IMG_2159 (resized).jpeg
Metallica PBT 2 1 (resized).jpg
Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 433.
#9901 7 years ago

This was added back in v.1.64. So even though S&D does reset all your successful hurry-up shots, at least you can make progress to your next CIU while playing S&D.

- Seek & Destroy mode has been changed so it now awards 1 cross,
1 snake, and 1 electric chair each time one of the main shots (left
loop, cross lane, left ramp, right ramp, right loop) is made when
lit. This allows progress towards lighting "Crank It Up" during
Seek & Destroy.
- Boosted Seek & Destroy scores from 750k to 1M (seek shot) and 375k
to 500k (regular shot).

One of the coolest things about S&D is that as long as you can keep it running(by making the lit shot and following up with a captive ball hit) you can keep it running along with virtually any MB, CIU, you name it.

#9902 7 years ago

I got royally ripped off by Metallica today. Was 1 shot away from completing For Whom The Bell Tolls, started 2X scoring annnnnnd... the ball comes out of the Fuel dead-end, bounces off the lane guide, and right down the outlane. Missed what would have been a 200M jackpot.

I raged and was tilted for about fifteen games. I don't think I've ever been that mad at pinball before.

#9903 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I got royally ripped off by Metallica today. Was 1 shot away from completing For Whom The Bell Tolls, started 2X scoring annnnnnd... the ball comes out of the Fuel dead-end, bounces off the lane guide, and right down the outlane. Missed what would have been a 200M jackpot.
I raged and was tilted for about fifteen games. I don't think I've ever been that mad at pinball before.

That's rough! Your total score for the mode probably would have been over 300mil, plus you could have gone for the ~20% of the jackpot after the mode ended. Sorry if that's rubbing salt in the wounds.

#9904 7 years ago

No I'm aware haha and it's fine. I thought that over too. Would have been a great GC. Was ball 1. I basically tilted out the following two balls after that and then played like ass for the next tons of games.

#9905 7 years ago

My parts from Refinery came today so I have been a busy little beaver starting the installs. I'm having way more fun tinkering with the machine then I ever thought I would. This is my first machine and I was a bit scared with the idea of spending that much money on something then basically tearing it apart. So far so good.

#9906 7 years ago
Quoted from Thanos75:

My parts from Refinery came today so I have been a busy little beaver starting the installs. I'm having way more fun tinkering with the machine then I ever thought I would. This is my first machine and I was a bit scared with the idea of spending that much money on something then basically tearing it apart. So far so good.

It's fun though isn't it. As you know there are TONS of mod parts out there so try not to go crazy. Enjoy.

#9907 7 years ago

... more "clown" Sparky's ...

clownsSparky1 (resized).jpgclownsSparky1 (resized).jpg

clownsSparky4 (resized).jpgclownsSparky4 (resized).jpg

#9908 7 years ago

ok I am giving a plug for the "Metallica LED Insert Mod - Cross, Chair, Coffin & Snake". What a difference this mod makes to the look of the pin - no more ugly hot spots. Awesome job - hats off to pinsider HankScorpio. I recommend this to everyone with a Metallica.

Oh yeah, Metallica might be the best playing pin ever and I am not a big fan of the band. Stern did a nice job on this one.

#9909 7 years ago

I'm joining the club. I just got the call that my Monsters Premium is sitting at the truck depot ready for me to pick up after work. Happy Friday indeed!!!

