C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 434.
#10601 7 years ago

So when i was considering my first pin it was between Ghostbusters and Metallica, and thank god i did not get Ghostbusters. Amazing artwork, and sounds... the gameplay... lord. So many center drains and side drains, thank god the game was on free play or i'd be broke.

#10602 7 years ago

Just ordered the Monsters Premium today from Trent......giggitty........

#10603 7 years ago

i Will get m'y road case tomorrow

#10604 7 years ago

Now that I'm basically done with Alien I'm ready to get back to my own pinball projects again, and that means finishing the Metallica mod I've had sitting half done for the last two years ...

#10605 7 years ago

This thread is sooo long and I don't want to go through all the posts but I was asking if there is a way to adjust the flipper button tension. My other games flip so easy, nice and loose, but when I play my MET it feels like I have to push the buttons so hard. Do I just adjust the leaf spring switches? I hate to mess with the switches much but if that's the solution I guess that's what I have to do.

#10606 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Now that I'm basically done with Alien I'm ready to get back to my own pinball projects again, and that means finishing the Metallica mod I've had sitting half done for the last two years ...

What is it? Give us a hint. Hopefully it will be for both the premium and pro versions.

#10607 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

This thread is sooo long and I don't want to go through all the posts but I was asking if there is a way to adjust the flipper button tension. My other games flip so easy, nice and loose, but when I play my MET it feels like I have to push the buttons so hard. Do I just adjust the leaf spring switches? I hate to mess with the switches much but if that's the solution I guess that's what I have to do.

Really are two options here.

1 - replace the buttons
2 - disassemble the buttons and fix them

For some reason some buttons have a little extra slag on them from the mfg process. This slag creates a tighter fit and can even make some buttons stick. I've had a couple of them of which I've just taken them apart and sanded the inner areas that slide on each other and that's fixed them all. Once you get it apart you'll see it but for the most part it's the cup that normally has some extra plastic that rubs against the button itself.

#10608 7 years ago

I sold my Pro stock and have some nice mods that were pulled. I can bring these to Allentown Pinfest and bundling would be preferred on some of them that go together so make me an offer. I can get pics soon but I have a promium thread somewhere here also that has detailed pics.

Metallica etched custom candy purple Armor, legs-lockbar-etched rails-etched hinges
$400

Purple metal apron with custom lit sparky flashers
$225

Total lighshow color changing GI kit
Plug and play Metallica Pro colour GI Theatre lighting kit. Incl Matrix Interceptor, GI Interceptor, cables, sockets, hardware. INCLUDES cointaker bulbs and colors to match the premium.
$240

Total lightshow audio plugin for spinner sounds, brand new never used
$50

Hooked Spinners
$75 (SOLD)

Premium Rising Gravemarker assembly and power board that plugs into the total lightshow for rising it just as the premium does during gravemarker multiball
$275 (SOLD)

#10609 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I sold my Pro stock and have some nice mods that were pulled. I can bring these to Allentown Pinfest and bundling would be preferred on some of them that go together so make me an offer. I can get pics soon but I have a promium thread somewhere here also that has detailed pics.
Metallica etched custom candy purple Armor, legs-lockbar-etched rails-etched hinges
$400
Purple metal apron with custom lit sparky flashers
$225
Total lighshow color changing GI kit
Plug and play Metallica Pro colour GI Theatre lighting kit. Incl Matrix Interceptor, GI Interceptor, cables, sockets, hardware. INCLUDES cointaker bulbs and colors to match the premium.
$240
Total lightshow audio plugin for spinner sounds, brand new never used
$50
Hooked Spinners
$75
Premium Rising Gravemarker assembly and power board that plugs into the total lightshow for rising it just as the premium does during gravemarker multiball
$275

Is your total light show good for the led version of Met?

#10610 7 years ago
Quoted from mdelorenzo:

Is your total light show good for the led version of Met?

Yes mine was the LED

#10611 7 years ago

Well, didn't take long for the Sparky protector plastic to break. It's been installed for only a week.

20170424_202315 (resized).jpg20170424_202315 (resized).jpg

#10612 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What is it? Give us a hint. Hopefully it will be for both the premium and pro versions.

Will work for all versions of the game, will have original art and interactive lighting, it's not a topper.

#10613 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Well, didn't take long for the Sparky protector plastic to break. It's been installed for only a week.

Looks like it broke right at a web line where it was weakened. Ask if they will replace it with their clear protector. The clear one doesn't have any etched web design and may be less prone to failure.

