IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,902 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 359.
#13501 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Finally wiped my scores per Stern's recs today - I like the updated default score "holder" names!

Do you have a link to the instructions?

#13503 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Can you now select Cygnus from Jukebox mode? Love this

Yes, both songs are in the DJ Mixer and Cignus-x is selectable in the game!

#13504 1 year ago

So if pinball map shows almost 800 pinsiders globally with Rush (all versions) is there a rough idea what this might mean for global production? Would it be reasonable to guess pinside represented 30 percent of total units?

#13505 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

So if pinball map shows almost 800 pinsiders globally with Rush (all versions) is there a rough idea what this might mean for global production? Would it be reasonable to guess pinside represented 30 percent of total units?

No, I don't think so. 30-35% of LEs get added to collections on Pinside. The percentage of pros is going to be much smaller due to most operators not having pinside collections + casual basement game rooms who have zero clue about pinside.

#13506 1 year ago

My guess would be there are 2500 Rush pins produced (out in wild).
1000 LE. 1500 Prem & Pros.

Many More to come in 2024

Quoted from Vespula:

#13507 1 year ago

One of my ramp bumpers ripped apart today. I decided to try and design a replacement with my 3d printer. Here's a link to the .stl if anyone needs to print their own - not for resale. I printed mine with NinjaFlex TPU. Haven't installed yet (taking these out of the game is a PITA!) but they seem like they should hold up at least as well as the originals.

https://www.printables.com/model/446227-rush-pinball-ramp-bumper

#13508 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

One of my ramp bumpers ripped apart today. I decided to try and design a replacement with my 3d printer. Here's a link to the .stl if anyone needs to print their own - not for resale. I printed mine with NinjaFlex TPU. Haven't installed yet (taking these out of the game is a PITA!) but they seem like they should hold up at least as well as the originals.
https://www.printables.com/model/446227-rush-pinball-ramp-bumper

It’s easier if you take the ramp out, just remember to put some blue Loctite on the screws going back in, they will vibrate loose if not done.

I know you have your 3D printer, NinjaCamp does have these available as well.

#13509 1 year ago

Can I go back to code 1.02 without causing any problems? Has anyone tried it yet?

I had to have my CPU Board on my 2 day old RUSH Pro replaced by Stern and thought I had disabled auto-update after moving my 1.02 SD card over to the new board they sent me today but it reset and then auto updated the machine to 1.10. I really like the 1.02 code better but am afraid it might kill a node board if I try to downgrade it to 1.02 using a USB stick. I do have the code for doing it that way but cannot find the full 1.02 SD card image anymore for download if I needed to just swap the SD card.

#13510 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Nice!
Will you be in Toronto sometime this year?

Manic at work at the moment, will fit a trip in sometime and do ' The Tour ' and hopefully catch some later shows though.

If they come to Europe we'll be there.

#13511 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

I know you have your 3D printer, NinjaCamp does have these available as well.

Yes, just wanted to give something back to the community. For those without a printer, NinjaCamp is a great resource. For those with a printer, it takes longer to install these than it does to print them so you can get back up and playing very quickly.

#13512 1 year ago
Quoted from PokerTech68:

Can I go back to code 1.02 without causing any problems? Has anyone tried it yet?

HELP US, HELP YOU! If you have any suggestions, questions, need technical advice, find errors or have comments, contact us through our website:

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

or call 1-800-542-5377.

#13513 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

HELP US, HELP YOU! If you have any suggestions, questions, need technical advice, find errors or have comments, contact us through our website:
http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml
or call 1-800-542-5377.

I had a feeling I would need to contact Stern for the official answer. Thanks, I will do so.

#13514 1 year ago
Quoted from PokerTech68:

I had a feeling I would need to contact Stern for the official answer. Thanks, I will do so.

The fact your node firmwares updated had me concerned, and that along with the fact you can't find any older firmware could be intentional.
, I honestly don't know and maybe someone else can chime in. You're obviously not going to be getting the topper or the shooter rod if you're not going to be on 1.10.

