20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

30 plays and the mystery scoop protector was toast. With the metal bending it was also cutting into the playfield. Do yourself a favor and remove them immediately. [quoted image][quoted image]

I have a hunch that with no protector, it's just a matter of time before the artwork around the scoops will start chipping away.

1 week later
#417 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Just a warning to not remove your protectors. My playfield chipped and Stern is saying I need to bend back the damaged protector because removing it voids the warranty. Unfortunately I can't drive to do constant service calls when the protector blocks the scoop. Hoping mylar prevents it from getting worse.
[quoted image]

I had a hunch that might happen....

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Not sure how they could've they told me "engineering is working on it." What's really shitty about it is where it's chipped is so thin its almost like it just rubbed away. The art and clear are so thin they're hard to even see.

Are you saying the clearcoat practically doesn't exist?

1 week later
#623 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow. Talk about a fuuuugly kludge. I thought Stern engineers had degrees? This looks like something they picked up on Etsy. Shameful.

I've been in manufacturing for 38 years....trust me, an engineering degree doesn't mean sh!t these days. I've been a "one-man-show" since '90. I started my own cnc machine shop business in "99. Here I am...a high-school drop-out having to tell these mechanical engineers how to design their parts.

#641 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's also interesting that you can see where the wings inside were. They just cut the 3 wings off each one on the stock they had and used them rather than fix the design and make new, correct brackets.
Stern recommendation or no, I'm sticking mylar under than first thing and praying it holds up until the cliffy arrives. Cliff's gonna be a very busy boy.

I can also see us having to change out the balls on a much shorter span of time. The metal to metal contact that these "wing fingers" are going to cause the pinballs to get nicked up pretty quickly.

#722 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

This has to be a temporary fix Stern came up with. I’ve been trying to get ahold of my distro to talk about it. It looks like the “fix” will destroy balls and prevent the ball from entering from the sides. I’m thinking about passing on this mess and getting deposit back on my LE.

Totally agree on this.....I posted the same thing earlier, when I first saw this "fix".

I hope cliffy/mantis come up w/ a better fix. I'm thinking of bailing out on my premium.

#795 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1300444503 Deadflip on the Premium prototype 4 days ago. Older Code V.88. Center ramp is definitely wider on LE.

I thought the premium & LE had identical playfields?

#1208 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Mantis Metallica Protector Part II:
To get to the bottom scoop you must first disconnect and remove the upper scoop assembly, and then the lower scoop assembly.
That then leaves a thick (~3/32") aluminum bottom plate around the lower scoop, whose primary purpose seem to be to lower the bottom scoop lower than the top scoop assembly. I've attached 2 pics that show the issues with using a Mantis Metallic protector:
1) You would have to cut away a piece of the aluminum plate to fit the Mantis protector
2) The Mantis Protector would block one of the bottom scoop mounting holes
Personally at this point I'm going to wait out for Stern's final solution to see what it brings, as the interim solution shipped on the LEs seems to offer decent if not great protection. Depending on Stern's final solution and/or Cliffy/Mantis alternatives will determine the final best scoop protection.[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that the Metallica Mantis you have shown in the pic?

I have a cnc machine shop...I can make a modification or 2 to make it work.

#1209 2 years ago

What does the Stern VUK look like, assembled from the underside?

#1489 2 years ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

This turned out better than I had imagined… ahhhh the little things. Hope you are all having a blast playing pinball !!!!
[quoted image]

I like that starman decal. Where did you get it?

#1548 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Oh so close to being an LE owner today...unfortunately R&L ruined that for me...
[quoted image]

Damn...that sucks

#1641 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

thought i'd share the shirt design for the Rush launch party at AYCE GOGI this weekend[quoted image]

That looks awesome. Are these available to order?