#9910 7 years ago

So have they fixed the issues with the clearcoat on these newest games? I had heard that some Metallica's were having issues as well. I was trying to sell my Iron Man to buy a Metallica locally but it sold right before I found someone for my Iron Man. Now I'm left with the issue of either buying a new pro but the quality issues make me think that's not a great idea right now. Thanks

#9911 7 years ago

I just got mine NIB two weeks ago.I have about 400 games on mine. Other than the dimpling the clearcoat is great. I haven't installed any cliffys or protectors yet and not a single chip or anything...Yet...lol

#9912 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

So have they fixed the issues with the clearcoat on these newest games? I had heard that some Metallica's were having issues as well. I was trying to sell my Iron Man to buy a Metallica locally but it sold right before I found someone for my Iron Man. Now I'm left with the issue of either buying a new pro but the quality issues make me think that's not a great idea right now. Thanks

Problems with MET playfields were not reported as frequently as the problems with GB, SMVE, or BM66. There were a few chipping problems reported around the Sparky magnet, but not really any ghosting or shooter lane chipping mentions. Makes me think a large number of playfields were probably ordered for MET well before those other games went into production.

#9913 7 years ago

Joined the MET club! Ordered a NIB Pro to put on location (hobby operator), and it arrived yesterday. Didn't expect it until today, so the delivery came as a bit of a surprise. As it happened, I was on site to check some parts inventory when the box arrived. I had under an hour before I had to leave, so I only set it up in a hurry, installed and tested the coin mech, and gave the first game to a kid who was there having lunch with his mother, before I had to run. Didn't even get to play a single ball myself

https://www.facebook.com/popbumpertrondheim/photos/a.1486656501636765.1073741828.1476976605938088/1657057124596701/

The reception from our regular customers has been positive so far. A couple of minor issues have been reported and need to be addressed: the Mystery switch needs to be adjusted, and there's a ball trap by the top left rollover lane. Also, there were complaints about the volume being too loud...

#9914 7 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

Joined the MET club! Ordered a NIB Pro to put on location (hobby operator), and it arrived yesterday. Didn't expect it until today, so the delivery came as a bit of a surprise. As it happened, I was on site to check some parts inventory when the box arrived. I had under an hour before I had to leave, so I only set it up in a hurry, installed and tested the coin mech, and gave the first game to a kid who was there having lunch with his mother, before I had to run. Didn't even get to play a single ball myself
https://www.facebook.com/popbumpertrondheim/photos/a.1486656501636765.1073741828.1476976605938088/1657057124596701/
The reception from our regular customers has been positive so far. A couple of minor issues have been reported and need to be addressed: the Mystery switch needs to be adjusted, and there's a ball trap by the top left rollover lane. Also, there were complaints about the volume being too loud...

I had the ball trap by the top left rollover lane on my METLE, but not my Pro. On the METLE, it was resting between two posts with single rings each. I took them both off and stretched a larger ring across both posts, and it solved the problem. Weird that it has never happened on my pro.

#9915 7 years ago

I had to adjust my mystery box switch right off the bat aswell. I have had the ball get stuck a couple times at the top but nothing a little nudge didn't fix. I do like the bigger ring solution. If it happens again I know what must be done.

#9916 7 years ago

Does anybody sell metal aprons for Metallica? I must say I was in shock when I realized it was just plastic!

#9917 7 years ago

Time to pour a drink and get this night started. Let the unboxing commence!

IMG_1453 (resized).JPGIMG_1453 (resized).JPG

#9918 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Does anybody sell metal aprons for Metallica? I must say I was in shock when I realized it was just plastic!

Sterns/Data East games have had plastic aprons all the way back to the early 90's. The premium/LE's of modern Sterns are metal.

#9919 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

there's no reason not to wax it right out of the box. I would wax it every 100 or 200 plays afterwards if you want to keep the playfield nice and clean and fast. the thin coat of wax will prevent any dirt or other contaminants from being ground into the clear

for someone who has never waxed a playfield - any tips?

#9920 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Sterns/Data East games have had plastic aprons all the way back to the early 90's. The premium/LE's of modern Sterns are metal.

My very first pin was a Star Wars Data East but I must say, I never noticed it had a plastic apron. On Metallica, I noticed it immediately. Had no idea premium/LE have a metal apron. So, is there any way to replace to replace mine? Thanks for the info!

#9921 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

for someone who has never waxed a playfield - any tips?

