Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nexyss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#824 9 years ago

I finally made it to the club, with an awesome Refinery Edition Premium. This one was the demo unit at Pinball Refinery's booth at CAX, and it is an absolutely amazing machine. A big thanks to Gio and Steve! You guys are great to deal with, and this has been a great buying experience for me. I will try to take some pics tonight, but this is a quick one I grabbed at the show:
20140711_222136_Android.jpg20140711_222136_Android.jpg

#828 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

you are going to want to tweak that snake to not shoot ball right down the center drain..

That snake is vicious! Sometimes it kicks it over to the left inlanes, and others sdtm.

3 weeks later
#959 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

My new Met Roadcase is on the road, to be delivered next week as well. Can't wait to get my hands on it. I've got tons of little goodies laying around to put into as well, on top of what Steve at Pinball Refinery already did.
The idea of unboxing scares me a bit having read some of the disaster stories lately, but once I get that out of the way and see it's ok I'm sure I'll be like a kid on Christmas.

If Pinball Refinery modded it, you should be fine on the unboxing. Gio and Steve are pretty good at getting these games dialed in.

What are you adding to it? I am going to install a captive ball tonight on mine to replace the block under the hammer. For $10, it seemed like a pretty good upgrade.

#964 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Oh their work I'm 100% confident in, what happens after it leaves Steve is what scares me. lol
Steve didn't have Gio's backbox kit in stock, so that should arrive from Gio, about the same time, so I'll install that. I also have the captive Newton ball, snake fangs, tongue decal, some of PBL ultra glossy balls (how many does Met take?), Mezel cemetery gate, Hooked pop cap covers, pinnovators sub hook up kit and a Polk PSW110. Oh and a Monsters translite.

Met uses 4 balls. I will have to look for the fangs; that would probably be a good addition. I am going to try to get the newton ball installed tonight. I finished installing a shaker in GnR tonight, so I am kinda busy playing instead of working. lol

#996 9 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Quick game today turned into maybe 20 minutes? 100,000,000 more than my previous high score. Only played 2 CIUs, but completed FWTBT with double scoring, so that jackpot was over 200MM alone! Drained IMMEDIATELY on the Blackened mode!!!! (non-CIU)

photo 1-2.JPG 262 KB

photo 2-2.JPG 246 KB

You beat my best score by over 500,000,000. lol

#1009 9 years ago

Can you take a pic of the snake fangs? I think I might want to add those to mine, but I would really like to see it in a game first.

I couldn't imagine playing my Metallica without the PR backbox lighting now. I agree that some of the mod prices seem high when you first look at them, but I seriously cannot think of a single item that Gio added that I would be willing to give up. The complete package is worth way more than the sum of the parts in this case.

#1015 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Nexyss, I actually had one in my phone, still with the glass on so forgive the glare. I tried to make it as "unflattering" as possible, to show the one thing I don't like about it, but it's not actually visible when playing. And that's that to get the fangs in there, you have to remove both screws from the snake head and wiggle them in there, they go around a little post, but and maybe it's just I wasn't able to close it up enough, with them in there, the snake head doesn't go down quite all the way. I showed this to my girlfriend, but she seems to think if you can't tell when playing who cares. Opinions may vary and then it's also possible I just didn't force the head down enough, but I literally popped it all the way off to make sure I was putting it on right. If I pressed much harder, I was worried I'd break something.
Tongue sticker was a pain too, as you have to cut it to size. Luckily scissors I can work ok. lol

fangs.jpg 303 KB

Thanks, I just ordered some fangs. Mine came with the tongue sticker already, so I avoided that one.

#1071 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Paul, what is a PBB?

Wrong Paul, but I am pretty sure he means pinballbulbs.com.

1 week later
#1137 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'm coming to learn that Metallica is a very good game...
Wondering -- is there a way to turn down the music, and just hear the sound effects/callouts?
-mof

There is no good reason to do that, but yes, there are separate volume settings in the menu.

3 weeks later
#1196 9 years ago
Quoted from LunaStone:

We got Metallica yesterday. OMG the fun. SO far I've played about a dozen games... I ended the night with this...

Supper happy with it. I'm not really good at keeping track of goals or playing the skillful "Lyman Sheets" type of game. TBH... I actually find the "stop the ball every chance & line up shots" style of game boring and slow. In other words, I enjoy the "go fast, hit a bunch of shit & try to keep the ball alive" type of game. Result: Hardly ever get on the board.

