C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 434.
#10501 7 years ago

To have the 2x scoring "Fuel", you have to hit the piston target when the four Fuel inserts are lit/flashing, right?

#10502 7 years ago

Would anybody happen to know the part number for the return lane guides for the premium models ?
Equivalent to these but with 3 holes and for Metallica.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-8951-00
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-8950-00

#10503 7 years ago

Decided to swap out this green Sparky protector for a clear one. Since awesome Pinsider j_m_ sent me this one for free I'm gonna do the same. Whomever wants it just Lemmy know. Was it Rick in WV that sells the clear ones?
20170405_195241 (resized).jpg20170405_195241 (resized).jpg

#10504 7 years ago

Also... the auto plunge is getting weak. Not every time, but maybe 30% of the time ball's not making it out. I feel like there has to be a thread about this but didn't find it.

#10505 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Also... the auto plunge is getting weak. Not every time, but maybe 30% of the time ball's not making it out. I feel like there has to be a thread about this but didn't find it.

Common problem on modern sterns unfortunately. Often the fork breaks or bends. It is just a poorly designed mech.

#10506 7 years ago

Protector gone, let's thank our home viewers who are playing along.

#10507 7 years ago
Quoted from jeston:

Would anybody happen to know the part number for the return lane guides for the premium models ?

I'd like to buy a set of these as well so I can install the Total Lightshow lane extensions.

#10508 7 years ago
Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

So I am truly considering getting a MET soon, I've never owned a newer machine but every time I play it, I get that one more game feeling... but I have several young kids and shelter them from language, cussing doesn't bother my wife or I but would like to keep our kids innocent for the time being. Any suggestions? I know you can bleep but didnt know if anyone else has dealt with this. It'll be in my house, bedroom or living room since my mini game room is full and not yet climate controlled. Any ideas, suggestions are appreciated.

I had the same thoughts and honestly still do. You can put it on family mode but it only bleeps some of the words. Even so, it's pretty obvious. My kids are not so young anymore and it's not like they have not heard a few swear words. I'm no prude but don't like to hear my kids talk like that. My kids are not too impressionable so not really a big deal. I do turn the volume way down when little kids are over that want to play. That may seem silly to some but whatever. I just love the gameplay so had to have one. There really isn't anything logical when it comes to buying a pin.

#10509 7 years ago
Quoted from jeston:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-8951-00
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-8950-00

Check for replacements for Aerosmith Pro as well. I'm pretty sure it's the same guide, with three holes, but I haven't gone to the trouble of test fitting.

#10510 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Decided to swap out this green Sparky protector for a clear one. Since awesome Pinsider j_m_ sent me this one for free I'm gonna do the same. Whomever wants it just Lemmy know. Was it Rick in WV that sells the clear ones?

Yep i can make clear (no etching) sparky protectors. The volume of orders has dwindled so at this point i make them to order. I dont keep stock ready to ship. So it may take a week or so to ship out to folks.

But i can get a sparky protector out to any USPS mailling address for $6 paypal shipped.

#10511 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Holy shit has this game pissed me off tonight. I don't think I averaged over 30 seconds per ball over the course of an hour. I've realized the only true safe shots in this game are the ramps....
Yes I'm frustrated as shit right now....No, I am never getting rid of MET!

Hehe...I know how you feel. You should try making a few adjustments that might make your game more enjoyable. I may not be a purist when it comes to MET game play but it's all about making me feel better about my game.

Try changing the following:
• Remove the magnet feature for Sparky Multiball (helps with the down the middle drains).
• Reduce number of hits to start Sparky MB slightly.
• Increase the starting SNAKE hits by 1.
• Increase the starting FUEL level to 3.
• Reduce the number of hits it takes to start Coffin MB (this should be default IMO)
• Increase the drain time to 10 secs.
• Increase the drain save times on your Multiballs (it's all about the MB, isn't it?).
• Increase the timers to keep Modes going (like Seek and Destroy)
• Turn on SNAKE MB capture lock (adds a fun dimension to MB).
• Increase the Slingshot Coil (helps with getting scoop more often)
• Remove the extra times you have to complete picks for band members (highly recommend).