But if a complete downgrade is possible, hopefully you can get the file from them. These are from the release notes about what 1.10 did upgrade:

Moved to System 3.35

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.5.0

- Conagent 1.0.9

#13515 1 year ago

Speaking of new topper features:

I finally read the release notes in full and it's a lot more than just a box of synchronized lights and spinning gears..
There's a topper mystery scoop award added and the radio dial that spins around gives you awards, like topper frenzy or even an extra ball. You got a 25% chance of getting an extra ball every time you get topper mystery award, Which kind of makes up for removing light extra ball as a possible scoop mystery award. But I know this penalizes people with no topper by removing an extra ball opportunity... so there is that.
So you basically have to get lucky twice....you have to hit the scoop mystery when lit and then have to win the topper mystery feature in order to get the opportunity to win one of four mystery features on the spinning topper dial ..explained below

Rush Topper features:
- Song-Synchronized Concert RGB Lighting.
- Album collection tracking:
- Added status lights for all albums available to collect for album jackpots and all albums available to be used as The Weapon.

Topper Mystery features:
- Topper Mystery can be earned as a mystery feature when a topper is connected to the Rush game and the game is not in competition mode.
- EXTRA BALL - Awards an extra ball.
- MILLIONS - Awards a value between 1,000,000 - 12,000,000 points.
- ADVANCE TIME MACHINE - Adds 5 years to the Time Machine up to a maximum of 10 years per game. If all years have been awarded, adds up to 5 hits toward the next Time Machine multiball.
- FRENZY - 60 second switch frenzy mode. Each switch hit awards 10,000 + (50 per topper switch closure this ball.)

- Added TOPPER FRENZY CHAMPION high score entry.

#13516 1 year ago
Quoted from PokerTech68:

I’ve been told once the node boards & firmware update you can’t go back.

Wondering if we will now have two eras in Rush pinball, pre topper code and post topper code lol

#13517 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Wondering if we will now have two eras in Rush pinball, pre topper code and post topper code lol

Thought the same thing. Any discussion about scoring or game play will always need to be preceded with stating the version, or there's gonna be a follow up post from someone "which code?"

#13518 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I finally read the release notes in full and it's a lot more than just a box of synchronized lights and spinning gears..
There's a topper mystery scoop award added and the radio dial that spins around gives you awards, like topper frenzy or even an extra ball. You got a 25% chance of getting an extra ball every time you get topper mystery award, Which kind of makes up for removing light extra ball as a possible scoop mystery award. But I know this penalizes people with no topper by removing an extra ball opportunity... so there is that.
So you basically have to get lucky twice....you have to hit the scoop mystery when lit and then have to win the topper mystery feature in order to get the opportunity to win one of four mystery features on the spinning topper dial ..explained below
Rush Topper features:
- Added status lights for all albums available to collect for album jackpots and all albums available to be used as The Weapon.

Topper Mystery features:
- Topper Mystery can be earned as a mystery feature when a topper is connected to the Rush game and the game is not in competition mode.
- ADVANCE TIME MACHINE - Adds 5 years to the Time Machine up to a maximum of 10 years per game. If all years have been awarded, adds up to 5 hits toward the next Time Machine multiball.
- FRENZY - 60 second switch frenzy mode. Each switch hit awards 10,000 + (50 per topper switch closure this ball.)

I think it would make more sense if they adjusted the code to leave the lite extra ball mystery if no topper is detected and if they want to make the probability of it not awarding as often then do that. It really changes the gameplay a whole lot and people with a topper now have multiple scoring advantages over people without a topper, not just the extra ball part. Seems lame to me. So now you have to ask was your high score pre or post 1.10 code update and do you have a topper or not.

Hey Raymond Davidson what do you think? I have read that you pay some attention to these posts on pinside.