#1876 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Rush Side Loop Switch Fix
As others have noted, the switch on the Side Loop (the shot between the Side Ramp and the Dead End Shot), has trouble registering strongly hit balls. I would estimate that less than 50% of my shots were being registered. This is not unique to my machine - I've seen it happen on just about every Rush I've seen on stream, and also on the Pro I've played on location. The problem is that fast balls will get some air going around that sharp turn, and won't fully depress the switch mechanism. You can try bending up the wire loop but you will risk bending it too far, and balls can get stuck when rolling down in the other direction.
This is not unique to Rush - I remember there was tight U turn shot on Rick and Morty that exhibited the exact same problem. The solution there was the exact same one here - swap out the physical switch with an MRS switch from Sonic
I contacted Matt last week and sent him some pictures - he had a switch mailed to me within a few days and I just installed it this morning. I took some pics while I was installing so thought I'd make a quick guide.
Here is the problem switch from both topside and bottom:
[quoted image][quoted image]
Here is what I got from Matt. The switch is very nicely made and fits perfectly in the slot.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
This is the original switch after removing the two hex screws fastening it to the playfield. The MRS has a nice length of tinned wire attached to it, so I just snipped off the two wires from the old switch.
[quoted image]
I then stripped the insulation of those wires about an inch, twisted the wires together, and soldered them. I used heat shrink tubing to prevent any shorts. Here is the final installed product:
[quoted image]
Lastly, this is what it looks like from above. The switch sits just below playfield level.
[quoted image]
I fired up the machine and played a test game and the switch worked perfectly. I didn't notice a single instance where it failed to trigger. I was just messing around at first just focusing on that one loop, but then got in the groove on ball 3 and ended up setting a new GC. Of course it was because of the switch.... LOL
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing

#1884 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Got the premium translite in today, think it turned out nice. Great colors!
[quoted image]

I'm hoping to buy the Pro translite to install on my premium. Are the translites already available for purchase?

#1885 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I have this on my Maiden. Here is an example.
[quoted image]

That looks good !!!

#1898 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Uh....You can get the Pro translite on a Pro model.

I have a premium on order. I just like the pro translite.

#1900 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

When did your distributor say to expect delivery of your premium? When did you order? I am trying to figure out when I can expect mine. Thx

I ordered my premium on day one. I was told to expect my machine some time in the 3rd qtr.

#1960 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I like the old school photos.
[quoted image]

That looks awesome

#1984 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Congrats on being one of the first to get a Prem. I just wish Stern would wait to ship the Prems until a final fix is implemented.

Once I get my premium, it won't be played until cliffy/mantis come up with a proper fix. I'm not going to wait on Stern. It's absolutely absurd that Stern would push this machine out the door with this issue.
I'm so glad that I have a CCr on order. At least CGC puts out a quality product.

#1996 2 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Received my LE yesterday. I must say the red flasher caps by Diddy Mods is a MUST! They look so nice - similar to Medisinyl's Elvira mods - this looks like it should have come this way.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1310-diddy-s-pinball-mods-/05762-rush-flasher-cap-covers-

I bought the same ones. They look awesome!!! The craftmanship is top notch.

I'm still waiting on my premium. Can't wait to see how they'll look in my machine.

#2137 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Does anyone make plastic protectors yet?

I plan on it.

#2472 2 years ago

You're off to a good start.....

#2481 2 years ago

Hearing all of these details make me want my premium more & more.

#2484 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Me too. So, apparently they are cranking out the Prems now?

I hope so....

#2599 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Here’s another pic...I am really interested to see if anything was done for the side scoop?
[quoted image]

So much for allowing the balls from entering from the sides.

I have to say, that is one FUGLY fix.

#2609 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

We'll see what Cliffy comes up with. I prefer keeping the side doors open if possible.

Same here....

I hope Cliff comes up with a better "fix".

#2724 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Spoke to Cliff this morning and we are “very close” to having a full set of protectors for Rush. I was told they are beautiful.

That is awesome news!!!!

#2734 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

As long as it works i guess, but Stern really phoned this one in!

It looks like something a 3rd grader would design....and that's being generous in my assessment.

