C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 434.
#10451 7 years ago

Beer break...

IMG_0435 (resized).JPGIMG_0435 (resized).JPG

#10452 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just played a game and was befuddled when I got to enter my initials....all my high scores reset. Wtf?
Last night during a game it stopped mid ball like a drain then came back on 2 seconds later. Also seems like the sub is fading in and out. Lectrical issue?

My memory is bad but there is a setting somewhere that resets high scores after a period of time. I tried looking through the menu but cannot find it. I had that happen on my ST and thought something broke.

The game shutting off mid game is a reset and a mpu power issue. Sound issues would be something different but I'm no tech. I would check your sub connections for one thing. Also check to see if hitting both flippers during a game causes any resets.

#10453 7 years ago

All you LE owner's should check out the "NEW METALLICA hammer mod" thread ! It puts the original hammer to shame IMO and makes me want to sell my pro!

#10454 7 years ago

Was playing tonight with people over and suddenly the mystery hole gave an error message. Opened it up and found a wire broke off of coil and what seems to be a blackened plastic where coil and wire connect. Anybody else ever have this and aside from resoldering wire on, is there anything else to be concerned about? How does a wire suddenly break off?

#10455 7 years ago

Hmmm, sounds like a Lectrical issue

#10456 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

My memory is bad but there is a setting somewhere that resets high scores after a period of time. I tried looking through the menu but cannot find it. I had that happen on my ST and thought something broke.
The game shutting off mid game is a reset and a mpu power issue. Sound issues would be something different but I'm no tech. I would check your sub connections for one thing. Also check to see if hitting both flippers during a game causes any resets.

HSTD reset count. Factory default is 2000 games. After 2000 plays all high scores reset except grand champion

#10457 7 years ago

Thanks KG. That must be it.

#10458 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

HSTD reset count. Factory default is 2000 games. After 2000 plays all high scores reset except grand champion

That's it. Thanks, KG.

#10459 7 years ago

Yesterday I noticed some brass dust in my cabinet pretty much under the right flipper .
I'm Guessing it's from the flipper mech ?
Is there something I should replace or adjust or clean ???

#10461 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Correct. It's the coil stop. Stock up if you have a lot of sterns:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=274

Thanks

#10462 7 years ago

During multiball on a pro when you get the snake 2x should the snake hold the ball for the 20 sec or is it supposed to get kicked out immediately?

#10463 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Was playing tonight with people over and suddenly the mystery hole gave an error message. Opened it up and found a wire broke off of coil and what seems to be a blackened plastic where coil and wire connect. Anybody else ever have this and aside from resoldering wire on, is there anything else to be concerned about? How does a wire suddenly break off?

Anything mechanical is headed to a state of breakdown. I've had I happen on other games.

#10464 7 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

During multiball on a pro when you get the snake 2x should the snake hold the ball for the 20 sec or is it supposed to get kicked out immediately?

Depends how you have it set. I have mine set to hold it for 20 seconds, but I think the default setting it to kick it out.

#10465 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Depends how you have it set. I have mine set to hold it for 20 seconds, but I think the default setting it to kick it out.

Correct. It's in the "game" adjustments. Default kick out. Can change to hold like on a Prem/LE

#10466 7 years ago

My take on the hidden inserts. A belt buckle and some tire valve caps and two leds ofcourse

IMG_1786 (resized).JPGIMG_1786 (resized).JPG

IMG_1787 (resized).JPGIMG_1787 (resized).JPG

#10467 7 years ago

For those of you who have played Aerosmith I'm curious as to how you think it compares to Metallica. I haven't had a chance to play one yet but I'm hearing lots of good things about it and some are saying it's better than MET.

#10468 7 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

For those of you who have played Aerosmith I'm curious as to how you think it compares to Metallica. I haven't had a chance to play one yet but I'm hearing lots of good things about it and some are saying it's better than MET.

I've played AS quite a bit and still strongly prefer MET. AS is good but I expect MET to be higher regarded in the long run. I guess time will tell. AS needs a few code updates before you can truly compare them.

#10469 7 years ago

Feels like season 2 of a TV show where Met was season 1. Similar cast but different things going on. A sense of familiarity but surprises around the corner. It will certainly go down as one of the great Pros, like Met. Shots are a big difference. AS is way tighter.