This is by no means an exhaustive list but it's a good place to start. Start there and then adjust things as you get better and it becomes too easy. I know if I didn't do things like that my wife would have lost interest long ago.

#10512 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Yep i can make clear (no etching) sparky protectors. The volume of orders has dwindled so at this point i make them to order. I dont keep stock ready to ship. So it may take a week or so to ship out to folks.
But i can get a sparky protector out to any USPS mailling address for $6 paypal shipped.

Thanks for the post Rick. PM incoming.

#10513 7 years ago

Decided to turn on ES to play while it was my wife's turn on Met. Put up a top score on both, today is a good day!

IMG_20170407_215359 (resized).jpgIMG_20170407_215359 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170407_215309 (resized).jpgIMG_20170407_215309 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170407_215751 (resized).jpgIMG_20170407_215751 (resized).jpg

#10514 7 years ago

In the last 5 days I have had the GC score change 3 times by friends who have stopped by to play .
It's cool to see others initials on the board and remember the good games .

#10515 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

In the last 5 days I have had the GC score change 3 times by friends who have stopped by to play .
It's cool to see others initials on the board and remember the good games .

How high is your GC? I'm sure it's way way higher than this 2 day old machine lol

#10516 7 years ago
Quoted from DatNoobAdam:

How high is your GC? I'm sure it's way way higher than this 2 day old machine lol

Installed new code last week , so my guests feel pretty good when they leave , for now .

#10517 7 years ago

I tried some album covers on the sneeze guard over the Mystery hole, but I moved them to the launch lane. Much better. Added a P-40 Warhawk over the Mystery hole. FWTBT is my favorite animation in the game.

Photo_2017-04-08_03-07-47_PM (resized).pngPhoto_2017-04-08_03-07-47_PM (resized).png

#10518 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Added a P-40 Warhawk over the Mystery hole. FWTBT is my favorite animation in the game.

I like the p-40 different but nice touch

#10519 7 years ago

Finally got a Metallica! Received it yesterday and spent the day installing mods I'd been collecting for a while. Full cliffy protectors, red apron, illusion orange armor, snake ramp mod, back lit skulls beneath coffin. Was wavering on getting the game again but super happy with the decision.

IMG_5956 (resized).JPGIMG_5956 (resized).JPG

IMG_5957 (resized).JPGIMG_5957 (resized).JPG

IMG_5964 (resized).JPGIMG_5964 (resized).JPG

IMG_5965 (resized).JPGIMG_5965 (resized).JPG

IMG_5966 (resized).JPGIMG_5966 (resized).JPG

IMG_5967 (resized).JPGIMG_5967 (resized).JPG

IMG_5968 (resized).JPGIMG_5968 (resized).JPG

IMG_5974 (resized).JPGIMG_5974 (resized).JPG

#10520 7 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Finally got a Metallica! Received it yesterday and spent the day installing mods I'd been collecting for a while. Full cliffy protectors, red apron, illusion orange armor, snake ramp mod, back lit skulls beneath coffin. Was wavering on getting the game again but super happy with the decision.

Looks great, I have the same apron on mine, put extra led flasher strips under it and it REALLY lights up.

#10521 7 years ago

Is that powder coated or vinyl wrapped orange?! Look real nice man! Tasteful upgrades! Looks faakin shweet! Congrats!

#10522 7 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

You forgot to mention one more MOD you installed......sheep skin footies

#10523 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

You forgot to mention one more MOD you installed......sheep skin footies

Oh yeah my Princess Leah hair bun replicas. Thats how I sweep the floor when I move my games around

#10524 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Is that powder coated or vinyl wrapped orange?! Look real nice man! Tasteful upgrades! Looks faakin shweet! Congrats!

Its all new powder coating I had done by pinballplatingandmore.com. Its prismatic powder illusion orange with a clear over it.

#10525 7 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Its all new powder coating I had done by pinballplatingandmore.com. Its prismatic powder illusion orange with a clear over it.

love the orange armour!! Never seen that colour armour before.