MetHighScore-sm.jpg 116 KB

I have played over 500 games on mine, and I still haven't scored that high. lol My best score tonight was 35M. I could hit the shots to start stuff, but then it seemed like I bricked every shot during.

3 weeks later
#1334 9 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Do you guys find that your balls get chewed up quickly? (boy that sounds weird) It seems that mine get really scratched up faster then my other pins. Maybe it's the quickness of the pin and that I suck at pinball so I miss a lot of targets and shots. IDK
I'm using PBL's (oh-shinny) high polished balls.
Brian

The balls in mine still look fine, and they have seen close to 1000 plays. The block under the hammer was starting to show some wear when I replaced it with a captive ball a couple of months ago.

I get debris in the shooter lane pretty quickly, and a few flakes from the sparky magnet, so I make sure I wipe everything down every 100 games or so. Other than that, every thing still looks good. It is probably time for me to change the balls just in case though.

2 months later
#1803 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hear ya Ron after 9 months I still love my Pro, it's a Refinery though. I've put 3 homemade light up mods on mine and will be putting the Creeping Death mod on soon. What mods do you have on yours?

I have my Refinery Premium since July, and it is still my favorite game. It is the only game I have ever owned that I play almost daily. I am still terrible at it though. lol

What is the Creeping Death mod?

#1805 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Go to the Refinery web site to read and watch a vid of it. It's great.

I have that one on mine, but I never knew the name of it. It is one of my favorite mods on the machine.

#1810 9 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Well I finally joined the club last week. I love this friggin game! I bought a monsters premium
Does anyone have any backbox lighting ideas or mods? Thinking of doing light up speaker mod as well.
I'm waiting for the captive ball and fangs to show up and I just got my snake mouth light mod and tongue decal. I am going to have a family member paint up sparky and I'll probably wire his helmet. Also going to get a sub at the next sale. Anything else I need? I don't want to go crazy(yeah right) but want to bling it out a little. It's tough to
I'm still trying to learn the rules but I'll get there. Any tips I need to know. Or any good places with good guides to learning them?

image.jpg 83 KB

You really can't go wrong with the backbox and speaker lighting from Pinball Refinery. It really does add a lot to the game. You can also add undercab lighting and color dmd that all ties together to complete the effect. I really couldn't imagine my game without all of these mods, as the experience is just incredible.

1 month later
#1960 9 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I thought about that and may try it but prefer the inline upgrade. I'm leaning FF 10" currently.

With the 10", you will need to move the right support bar over to clear the sub. It isn't hard, but I am not sure it is worth the effort over the 8".

#1962 9 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Odd, I have the 10" in my Lotr and my TFLE and did not need to move it.

That is for Metallica specifically. The right rail is mounted further towards the center on that game than on some of the others.

2 weeks later
#2151 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The plastic angle strips that you added are just clear plastic drywall corner protectors that you just glued on to the originals right?

The plastic is the same as it was in the original mod. The mod just had bare plastic on the top piece, so he put a second sticker on the top to cover it. I found the LEDs painful to look at from the sides, and the intended effect of lighting up the side art was mostly lost due to the white flashing light that was overwhelming during the modes that used it. I asked Gio to get me a couple of extra stickers after the first game I played on the machine at CAX last year. It was a perfect fix, and turned the mod into a masterpiece instead of something I would have removed.

2 weeks later
#2255 9 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Does anyone in the Massachusetts area have a MET PRO that they would allow me to come play? I am thinking about buying one but would like to play it first.
Thanks
Gary

Check pinballmap.com. Looks like there are two of them on location in Cambridge.

1 month later
#2564 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Anybody running colorDMD with hd scaling? I looked on YouTube but didn't see any videos.

Here is a video I took for Gio so he could show off the badass lighting effects. He tied in the flasher colors to the DMD.

1 week later
#2903 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

I see a lot of people have the refinerys creeping death lighting rails. They look sweet!! My question is has anyone put them in with mirror blades instead of the side graphics and if so does it go well with them. I love this game with the mirror blades. In my opinion the best pinball for mirror blades because nothing blocks them and you can see everything and don't want to get rid of them.

I think it would blind you. We are all already putting stickers across the top to block the light. I think it is bright enough that it would be painful off the mirror.