#10614 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Looks like it broke right at a web line where it was weakened. Ask if they will replace it with their clear protector. The clear one doesn't have any etched web design and may be less prone to failure.

Gryszzz sent this to me for free, so I've got no reason to complain other than it broke so fast. I'll likely replaced it with a clear protector because it did do it's purpose of eliminating air balls from that area.

#10615 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Will work for all versions of the game, will have original art and interactive lighting, it's not a topper.

Wow I remember you hinting about this awhile ago....time to get to work Aurich! Just don't post it in the infamous "Mod removal" thread
This time finish the darn thing.

#10616 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I got royally ripped off by Metallica today. Was 1 shot away from completing For Whom The Bell Tolls, started 2X scoring annnnnnd... the ball comes out of the Fuel dead-end, bounces off the lane guide, and right down the outlane. Missed what would have been a 200M jackpot.
I raged and was tilted for about fifteen games. I don't think I've ever been that mad at pinball before.

Just popping in to say I've finally redeemed myself from this moment. Played a while yesterday and completed FWTBT, hit the 2x playfield, and cashed out a 175M jackpot. Not quite 200M but the total for the mode was over 200 so I felt good about it. Not to mention the extra points collected from the after-mode cash ins. Ended up putting up a new GC of 450M. Now to pass 500...

#10617 7 years ago

Yay... I'm officially an owner

met_side (resized).jpgmet_side (resized).jpg

met_pro (resized).jpgmet_pro (resized).jpg

#10618 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Wow I remember you hinting about this awhile ago....time to get to work Aurich! Just don't post it in the infamous "Mod removal" thread
This time finish the darn thing.

Haha yeah, back when I was first hinting it I thought I was gonna be close to getting it done, and then Alien came in and sucked up all my free pinball project time. I'm over putting any more time into Alien, time to get back to my own projects and let that game be what it's gonna be at this point. It's been 2 f**king years.

But my goal is to get the people in the mod removal thread to admit it's better than that stock thing it replaces!

#10619 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Gryszzz sent this to me for free

Just wait and see what happens when you drive 5+ hours to buy a machine from him. LOL
Just kidding man. See ya tomorrow.

#10620 7 years ago

hi at home since today

IMG_20170425_173937 (resized).jpgIMG_20170425_173937 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170425_170258 (resized).jpgIMG_20170425_170258 (resized).jpg

#10621 7 years ago

if someone is interrested,i have these for sale ,i made a mistake when i bought it(it was for the first run)

IMG_20170425_173957 (resized).jpgIMG_20170425_173957 (resized).jpg

#10622 7 years ago

Loving my MET Pro. Couple newbie questions regarding the orbit pop up post in the back center.

Is it supposed to pop up during plunge? It makes the skill shot virtually impossible to miss if you set it to the left lane. I prefer a more difficult skill shot. A setting I'm sure.

I've also noticed the post is up when I hit the left orbit. The red arrow is lit indicating I should shoot the left orbit but when I do the ball just hits the post and comes back out the same way it went in. The arrow light doesn't go out and I get no feedback that I did anything good lol.

Thanks for any clarification on these.

#10623 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Loving my MET Pro. Couple newbie questions regarding the orbit pop up post in the back center.
Is it supposed to pop up during plunge? It makes the skill shot virtually impossible to miss if you set it to the left lane. I prefer a more difficult skill shot. A setting I'm sure.
I've also noticed the post is up when I hit the left orbit. The red arrow is lit indicating I should shoot the left orbit but when I do the ball just hits the post and comes back out the same way it went in. The arrow light doesn't go out and I get no feedback that I did anything good lol.

It is supposed to. If you hold the left flipper button at launch, it drops to allow for the super skill shot. The ball comes down to the flipper, then you have to make one of the lit shots within a few seconds.

#10624 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I noticed the same thing on mine

#10625 7 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I noticed the same thing on mine

A lot of us have swapped the post with a metal one to prevent this. The ball is supposed to hit the post, then drop to the pops. There is a link to the metal post about every 4 pages in this thread.

Once I finally got the metal post adjusted properly, the ball hits the pops almost every time.

#10626 7 years ago

Also on the post, it is supposed to be up for most orbit shots. It goes down for combo shots.

#10627 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

The one lit red arrow doesn't necessarily mean you should hit that shot on this game. Explore a bit more with it and you'll be quite satisfied when you figure it out. And you should always super-skill shot (hold left flipper at plunge) when playing for fun.