#10470 7 years ago

The way I've been hearing people talk about AS it reminded me of exactly how I felt about MET. I really didn't have much interest in the Metallica theme, I like some of their music but not enough of a fan to buy their pin, but the first time I played it I knew it was awesome and eventually got one. I'm not very interested in the Aerosmith theme, but people are saying it's awesome so I'm anxious to play one. Not sure I'd want both MET and AS in a small collection though.

#10471 7 years ago

I prefer Aerosmith music to Metallica music, but I much prefer met to AS. it will depend on what stern does with the code, which feels very flat right now. Met code is a work of art. I got no rush when playing AS, but we all know how much of a rush met can be when you get it going. The toy box is cool.

#10472 7 years ago

I've had my AS Pro for only a few days now, I've had my MET Premium for just over a year. For me, plain & simple, MET is everything & more that a pin can offer. Adrenaline is at it's peak when you have "for whom the bell tolls" CIU mode going. (with of course, kick ass upgrade speakers & sub) Nothing beats it. Period. However, AS is truly becoming just as much fun. The AS Pro is awesome value!

#10473 7 years ago

Met for the win imo

#10474 7 years ago

Throwing another perspective into the mix. MET is my fav pin by a long shot. But there is room for plenty of others by both Borg/Sheats and their buddies. That said, so far I dislike AErosmith pin. I've played a pro model quite a bit to form an opinion. TWD, GOT I disliked early on yet both grew on me greatly (to the point of ownership) as I wanted to play them again. With AS I don't even want to play it again. It's like Avatar, Acdc, wwe, mustang to me. Those are games I simply don't want to play ever again. Something feels sloppy about it. And I dislike the jester call outs, super annoying to me. Borg makes my fav games for the most part, but AS not only looks like KISS but feels like it too. Looking forward to his next game.

#10475 7 years ago

I have a brand new custom painted cup holder (I think Modfather does these?) for sale. I think these look terrific on the cabinet, but I just prefer the folding cup holders.

$45 shipped to the lower 48 states saves you $12 ($50 + shipping).

20170403_103726 (resized).jpg20170403_103726 (resized).jpg

20170403_103709 (resized).jpg20170403_103709 (resized).jpg

20170403_103718 (resized).jpg20170403_103718 (resized).jpg

#10476 7 years ago

Does anyone offer a FULL SET of Orange protectors for Metallica Premium? I know Mezel Mods offers the lower half, Pinbits offers a full set but only in florescent green. For me Orange, Blue Purple goes better with the PF.

Thanks

#10477 7 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I would love to see Lyman add one more song to the game to replace the duplicitous use of For Whom the Bell Tolls (used for both Coffin MB and FHTBT crank it up mode). Since the "Coffin" is from the cover of the Death Magnetic album, I think it would make sense to use a song from that album. Personal preference would be All Nightmare Long or My Apocalypse, both of which are kick ass songs and would fit within the "Coffin" theme. Plus it would be great to have those songs to choose from at the start of the game.

Funny to notice text strings with "my apocalypse" in pinball browser (as well as the four horsemen and another one I forgot).
I wonder if those are planned for later...
Does anybody knows about that?

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

A NIB will ship with the latest 1.7 software. I had to adjust both my mystery scoop and snake mouth switches within my first 10 games and they have been great ever since. I would consider using mylar or a carbon fiber cliffy protector at the magnets to prevent PF wear.

I received mine early March and it was on 1.67
No big deal to upgrade, just had to find a USB 2.0 as USB 3.0 wouldn't be recognized by the pin

#10478 7 years ago

Outside of both being pins based off bands I really don't see the comparison at all. The rules are completely different and the shots are also completely different. I could see a comparison with KISS (layout) but MET and AS feel completely different to me.

I will say that I enjoy AS but for completely different reasons that I like MET.

#10479 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Does anyone offer a FULL SET of Orange protectors for Metallica Premium? I know Mezel Mods offers the lower half, Pinbits offers a full set but only in florescent green. For me Orange, Blue Purple goes better with the PF.
Thanks

These guys sell them in different colors. https://www.lightsoutpinball.com/store.html#!/Metallica-All-versions-Flourescent-Plastic-Set-6-Pieces/p/58740752/category=16139807

#10480 7 years ago
Quoted from jeston:

I received mine early March and it was on 1.67
No big deal to upgrade, just had to find a USB 2.0 as USB 3.0 wouldn't be recognized by the pin

What's the build date on your machine tag? Mine from November shipped with v1.7. Sounds like yours is from older distributor stock.