#2989 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Hey everyone, I wanted to announce a new option to fix your scoops and protect your delicate parts...the "Rush TPU Scoop Protector" is real! Using NinjaCamp's "near-patent pending" technology we've been able to create what I believe is the ultimate fix for our scoop issues. Why is it the ultimate you ask? (I'm glad you asked) There are a couple of reasons:
1) Easy to install
2) No metal on metal
2) Excellent protection
4) Color choices!
Unlike traditional protectors, the TPU version will not cause additional wear to the ball, nor will the protector develop any ugly "wear spots" over time. Furthermore NinjaCamp's process allows for a paper thin top-side edge which improves the overall performance of the scoop. Don't believe me?? Well, first, go fuck yourself and second...just kidding about the first thing. In all seriousness, we've been testing these protectors in two locations for over three weeks with thousands of plays and zero issues! I'll also mention that the solution is aesthetically pleasing. We teamed up with Outpost Kodelia's amazing design team to produce a part so perfect that the "tuning fork" sound from the factory scoop is still in tact.
We will be selling this solution in two versions, full and partial protection. This allows for owners to decide if they wish to improve the front facing (extremely problematic) protector or both protectors using the same solution. Our engineering team has has also discovered that premium/LE versions of the game may have an additional metal bracket on the underside. We've developed this solution for both configurations, however we would prefer to know as we can slightly tweak the part to ensure a perfect fit.
I've attached a couple of pictures of the protector in "Ghost Rider Grey" and "Bastille Day Black". These should wet your appetite while we configure the store and finalize the details. Partial protection will cost $30 whereas the full protection will be $55. I highly recommend the full protection because it looks and works so awesome! Everything will be listed on Pinside (sales support these forums) and available to ship globally starting next week.
Lastly:
A little bit about NinjaCamp: NinjaCamp, entered into the mod business around the time that Rick and Morty was ending the production run. There were some problems to solve, including a very similar TPU portal protector (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/05107-rick-and-morty-tpu-portal-protector). We've had fantastic success with that part and subsequently have literally worked to patent the process of producing 3D printed TPU protectors. The quality and fit are amazing! You can read a little more about us on this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods. I encourage you to post questions there or PM me directly so that we don't clog up this thread too much, but hell...it is a forum so do whatever you like .

That's a very impressive design...but being made of plastic, I wonder how long these will last.

#3085 2 years ago

It's a shame that the blue "horse blinders" is the final fix for the scoop.

#3115 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is that the final resolution of the scoop? Blue rubber pads? What about the side scoop? I didn’t watch the full 2 hour video. Those blue pads look terrible. I honestly can’t believe stern cant get the scoop protection right, pinball machines have only had scoops for what 30+ years? Godzilla, mando don’t seem to have scoop issues, why should rush be different? If it’s final, I will be purchasing the aftermarket dual scoop protection, but am pretty pissed I have to do this.

Yes, the horse blinders are the final fix, from what I've heard. I don't think Stern is adding any other protection to the side scoop.

#3127 2 years ago

My hopes is that Cliff & Kerry can work together on the protector solution. A "double wammy" of sorts, that will use both of their products.

I really admire the 3D printed solution. I'm going to wait before ordering to see how that version holds up to game play.

#3364 2 years ago
Quoted from Fussa71:

Most carnauba waxes are good
P21 is really good
[quoted image]

I've always used this stuff...
https://www.pinballlife.com/blitz-carnauba-paste-wax-12-ounce-jar.html

#3425 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...I thought my music games sounded good. Then I got Pinwoofer and never looked back. (I still use a Klipsch sub on my games as well just because I'm OCD about my sound.)
YOU'RE WELCOME, ASSHOLE!

Just ordered the KO kit for my Rush premium.

#3620 2 years ago
Quoted from Mookie:

Expression lights are ON now.
Pablo from Stern walked me thru it.
Checked power supply connections to Node board . Then followed power line up into the top cabinet area below back glass.. CN4 ..it felt connected but needed to be reconnected..
Hope this helps .
Pablo said the scoop fix is not completed yet, when it is , the distributer will reach out to us and send the fix to us. [quoted image]

#3898 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Wreathed in smoke in Lebanon
We burned the midnight oil

I have 10 CD jukeboxes....this disc is in every one of them.