A little goes a long way.
Less is more...

#9922 7 years ago

So far everything works 100% out of the box. A couple strange things I've noticed though. The snake spits the ball out at a crazy speed. Sometimes it even bounces off the bottom edge of the hammer and can even launch the ball airborn almost all the way to the left flipper. Is there an adjustment for this? Also, the plunger spring seems really strong. Like, overpowered strong to the point where if I do a full plunge the ball goes airborn into the back right plastics.

Loving this game and just need to get it dialed in.

#9923 7 years ago

Before

After

#9924 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Before
» YouTube video
After
» YouTube video

now you need to change up the white guitar pics! I used cyan blue led's in mine and it really pops!

20161213_220532_014 (resized).jpg20161213_220532_014 (resized).jpg

#9925 7 years ago

I love the green lights around the bottom of the PF. Sweet. I'm ready to change up my GI lighting and have been looking for a good layout map to get me started so I can gets some lights ordered.

#9926 7 years ago

There are so many options.. don't bother with a kit..just create your own! Few extra lights never hurts if you want to switch up a color later on too!

20170224_233702 (resized).jpg20170224_233702 (resized).jpg

#9927 7 years ago

So I've owned the game for 24 hours now and put 40 plays on it. This happened 4 times today. The ball gets stuck on the lip of the snake. The game goes into ball search but the ball search doesn't activate the jaw so it just sits there until I have to tilt the game. Then the jaw moves and kicks the ball into the drain. It happened twice in one game. Does anyone else have this problem?

IMG_1459 (resized).JPGIMG_1459 (resized).JPG

#9928 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

So I've owned the game for 24 hours now and put 40 plays on it. This happened 4 times today. The ball gets stuck on the lip of the snake. The game goes into ball search but the ball search doesn't activate the jaw so it just sits there until I have to tilt the game. Then the jaw moves and kicks the ball into the drain. It happened twice in one game. Does anyone else have this problem?

Is the angle of your game set steep enough?

#9929 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Is the angle of your game set steep enough?

Yes. A little steeper than normal actually.

#9930 7 years ago

There is an adjustment for the jaw position. Yours needs to be moved up slightly. Look for a screw with a lock nut. It's a bit of a pain to adjust.

#9931 7 years ago

New Metallica owner! My wife is thrilled with it too. Already installed the eyeballs decal; Mezelmod amps; Snake fangs and tongue decal. This week I'll install the Total Lightshow and ColorDMD.

20170225_214434 (resized).jpg20170225_214434 (resized).jpg

20170225_205400 (resized).jpg20170225_205400 (resized).jpg

20170225_205816 (resized).jpg20170225_205816 (resized).jpg

20170225_205744 (resized).jpg20170225_205744 (resized).jpg

20170225_205801 (resized).jpg20170225_205801 (resized).jpg

#9932 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

That explains why my powder coated apron cost so much. It's metal so I guess PR just throws the old apron out XD

#9933 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

There is an adjustment for the jaw position. Yours needs to be moved up slightly. Look for a screw with a lock nut. It's a bit of a pain to adjust.

Thanks. I'll try adjusting the jaw tomorrow. Would adjusting the jaw upward stop the air balls when the ball is launched out of the snake? It's more like the snake pitches the ball to my left flipper rather than spits it.

#9934 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Thanks. I'll try adjusting the jaw tomorrow. Would adjusting the jaw upward stop the air balls when the ball is launched out of the snake? It's more like the snake pitches the ball to my left flipper rather than spits it.

I think it could, yes.

#9935 7 years ago

The more I see those Baywatch machines the more I think one would look great next to my Metallica aswell.

#9936 7 years ago
Quoted from Thanos75:

The more I see those Baywatch machines the more I think one would look great next to my Metallica aswell.

Hoff approved!

IMG_8480-4 (resized).JPGIMG_8480-4 (resized).JPG

#9937 7 years ago

Hi guys! Hey my bottom pop bumper only "pops" about 25 percent of the time.
Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity?