#3051 8 years ago

I finally got around to taking the glass off and installing the sparky plastic. Now that I have it opened up, I kinda want to get the snake dialed in. Can someone walk through the steps of adjusting it for me? I have seen things like putting velcro somewhere, but it looks like it is just out of adjustment. The snake mouth looks like it is to the right of center in the mounting hole, and I think the tongue is sitting a little high, making the ball roll a little weird on eject. I can't find my manual at the moment, so I am not sure where the adjustments are at.

#3079 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

So was just on colordmd's website, and apparently there is only a pre oreder and the ROM isn't even in the "support" area where other game ROM's are.

The rom is going to be released on May 1st.

On a side note, I tried changing the date on my computer to May 1st, but the rom was still unavailable.

2 weeks later
#3476 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You have Refinery Edition #10 I have #8. Yup no sleeve.

They are numbered separately for Pro and Premium models. I have Premium #8. I wonder how many were actually made?

1 week later
#3543 8 years ago
Quoted from wonderpuddle:

I also think the hammer is one of the best toys in all of pinball. Nothing more satisfying than slamming that ball through the playfield. I have a monster premium and I can't imagine giving it up, even if I were to replace if with a pro. If you do decide to downgrade, hopefully it is to the premium.

That makes at least 3 of us. It is definitely one of my favorite features.

1 month later
#4046 8 years ago
Quoted from Unbten:

Has anyone heard of an updated ColorDMD file being created?

I haven't seen or heard anything yet. I am waiting to update the firmware until it is out.

#4102 8 years ago

I just had my best game of Metallica ever! I scored a whole 98 million. lol

I just need to learn how to actually score during multiballs. I had stacked multiballs, and I even got coffin multiball for the first time. That was a lot of fun. Yes, I know I suck at playing. lol

#4104 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Most important thing is you had fun! Dont worry about if you play well, i sure dont. But its the fun factor thats important!

I just need to figure out why I can hit the shots almost at will when I don't need to, but when points are at stake, I brick the shots every time. lol

#4115 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Got the ColorDMD installed in my MET pro last night. Deal for a MOPLE fell through, but I'm not too bummed after speaking with a knowledgeable tournament player. He said that sparky wasn't a possible shot from the right flipper on the LE/Premium because of the extra hardware/space the hammer takes up? That's a giant difference and bummer if so.
The dots on MET look amazing in color. The plasma DMDs Stern is using now suck really badly. The dots look so much better on a traditional display (much less in color)! I think Metallica is behind only LOTR and X-Men as far as dot work is concerned on Stern pins. Looks amazing.
image.jpg

He was wrong. Even I can hit it from the right flipper, and I suck.

1 week later
#4197 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Someone help here?
Iam about to get the ColorDMD, but the website says the firmware will only work with the firmware the game has. Well new code came out a few weeks back and its now v1.64 and the colordmd firmware is v1.63. Are you guys having issues with your colordmd's with the new game code? Should I wait until they update to v1.64? Thanks

I am waiting, but I read here somewhere that it is only a few frames that were affected by the update. You would just have a few uncolored frames until the CDMD is updated.

#4215 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

uhhh, I can't even get to 100mil, so no

You are not alone. My best is 98M. lol

#4259 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Curious....anyone know what the default setting is for the sling strength? Or what people have set theirs at? I know the snake & mystery scoop strength can be adjusted as well. I'm just curious if I should turn mine up. I don't want them too strong that they might do potential damage.

I have never changed mine, so I am assuming they are set to defaults. I will try to remember to check what they are set to tonight.

3 weeks later
#4413 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

How many here have not mylared the sparky magnet? How well is that area holding up? I know mylar on the magnet will get chewed up in probably 50 games, but it would have been nice if Stern put mylar donuts on the game like IM.
Rob

I haven't mylared mine, and it still looks new. I think I have somewhere around 1000 games on it. I think the key is to make sure the magnet is completely level with the playfield.

2 weeks later
#4494 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

what is the general consensus on colordmd mode that looks best on MET?

I liked the high def one, but eventually went with dots xl. I don't remember anything specific in met that looked bad in high def, but the albums on AC/DC looked terrible, so I changed it and wanted met to match.

1 week later
#4525 8 years ago

Seems like the plug for the shaker was in the back of the cabinet on AC/DC. It has been a while though, so I might be remembering it wrong.

2 weeks later
#4640 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Danggg, I was hoping this was a short ball time game...