#10628 7 years ago
Quoted from joemoney24:

The one lit red arrow doesn't necessarily mean you should hit that shot on this game. Explore a bit more with it and you'll be quite satisfied when you figure it out. And you should always super-skill shot (hold left flipper at plunge) when playing for fun.

For a while after I got Met, I was thinking the lit red shot was like the combo shows in GoT. In that game you want to follow the shots.

But Like Joe just said, explore the rules more and it unlocks a lot more depth.

#10629 7 years ago

Awesome responses! Thanks everyone! Excited to get home and go for the super skill shot now!

#10630 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Awesome responses! Thanks everyone! Excited to get home and go for the super skill shot now!

Was a game changer for me and my wife when I learned about the super skill shot a month ago right here in this thread.

#10631 7 years ago

And if you hold the left flipper and soft plunge into the pops, i believe that is the hardest skill shot.

#10632 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

And if you hold the left flipper and soft plunge into the pops, i believe that is the hardest skill shot.

Yep if you soft plunge into the right lane it is 4x and the left lane is 2x super skillshot.

#10633 7 years ago

I did this Sparky & hammer for RichieWrench of Chicago.

3demon-MET-Hammer (resized).jpg3demon-MET-Hammer (resized).jpg

2demon-sparky-Apr25'17 (resized).jpg2demon-sparky-Apr25'17 (resized).jpg

1demon-sparky-Apr25'17 (resized).jpg1demon-sparky-Apr25'17 (resized).jpg

#10634 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But my goal is to get the people in the mod removal thread to admit it's better than that stock thing it replaces!

Back of the playfield plastic with awesome artwork instead of the electic pinballs with much cooler lighting than 2 white flashers.

No brainer.

#10635 7 years ago

Wow McLean. Another outstanding detail job. Add that to the Sparky reference page. I'm curious how you made the horns & materials used (hydraulic clay?)

One of these builds you should really take some photos to document the entire process. Outstanding

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-you-create-a-custom-sparkyi-have-questions

#10636 7 years ago

I need my sparky turned into Lemmy!

#10637 7 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Thanks fytr bridgeman ironic, as just Thor morning I tried backhanding it, much more predictable!! Love this game

100% agree with backhanding, but wanted to add that intentional forehand bank shots off the FUEL targets is definitely doable.

The bank shot takes some momentum off the ball, too, the return isn't too bad. YMMV.

#10638 7 years ago

Damn. Sorry to see that Rick. Good news is the other Rick in WV only charges $6 for the clear one.

#10639 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Really are two options here.
1 - replace the buttons
2 - disassemble the buttons and fix them
For some reason some buttons have a little extra slag on them from the mfg process. This slag creates a tighter fit and can even make some buttons stick. I've had a couple of them of which I've just taken them apart and sanded the inner areas that slide on each other and that's fixed them all. Once you get it apart you'll see it but for the most part it's the cup that normally has some extra plastic that rubs against the button itself.

Thanks I'll give that a try first or replace the buttons. It's hard to believe the leaf switches could give that much tension and adjusting them was what was suggested previously.

#10640 7 years ago

Acutally -- I am from Bloomington, IL...LOL

#10641 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Back of the playfield plastic with awesome artwork instead of the electic pinballs with much cooler lighting than 2 white flashers.
No brainer.

#10642 7 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

I did this Sparky & hammer for RichieWrench of Chicago.

Acutually from Bloomington, IL -- Does not matter -- This is amazing -- I love it -- I asked him to go over the top and do something original and something that has not been done before -- He spent alot of time on this and made a masterpiece -- Great job. Amazing Work -- Truly one of the best done to date.

#10643 7 years ago

The line for Aurich's mod starts behind me. It's going to completely change the look of the game because of what is normally staring you in the face during most of the gaemplay. Plus it will enhance the "world inside a box" aspect.

#10644 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The line for Aurich's mod starts behind me

I'm cutting in front of ya and yer gonna let me.

#10646 7 years ago

Stoked to hear this. That is kinda the one and only spot (to me) that needs an artistic reinterpretation.
DON'T LET ME DOWN.

#10647 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm cutting in front of ya and yer gonna let me.

Sorry, the "Aurich hammer 30" get in line first, I hope haha.

#10648 7 years ago

Ive been in line for 2 years! Cant wait to see what he has come up with.
Harley D.

#10649 7 years ago

I'm not talking about the hammer mod guys. I'm hoping he's talking about the back cab art behind Sparky.

#10650 7 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Once I finally got the metal post adjusted properly, the ball hits the pops almost every time.

What adjustments did you make to the metal post? Mine still seems to bounce back at least 75% of the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 29.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 149.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/213?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.