#13519 1 year ago

It's a little bit similar situation to any game where you can adjust the settings to your liking. When people post their scores, we all assume it's default. Or don't care enough to ask.
Or that they're on the same code that we are. I don't see anybody posting or asking if they've modified their game settings when they post scores.
I'm not discounting your points, because they're valid, but I'm also not sure that in the current environment with the access we have to all the settings in the game that it's really ever been a concern before.
There is a competition mode which will level the playing field I suppose, but you're not going to play that at home regularly And I'm sure not going to play it intentionally to turn off my topper.

They're all valid points but I don't know in the end If it's just an OCD thing and will really anybody care. We all just want to enjoy our game and talk about it, what code and whether you have the topper Will likely be phase two of a discussion if anybody cares, that's just going to be the new normal.

#13520 1 year ago

Scoop Problem:

I switched out the side scoop Mech for the one Stern sent out as replacement.
However, I’m probably around 30-40 games in on the new one and it has starred to act much like the old scoop that came with the game.

The problem: the balls are not detecting properly and consistently. Having to stop mid game, service menu SSC eject. Or during gameplay the SSC eject will just start firing off randomly as if there were a ball there to eject (which there is not).

Any advice ?

Should I move that moveable arm on the new switch and make a new hole for the screw thus adjusting the switch exposure to the ball ?
When installing I used the hole that was already there, so perhaps new switch went in at same angle and position as the stock was. Is That the problem ?

Thanks in advance.

#13521 1 year ago

Finally finishing up some major work projects and not working the weekend, so I got to relax and play some this afternoon. Got to Cygnus book 1, and got through the blue planet before draining out when trying to get to the next planet. Love this game but it’ll beat you up if you are tired and your aim is off.

032C99D7-35E3-458C-8B78-7B5178FCF677 (resized).jpeg032C99D7-35E3-458C-8B78-7B5178FCF677 (resized).jpeg
#13522 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Scoop Problem:
I switched out the side scoop Mech for the one Stern sent out as replacement.
However, I’m probably around 30-40 games in on the new one and it has starred to act much like the old scoop that came with the game.
The problem: the balls are not detecting properly and consistently. Having to stop mid game, service menu SSC eject. Or during gameplay the SSC eject will just start firing off randomly as if there were a ball there to eject (which there is not).
Any advice ?
Should I move that moveable arm on the new switch and make a new hole for the screw thus adjusting the switch exposure to the ball ?
When installing I used the hole that was already there, so perhaps new switch went in at same angle and position as the stock was. Is That the problem ?
Thanks in advance.

loosen the screw and move the switch away from the wood edge so it doesnt bind.not much room but a little is all You need.

#13523 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

. Love this game but it’ll beat you up if you are tired and your aim is off.[quoted image]

I just got done playing a good while, and went into challenge modes holding both flippers for the first time and played Cygnus 1 (245m) and 2 (90m} with the flipper craziness.. that was really fun exploring.

Felt the same as you afterwards.

#13524 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I just got done playing a good while, and went into challenge modes holding both flippers for the first time and played Cygnus 1 (245m) and 2 (90m} with the flipper craziness.. that was really fun exploring.

My trouble was that I was working 70 hour weeks and when I got a free minute to play I was wondering why I played like garbage. It’s amazing what a good nights sleep will do.

#13525 1 year ago

This is the most satisfying and what I could best describe as the Most Complete pin I have ever played; it is an Experience.

Just a phenomenal GOAT pin.

I keep coming back to it.
In my lineup, Rush is my go to.
The Best.

Quoted from Vespula:

#13526 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

This is the most satisfying and what I could best describe as the Most Complete pin I have ever played; it is an Experience.
The Best.

Music ain't half bad either

#13527 1 year ago

I became a Rush fan after the pin !

Music is F’ng awesome !
Elite, tight, and Rocking

Was actually wearing my new Rush Tshirt today.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Music ain't half bad either

#13528 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

The Best.

That's an amazing compliment considering your lineup and the fact you weren't a fan and even from Canada... What a trifecta !

#13529 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

The Best.

I couldn't agree more. It's my only pin, since I traded the old RCT so I could get an LE, but my opinion still counts!