It is for me. lol

3 weeks later
#4799 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Just curious how many of you have replaced the standard plastic pop-up orbit post to a metal one?
I find that with the standard plastic post, alot of my LT orbit shots end up bouncing off the post & coming right back. The post is supposed to drop the ball down into the pops, and I heard from several people that installing the metal post helps with this.
If you did stall the metal post, do you know the part #/website I can purchase it from? It's buried in this thread & I can't find it.
Thanks!

I installed the pinball life one on mine not too long ago. It does go to the pops way more often now, but I still need to tweak the adjustment on it. I gets stuck at the post sometimes, and I have to wait for the ball finder to pop it. Before I swapped it, almost 100% of my orbit shots came back down on the left, now I probably get 10% back down, 20% stuck on the post, and the rest to the pops. I think it will be great once I get the height adjusted right.

Feel free to stop by and try it if you want. It is a definite improvement.

#4808 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How do you adjust the height? and keep us informed if you find a sweet spot. I find it odd that a metal post would work better than a plastic post since the ball is metal you would think it would bounce back even more with a metal post?

There is a set screw at the bottom of the mount. It has to be adjusted no matter what when you install the batal one. The original was flat on the bottom, but this one has a bump on the end.

I had it adjusted right for a while, and it didn't get stuck, but I think it settled a little bit. I have been working on other games, so I just haven't played or worked on this one in a while.

I am not sure, but my guess is the plastic one flexes a bit so some of the ball's momentum is transferred back to it after contact.

3 weeks later
#4908 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Better grab one of these while you can. They just showed up on the store.
http://www.jsrdirect.com/webstores/dirtydonny/official-metallica-poster

dtd919-1.jpg

Thanks for the heads up! This will look great with Metallica and the blacklights in my gameroom.

#4918 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm not seeing it there. Can you reply with a link? Thanks!

They were only available to metclub members, but the site shows sold out for both versions now.

2 weeks later
#5057 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

It was sold out last I saw. Didn't ever see the price..

The sale was $25, and it will be $35 for future runs. I hope they become a stocked item one of these days. I would like to put one on my machine, but I am not going to try to chase the seller down to get notified to be one of the lucky ones to get to order it. I don't need any pinball product that bad.

2 months later
#5898 8 years ago

Interesting. Both the Premium and the Pro are in the top 10 this week.

2 months later
#6637 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Yes, during Lady Justice mode and at least FWTBT CIU. Not sure about the other CIU's. Possibly S&D, too. I can't remember.

It also opens up for a combo shot whenever you shoot a ramp.

1 week later
#6797 7 years ago

The FF speakers will not produce the same level of sound as the stock speakers using the same settings. You need to crank up the output from the soundboard a bit. I don't remember the name of the settings, but you can adjust both music and sounds. Adjust them down, so -5 will give you more output than 0.

There is not as much of an improvement on Met as there is on AC/DC, but they should definitely be noticeably better than the stock speakers once adjusted.

1 month later
#7124 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Advice and help needed. I have a pro that was made April 7th 2015 when Stern moved. It is known but not admitted that there was a curing issue.Stern has said that they believe that my game has normal wear for 1600 plays on my sparky magnet. I feel they are wrong. I would love to see pics of sparky magnet with more plays than mine. I have older and newer Sterns that have no issues like this. I feel Stern should be ashamed at this type of quality they put out and will not fix. They are going to send me head decals for the ones that are peeling off. I'm surprised that is not considered normal as well. Any help,pics,or advice is welcomed.

It looks like the magnet might be a little bit low, which I think would cause that wear with that many plays. Mine shows no wear with close to the same plays, but my magnets were adjusted by pinball refinery before I purchased the game.

2 months later
#8316 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Game exchange, tilt, or automated are 3 that come to mind. They all are going to be pretty much the same price. Which is much lower than the prices you're seeing on EBay

I have bought from pinball Refinery and Flipper Fidelity, and both were great. They will give you a great deal, but you have to call and ask for quotes.

Btw, I looked on pinballmap.com, and there are two pros in San Antonio if you at least want to take a day trip up there to try one. Maybe there is a member here in that area with a premium?

2 weeks later
#8503 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I like the creeping death blades, but not the light kit for it. I have candy purple powder coated armor, and powder coated apron and the purple in the pinblades look great. I like the tribute to Cliff they put on the creeping death blades.