#10481 7 years ago
Quoted from jeston:

Funny to notice text strings with "my apocalypse" in pinball browser (as well as the four horsemen and another one I forgot).
I wonder if those are planned for later...
Does anybody knows about that?

Those text strings have been part of the code since 1.5 in March of 2014, so if there was a plan, it may have changed by now. Before Blackened was added, Borg had said in a podcast interview that he would like to add something else from the Death Magnetic album, and he mentioned My Apocalypse. He also mentioned in that same interview about giving the people a choice through vote. We got to vote in the spring of 2014, and Blackened barely beat out Four Horsemen. It's obvious that the Blackened mode was supposed to be Four Horsemen, but for some reason Stern decided to plug whatever song won into that mode with horse animation and sound effects.

My Apocalypse and Four Horsemen are the only two songs listed in the text string that are not part of the game. The list below the red line are album titles.

MET Song List (resized).jpgMET Song List (resized).jpg

#10482 7 years ago

I put a few dozen plays on AERO PRO a few weeks ago after unboxing two NIB for Arcade Expo 3.0. I was trying not to like it even though I like their music (not a huge fan but familiar). There's a few qwerkey things going on that got my attention. The ball toss in to the toy box and then the multiball from the toy box I thought was creative. The one thing I like better on AERO over MET is the DMD. The color DMD on AERO is awesome. There's so much going on and so many possibilities with the full color screen.

my $.02

I really like our Met specially with headphones, shaker motor and subwoofer.

#10483 7 years ago

What's the build date on your machine tag? Mine from November shipped with v1.7. Sounds like yours is from older distributor stock.

Where to find the machine tag/manufacturing date?
There is a tag attached to the cables in the cabinet, but there's just nothing printed on it...
The only date I can see is on the play field side (oct 2016), but it's no indication of a manufacturing date for the machine.

#10484 7 years ago

I helped a fellow Pinsider move a MET pro into his basement tonight. Because of the narrow twisting staircase, we had to remove the head. This is the first time I've taken the head off a game. It was kind of a pain in the ass, but it wasn't too bad. We made sure to label all the connectors before unhooking them. I have to admit, I was a bit nervous when we finally turned the game back on. Shockingly, it fired right up and played perfectly.

MET backbox #1 (resized).jpgMET backbox #1 (resized).jpg

MET backbox #2 (resized).jpgMET backbox #2 (resized).jpg

#10485 7 years ago

I know the feeling. My gameroom is upstairs and have to remove the head to.

Can inform labeling is not really required. All connectors are keyed and if you follow the cable harness it more or less all comes together. Must admit though that I always make a picture and always check prior to turning on .

Stern SAM is also easy, WPC has a lot more connectors

#10486 7 years ago
Quoted from jeston:

Where to find the machine tag/manufacturing date?
There is a tag attached to the cables in the cabinet, but there's just nothing printed on it...
The only date I can see is on the play field side (oct 2016), but it's no indication of a manufacturing date for the machine.

Very back of the cabinet on the outside.

#10487 7 years ago

i have 2 pieces speaker panels stainless steel ready for shipping

Metallica_Typ_B_663mm_x_165mm (resized).jpgMetallica_Typ_B_663mm_x_165mm (resized).jpg

#10488 7 years ago

Holy shit has this game pissed me off tonight. I don't think I averaged over 30 seconds per ball over the course of an hour. I've realized the only true safe shots in this game are the ramps.

Orbits to the pops, if ball comes out left watch out. Hit sparky and the ball is out of control and possibly screaming sdtm. Grave drop targets I feel you should never actively be aiming for especially when it takes two extra hits when they are all down to start MB and it dribbles back sdtm half the time. Coffin ricochets the ball out of control, and snake and scoop shoot it back at you 100 mph. Piston has the potential to hit the middle inlane divider and pop to the outlane.

Yes I'm frustrated as shit right now....No, I am never getting rid of MET!

#10489 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Holy shit has this game pissed me off tonight. I don't think I averaged over 30 seconds per ball over the course of an hour. I've realized the only true safe shots in this game are the ramps.
Orbits to the pops, if ball comes out left watch out. Hit sparky and the ball is out of control and possibly screaming sdtm. Grave drop targets I feel you should never actively be aiming for especially when it takes two extra hits when they are all down to start MB and it dribbles back sdtm half the time. Coffin ricochets the ball out of control, and snake and scoop shoot it back at you 100 mph. Piston has the potential to hit the middle inlane divider and pop to the outlane.
Yes I'm frustrated as shit right now....No, I am never getting rid of MET!

