I get to a point in the 2nd half of the progression and there are no more purple arrows telling me what to do, just the jazzy soft music playing in the background. Or am I just missing an arrow - like maybe the arrow for the upper flipper shot is not obvious?

Quoted from Maken:

Have you checked the rules? You probably just need to shoot the time machine.

Quoted from kbenson13:

More than likely it’s either an inner loop shot you cannot see or it’s the time machine shot. I don’t love this mode either. Even when it’s clear what you have to shoot, it’s tough to make all 12 shots without draining!

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

As kbenson13 mentioned, this is almost certainly due to the poor visibility of the inserts in the inner loop. LVS mode does eventually get to that shot -- but since you can't see that it's lit from where you're standing, it looks like there's NOTHING lit and you'll think you're stuck.

This is where NinjaCamps Exit Stage Left mod -- or a well placed mirror -- will really help out.

My only complaints in the layout of this game are the inner loop inserts, and the window for the subway. It's almost like they forgot players stand at the end of the machine and not hovering over it looking straight down like a tournament camera.

Quoted from sscharf:

Edit: Missing the quoted text. This is in regards to Stangiato with no arrows.

I am not good at reading the rules. I notice that when it gets to movement 9/13, the arrows are gone, and a Time Machine brings them back.

Hey- thanks all for the tips.

I read the rules and knew that there was a long progression but wasn't going to memorize it. Likely I was not seeing the purple arrow for the side loop in step 7, combined with the fact that the rollover may not always register even when I make the shot (note to self - buy the NinjaCamp mods). Also, maybe I did get to step 9 and didn't remember that a Time Machine shot was necessary.

This is probably one of the more difficult modes to complete, because a multiball isn't as helpful.

I. Buenas Noches, Mein Froinds! Right Ramp
II. To sleep, perchance to dream… Right Ramp
III. Strangiato Theme Top Left Lane
IV. A Lerxst in Wonderland Left Orbit or Spinner
V. Monsters! Side Ramp or Side Scoop
VI. The Ghost of Aragon Spinner
VII. Danforth and Pape Side Loop
VIII. The Waltz of the Shreves Side Loop, Side Ramp, or Side Scoop*
IX. Never turn your back on a Monster! Time machine
X. Monsters! (Reprise) Side Ramp
XI. Strangiato Theme (Reprise) Left Orbit
XII. A Farewell to Things Side Scoop

#9177 1 year ago

Got the Led Zepplin Expression-Lights Kit installed today, and...WOW! They're like Pinstadiums on steroids.

They're better than JJPs hot rails because they actually light up the pf quite a bit, rather than mostly going up into your eyes like on GNR and TS4.

I'm surprised at how well they fit in on Rush. The colors line up and match almost perfectly to the pf, and the LZ symbols look like the clockface symbols from Rush's Clockwork Angel's album cover. Some of which are depicted on the pf too.

Honestly, if this is all I ever got, I'd be okay with it. If you're thinking about getting them to tide you over until the official Rush ones...I say do it!

20220829_125729 (resized).jpg20220829_125729 (resized).jpg

#9178 1 year ago

So, my left ramp isnt registering as the switch just below the super JP light/sign doesnt register in the switch test when you manually trip it. Manually pushing the switch rod down you hear the little 'click' so that seems to be aligned well and I tried reseating the molex wired connection and that did not fix it. As well, the wiring seems solid, ie, not loose. What you you suggest the next trouble shooting step is?? Order a new switch?

#9179 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

So, my left ramp isnt registering as the switch just below the super JP light/sign doesnt register in the switch test when you manually trip it. Manually pushing the switch rod down you hear the little 'click' so that seems to be aligned well and I tried reseating the molex wired connection and that did not fix it. As well, the wiring seems solid, ie, not loose. What you you suggest the next trouble shooting step is?? Order a new switch?

I'd check the diode on the switch before getting a new switch. I've also seen the switch gate on that ramp get bent weird where it can't actuate the switch arm.

#9180 1 year ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Buenas Noches, Mein Froinds!

