20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 47.
#2101 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So i finally have gotten to put a few games on my Batman.
Note that i haven't rated this pin despite owning it, like it matters anyhow!
I'm on .65 code hoping that we get an update tomorrow and haven't had time to update to .68.
As we know, VERY basic code and a LONG ways to go.
Left orbit is smooth as butter.
Left ramp has no rattle and plastic ball guard. Smooth.
Turn table mech is really cool, I love it. LOVE the LCD.
Flows great, like i give a shit, but love long shots though like WPT.
Fairly easy shot making? Yes. No cheap drains and longer game times for me.
Bottom line, its FUN to shoot and theme integration is great. It's now just a Lyman waiting game.
And i think it will be such a unique and fun pin. I'm thrilled with it considering the code and where its going.

Youve got to update to 0.68 ASAP. Big improvement over 0.65.

#2102 7 years ago

Iceman, did you swap the blue rubber on your left ramp?

#2103 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Haven't really done anything yet. Shot seems to work well but that's on my list to fix! Thx

#2104 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Who'd want to do that?!

#2105 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So i finally have gotten to put a few games on my Batman.
Note that i haven't rated this pin despite owning it, like it matters anyhow!
I'm on .65 code hoping that we get an update tomorrow and haven't had time to update to .68.
As we know, VERY basic code and a LONG ways to go.
Left orbit is smooth as butter.
Turn table mech is really cool, I love it. LOVE the LCD.
Flows great, like i give a shit, but love long shots though like WPT.
Fairly easy shot making? Yes. No cheap drains and longer game times for me.
Bottom line, its FUN to shoot and theme integration is great. It's now just a Lyman waiting game.
And i think it will be such a unique and fun pin. I'm thrilled with it considering the code and where its going.

You are spot on, my friend...enjoy!!!

#2106 7 years ago

Nimblepin just called and is coming on over. I bet he wants to play a new game that actually exists.

Well come on down buddy! Batman is the only game in town.

#2107 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nimblepin just called and is coming on over. I bet he wants to play a new game that actually exists.
Well come on down buddy! Batman is the only game in town.

#2108 7 years ago

We are both in agreement. Moving that pad on the left ramp is for pussies.

#2109 7 years ago

People are buying pins that cost nearly three times of a normal pin without ever playing it.... and you guys are worried about a guy rating the game he hasn't played? This is place is pure comedy sometimes

#2110 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

People are buying pins that cost nearly three times of a normal pin without ever playing it...

I'd never do that. I got my Batman at a fire sale. And got to play it first!

#2111 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

People are buying pins that cost nearly three times of a normal pin without ever playing it.... and you guys are worried about a guy rating the game he hasn't played? This is place is pure comedy sometimes

You should know, you provide some of the amazingly dumb "pure comedy" yourself.

#2112 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Lol

#2113 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

"comedy sometimes"? Maybe MOST of the time.

I chuckled at the one where a guy was describing how he had to swipe his young kid's Batman toy so he could put it in his 10 grand "adult" Batman toy.

I could just picture the Dad and son fighting tug of war over the toy..."Sorry son - it's for the good of the FAMILY"!!

Do we guys EVER grow up? lol

#2114 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Do we guys EVER grow up? lol

I hope not.

#2115 7 years ago

Yeah I've genuinely enjoyed seeing older guys like myself get silly over Batman. Being a military brat I spent my early years in Athens, Greece and TV over there consisted of B&W Man from UNCLE reruns in what appeared to be a raging snowstorm (standard Greek TV reception). So when I returned to the States and saw color TV for the first time the Batman thing must have already peaked.

So I don't have the nostalgia for it (which I suspect may be mandatory for proper enjoyment) but I've had a chuckle or two watching guys regress into little boys. Like you inferred... not necessarily a bad thing

#2116 7 years ago

Batman66 is awesome.

#2117 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

What a neat game and idea. I'm so glad I'm alive to witness the magic. Stern is God. Stern almighty. Stern FTW. BM66 is the best game ever because Lyman's shit never stinks and he's God too. He's just running late getting it done, no problem, take all the time you need, people already own the game and don't care, it didn't matter it wasn't done and won't matter if it ever gets done. Stern is the best. Gary isn't a greedy SOB. Play fields are perfect. Their champion of PR Iceman had a game arrive just as perfect as he described it would be. Photoshop experts nailed the art.
I'm gonna have to bow down and send money for an unfinished product and defend them tooth and nail when someone speaks out against them, because I'd rather encourage them to keep releasing unfinished games with quality control problems than pressure them to not be such greedy capitalist pigs. And this is the only thing in the world I can't form an opinion on or rate properly unless I actually play the thing, unlike anything else. God forbid. I'm not sure how I ever figured out which car to drive, since I literally had to test drive Ugo's and Pinto's and everything else to determine they were garbage. Just couldn't see that by looking at them. Kind of like moldy looking fruit, maybe it still tastes good and I should try eating it before making a hasty decision. Stern is the best. I love Stern. Gary is my hero, but I think Lyman is the real hero. I'm gonna go back to my Lyman shrine, light some more candles and meditate while sending him some chi to help him perfect that code.