#3907 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

More Pinwoofer and maybe this isn't the place!!
I have Pinwoofer's kit on Rush and it sounds amazing. Dan over there probably the greatest guys out there just wanting to make sure you are happy.
I'm mainly a premium guy but Rush went LE on all my premiums I installed Kenwoods with Speaker Lights.
My gripe was the blue cone of the Pyle's. Blue isn't my color I know it's petty. I also couldn't believe the Pyle's could really be far better than the Kenwoods. (was hoping to save money on future kits by not eliminating the Pyle's) So I swapped the Kenwoods back in yeah sound quality went down and Dan wasn't full of it. So back in with the Pyle's.
I'm 36 and would like to think my hearing is still somewhat decent lol.
I just picked up a Polk external sub and can't wait to see what that does.
Again I'd love to reiterate how amazing Dan has been on just answering my endless questions. The system is very very easy to install!
LE 24
[quoted image]

My pinwoofer kit arrived today. I'm still waiting on my premium to arrive.

#3908 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Yes!!! I'd also say order his PinWoofer Ground Loop Isolator Kit.

What's up with that?

#4028 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm still on Windows 7 lol. I only use this computer as my music library. Impossible to find a laptop that still has a cd drive. Got this at a pawn shop specifically for music.
But thanks again for all your help bub.

I have 4 Dell m1730 laptops that are running windows 7. I run my MasterCam software from them. MasterCam cost me $30k+ back in 2005. I got tired of paying over $2k maintenance every year....so I'm stuck running version X3. It does everything I need and then some. I bought the 3 additional M1730 laptops as back-ups. Even though they're considered "dinosaurs"...they are kick @ss laptops. I cloned my original hard drives....now, if something goes wrong, I can just grab another laptop and keep going.

#4029 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Haven't updated code yet (fingers crossed) cause basketball, but I did finally hook up my sub...
HOLY FUCKIN SCHNIKIES
Literally night and day difference. Great day for the wife to go drink with her friends..bye lol
TURN IT THE FUCK UP!!!

Did you go with the pinwoofer KO upgrade kit?

#4035 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just can't afford right now. Soon though! Gotta sell Breakshit first.
Right now running an Orb Audio Uber Ten 300 watt sub. It came with the house in 2013 lol.
Sounds INCREDIBLE

My pinwoofer kit arrived a couple days ago. Wish I could provide an opinion, but I'm still waiting for my premium to arrive.

#4039 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I honestly don't think I've read a bad review on Pinwoofer. Unanimous love so far. Which tells me I gotta get one, or four lol.
Congrats Tim! I'm sure you're gonna love the pin and the upgraded sound. Anxious for you to get yours so I can stop by to hear it. Any date from your distro yet?

No word on delivery yet....

As for upgraded sound, I've updated a lot of my pins w/ Flipper Fidelity. That improved the sound on those pins. This is my 1st complete sound upgrade kit. I hear nothing but good about pinwoofer...that's why I decided to make the purchase.

#4102 2 years ago

I bought a set of Houdini steampunk flipper bat toppers from American Pinball a couple weeks ago. I planned on installing them on my Rush pin. I forgot that Rush has 3 flippers....doh!!!

I just went to purchase another set....but they are sold out now....(just my luck).

Does anyone have a single spare lying around that they'd be willing to sell?

#4148 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Do you have a link to this product? Thanks.

Contact Sonic, here on pinside.

#4156 2 years ago

I ordered mine as soon as I saw that is was for sale. I'm hoping that this will provide adequate protection, where a "cliffy" style protector isn't needed at all. Nothing against Cliffy, he makes great stuff as well. I just don't like that "fork solution". I REALLY hate the horse blinder solution that Stern came up with.

#4232 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

The felt pad pushes the ball down and keeps it from going airborne!
I was amazed it actually does NOT slow it down.
TIP
I did cut my felt strip in half. If too long, it will not stick as good and was coming off. I found shortening it, made it perfect!

What was the length, width, and thickness of the felt that you used?

#4381 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

A true rush fan would have 3 stooges mod

Or southpark.....

#4449 2 years ago
Quoted from Tortfesor:

Today I dove in and installed NinjaCamp's Scoop protector. A little challenge to get it all apart, but not too bad. The protector fit in perfectly! I decided to get some small washers to put on the posts holding down the protector. I could not find clear acrylic like others here have posted, but did find small black fiber 1/4" washers at Home Deport that look and work great to prevent any twisting of the protector at the 3 post sites, instead of the factory metal washers. Pics attached. Thanks Aniraf!! I've only had my machine a few weeks and after a few hundred plays, the cheap Stern protectors were nearly trash as the corners lifted way up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just ordered the ninja protector. I hope it holds up.....From what I've read so far, it should.