It's pretty much a brand new machine.
When I push it with my finger it pops all the time, but the ball has to hit it very hard for it to pop while in play.
Any suggestions?

#9938 7 years ago

With machine off
Remove glass
Remove balls
Lift playfield all the way up to vertical position.
Examine the pop mech(s) and look for anything different between the three.

Ive never had to adjust a pop bumper before, but there is a spoon and a leaf switch under each pop. Make sure they look the same berween each.

You may have to adjust (bend very slightly) the contacts of the switch so its a bit more sensitive.

#9939 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

There are so many options.. don't bother with a kit..just create your own! Few extra lights never hurts if you want to switch up a color later on too!

I agree 100%

Went full custom on my met as well.

IMG_20170226_083200 (resized).jpgIMG_20170226_083200 (resized).jpg

#9940 7 years ago

Nice Hawaiian themed section in that lineup too!

#9941 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Can anyone show me a picture of this screw and locknut? I can seem to find anything that looks like it'll adjust the lower jaw height.

#9943 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I agree 100%
Went full custom on my met as well.

Planning on doing the same. As I said before, this is my first Stern machine. Under the Playfield all the lights have this white plastic screwed to the playfield. Is this some type of different light? Never seen that before in any of my games. Most games just have the regular socket which you unscrew to install the led. Also, are Metallica GI lights 555's or 44's? Thanks guys!

Edit: I ask this because I'm a bit confused about some areas. For example, for the fuel gauge lights they sell these "gel inserts".....Why are these required? Why can't led's be installed instead of these Gel inserts?

#9944 7 years ago

Added a subwoofer today and wow!

20170226_122212 (resized).jpg20170226_122212 (resized).jpg

20170226_140123 (resized).jpg20170226_140123 (resized).jpg

20170226_122237 (resized).jpg20170226_122237 (resized).jpg

#9945 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Planning on doing the same. As I said before, this is my first Stern machine. Under the Playfield all the lights have this white plastic screwed to the playfield. Is this some type of different light? Never seen that before in any of my games. Most games just have the regular socket which you unscrew to install the led. Also, are Metallica GI lights 555's or 44's? Thanks guys!
Edit: I ask this because I'm a bit confused about some areas. For example, for the fuel gauge lights they sell these "gel inserts".....Why are these required? Why can't led's be installed instead of these Gel inserts?

Those white plastics have two parts. The white ring screwed to the wood and a pinch socket you squeeze to release the tabs to remove the socket. Very easy to do.

Will snap a pic for you.

#9946 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Those white plastics have two parts. The white ring screwed to the wood and a pinch socket you squeeze to release the tabs to remove the socket. Very easy to do.
Will snap a pic for you.

Oh man! Thanks!!!! I really appreciate that!

What about the gel inserts for the fuel gauge? Do I really need those or can I just install leds?

#9947 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Oh man! Thanks!!!! I really appreciate that!
What about the gel inserts for the fuel gauge? Do I really need those or can I just install leds?

I used coloured LEDs (my machine is the original pro non-led version)
Here's the pic of the rings standard and how to squeeze and remove.

Be gentle at first, as if you squeeze too hard you can break the tabs

IMG_20170226_145100 (resized).jpgIMG_20170226_145100 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170226_145002 (resized).jpgIMG_20170226_145002 (resized).jpg

#9948 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Added a subwoofer today and wow!

I throw all my Stern's on subs.

Use a polk psw-10 or psw-110 and you can wire two at once

IMG_20170226_145357 (resized).jpgIMG_20170226_145357 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170226_145117 (resized).jpgIMG_20170226_145117 (resized).jpg

#9949 7 years ago

Yup, all mine have subs too, but I think Metallica sounds the best out of any others.

#9950 7 years ago

I buy all my subs at the flea market and yard sales, always for under $30.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
There are 21,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 433.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.