20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tominator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#778 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just set up my LE and only have a handful of games on it. But I was purposefully banging on that scoop. It looks tight, but is way easier to hit than it would seem. Those forks gave me no issues at all. It always served it back to my right flipper too.
[quoted image]

okay it serves the ball to the flipper, but can a ball enter the scoop from the sides? Seems to me that was the intent of the design, but those forks look like they would prevent entries from the sides...? Not to mention that it will likely chew up the pinballs as well...
Someone correct me if I’m wrong please.

#804 2 years ago

Wow. That’s not very nice at all.

#821 2 years ago

Photopin
Check the tech alerts in the diagnostics... if you see an overcurrent message, one of you bulbs is shorting out.

#833 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

This would make sense because the playfield lights go out when the flippers stop. It happened to me a couple times during a single ball on the first game I played this morning. The flippers would go dead then suddenly start working again, go dead then start up.
Played four games after that and it didn't happen.
Ran diagnostics and it didn't show anything. No Tech Alerts either.
Also, I am running the newest code.

Check your tech alerts right after it happens, not after cycling the power. I had it happen on my maiden, same as you describe, and it was a shorted bulb.
There is a thread somewhere on here where a guy spent forever chasing the problem, and he finally found a tiny tiny piece of copper wire in the bottom of a bulb socket. So small he could only see it with a magnifying glass.
I would reseat all the network cables, ( the cat5’s) then pull each bulb from the section that goes out. Blow out the sockets and put tested bulbs back in firmly. This should fix the problem.

#1422 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

This morning I got back on thew machine hoping a reboot of shutting it down then restarting would fix the problem. It was actually first. I played an entire game where the flippers did not work for a single shot

I was hoping things would be better this morning after shutting off the game and restarting but it was actually worse. I couldn't even get through 3 balls where it would let me hit it once. However, when I ran the Tech Report this morning I got this message.
Any ideas?[quoted image]

Had the same issue on another game. You probably have a bulb shorting out.
Does part of the g i go dark when flippers die? If so go through that section with a good bulb and find the culprit.
One guy posted on pinside that it wasn’t until he blew up pics of sockets that he found a tiny copper wire in the socket...
Re seat all bulbs and cat 6 cables and report back.

#1893 2 years ago

TinyBlackDog
Nice write up. Thank you.
I don’t think one should have to start soldering new switches into an 11 thousand dollar game though... kinda disappointing really.

#2090 2 years ago
Quoted from Prognic:

Hello, I am new on this forum and just setup my first new Rush LE which looks fantastic but am having a problem with the top right flipper not fully working. It sporadically functions 20% of time. I updated the firmware to the latest and still doesn’t fully move. Is it a bad coil or cable issue? Thanks for any help!

Hi! Welcome to the forum.
You’re going to have to check that flippers function in diagnostics, then inspect it from underneath...( lift playfield) ...
Check for loose or poirly soldred wires, make sure everything is tigt, check coil stop,switch, coil sleeve, basically the entire mechanism.

#2143 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’ve got about 80 plays on 0.89 & the only crash I had was after collecting Extra Ball once. Multiballs have been fine.
Those things you call nonsense make total sense. You can qualify Red Barchetta Multiball by whacking at the Time Machine & stack it over whatever mode you’re in. Time Machine green light solid means shots/hits count toward Multiball…blinking green means Multiball is ready.
Spelling RUSH by hitting the standups & then shooting the Rush (right) Ramp starts Bastille Day hurry up. If Bastille Day was still going after MB ended, thats cuz the hurry up was still active (or you had chosen Bastille Day as your launch song)

And once you complete all the 7 balls, shoot the eight ball, then shoot for “ deluxe”...

#2413 2 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Okay. I think I made a mistake. I was playing MB LE while Rush was updating and somehow got it in my head they had speaker lights too. Ooops. Sorry.

Haha! Smoke another one...

#2616 2 years ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Pretty cool video, I always enjoyed this one, guy did amazing work with the movement and angles.
[video] [/video]

That was amazing! Never saw that before so thank you for posting that! Incredible animation... so tight.

#2710 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I’d wait for a fix first just in case stern gets upset but, it’s pretty simple.
Just make 3 squares the width of the hole.
Do sides first. Start about a 1/4” outside edge of hole and just press the rest down inside.
You can actually do this now over top of scoop protector. It covers the sharp edges
If you want to remove,go very slow
Never once had any problems.
I also put a 10 inch strip in my shooter lane And smooth it down with the pressure from a pinball
[quoted image]

also, put some wax down first so it will come off easier when its time to replace it.

#2729 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why would you wax? That defeats the mylar adhering well. I wipe with rubbing alcohol to REMOVE wax in the area before applying mylar so it sticks better and doesn't partially come up at the edges or bubble.

Because if you need to pull it up in 10 years you can gently heat it and it won’t pull up paint or clearcoat.
( taken fron Vid’s playfield thread)

#3011 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I think I finally resolved my issue with the lights going out and the flippers dying.
At PinMonk's suggestion, I unplugged the CN15 connector on Node board 8, which is the lower playfield lights. By disconnecting wires to the plug and only running one color of lights at a time I narrowed it down to the red lights. I then inspected all of the sockets and red bulbs on the lower playfield. That turned up nothing. But to get to the last two I had to remove the flipper mechs. When I did, I noticed this tiny nick in the insulation of the wire leading to the red bulb under the right flipper mech. It was from where it had been pinched the metal edge of the mech being installed. My eyes aren't good enough to see if the cover was cut all the way through, but it looked like it could be enough to be causing the short, so I covered the wire and put a strip of duct tape along the metal edge of the flipper mech.
I then played a quick game with no issues.
My next game was epic (for me) and went about 30 minutes. Like someone else noted on here, it seemed to happen a lot during multi-balls. For me, Headlong Flight was always a killer (I guess because there's a lot of red lights). On this game I got every multi-ball and Headlong Flight twice with no issues. No dead flippers. No loss of lights. New high score.
Of course, two games isn't a solid test, but its the longest I've been able to keep the machine running since I unboxed it three weeks ago.
[quoted image]

Had the EXACT same thing on my jp pro!