#4545 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Now working on the topper. Just ordered this mini R40 retro kit, the craftsman's is impressive...

That's pretty cool. Where did you buy it?

#4573 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Here's my solution to the switch not activating on that tight loop shot. The switch actuated on fast shots, it's just that the ball lifts up going around the tight bend missing the actuator.
I made a cover around the loop using clear PETG I have for making plastics. It's only held on by the 2 nuts on the outside loop plastic. It's cantilevered over the loop to give a little bit of flex.
So far on 5 or 6 games the ball has registered every shot around that loop. So another approach to getting the switch to register the shot.
Now to get the bottom side scoop switch to register reliability and eliminate both ball traps on the moving ramp...
[quoted image]

I really like that...I might go this route.

#4683 2 years ago

#4684 2 years ago

I thought orders weren't being taken until January of this year?

#4700 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Blew my printer out of ink but, man! It's all starting to make sense now![quoted image]

That's cool....

Care to share the file?

#4812 2 years ago

My mini guitars, (from Amazon) arrived today.

I plan on adding a little extra "bling" to the playfield.....

Dsc_6305_1 (resized).jpgDsc_6305_1 (resized).jpg
#4818 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

This was actually a terrible idea. CV's severely underpowered and sounded like shit.
Savin up for the Pinwoofers...

I thought those looked like some old school Cerwin Vegas.

#4822 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Just installed my ninja camp TPU protector.. Very straight forward install, fits very well and looks great. Initial 1st couple games, and it works awesome. No twang due to hitting forks. I put the posts on 3/4 inch lexan washers and it worked perfect.

How thick are the washers?

#4858 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Is that what Stern told you, or an educated guess? They acknowledged in the stream that their vendor used an inferior metal (to replace what they apparently weren’t able to source). I’m convinced that my Premium used the “normal” grade of metal that stands up to abuse, e.g. the kind Cliffy has always used. No wear at all to the top scoop protector, after 500 plays. So maybe they’re fabricating a replacement. I have a hard time believing a plastic protector will outlast a properly-made metal protector. But this is the first time it’s been tried, so I’ll be happy to be wrong!

Do you have the "forks" on the lower scoop? To me, that's a horrible fix. The pinballs are going to get nicked all to hell.

#4959 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m mad at myself because I know I bought this CD at the show, and I can’t find it anywhere now. I’m gonna have to throw it into the cart with Permanent Waves and Signals. And for god’s sake, everyone here should grab this for $29.38 ($4.20 per release):
amazon.com link »

I'd jump on this, but I've had all of the rush CDs for what seems like forever.

#4973 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Here's the official Stern scoop protector replacement link:
https://sternpinball.com/support/rush-kits/

This fix is a piece of sh!t,

I'm glad I bought the Ninja protector.

Stern...you need to hire better mechanical engineers.

#4974 2 years ago

#5080 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

All my metal buddies love em, don't give a shit.
Jukebox SKIP

Speaking of Rush and jukeboxes....

Jammin' to Rush right now on one of my jukeboxes.
DSC_6321 (resized).JPGDSC_6321 (resized).JPG

#5182 2 years ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Yay! They just arrived!

Where does the switch go?

#5189 2 years ago

Quoted from pduffy:Installed the Ninja Camp protector today. Took me about an hour. I had the black plastic spacers fall into the scoops. Not easy to fish out. Lol! The scoop is working great but every other eject is draining. Not every one…which is odd.
I guess my question is do we know what is happening to the playfield under the scoop protector at the front or sides? I am afraid the playfield may be getting beat up underneath but you just can’t see it.
My wife also made me my pincup design as well. Came out awesome. Love it.[quoted image][quoted image]

It's nice to see some Premiums are being shipped. Still no word from my distributor on my premium....