#10526 7 years ago

Hey guys,
I did about an hour of searching and didn't find anything so I'm assuming the game is acting as it should, but wanted to ask anyway for clarification... Are the grave marker drop targets supposed to reset frequently? I can have 2 or 3 turn and hit a snake shot or ramp shot and it'll click like 3 times and reset them. Seems odd that a shot that's already as difficult as that one would reset itself within the same ball. Just got the machine Thursday so wanted to make sure that's how it's supposed to act. Thanks!

#10527 7 years ago
Quoted from DatNoobAdam:

Hey guys,
I did about an hour of searching and didn't find anything so I'm assuming the game is acting as it should, but wanted to ask anyway for clarification... Are the grave marker drop targets supposed to reset frequently? I can have 2 or 3 turn and hit a snake shot or ramp shot and it'll click like 3 times and reset them. Seems odd that a shot that's already as difficult as that one would reset itself within the same ball. Just got the machine Thursday so wanted to make sure that's how it's supposed to act. Thanks!

Not that I am aware. Only time I see this happening during an active ball is after a MB has played out and I'm back to one ball.

#10528 7 years ago
Quoted from DatNoobAdam:

Hey guys,

Yes, it is acting as it should. Those were knocked down during a multi-ball and then once you're back to one ball as soon as it knows it's safe to reset, it will do it. That's either when it hits the scoop or a ramp and it knows the ball won't be at risk of being in there when they pop up.

#10529 7 years ago

Once you are back to single ball as long as you hit the grave shot once before hitting any other major shots then they wont reset. So i try to keep that in mind coming out of a MB to help get grave easier

#10530 7 years ago

Awesome, thank you guys! I assumed that was the case. That shot is a pain in the ass too! Lol I thought of another question also, what does the spider pick being lit blue indicate?

#10531 7 years ago

Happy that I'll be joining soon. I just bought a nicely modded HUO pro. I've paid for the game... just have to pick it up.

color dmd
pingrafix side blades, and lit rails
Flipper fidelity speaker upgrade
shaker motor
sparky upgrade
backbox light kit
And a few other mods also

IMG_7235 (resized).JPGIMG_7235 (resized).JPG

IMG_7237 (resized).JPGIMG_7237 (resized).JPG

IMG_7238 (resized).JPGIMG_7238 (resized).JPG

IMG_7239 (resized).JPGIMG_7239 (resized).JPG

IMG_7240 (resized).JPGIMG_7240 (resized).JPG

IMG_7241 (resized).JPGIMG_7241 (resized).JPG

#10532 7 years ago

So after reading about stacking the multiballs with coffin I decided to try it. I'm not an experienced player, up til now my best score was about 45 mil. I got a sparky multiball (ball 2 after a quick ball 1 ) and started with the picks, got add a ball then hammered away at the coffin and snake. After draining the multiball I started coffin multiball and snake multiball, started justice for all all while running fuel 2x. It was AWESOME! Ball 3 drained as fast as ball 1 but I still ended up with over 82 mil! I know that's not a crazy high score but for me it is. Best game of pinball I've ever played!!!

#10533 7 years ago

I'm always confused about which multiballs can be stacked, and what order you have to start them in.

#10534 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm always confused about which multiballs can be stacked, and what order you have to start them in.

Gweem, you can only stack coffin with either sparky, graveyard, and/or snake after you have started coffin mb. you can't stack any other way.

#10535 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

Gweem, you can only stack coffin with either sparky, graveyard, and/or snake after you have started coffin mb. you can't stack any other way.

Thanks! So the most you can stack is two multiballs, one of them has the be coffin, and it must be started first?

#10536 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks! So the most you can stack is two multiballs, one of them has the be coffin, and it must be started first?

yeup,

i think it's easy to get confused that you can add a ball to any multi ball by hitting the standup targets, then shoot for the snake. it may seem like stacking another mb, but you are always just adding a ball at the lit snake.

#10537 7 years ago

I don't think I've ever pulled off the stack. Coffin multiball is really hard to start just on its own. In fact, I recently reduced the amount of hits required because I rarely ever started it.

#10538 7 years ago

For me...I think more importantly is get your FUEL mode a hit away before starting Sparky. You can usually hit FUEL by mistake during Sparky MB more times than not and suddenly you end up with an ass-load of points when it's all over. It's also nice to have the FUEL mode last longer due to the save time in Sparky MB.