#9181 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Got the Led Zepplin Expression-Lights Kit installed today, and...WOW! They're like Pinstadiums on steroids.
They're better than JJPs hot rails because they actually light up the pf quite a bit, rather than mostly going up into your eyes like on GNR and TS4.
I'm surprised at how well they fit in on Rush. The colors line up and match almost perfectly to the pf, and the LZ symbols look like the clockface symbols from Rush's Clockwork Angel's album cover. Some of which are depicted on the pf too.
Honestly, if this is all I ever got, I'd be okay with it. If you're thinking about getting them to tide you over until the official Rush ones...I say do it!
[quoted image]

As us Premium owners, are now finding out what the LE guys have already been enjoying, the light show is needed for this game. I couldn’t imagine our game without the expression lights now.

Enjoy the show my friend

#9182 1 year ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Thanks for the short description & especially the photos. My Rush Premium has the same protectors and they *seem* to be doing OK. But your photos of the factory scoop protectors makes me realize that I should just go ahead and order all of the NinjaCamp Rush thermoplastic mods. I definitely want to reduce that rattle on the shooter lane and right orbit, and ensure that the upper loop roillover is registering as much as possible.

My stock protector was fine as well when I remove it, no signs of wear but far less than 100 plays. With that said, to replace the NC protector (if you ever had to) would be fairly quick and simple but to replace the stock one would be a small nightmare IMO.

The NC protector opens the scoops to what the game designer intended it to be but the update shot is just fine to. Personal taste but certainly more pleasing to my eyes.

#9183 1 year ago

So for my clock issue, I don't *think* it's a bad connection...

First, my game is 1 minute off, and using the offset in diagnostics, any changes really don't stick, it keeps wanting to be one minute behind. I can go into more detail on that later, but here's the thing...

I tried going into diagnostics to adjust the time. It was saying that the clock was moving to zero position, but nothing happened. I couldn't adjust it, I couldn't hit buttons to make it move, etc.

So I go to start a game. Clock moves to the 2:59pm position. I hit pop bumpers, clock doesn't move. I turn the game off and back on, the clock moves. Start up a game, clock is moving correctly when I hit the pop bumpers (albeit, still a minute behind).

This is the 2nd time I was able to fix the stuck clock by turning the game off then back on. So what's the deal with that?

#9184 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

[quoted image]

where did you get the lights from im sure they wouldbe fine on a Pro Model as well

#9185 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

where did you get the lights from im sure they wouldbe fine on a Pro Model as well

As long as your cabinet has the L shaped fill blocks(which I believe Pros do), yes they’ll work.

Get them at any place selling the LZ light kit, before Rush owners start buying them up

#9186 1 year ago

I am new to owning pinball. Rush was my first game. Cleaned and waxed the playfield for the first time this weekend. Wow! What a difference. I hadn't realized how the play had slowed down so much over 2,000 games (since March). Will definitely be cleaning/waxing often from now on.

#9187 1 year ago
Quoted from droptheball:

I am new to owning pinball. Rush was my first game. Cleaned and waxed the playfield for the first time this weekend. Wow! What a difference. I hadn't realized how the play had slowed down so much over 2,000 games (since March). Will definitely be cleaning/waxing often from now on.

They get mean with new wax don't they?

#9188 1 year ago

I also received and installed the Led Zep Expression Lighting in my Premium tonight. Took a little longer than I expected as my machine DID NOT have the Pre drilled 7 holes for the two circuit boards on the left side. To get around this, I was able to create a template by carefully putting the screws into the circuit boards, holding them upside down in my hand and poking the screws into a heavy piece of construction paper (approx 1"+ gap between the two) and then taping that to the inside side of the machine and drilling the pilot holes with a 1/16 bit. My other 2 cent tip: If the L shaped vertical piece doesn't seem to fit into the routed groove well, there are two small zip ties employed to hold the two wires within the steel mounting. Those zip ties may need to be slightly rotated to get the bracket to fit into the wood properly. Overall, very happy with the install and the lights. Thanks to SterlingRush and others who looked into this option for us.