#5396 2 years ago
Quoted from Wizrdofwor:

My technical issue is consistent rapid wear on right catapult bumper. The rubber wears out in just two weeks. The wear is on the corner impact. I have no unusual wear anywhere else. I have replaced this O Ring FOUR times already.
I use 2” Rubber O Ring. An added frustration is that the playing surface gets very grimy with all this rubber breaking off in such a short time.
Any advice?[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that black rubber transfers to the playfield art quickly on this pin.

1 week later
#5810 1 year ago

My Rush Premium shipped on Monday. Scheduled to arrive on Thursday.

#5851 1 year ago

I don't know if this had been asked before....

Can someone provide the Stern box dimensions?

#5853 1 year ago

Does the box have a bottom? Can the box be removed from the pallet and trucked into the house with a dolly?

#5868 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hey man if you need any help with this just Lemmy know.

According to FedEx, I have the highest level of delivery. They're supposed to deliver inside my house and haul away all of the packing.

We'll see how that goes.

#5889 1 year ago

My Rush premium just arrived...

I found this lying in the bottom of the box.

Does anyone know where it goes?

DSC_6427 (resized).JPGDSC_6427 (resized).JPG
#5891 1 year ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I think it may be part of the coin mechanisms on the coin door.

You're absolutely right.

Thank you !!!

#5892 1 year ago

My Rush premium is up and running...

Holy Cow !!!

This machine plays FAST.....

DSC_6426 (resized).JPGDSC_6426 (resized).JPGDSC_6430 (resized).JPGDSC_6430 (resized).JPG
#5902 1 year ago
Quoted from trt8ian:

Hi CrashJT,
Are you concerned or have run into ball damage from the exposed area on that replacement scoop guard (P/N 511-3057-00)? Especially on side hits coming off the top flipper. I expressed to Stern possibly an edge protector or something. Tech said they would review and get back but that was a couple weeks ago.

I was concerned as soon as I saw the "fix" that Stern came up with.

#5910 1 year ago

This is a perfect example as to why I don't like Stern pinball machines.....They go the cheapest route on everything.

Look at these cheap @ss $3.00 speakers that they have mounted in the backbox.

My plan is to replace them, (along with the lower cabinet subwoofer) with MUCH better speakers. (I'm adding an external amp as well).

Yes, I bought the Pinwoofer kit.

DSC_6452 (resized).JPGDSC_6452 (resized).JPGDsc_6454_1 (resized).jpgDsc_6454_1 (resized).jpg
#5912 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You'll be blown away with how good pinwoofers sound in Rush, might be the best sounding game I've owned, and I've put them in at least 8 games now.

I'm looking forward to it.....

#5924 1 year ago

I just installed a shaker motor in my premium.

It's a game changer....nicely implemented into the gameplay and not "over-done".

#5928 1 year ago

I remember reading somewhere that I need to adjust the speaker Olms on my Rush pin?

What do I need to set it at, and where do I find that setting?

#5932 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyTucson:

Which shaker motor did you install? I have seen a Rev C version (pbl-100-0020-00) and a Factory Authorized kit for Spike / Spike 2 (502-5027-01)... wondering which one is best to buy...

I bought the spike 2 version from pinball life

#5939 1 year ago

Yeah....I know.....

It's corny.....

I added a couple miniature Rush guitars to my playfield. Nothing permanent. Just mounted them with velcro.

DSC_6473 (resized).JPGDSC_6473 (resized).JPG
#5946 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

I bought that for my pro can’t Wait install I also got the speaker light kit.
[quoted image]

Where did you get the speaker light kit?

#5971 1 year ago

I added a real knocker to my premium today.

DSC_6478 (resized).JPGDSC_6478 (resized).JPG
#5992 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Could you tell me how you set it up in the settings i can’t seem to get mine working

Did you buy the knocker kit from Pinball Life?

#5996 1 year ago

I purchased the Pinwoofer KO speaker kit to install in my Rush premium...

I've decided to purchase the speaker light kit from speakerlightkits.com. I think the lit speakers look cool. I also plan on ordering the 5.25 speaker cut-out plates. My goal is to make my premium look more like the LE machine.

A question that I have...I really like the reflective silver face on the Kenwood KFC-1366S speakers that Stern uses in the LE pins. Do you think these will sound good w/ Pinwoofer kit? Has anyone tried this? The Kenwoods are rated at 4 ohm just like the Pyle speakers that are in Pinwoofer kit.