Tough night hugh. We all have them.

#10490 7 years ago

Very back of the cabinet on the outside.

November.02.2016

#10491 7 years ago

So I am truly considering getting a MET soon, I've never owned a newer machine but every time I play it, I get that one more game feeling... but I have several young kids and shelter them from language, cussing doesn't bother my wife or I but would like to keep our kids innocent for the time being. Any suggestions? I know you can bleep but didnt know if anyone else has dealt with this. It'll be in my house, bedroom or living room since my mini game room is full and not yet climate controlled. Any ideas, suggestions are appreciated.

#10492 7 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

Funny we're talking about a Pin-Wiki for mods...I just ordered some plastic eyeballs for my NIB MET. My plan is to light them and hook them into the upper lane changing lights. I've blocked my view with the 2D-Snake mod...bummer.
As an alternative, I was also considering to add some brighter bulbs to the lanes and attach some sort of funky mirror at the back somehow?? Something tasteful with some cool looking metallica insignia or skulls or something embedded on the mirror. Not sure exactly how yet but perhaps it could be accomplished with a water slide decal with some faint colouring??

I'm a little behind on this thread but here's what I have:

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “The Snake Mod² The problem: Pingraffix Snake mod (2D or 3D) blocks the view of the upper rollover lane lights. The solution: Dirty Donny Guitar pick lights above the rollover la...”
2017-04-27
Tucson, AZ
30 (Firm)
Archived after: 43 days
Viewed: 233 times

#10493 7 years ago
Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

So I am truly considering getting a MET soon, I've never owned a newer machine but every time I play it, I get that one more game feeling... but I have several young kids and shelter them from language, cussing doesn't bother my wife or I but would like to keep our kids innocent for the time being. Any suggestions? I know you can bleep but didnt know if anyone else has dealt with this. It'll be in my house, bedroom or living room since my mini game room is full and not yet climate controlled. Any ideas, suggestions are appreciated.

There is a setting that makes it much more family friendly, although with the *Bleeps* you can still tell what is being said. Of coruse you wont get JACK FUCKIN POT!!!!!!!!!

#10494 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

There is a setting that makes it much more family friendly, although with the *Bleeps* you can still tell what is being said. Of coruse you wont get JACK FUCKIN POT!!!!!!!!!

Or my favorite: I SWEAR IF THAT SNAKE LOOKS AT ME FUNNY, I'LL FUCK HIM UP!

Never gets old haha

#10495 7 years ago

Yeah, we had it set on bleep at first, but it sounds so silly, we just went with full blown cursing. Once the novelty wore off, it doesn't even raise an eyebrow anymore.

#10496 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Tough night hugh. We all have them.

Well I only made one CIU that whole time and proceeded to score a whooping 700k on it... so yeah.

#10497 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Definitely a cool call out. The first time I heard that, I was pumped.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Yeah, we had it set on bleep at first, but it sounds so silly, we just went with full blown cursing. Once the novelty wore off, it doesn't even raise an eyebrow anymore.

Well with baby 4 here in 2 weeks, baby 3 being 2, child 2 age 5 and child 1 age 7, I don't think any of them would raise an eyebrow or see novelty in it but I can totally see one of them doing something to get in trouble and hearing the other "you're fucked now". It would be funny, but not really.

My wife wanted to get WOZ but wants me to get the one I really want since it's so much money. Polar opposites. I don't want to get the game, set it up, turn it on and have a bunch of disapproving looks from family members when they come play it and hear

Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:I SWEAR IF THAT SNAKE LOOKS AT ME FUNNY, I'LL FUCK HIM UP!

#10498 7 years ago

How can i hear Jack Fukin'Pot? I made some super jackpot with Grave MB but i haven't hear this callout yet... No censure in adjustments.

#10499 7 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

How can i hear Jack Fukin'Pot? I made some super jackpot with Grave MB but i haven't hear this callout yet... No censure in adjustments.

You have to activate double scoring through the piston target and also double scoring by hitting all the picks and then the snake for add a ball, then if you hit a JP with 4x scoring you get the special call out. Always a fun time hearing it!

#10500 7 years ago

Ok, so it works with a normal JP ok thanks. I don't arrive to have a 4x scoring yet... Some works to do, great
And if you have a SJP with the 4x scoring?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.