51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorgar123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9815 7 years ago

I don't think it is nonsense. While I agree that it was an easy 5 minute install, adding the metal post has only dropped my left orbit rejection rate from 9 out of 10 to maybe 8 out of 10. Not the dramatic difference I had read about/hoped for.

2 months later
#10650 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Once I finally got the metal post adjusted properly, the ball hits the pops almost every time.

What adjustments did you make to the metal post? Mine still seems to bounce back at least 75% of the time.

1 year later
#14511 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Just curious if any owners of both games had a "no contest, you gotta buy (x) between those two games".

Owned both (Pros) at the same time for a while. Aerosmith is gone...but Metallica will never leave.

IMO - No contest, you gotta buy Metallica between those two games.

1 week later
#14630 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Is it worth getting a shaker motor for this game?

Totally worth it. I had just an external sub for a long time and when I recently installed a shaker it added a whole new dimension. I especially love the quick shake every time you hit the captive ball.

Quoted from shock_me:

what are those long LED strips that go up the left and right of the playfield?

Those are the Creeping Death UV lighting rails from Pinball Refinery.

1 month later
#15185 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would you get the same effect if you hooked Pinstadiums into the same flasher? Then wouldn’t have the bars running down the middle of the game.

It is close, but not as intense. I had the Creeping Death led strips and art blades for years and when I got Pinstadiums with UV Glow I hooked them up to the same flasher and ended up taking the Creeping Death led strips off.

I think the main difference in the intensity is due to the Creeping Death strips being mounted a few inches inside and pointed back at the side art blades, while the Pinstadiums are mounted on the art blades and have to flash all the way across the playfield to light up the art blades on the other side, so the effect is just not as strong. However, the benefit of the Pinstadiums is that they light up the entire playfield, do all the GI lighting/dimming and other stuff and do not obstruct your view at all.

They are each fantastic mods in their own right and I highly recommend both. Just depends on if you want the cleaner look and all the added features of the Pinstadiums or the more intense UV visual, slightly more cluttered look and much lower price of the Creeping Death strips.

10 months later
#16852 4 years ago

Posted this in the PinWoofer thread, but thought I would throw it up here too since it is MET specific.

Recently installed a Superkit in my MET Pro and wanted to give a quick review.

My MET had FF speakers in it when I got it and I added an external sub several years ago and I just have never been happy with the sound. Given this was my first Pinwoofer kit, I went with the full kit with speakers and will use the FF speakers in another game.

Install took me a little while as I went really slow and the stock wiring had already been changed due to the FF kit and therefore everything looked a little different than the “before” photos provided in the instructions. I had a few questions/minor issues along the way and Dan was fantastic at answering all my dumb questions and had me up and running quick. His response time and customer service is fantastic!

After finishing the install and dialing it in a little, all I can say is WOW! The backbox speakers are clear, crisp and sound great, but what really blew me away was the bass from the cabinet. It sounds fantastic, hits hard and adds a tactile feel to the game that my external sub could not come close to matching. It really changes the experience of playing and takes it to a whole new level.

Overall this was one of the best upgrades/mods I have ever done and I couldn't be happier with the product or Dan's customer service.

7 months later
#17616 3 years ago

Mine has been broken for a while as I keep forgetting to order a new one. Have not noticed any extra wear on the balls.

7 months later
#18198 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

After replacing the plastic diverter post in the orbit with a metal one, has anyone NOT noticed a difference?

Yup. It only helped mine a little and mostly on soft shots. Hard clean shots still bounce back pretty regularly. I was pretty annoyed at first, but I have learned to just live with it.

3 months later
#18668 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Anybody have suggestions for some kick ass side blade art?

I have the creeping death side art on mine and like it.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/metallica-creeping-death-pinblades

2 months later
#19073 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Damn I already have it on mine

I had Flipper Fidelity in my Met with an external powered subwoofer and the sound was ok. I switched to Pinwoofer and now the sound is amazing. Night and day difference. I even unhooked the external sub as it is just not necessary with Pinwoofer. I am sure Flipper Fidelity are good speakers, but the Pinwoofer amps make all the difference.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorgar123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=gorgar123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.