Dsc_6454_1 (resized).jpgDsc_6454_1 (resized).jpgkenwood (resized).jpgkenwood (resized).jpg
#6023 1 year ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

The eagle... er.... umm... owl has landed!!
[quoted image]

It's amazing seeing some of these boxes arrive in prestige condition. My box was the same size as the skid. None of the straps were on the box. The box had lots of crushed areas. Thankfully, the machine was OK.

#6148 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

For a while now we've been including extra spacers with every order. That way if someone loses one or if they're moving from the blinders to our protector they're already covered. We started doing that the moment we learned that the blinders subtracted a spacer.

My order didn't include spacers or washers.

#6200 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Great news for those wanting to replace some songs on their Rush pins, Pinball Browser now works on the Rush v0.93 code! Will try to replace YYZ and upload a video of the progress.

I'd love to see them add In The Mood....

#6263 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Love the speakers!
Where did you get?

I ordered the same speaker upgrade.....
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

Here's the link to the speaker light kit....
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html
You'll need to order the 5.25 speaker cut-out plates, as well as the colored acrylic surround plates.

#6420 1 year ago

I like that artwork the best too. I bought 2 pro translites. One is staying in this back-lit frame. I have the glass & channel plastic to assemble a quick swap in for my premium.

Dsc_6535_1 (resized).jpgDsc_6535_1 (resized).jpg
#6533 1 year ago

This is my 1st attempt at updating code in a Stern Spike pin. I noticed that one of the two USB slots is already occupied by a thumb drive. Do I leave that thumb drive it the slot and use the other slot for the update?

Also, Is there a way to save my high scores prior to updating?

DSC_6547 (resized).JPGDSC_6547 (resized).JPG
#6536 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

The other USB is occupied by the network adapter. If you're not using IC, or updating via wireless, just pull it.
Your high scores will remain. Stern will warn before a scoring correction is made.

Thanks for the help...

#6540 1 year ago

Just finished the update using my USB. Update was successful.

#6571 1 year ago

I really like the DJ mixer.....I think it'd be cool if Stern installed the complete Rush music library to the machine........Make it a "complete" Rush jukebox. I'd pay extra for that.

#6573 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Good old usb, 1st try, great new callouts, " spot me a quarter Geddy"
[quoted image]

cool keychain.

#6679 1 year ago

I tend to like the pro translite artwork on my premium.

Dsc_6550_1 (resized).jpgDsc_6550_1 (resized).jpg
#6705 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My Rush shooter

pretty cool !!!

#6707 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

ebay.com link: itm

Thanks....how hard was it to attach to the shooter rod? Does anyone sell bare shooter rods?

#6745 1 year ago

I'm looking forward to finally get my Clockwork Angels translite. It's finally cleared U.S. customs.

TRANSLITE (resized).jpgTRANSLITE (resized).jpg
#6869 1 year ago

My Clockwork Angels Tour translite arrived today. It looks great!!!

Dsc_6582_1 (resized).jpgDsc_6582_1 (resized).jpg
#6912 1 year ago

I've added a few more CDs to my Rush collection. I'm currently at 52 CDs...Some of these unofficial recordings sound pretty good.

I'm still looking for the Hemispheres In Concert CD.

#6960 1 year ago

I'm curious.....
Has anyone installed the mantis protector on the front scoop? If so, what is your opinion?

The same goes to the Cliffy protector set....(I kind of regret buying this now, considering it has the forks over the cliffy on the front scoop).

I've bought both, but have yet to install either version.

I've also bought, (but haven't installed) the TPU scoop protector.

I've had my Rush premium for about 2 months now. It still has the "horse blinder" protection that Stern came up with as the "final fix".

I'm wondering if the Mantis will work with Cliffy's protector, minus the forks.

#7029 1 year ago

I have the pinwoofer kit hooked up to my Rush premium. I was thinking about ordering the headphone jack/volume control from Pinball Life. Has anyone done this? If so, what is your opinion?

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html

1 week later
#7236 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

HEY GUYS JUST HEARD THIS TRACK CALLED "THE CAMERA EYE" AND HOLY SHIT!!
You guys ever hear that one? Bonkers.