Woah, back up man. You forgot the emoticon.

#2118 7 years ago

Iceman and the crew sent me some pills, I totally love this game now. About to go rate it a perfect 10.0.

#2119 7 years ago

heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpgheavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg

#2120 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Iceman and the crew sent me some pills, I totally love this game now. About to go rate it a perfect 10.0.

Man, you need a new hobby. Life is too short for this crap, it's only pinball!!!.....maybe golf or checkers or something.....geesh....a pill might not be a bad idea in this case..

#2121 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Send some to me.

#2122 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man, you need a new hobby.

I thought it was an addiction, not a hobby.

#2123 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It's always fun to watch someone take the turn to the dark side. They get snippy, sarcastic, and then try to justify rating games they haven't played.

#2124 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

This, I agree with 100%!!!

#2125 7 years ago

I think most can look at a video of game play and judge is they like a game or not, or at least be intrigued enough to want to play it. Putting aside any of people opinions or judgement of others opinions, there are some serious quality issues surrounding the release of the game that I need not reiterate. Stern has done a great job of pissing off multiple consumers and all we really want is a game that we feel is worth the money.

#2126 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I think most can look at a video of game play and judge is they like a game or not, or at least be intrigued enough to want to play it. Putting aside any of people opinions or judgement of others opinions, there are some serious quality issues surrounding the release of the game that I need not reiterate. Stern has done a great job of pissing off multiple consumers and all we really want is a game that we feel is worth the money.

Not everyone is allowed to think like that in here without repercussions. Be careful, tread lightly.

#2127 7 years ago

This seems to be the case. But I played it and it was lackluster at best, but that's my humble or feeble opinion

Quoted from sevenrites:

Not everyone is allowed to think like that in here without repercussions. Be careful, tread lightly.

#2128 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

But why would you do it, and under what motivation? Seriously. I've never played KISS but I've read a lot about the "cities" not being coded. What value would my negative rating of KISS be to the pinball world when I can add no first-hand game play nuance, and why would anyone take their valuable time to rate it without playing it? More karma points, sabotage Stern, retribution for being priced out of a NIB game? I guess under this approach people could watch YouTube videos of the Top 100 pins and rate them all without ever touching them, but there wouldn't be much credibility to it.

Do we need a virtual ratings section of the Top 100 for those who watched videos or played Pinball Arcade simulations and feel obligated, for whatever the reason, to rate the game(s) as a result?

#2129 7 years ago

Just played it and anyone that purchased probably feels like they need some of this....Click if you dare!!!

#2130 7 years ago

JK...Actually it's not bad. Played in a loud arcade with no ability to hear the sound. Would like to play a tuned one with the ability to hear. Liked the wide open PF and long shots though.

#2131 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is the left-ramp plastic guard an add-on or stock on current units? A picture would be great.
Is the plastic guard on all 3 versions?
I've heard the ball can launch off the ramp so this guard interests me.
Disclaimer : I have not purchased BM66 yet, but it is on my radar for my next pin.

#2132 7 years ago

All good Taz, yes virtual ratings would be good. We are all opinionated and this forum is a place where we can express it, virtual or not. Your references to karma points, retribution to Stern and priced out shows the depth of your thinking. We all want Stern to succeed but they have ruffled more than a feather. If you chose to vehemently stick up for Stern and disregard the issues as of recent, than that is your choice. BM66 to me is a load of garbage, but aesthetically pleasing garbage, that Stern put together hastily to capitalize on consumers that have now spent numerous hours applying playfield protectors, troubleshooting and trying to figure out where the loose screws belongs.

Quoted from taz:

But why would you do it, and under what motivation? Seriously. I've never played KISS but I've read a lot about the "cities" not being coded. What value would my negative rating of KISS be to the pinball world when I can add no first-hand game play nuance, and why would anyone take their valuable time to rate it without playing it? More karma points, sabotage Stern, retribution for being priced out of a NIB game? I guess under this approach people could watch YouTube videos of the Top 100 pins and rate them all without ever touching them, but there wouldn't be much credibility to it.
Do we need a virtual ratings section of the Top 100 for those who watched videos or played Pinball Arcade simulations and feel obligated, for whatever the reason, to rate the game(s) as a result?