20220829_171038 (resized).jpg20220829_171038 (resized).jpg20220829_174515 (resized).jpg20220829_174515 (resized).jpg20220829_182418 (resized).jpg20220829_182418 (resized).jpg

#9189 1 year ago

So for my clock issue, I don't *think* it's a bad connection...
First, my game is 1 minute off, and using the offset in diagnostics, any changes really don't stick, it keeps wanting to be one minute behind. I can go into more detail on that later, but here's the thing...
I tried going into diagnostics to adjust the time. It was saying that the clock was moving to zero position, but nothing happened. I couldn't adjust it, I couldn't hit buttons to make it move, etc.
So I go to start a game. Clock moves to the 2:59pm position. I hit pop bumpers, clock doesn't move. I turn the game off and back on, the clock moves. Start up a game, clock is moving correctly when I hit the pop bumpers (albeit, still a minute behind).
This is the 2nd time I was able to fix the stuck clock by turning the game off then back on. So what's the deal with that?

I had almost the same exact thing happen. I was suspicious of the home switch, which is of course inside the clock. Took the clock apart and no apparent issues. When I contacted Stern they said to check the lock screw to make sure it had not come off, since the clock was actually ratteling when I would try to adjust it. The clock works now after re-install, but to your point maybe the power cycle caused it to start working again. Another Node 10 mystery. Maybe malfunctioning stepper motor?

#9190 1 year ago

So, I learned that the clock not moving is a bug in the current code. This is good news, as at least it's not a mechanical issue.

I do have the issue where the clock is wrong by one minute and no matter how I adjust the bias, it still goes back to being wrong by one minute. This is one of those small things that will drive me nuts.

Anyone figure out how to solve that issue?

#9191 1 year ago

Thank you for the shout-out Crash, there were a couple people before me, that were looking into this. Based off their findings, it was enough for me to pull the trigger and get the LZ kit. So many thanks go out to those troopers as well

So I have been asked by quite a few people through PM, about installing the light kits on my machine. I'll try to explain the process the best I can, and I will also provide pictures, to help show what I am mentioning. This is the method I used, to install the LZ Expression Lights Kit on my Premium Rush.

Edit: I take no responsibility for any damages or quirks that may happen to your machine. This is an "At Your Own Risk" method for installing these light kits, sharing what I did for my machine. I cannot promise this is a "one method will work for all", but it did work for my machine.

Remember to take your time, take a moment to analyze each step/next step, as you go through the process, and you'll be fine.

-All directions below, are after the machine has been unplugged, glass has been pulled off, and the balls have been taken out. With the impression that you understand how to be careful around your machine, the wiring, mechs, ect....

-You will need to only lift the playfield up, you don’t have to take the entire playfield out, as they mention in the directions with the light kit. If you are reading this later, and ONLY IF you have the official Rush Expression Light kit, then you will have to lift out/remove the playfield, if you are going to be installing the side art that will come with the set. Moving on...

-Undo any screws for the L shaped filler block, on either side of the cabinet. With the playfield pulled up and in it's resting position on the front rails, you can reach the back half of the screws, holding the filler blocks in. Once you've removed as many as you can, raise the playfield(stand it up) all the way, then you can reach the remaining screws up front for both sides. See pics below, to show how you can access said screws. Each filler block has 14 screws, keep track of your screws

-You will want a 2nd person on hand, as one of you has to hold the playfield straight up and pushed as far back towards the back box as possible, while the 2nd person gets ready to gently slide the light fixtures into the channels.

-The person holding the playfield upright, you’ll want the playfield pushed all the way to one side(R or L of cabinet), opposite of the side you’re installing the lights. This gives just enough room to get one side of the light strips in. Then repeat for the opposite side.

-There are zip ties on the fixtures, that can cause it to hang up, when sliding in the channel, be mindful of that.

-These light kits do have some ability for slight flexing, which you will need to do, when sliding them into place. Again, be careful, take your time, and stop if something doesn't seem right.