Dude, you are SO behind in knowing Rush....

These guys have been kicking @ss since '68

LOL

#7418 1 year ago

I just rated the premium. According to pinside, the rating should be listed in the top 100 the next time the updated listing comes out.

#7476 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Watched RayDays vids today. Learned a ton and now I absolutely love this game. I bet I put 40 games on it today. The code is fantastic the shots are amazing. I will admit I blew this game off after 2 plays on location.

link?

#7500 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

Haven't unboxed My RUSH LE.
But Stern sent a new protector set a while back and trough kit.
Am I better off buying other protectors. And why the trough kit?

Protector set?

1 week later
#7762 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:Speaker panel artwork is one of my favorite mods. I am surprised Stern has not begun offering their own license versions.
My Led Zeppelin and Rush speaker panels arrived this evening and I think they look fantastic. Deadpool and Godzilla are here on a temporary trade otherwise they would be on those. My Jurassic Park and avengers also have them installed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I bought the speaker artwork for my Premium.
I went in another direction though...I installed the pinwoofer kit and lighted speakers. I think it looks better than the artwork panel.

Dsc_6562_1 (resized).jpgDsc_6562_1 (resized).jpg
#7791 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Look what just showed up! Dog approved!
[quoted image]

You're gonna love it....

1 week later
#8061 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:id love to add the pro translite to my premium, can you get these anywhere?

https://cointaker.com/products/rush-pro-translite

2 weeks later
#8400 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I have joined the club with a Premium. I am really enjoying the game so far.
Two questions-
1. I'm a little frustrated that Stern now includes Insider. They are kind of like the cable company when they add new channels I'll never watch and increase the price of my service telling me it is better and worth more. Since I assume I cannot realistically remove the Stern Insider feature from the game physically I wanted to see if anyone on here has done anything creative to cover up that code reader box on the apron? It looks terrible - and I assume that was on purpose so people would see it in a bar/arcade environment.
2. I saw through searching that at least one pinsider put the playfield protector on and had a few notes. Has anyone else done so? What was your experience with this game? Tips and tricks appreciated. Doing a topside teardown seems to me to be harder on this one than some of my other titles.

I installed this magnetic apron on my Premium.

DSC_6477 (resized).JPGDSC_6477 (resized).JPG
#8424 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

just push the action button on the lock bar and the next time you hit the ramp the diverter will change the path to the other ramp. The flashers on the bottom of the playfield will tell you what ramp it will go to also.

Other than diverting the ball to either the left or right inlane...what's the purpose? Is the diverter there only to set up your next shot?

#8633 1 year ago

Just my 2 cents...

Just played the new code.

I want the old skill shot put back in. One chance...then auto-launch kicks in. I liked that feature.

1 week later
#8904 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:This is the new default. I don't love it, but it is what it is. I don't know if there's a setting to change this behavior.

I totally agree. I wish Stern would put in an adjustment setting...skill shot on/off.

7 months later
#13501 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Finally wiped my scores per Stern's recs today - I like the updated default score "holder" names!

Do you have a link to the instructions?

1 month later
#14539 11 months ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

OK just got notification from Game Exchange my Topper and Lights are ready to ship and they are finally getting more of the accessories in from Stern

I wish I'd hear something from CoinTaker....

#14693 11 months ago
Quoted from flofixer:

I bought Expression Lights from Pinball Life. Ordered them on Sunday 5/14/23 and they shipped out the next day.

Still no word from CoinTaker on my EL lights & shooter rod.....

#14768 10 months ago

I noticed that PBL is selling the playfield plastics for the Pro, (I have the premium).
The only noticeable difference I see in the plastics is the VUK plastic. Are there any other differences?

#14803 10 months ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Just got emails Marcos has toppers and lights in stock.
So does this mean everyone else is getting their stuff in. Hopefully flipinout.

Sold out on the EL lights

4 months later
#16902 5 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

On the live album. All the World's a Stage. Geddy says. "And now, the professor of the drum kit." Before Neil's solo.

He says...."ladies and gentlemen, the professor of the drum kit".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=indypinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.