#2133 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Is the left-ramp plastic guard an add-on or stock on current units? A picture would be great.
Is the plastic guard on all 3 versions?
I've heard the ball can launch off the ramp so this guard interests me.

Yes, all versions have the plastic.

Stern has redesigned it for current production models (longer), though the plastic becomes more noticeable. Some have cut a thicker piece using the existing plastic as a template and have reported that prevents balls from flying off.

#2134 7 years ago

At the very least it would be nice to have a thicker plastic that doesn't flap around when you hit that ramp.

#2135 7 years ago

Surprisingly good. The game plays well. The rotating playfield toy is pretty cool. The metal ramps flow well. Well executed theme. Only nit pick is it sounds like stern is going DE on us with recycling sounds (sling shots and spinning toy are from GB). Other than that good game.

#2136 7 years ago

We got a BM66 Premium on route up at the PWA in NH last night. Game played great. Left orbit was super tight. You either snuck by, hit rattled and returned, or hit it so hard, it made the orbit but lost some speed from grazing.

Theme integration was awesome, LCD was the perfect size, and the shots were fun. Wish for $8K you saw some better rails to prevent flipper button wear, and maybe some side blades too, but overall it was very nice looking. Watching others, my favorite part was to see the turntable and crane move simultaneously. That sort of design can break up the monotony on fan layouts and I really hope that sort of stuff makes its way into future titles.

#2137 7 years ago

Put some more time in on a local BM66. Sadly it was leaning to the right pretty hard so the gameplay was pretty off. Still feels clunky. Multiple times the turntable turned partway and then just stopped for a few seconds - is this a malfunction or a code thing? Patiently waiting for callouts.

#2138 7 years ago

New code is up:
http://sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-batman-premium
http://sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-batman-super-le

V0.69.0 - February 16, 2017
===========================
- Added shaker motor effects.
- Cleaned up villain super jackpot award display effects (text, speed up).
- Added display effect and sounds for extra ball.
- Added display effect and sounds for extra ball lit.
- Fixed a bug in the batphone hurry-up where stacking the 4th villain
would not lock in the 4th villain; the 4th villain would continually
allow the batphone hurry-up to be restarted.
- Restart batphone hurry-up award from mystery now given every other time.
- Pop bumper target increases the pop bumper values.
- Implemented new versioning scheme.
- Added turntable magnet to villain vision shots to the turntable during
main multiball.
- Changed the names of the TV target targets and lamps.
- Stop penguin skill shot on certain playfield switches.
- Rework text bubbles for skill shot.
- Cleaned up control gate issues. Added open control gate for combos and
for batphone hurry-up.
- Extra ball now awarded on the left loop switch as well as the top eject.
- Added batphone hurry-up champion.
- Fixed an issue with the node start-up code that would fail to detect
the Villain Vision (TV) node on certain games. The node start-up code
would continually reset the node bus, and after 5 tries, give up.
Shortly after giving up, the TV node would come on-line. This has been
corrected.
- Major villain mode scoring now based on:
a) Number of times all villains have been captured
b) Batphone hurry-up score
c) Number of villain shots made.
- Major villain advance was not being initialized correctly (villains
would not require more shots after they had been completed). This has
been fixed.
- Added restart batphone hurry-up award to mystery.

#2139 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

More karma points, sabotage Stern, retribution for being priced out of a NIB game?

Think you just summed up 80% of the vitriol in this thread.

#2140 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

New code is up:
http://sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-batman-premium
http://sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-batman-super-le
V0.69.0 - February 16, 2017
===========================
- Added shaker motor effects.
- Cleaned up villain super jackpot award display effects (text, speed up).
- Added display effect and sounds for extra ball.
- Added display effect and sounds for extra ball lit.
- Fixed a bug in the batphone hurry-up where stacking the 4th villain
would not lock in the 4th villain; the 4th villain would continually
allow the batphone hurry-up to be restarted.
- Restart batphone hurry-up award from mystery now given every other time.
- Pop bumper target increases the pop bumper values.
- Implemented new versioning scheme.
- Added turntable magnet to villain vision shots to the turntable during
main multiball.
- Changed the names of the TV target targets and lamps.
- Stop penguin skill shot on certain playfield switches.
- Rework text bubbles for skill shot.
- Cleaned up control gate issues. Added open control gate for combos and
for batphone hurry-up.
- Extra ball now awarded on the left loop switch as well as the top eject.
- Added batphone hurry-up champion.
- Fixed an issue with the node start-up code that would fail to detect
the Villain Vision (TV) node on certain games. The node start-up code
would continually reset the node bus, and after 5 tries, give up.
Shortly after giving up, the TV node would come on-line. This has been
corrected.
- Major villain mode scoring now based on:
a) Number of times all villains have been captured
b) Batphone hurry-up score
c) Number of villain shots made.
- Major villain advance was not being initialized correctly (villains
would not require more shots after they had been completed). This has
been fixed.
- Added restart batphone hurry-up award to mystery.