2nd Edit: I mentioned earlier in this thread, that it would only take 3 screws to swap the LZ plastic art off per light bracket, to put the official Rush art on them(when available). This is true if the kit is not installed. If kit is installed(the reason you are reading these directions now), then it would involve the removing a total of 17 screws per light bracket. 3 screws(per side) holding the art to the light bracket, and the 14 screws(per side) holding the bracket in place. You shouldn't have to remove the light brackets at this point, should be able to just slide the LZ art out, and slide the Rush art in. Keep in mind the light brackets would be loose, but no reason to remove them. You may want to do one side at a time, so that you're not fighting both loose light brackets at the same time. Now this is in theory, as I have not attempted this part myself. Just basing this off of what I encountered while installing the kit, and what it looks like it would take to swap the art around.

Hopefully this helps a better picture, for those looking to add the light kit to their machine. I may come back and edit this post, if I decide to reword something, to get the message across better. If you have questions, reach out, but I wanted to try and help with this info upfront, to eliminate a lot of those questions.

IMG_3822 (resized).jpgIMG_3822 (resized).jpgIMG_3824 (resized).jpgIMG_3824 (resized).jpgIMG_3826 (resized).jpgIMG_3826 (resized).jpgIMG_3827 (resized).jpgIMG_3827 (resized).jpgIMG_3828 (resized).jpgIMG_3828 (resized).jpgIMG_3829 (resized).jpgIMG_3829 (resized).jpgIMG_3830 (resized).jpgIMG_3830 (resized).jpgIMG_3831 (resized).jpgIMG_3831 (resized).jpg

#9192 1 year ago

I think you guys should start installing the Led Zeppelin topper on Rush, I mean why wait?

#9193 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I think you guys should start installing the Led Zeppelin topper on Rush, I mean why wait?

now that's funny..........surprised someone hasn't notched out rush art blades for the lights actually.

#9194 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Blah, I don’t think I’m going for the topper route, definitely not the LZ topper, lol.

#9195 1 year ago

So, I learned that the clock not moving is a bug in the current code. This is good news, as at least it's not a mechanical issue.
I do have the issue where the clock is wrong by one minute and no matter how I adjust the bias, it still goes back to being wrong by one minute. This is one of those small things that will drive me nuts.
Anyone figure out how to solve that issue?

Did you have the issue on 0.97 or has it just started since the update to 0.98 ?

No-one else appears to be reporting anything which is odd if it's a bug.

#9196 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

now that's funny..........surprised someone hasn't notched out rush art blades for the lights actually.

Maybe this is a task that the Wizard Mods guys could take on...

#9197 1 year ago

Don’t fear taking the playfield out of the cabinet. It’s very easy to do by yourself and the backbox harnesses are long enough to just set the playfield down on it’s end against the cabinet or next to it.

Really easy with two people as the weight is less. It’s easier to keep the playfield straight vertical when dropping back into the cabinet.

Spike wiring and the handle stern puts on the backboard make it really easy.

#9198 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Did you have the issue on 0.97 or has it just started since the update to 0.98 ?
No-one else appears to be reporting anything which is odd if it's a bug.

HI Ian, Mine was worked nicely well before the 0.98 update, since that, it’s completely crazy, sometimes the clock stop Throughout the game, if I reboot the pin, it move again, sometimes the clock hand move randomly without any sense

#9199 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Maybe this is a task that the Wizard Mods guys could take on...

I had thought about using their current blade art, and trimming around the LED holes, but what’s currently available wouldn’t fit the art plastic. The art is too short at one end, wouldn’t fully cover. Not to mention, I was having a hard time convincing myself to cover other(LZ) art.

And, I knew were my talent stopped with that. Great with many things, but that’s something I wasn’t going to take on, lol.

#9200 1 year ago

Woot! Congrats to you guys on getting the LZ kits installed. I'm glad Stern was consistent with compatibility (although it looks like the node 2 in the Rush LEs are a newer, but compatible rev) and was pretty open about that they should be cross compatible when I emailed them.

Curious, what does it look like if you simply took the LZ artwork off the ELs? Is it a plain black strip or does it look like a bare mess of electronics? Yeah, I could go peek on my LE but I'm guessing one of you already took a look.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.