And I don't know if it's the new code, or if I'm getting better, or just luckier...but holy cow!!! I reset the GC and High Scores the other night, as per the recommendation of the 1.10 code. Last night I decided to play a quick game...25 minutes later I've blown the thing up to 312+ million. I rarely scored that well on the OLD code.
Tonight, I decided, again, to play one quick game. Just got done (25 mnutes later), still sweating, heart still racing, blew it up again (for me) to 365+ million.

I LOVE this game.

#13530 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Rush Topper features:

Topper Mystery features:

Thanks for posting. I'm even more pumped to get this!

#13531 1 year ago
Quoted from PokerTech68:

I had to have my CPU Board on my 2 day old RUSH Pro replaced by Stern and thought I had disabled auto-update after moving my 1.02 SD card over to the new board they sent me today but it reset and then auto updated the machine to 1.10. I really like the 1.02 code better but am afraid it might kill a node board if I try to downgrade it to 1.02 using a USB stick. I do have the code for doing it that way but cannot find the full 1.02 SD card image anymore for download if I needed to just swap the SD card.

I pulled out my 1.02 SD card, duplicated it to another SD card, then put it back in and updated to 1.10. It reflashed my node boards and was running 1.10. I then put my old 1.02 card in, and it reflashed the node boards back to whatever node firmware is on 1.02. No problems.

You just need to get a copy of the SD card 1.02 software (I don't think you can downgrade using the USB version). I have it, but don't have a good way to get it to you. If nobody else can get it to you, PM me in a few days.

Note: I'm not sure if using the raw SD card image (which won't have your machine's saved data, settings, scores, etc) will cause any undesired behavior with Insider Connected. You might have to re-register your machine or something. Don't know about that.

#13532 1 year ago

Happy Easter

FB_IMG_1681049577124 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1681049577124 (resized).jpg
#13533 1 year ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

I pulled out my 1.02 SD card, duplicated it to another SD card, then put it back in and updated to 1.10. It reflashed my node boards and was running 1.10. I then put my old 1.02 card in, and it reflashed the node boards back to whatever node firmware is on 1.02. No problems.
You just need to get a copy of the SD card 1.02 software (I don't think you can downgrade using the USB version). I have it, but don't have a good way to get it to you. If nobody else can get it to you, PM me in a few days.
Note: I'm not sure if using the raw SD card image (which won't have your machine's saved data, settings, scores, etc) will cause any undesired behavior with Insider Connected. You might have to re-register your machine or something. Don't know about that.

Thanks for doing the testing, sounds promising. I sent a support request to Stern and will see what they say about it. I might get with you regarding the SD image if they cannot provide a link to it for me.

#13534 1 year ago

Just got a frame for my Peart print.

4F384978-CFAB-4CF3-AF14-3EFB9FE42B7C (resized).jpeg4F384978-CFAB-4CF3-AF14-3EFB9FE42B7C (resized).jpeg
#13535 1 year ago
Quoted from tominator:

Just got a frame for my Peart print.
[quoted image]

Say "Peart print" 10 times fast.

Good luck.

#13536 1 year ago

Has anyone else’s “coin door open” switch stopped working? Mine stopped after updating to the latest code. Not sure if it’s a coincidence. Opening the coin door no longer registers or turns off the 48v coil (even if I push the switch manually).

#13537 1 year ago

What if you push the switch in? I suspect you've lost the spring in that switch.

#13538 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Has anyone else’s “coin door open” switch stopped working? Mine stopped after updating to the latest code. Not sure if it’s a coincidence. Opening the coin door no longer registers or turns off the 48v coil (even if I push the switch manually).

Everything in these games is the cheapest version of that thing. Had the same issue on a Walking Dead. Replaced the interlock switch and all good.

#13539 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Some people have had a bad Power Distribution Board with those symptoms on newer built Stern's

#13540 1 year ago

#13541 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's a little bit similar situation to any game where you can adjust the settings to your liking. When people post their scores, we all assume it's default. Or don't care enough to ask.
Or that they're on the same code that we are. I don't see anybody posting or asking if they've modified their game settings when they post scores.
I'm not discounting your points, because they're valid, but I'm also not sure that in the current environment with the access we have to all the settings in the game that it's really ever been a concern before.
There is a competition mode which will level the playing field I suppose, but you're not going to play that at home regularly And I'm sure not going to play it intentionally to turn off my topper.