IMG_0142 (resized).JPGIMG_0142 (resized).JPG

#2141 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You should know, you provide some of the amazingly dumb "pure comedy" yourself.

Whenever I need to kill time with something I give zero fucks about it... I let myself read one of your posts.

#2142 7 years ago

You used the wrong picture of the batman 66 pin. The premium does not have batgirl on the sides any more. Get your head out of ass .

#2143 7 years ago

I have refrained from having a full impression, until I had time to play.
I put in 30 plus games, literally alone, at the Pinball Lounge this week.

As we all know, Game looks Great, as it did in Chicago. 9
Game sounds, Music, call outs, screen, and theme...tops! 9+
Code...developing...... currently a 7, for me.
Shots, and game play...7-1/2.

Overall, an 8, with the possibility of 9 with code.

Why not a 10? nothings perfect, always room for better.

In comparison, TWD...solid 9, but a different feel, mood, and "battle"
GB Premium, a Solid 8. Aside from playfield, Magna Slings, Theme, Fun all the way around.
Wont know if it will get better, time and code will tell.

in my eyes, AC/DC 9.5
Iron Man 9
BBH 7.5-8

Batman will get better with code, and if you are a fan of the turntable and its shots, its higher for you.
I find it gimmicky, and "expensive", without the need. But thats just me.

I fun game for sure...no doubt its got so much done right, but I guess my final thoughts are repeated..
Premium...$5995 list, $4500-$5K, HUO after code develops.....6K-7K used???...I just added 4 killer pins for the same,
and dont see it yet.

So.....Ill wait.....get more impressions....read Ices postsssss.

Alien and Dialed In seem to capture my attention more, as far as "new" and 12 months time.

Having too much fun with older games never played! I have just as much time in BOP as Batman, and other than the color screen, BOP is calling my name more.

Congrats to all owners, enjoy in the best of health!

#2144 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Having too much fun with older games never played! I have just as much time in BOP as Batman, and other than the color screen, BOP is calling my name more.

Stick the DP BOP 2.0 with the color screen in it and it REALLY sings. Whole new game, and amazing.

#2145 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have refrained from having a full impression, until I had time to play.
I put in 30 plus games, literally alone, at the Pinball Lounge this week.
As we all know, Game looks Great, as it did in Chicago. 9
Game sounds, Music, call outs, screen, and theme...tops! 9+
Code...developing...... currently a 7, for me.
Shots, and game play...7-1/2.
Overall, an 8, with the possibility of 9 with code.
Why not a 10? nothings perfect, always room for better.
In comparison, TWD...solid 9, but a different feel, mood, and "battle"
GB Premium, a Solid 8. Aside from playfield, Magna Slings, Theme, Fun all the way around.
Wont know if it will get better, time and code will tell.
in my eyes, AC/DC 9.5
Iron Man 9
BBH 7.5-8
Batman will get better with code, and if you are a fan of the turntable and its shots, its higher for you.
I find it gimmicky, and "expensive", without the need. But thats just me.
I fun game for sure...no doubt its got so much done right, but I guess my final thoughts are repeated..
Premium...$5995 list, $4500-$5K, HUO after code develops.....6K-7K used???...I just added 4 killer pins for the same,
and dont see it yet.
So.....Ill wait.....get more impressions....read Ices postsssss.
Alien and Dialed In seem to capture my attention more, as far as "new" and 12 months time.
Congrats to all owners, enjoy in the best of health!

Premium bat66 is much more than 6k? Believe its around 8k nib shipped.

#2146 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Premium bat66 is much more than 6k? Believe its around 8k nib shipped.

Indeed, It just felt more like a 6K game, than an 8K, IMO.

#2147 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Indeed, It just felt more like a 6K game, than an 8K, IMO.

O ok ...sorry lol. If the premium bat 66 was priced like Aerosmith (like it sld be imo) i may be interested but not enough there to warrant 8k to me .

#2148 7 years ago

Pretty Much feel the same.

Very grateful the game was made for all to Enjoy!

#2149 7 years ago

Yep all pinball is good pinball

#2150 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep all pinball is good pinball

South Park?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.99
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression/page/43?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.