The light kit is one of my favorite mods. Really adds a lot to the build up to sparky multiball.

7 months later
#10562 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I want a Met Pro but can't find a used one for love nor money.
They just don't come up for sale here in the UK.

This pin has been hard to find used for years, and when they do come up, as has been mentioned, it is not much of a savings over NIB. I had the same issue when I started looking for one 3 years ago.

1 week later
#10623 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Loving my MET Pro. Couple newbie questions regarding the orbit pop up post in the back center.
Is it supposed to pop up during plunge? It makes the skill shot virtually impossible to miss if you set it to the left lane. I prefer a more difficult skill shot. A setting I'm sure.
I've also noticed the post is up when I hit the left orbit. The red arrow is lit indicating I should shoot the left orbit but when I do the ball just hits the post and comes back out the same way it went in. The arrow light doesn't go out and I get no feedback that I did anything good lol.
Thanks for any clarification on these.

It is supposed to. If you hold the left flipper button at launch, it drops to allow for the super skill shot. The ball comes down to the flipper, then you have to make one of the lit shots within a few seconds.

#10625 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I noticed the same thing on mine

A lot of us have swapped the post with a metal one to prevent this. The ball is supposed to hit the post, then drop to the pops. There is a link to the metal post about every 4 pages in this thread.

Once I finally got the metal post adjusted properly, the ball hits the pops almost every time.

#10655 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

What adjustments did you make to the metal post? Mine still seems to bounce back at least 75% of the time.

Just the height. It seems to work best when it is set just high enough that the ball doesn't get stuck on the hole when in the down position. When I had it higher, I was closer to the 75% you are seeing.

#10658 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I'm having this issue as well, but when the ball approaches from the right (either via auto-launch from shooter lane or if I hit it up the right lane). Works perfectly when ball approaches from the left lane.
Question.....how do you adjust the height of the plunger?

It has been a while, but there is a set screw at the bottom of the assembly. You should be able to see it easily once you lift the playfield.

If you set it too low, you will know. The ball will get stuck on the hole when the post drops, and you have to wait for the ball finder code to activate to fire the coil to free it...then half the time it gets stuck again. lol

1 month later
#10940 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have the Refinery board in my Refinery Pro and it's great. I wonder if they sell it. Never looked.

They do. I have it in my Refinery Premium, and it is great.

2 weeks later
#11013 6 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

For the pickier pinsiders, I've designed a drop in mod that drastically reduces the light bleed around cross inserts. Check them out. Thanks
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1087-wcp/00873-cross-pattern-light-blocking-insert-metallica-pinball

This is definitely one of the cooler mods I have seen in a while. I am actively looking for things to print on my printer that I bought this month, would you be interested in selling just the file?

3 weeks later
#11214 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Save your money and buy a pro. It plays awesome and doesn't have that hammer of the gods thing in the way of the shots. Mods - Shaker motor and lighted speaker lights are great. $400.00 for a color DMD

I disagree completely on the hammer. I don't know if there is a more satisfying effect in pinball than the hammer dropping with a shaker installed. It is amazing.

#11217 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I don't get guys that just buy pins without even playing and then decide a week after having it that it's not a game for them.

With a few exceptions, there just isn't much of a financial deterrent to trying it. People are willing to pay close enough to NIB prices on most games. The Hobbit is the only one I have seen recently that people are selling for a significant discount for used. Even that one probably sold for close to NIB price for the first few months after release.

I personally wait for a year before even considering a Stern pin. If a game sells well, they will usually have the code pretty good by then. It will also be still available new if it is a good seller. I also play at least 100 games on any pin I am thinking of buying at shows, or on location. I did make an exception to that with AFMrLE as I only played about 20 games. I have played well over 100 of the original though, so I felt pretty safe in assuming it is a game I want.

1 week later
#11248 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

No, it makes the whole cabinet shake and you feel it through the flipper buttons and lock down bar. I really, really don't like them. Many people do, though.

The shaker going off when the hammer hits in Metallica is one of the coolest effects I have ever experienced in pinball.

#11250 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

That actually sounds pretty cool. I'm thinking of Metallica Premium and I would probably want that feature for it as long as it doesn't cause any vibration damage to the cabinet or components over time. I guess that would be the only concern that I have but I guess these games are designed for that.

I won't buy a pin that I can't put a shaker in anymore, and I have never seen any damage from one.