#3509 2 years ago

J-drum11
That kit is pretty cool!

3 months later
#7623 1 year ago

IN!
6B332DC5-0972-43E0-A1BB-354941275AE1 (resized).jpeg6B332DC5-0972-43E0-A1BB-354941275AE1 (resized).jpeg

#7718 1 year ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I made one for my machine. Works perfectly!

Do you have a pic of it per chance?

2 weeks later
#8259 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Alright, I'll pay $500 + shipping costs to any LE owner that will let me borrow their expression light-kit until Stern releases the official kit for Pro and Premium owners.
Once Stern releases the actual kits, then I'll buy one and ship yours back to you. And you just made $500 letting me rent your kit. Win win!
Send me a PM if you're interested.

I would do it if i had one! Good luck... someone should bite.

1 week later
#8625 1 year ago

Ya its in 0.97( the celestial voice quote)
I heard it once and it made me smile.

2 weeks later
#9008 1 year ago

Since no one else said it… your topper is pretty cool!

3 months later
#10968 1 year ago

Does anyone know the pinside handle on here for Ed Robertson? Thanks in advance…

1 week later
#11263 1 year ago

MapleSyrup ( Ed Robertson) came to my work so I got him to sign my translite! What a great guy.
He had a bksor in his dressing room!

6587E3D2-C5E8-4154-A280-586089801AD3 (resized).jpeg6587E3D2-C5E8-4154-A280-586089801AD3 (resized).jpeg
#11307 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

This is how my Pro came from the factory, left peg in the middle, right peg at the top.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Same

1 week later
#11573 1 year ago

Animal
I like your topper!

1 month later
#12257 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

For that, you really need to add this BSD mod to your collection . . .
[quoted image]

Oh wow! Is that ever cool… i want one!
I wonder if it would play weird with the flipper buttons on that angle though.
One ofe the most unique pins I have ever seen.

2 weeks later
#12598 1 year ago

Check out our snowfall warning time stamp!

0187DEB7-D70A-4FF7-9065-8FE27F146324 (resized).png0187DEB7-D70A-4FF7-9065-8FE27F146324 (resized).png
1 month later
#13340 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Feel free to make fun of my little $6 snow owl from Michael’s. I changed the 2 white lights to blue to make him look moonlit (that’s why the owl’s blue on the album).
[quoted image]

Looks Great!

#13486 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

https://crownlands.lnk.tt/FearlessWE
If you have five minutes spare, take a listen to this band. All I can say is this is the closest you'll ever get to any new "Rush" Music.
Truly stunning group, possibly the second coming ??
http://www.crownlandsmusic.com
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

These guys are coming to my work this Monday opening for “July Talk”. Looking forward to meeting them.

Quoted from Vespula:

I thought about your post when I changed it. I'm just all about Rush these days. Thankfully pins don't have feelings and pin-polygamy is encouraged.

Haha!
“Pin-polygamy “!
Love it.

#13534 1 year ago

Just got a frame for my Peart print.

4F384978-CFAB-4CF3-AF14-3EFB9FE42B7C (resized).jpeg4F384978-CFAB-4CF3-AF14-3EFB9FE42B7C (resized).jpeg
#13614 1 year ago

I ordered the EL kit from P1 mtl… it better not be more than nitro! I was told it would be priced at 499 usd, then do conversion when you pay, so 700 can (ish)… plus tax of course.
Pretty expensive mod for sure. Would love a topper but I just can’t justify the cost… you can buy an older pin for less ffs.

3 weeks later
#14072 11 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Yeah. Not a single Rush game at Allentown. Last year. That was the game in Cointaker's booth.

How does the game of the year not make it to arguably the show if the year??!!

#14136 11 months ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Installed the new motor and extended straight through cable. Not hard, but it seemed overly complicated to try and fit the #1 Phillips between boards and the majority of harness wires (the spinal cord of the machine). Those 4 Phillips screws are in tight and threadlocked too, so if you can't get enough pressure on them, just remove the 3 nuts that hold the ramp in. NOTE THE NUMBER OF TURNS for each Curious what others are set to. )
[quoted image]

Mine was 21 half turns on the left and only twelve on the right… weird.

#14139 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Turned it down. Turned it up. It changes it, but it doesn't make it any better. I'll have to look into the bending method, but as I try to imagine the surrounding metal this seems like the wrong place for that. Orbits, yes. Here, I'll be curious.

You could try a little piece of foam weather stripping up in the curved metal before bending it…put a tiny piece off centre to deflect the ball’s path slightly.

1 week later
#14324 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Don't get too excited. It's just a curved piece of acrylic plastic to create a ceiling over the ball. It'll eventually fade or get scratched and it looks like it might be a little bit more of a pain to installl

It is 2 screws that are easily accessible… not a pain to install at all.

1 week later
#14600 11 months ago

I also ordered an EL kit when they were announced. Was told “late April “… still no kit.
I am in Canada though so maybe the sled dog team is slower than usual getting it here.

2 weeks later
#15108 10 months ago

I am in the process of installing my ELK…
The instructions make no mention of the dip switches on the larger board…?
Can anyone tell me the correct switch assignments? Its a pro model…
Edit:
Nvm… found it. Thanks CrashJT

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tominator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=tominator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.