They're all valid points but I don't know in the end If it's just an OCD thing and will really anybody care. We all just want to enjoy our game and talk about it, what code and whether you have the topper Will likely be phase two of a discussion if anybody cares, that's just going to be the new normal.

I say it again. I find it unfair that the extra ball is removed for people who do not have the topper.

I have been playing for 9 months on this great pinball. My goal is to get a good score but above all to start the wizard modes. And more particularly to reach 2112. The best result I had is the year 2103. So if an extra ball is removed from the mystery award, it is as much to say that it is mission impossible starting 2112 mode at my modest level.

#13542 1 year ago
Quoted from GandalfBlack:

I say it again. I find it unfair that the extra ball is removed for people who do not have the topper.
I have been playing for 9 months on this great pinball. My goal is to get a good score but above all to start the wizard modes. And more particularly to reach 2112. The best result I had is the year 2103. So if an extra ball is removed from the mystery award, it is as much to say that it is mission impossible starting 2112 mode at my modest level.

Maybe it was a change coming regardless of the topper awards, and the timing just made it seem like more of a rub. You still have to win 2 mystery awards back to back to get the topper extra ball, so it's definitely harder, if that is worth anything.

Ray would know and be able to comment on the decision for the removal of that extra ball mystery.

Meanwhile, are there settings you can adjust to award more extra balls during the game to compensate, or maybe a setting to enable extra ball mystery award, default OFF.
Maybe someday 2112 will be a challenge mode too.

#13543 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You forgot to mention "Out of stock!"

Quoted from Vespula:

Maybe it was a change coming regardless of the topper awards, and the timing just made it seem like more of a rub. You still have to win 2 mystery awards back to back to get the topper extra ball, so it's definitely harder, if that is worth anything.

Ray would know and be able to comment on the decision for the removal of that extra ball mystery.

Meanwhile, are there settings you can adjust to award more extra balls during the game to compensate, or maybe a setting to enable extra ball mystery award, default OFF.

You can always turn the replay award from credit to extra ball, you won't get a "knock" but it will do the extra ball callout when the score threshold is reached.

#13544 1 year ago

Please join us tonight @ 7:30pm Central on Twitch where the Wormhole Pinball crew will stream Rush (pro)! Format is a single strike tournament to determine prog rock domination!

https://www.twitch.tv/wormholepinball

#13545 1 year ago

Just watched YYZ in Rio again. How on earth could they have left this song off the pin? Criminal!

#13546 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Just watched YYZ in Rio again. How on earth could they have left this song off the pin? Criminal!

Probably the most women at a Rush concert ever

#13547 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yes, I could change the settings, but I like the idea of ​​playing with the default settings.

Cygnus X-1 Book One and Cygnus X-1 Book Two are indeed offered in independent game mode but I waited to have reached them during a game to play them afterwards.

It took me 7 months to get to Wizard Cygnus X-1 Book Two Hemispheres mode and I had never tried it before.

At my beginner level I was so happy to have made it on my own.

And even if 2112 will one day be available in challenge mode, I don't think I can start it without having had it in the normal game

Of course everyone plays how they want with their machine, I'm not here to give lessons.

#13548 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

This was answered in one of the making-of videos. They (Stern) didn't want more than one instrumental, and picked La Villa Strangiato over YYZ. Nobody forgot about YYZ, it just didn't make the cut.

I think the perfect place to play YYZ would be at the high-score enter-initials screen. The punch of that intro would be the perfect thing to cap off a big game.

#13549 1 year ago

I'm still waiting for The Necromancer Wizard Mode. And the backstory as to why ByTor turned to the evil side.

#13550 1 year ago

What, no love for Rivendell?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,595 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

There are 17,902 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 359.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/271?hl=tominator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.