Post back after you have played Metallica with the shaker. It really makes the whole experience better.

#11255 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Thanks for the advice when I do get one I'm definitely going to put one in. I think I may place an add for an LE. I haven't seen any for sale for awhile but I'll see what happens. I've never cared about the rarity of LEs but I really like the artwork much better on the Metallica LE.

I have a Refinery Edition Premium, and it is incredible. I would imagine you canstill order one from Pinball Refinery as long as they can get the NIB machines. It is the same artwork since it is the Premium, but it looks really nice with that purple armor.

This is the only pic I can find at the moment. I really need to take some pics of the gameroom in the new house one of these days.
[URL=http://s16.photobucket.com/user/pcolson/media/Garage%20Arcade/IMG_1390.jpg.html][IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/pcolson/Garage%20Arcade/IMG_1390.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

#11256 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I have a Refinery Edition Premium, and it is incredible. I would imagine you canstill order one from Pinball Refinery as long as they can get the NIB machines. It is the same artwork since it is the Premium, but it looks really nice with that purple armor.
This is the only pic I can find at the moment. I really need to take some pics of the gameroom in the new house one of these days.

IMG_1390 (resized).JPGIMG_1390 (resized).JPG

#11280 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I'm glad you told me about the Refinery Metallicas. I've been looking at the Refinery Edition Premium. I'm seriously thinking of getting one but just weighing the cost of it. I looked at their website and the quote is over $9000 with the mods that I selected. I probably don't need to say That's a lot of money for most people. Since you got one recently does that price sound about right? Also, could you let me know where the refinery games are located. I was just wondering if I would be able to go pick it up if I bought one. I had a bad shipping experience before and would prefer not to ship if possible. Thanks.

That sounds about right for one that has most of the options. Steve would be the closest to you, but I can't remember which state he is in. HemiOrange09

It is an expensive machine, but you can save money by not selecting some of the options. Mine is fully loaded, and I can't think of a single mod on it that I would give up to lower the cost. This is one of those things where every piece just adds to the experience.

#11298 6 years ago
Quoted from Shrumdog:

just canceled my star wars premium and went with metallica premium. Ordered shaker motor, snake fangs, tongue decal, 2d and 3d from graffix, mystery hole protector, and shooter cliffy. Anything Im missing?
too much unknown with the sw premium, thought better to wait and see and go with this met winner in meantime

I think most of us have swapped out the block under the hammer with a captive ball. It makes the shot better. Also, the plastic post to block the orbit shot usually rebounds back down the orbit instead of dropping the ball down to the pops. There is a metal post you can swap in to fix that. The links to both are somewhere in this thread.

ColorDMD is a great upgrade. I have the Flipper Fidelity speakers in mine, and they sound great.

Also check out Pinball Refinery's site. Any of the mods they have there are good additions.

There is also a plastic piece you can get to stop airballs off of Sparky, and that is a great upgrade.

1 month later
#11553 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Wow!! The Premium comes with no shaker??

I don't think any Premium has ever had a shaker included. Some of the LEs have though.

1 month later
#11846 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's absolutely worth getting. I love when Sparky multiball starts and the whole machine shakes as he's being fried!

Also, if you have the premium, the hammer drop is incredible with a shaker. Metallica really uses the shaker well.

3 months later
#12716 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Thanks. I'll have to watch it closely while someone is playing. Maybe a slight tweak on the rail might make it hit the post differently?

Try adjusting the height of the post. It took me a few tries to get it just right. I think the sweet spot for me was as low as possible without the ball getting stuck in the hole when the post lowers. Yours may be high enough that there is less give when the ball hits, so less energy is absorbed.

I have had my post on for at least a year (maybe 2 now), and I think I have had two balls fall back down the orbit since then.

4 months later
#13887 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Anyone have any tips on the easiest way to hit the mystery hole? It is extremely rare that I ever do hit it, but the only way that I have been able to is to launch the ball, let it roll down and hit the left flipper while it's in the down position which bounces it up and to the right into the hole. My second method is to flip the ball right off of the very tip of the left flipper. I earn extra ball at least 2 times every game that I play, yet I can never seem to collect them most times. Super frustrating.

If you keep missing with the tip of the flipper, just let the ball hit the left sling a few times. It will end up in the mystery hole before long.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.95
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nexyss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=nexyss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.