Another thing to pay attention to, try to finish the picks when you first start the Sparky MB...or any other MB. Once you finish the picks, the Snake lights and you can lock a free bonus ball in the Snake...sometimes 2 unfortunately. They usually kick out near the end of your MB at which helps to extend your ass-load of points. More so than just points, I really enjoy those shots and I tend to shoot for that more than I do Sparky...but that's just me.

Don't forget that you need to turn on the Ball Lock for the Snake in your Feature Settings. I go so far as up the Ball Lock time to 30 seconds...just makes is more fun for me and my family who mostly play it.

#10539 7 years ago

Recent Metallica owner. I've noticed it is easy to get air balls on the ricochet off Sparky's feet. Is this normal? Any way to reduce this?

#10540 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

Recent Metallica owner. I've noticed it is easy to get air balls on the ricochet off Sparky's feet. Is this normal? Any way to reduce this?

Most of us with that issue now have a sparky extended protector. I got mine from Pinbits but there are other available.

#10541 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

I swapped out the small rubbers on the 2 posts in front of Sparky for posts that a Cliffy style rubber fits on and we haven't had the issue. Most will tell you ... You have to have an extended Sparky plastic protector. (similar to you have to have the metal post instead of the plastic one that comes in the orbit...) I've never had this on mine and haven't seen a need for it since I swapped out those posts and rubbers for the Cliffys. All what you think it needs...

Phoebe

#10542 7 years ago

I took off my hammer to install snake teeth with putty. I put the hammer back on and now the ball hits the bottom of the hammer. It is like the hammer is 1/16" too low barely catches the ball. Anyone else have this problem? I don't really see how to adjust it. Do I just loosen the screws push it upwards and retighten?

#10543 7 years ago

The hammer is hollow and open on the bottom, so if it's hitting the ball, it must be the outer edge. I would think that means it is either too far back or forward on the playfield, rather than too low.

#10544 7 years ago

I figured it out. For anyone else's reference: The problem was the magnet wasn't flush with the playfield which caused the ball to jump a bit into the hammer.

I found that the screws below in red had come really loose. Tighten them up and I'm back in business.
Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#10545 7 years ago

Just ordered my first pin, none other than Metallica pro! So pumped and so pumped I found pinside!

#10546 7 years ago

so i have the last 2 panels

stainless steel

$ 85 + free shipping now !
worldwide

2 pieces to 1 address 100$ !!!! free shipping

Metallica_Typ_B_663mm_x_165mm.pdfMetallica_Typ_B_663mm_x_165mm.pdf

0cca839dd60f6aecae92d782a997c4817f521fd4 (resized).jpg0cca839dd60f6aecae92d782a997c4817f521fd4 (resized).jpg

#10547 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Most of us with that issue now have a sparky extended protector. I got mine from Pinbits but there are other available.

How does that protector work to prevent the airballs? Its difficult to say looking at the Pinbits site since I can't see a picture of the protector. Perhaps a picture of the protector installed on a game would help me see it, if someone could post such a picture.

#10548 7 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I swapped out the small rubbers on the 2 posts in front of Sparky for posts that a Cliffy style rubber fits on and we haven't had the issue.

Cool, thanks Phoebe. I'll look into that. So, replace the posts with standard posts with Cliffy post sleeves installed, right?

#10549 7 years ago

As a new Metallica owner I have to say the size of this thread is daunting, 211 pages and still growing. Before I wade thru all of those pages, is there something that summarizes the common adjustments that people have been making to their Metallica pins? Adjustments for proper gameplay or to prevent breakage. And perhaps something else that summarizes the mods available?

#10550 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

How does that protector work to prevent the airballs? Its difficult to say looking at the Pinbits site since I can't see a picture of the protector. Perhaps a picture of the protector installed on a game would help me see it, if someone could post such a picture.

Same way that the TFLE airball plastic works. The ball bounces up and hits the plastic and puts it back on the ground before it can get to far in the air. It's extremely beneficial and something I would diffidently consider, especially at the price it cost.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 149.00
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 21,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/211 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.