Topic Stats

• 2,353 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Samuel (resized).jpg
Backglass (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg
They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg
5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 47.
#2151 1 year ago

Well i may not enjoy certain titles but someone will which is all that matters.... this hobby has something for everyone

#2153 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I was finally able to play BM66 and I have to say I was less than impressed!! 3 games on it and I was of to a MMR. I like the looks of this game but that was it. I played a few more games hoping to get into it and I just did not happen. The game is not terrible it just did not embrace my like the other games in the same room. I will try again another day... Disipointed!!

I put in a few more games today.. I want to like this game pretty bad.. Not there yet... Also the left ramp on the premium shakes and moves real bad when the ball is in it. It dips down. Needs a brace of some sort.

#2154 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

the left ramp on the premium shakes and moves real bad when the ball is in it. It dips down. Needs a brace of some sort.

Stern has redesigned the ramp cover that eliminates the movement.

#2155 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is this something that all the games that have shipped already will receive ..

#2156 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Really? Pics?

#2157 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I put in a few more games today.. I want to like this game pretty bad.. Not there yet... Also the left ramp on the premium shakes and moves real bad when the ball is in it. It dips down. Needs a brace of some sort.

I decided to bail on my LE.....
While I agree that the code was improving, just couldn't get past the "brick" factor on many of the shots

#2158 1 year ago

See the owners thread.

#2159 1 year ago
Quoted from ngg:

I decided to bail on my LE.....
While I agree that the code was improving, just couldn't get past the "brick" factor on many of the shots

Interesting. Since the initial tweaking, I haven't had a single bricked shot. Moving the left pad on the left ramp inside, relocating the ramp wiring harness and stabilizing the ramp. And increasing the pitch.

Where are your bricked shots ?

#2160 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

A simple shim works, I added the fuzzy side from a Velcro circle to the top of it and the shaking is eliminated. I think the shim is 4mm tall.

3 weeks later
#2161 1 year ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

A simple shim works, I added the fuzzy side from a Velcro circle to the top of it and the shaking is eliminated. I think the shim is 4mm tall.

Thanks Tim! I will give it a go . Not my pin but I will adjust for a friend.. Thx.

#2162 1 year ago

Finally got a chance to try this pin at the PHOF in Las Vegas. The first thing I noticed was... a giant chip in the shooter lane!! It's like someone took a butcher knife to the poor thing!

The game looked pretty but I really disliked playing it. Nothing interesting, a lot of empty play field and it was a lot more like Batman in terms of play field layout than I expected.

I feel really bad Stern released this crap and was charging $15,000 for it. Yikes.

#2163 1 year ago

I love my PRE and it's not going anywhere. However my shooter lane started chipping almost immediately and needed mylar. After seeing some of the earlier playfields I felt forced to install a playfield protector. My Cliffyed penguin scoop is still chipping clear from the backside. My saucer is getting beat to hell and now the deflector is bending back and lifting the plastic piece above it. Had to rivet my Batmobile to keep it in place. My unprotected playfield and shooter lane on my KISS is solid as a rock. No offense to anyone who purchased the higher end models but I'd be sick to my stomach if spent that much cash for such little quality. Again I still find this a blast to play but I think Stern did nothing to help their reputation with this release.

#2164 1 year ago

Stern has always been hit or miss on their pins. I think it's hilarious people would spend $15k for the SLE. Stern had some balls to pull that off.

#2165 1 year ago

My impression of the game summed up in a pic. Typical new stern game reset problem. I do admit I like the interactive trough test screen.

pasted_image (resized).png

#2166 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Stern has always been hit or miss on their pins. I think it's hilarious people would spend $15k for the SLE. Stern had some balls to pull that off.

They didn't pull it off. They are still for sale.

#2167 1 year ago

Played BM66 Premium at the Pinball Expo in Banning. I had doubts.. I thought it wouldn't play that good.. but I was wrong. It was terrible. Worst modern Stern I have ever played.. Lyman has his hands full with this one, because the game is simply no fun to shoot. The spinning toy was dumb... the phone ringing was annoying.. the LCD graphics and animations seemed rushed and cheap. The ramps were not exciting to hit.

Walked over to Aerosmith Pro and had a blast- MUCH better game, better shots, the LCD had cool animations and really highlighted the move to LCD. Great game. But neither got my money and ordered an AFMr instead.

But seriously.. there's no way BM66 is a long term hit.. it just doesn't shoot well and code updates will have no effect on a game that doesn't have any satisfying shots to hit.

#2168 1 year ago
Quoted from gd2go11:

They didn't pull it off. They are still for sale.

Is this true? If so then there is some justice in the world

#2169 1 year ago

I really wanted to like this table. I was seriously considering this being my first NIB. I played multiple games on one at Pinball Wizard in NH and a bit let down. I knew the code was still in progress, but I just didn't care for the shots. Sarah has this machine lined up with other Stern machines in a row so you can move from one to the next to the next. I went back and forth between the Batman and Tron, ST, TWD, GOT, SM, and LOTR. Comparatively, Batman's shots just weren't that good and the variety of shots weren't in league with the other titles I mentioned and these are all Stern games. I thought the playfield art was well done and I see lots of potential in the new display, but at the end of the day I would still rather play one of the aforementioned games. I found the left ramp really clunky and while the turntable is a neat invention there are simply not the nice mix of long and short shots on the game that are evident in many of the other titles I mentioned. Truth be told I still was happy to come home to my 90s B/W titles. Consequentially, my first NIB will be a Dialed In LE. Based upon what I've seen I think it will shoot better.

#2170 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Played BM66 Premium at the Pinball Expo in Banning. I had doubts.. I thought it wouldn't play that good.. but I was wrong. It was terrible. Worst modern Stern I have ever played.. Lyman has his hands full with this one, because the game is simply no fun to shoot. The spinning toy was dumb... the phone ringing was annoying.. the LCD graphics and animations seemed rushed and cheap. The ramps were not exciting to hit.
Walked over to Aerosmith Pro and had a blast- MUCH better game, better shots, the LCD had cool animations and really highlighted the move to LCD. Great game. But neither got my money and ordered an AFMr instead.
But seriously.. there's no way BM66 is long term hit.. it just doesn't shoot well and code updates will have no effect on a game that doesn't have any satisfying shots to hit.

Haven't played it myself but did play TDK though it was ok, I'd have rather had Gomez re-do a better game like LotR but whatever.

My point has always been *theme* is just the garnish on the plate. I mean the game, gameplay, rules are the main dish.

I always laugh when people say xyz theme is an insta buy, like they say Jaws or SW or whatever. I think that's idiotic what if SP or TAV LE but was branded SW it still would suck.

If you made a pinball like TZ and it was theme of Costco superstore it probably would still be great if the rules were well done.

A pinball could be themed Harry Potter riding in a dinosaur eating a bacon sandwich and I wouldn't buy it just because it was a great theme.

The funny thing is people who own it especially those who dropped $15k or $10k will defend it and say it's swell and you just don't know a thing.

People still say TAV is good you just need to dial it in. TAV LE was the worst new pin I've ever played.

I owned XMLE and defended it or build it up in my mind because I was more or less stuck with it. After XMLE I'll never buy a game just because it has a good theme.

#2171 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

the phone ringing was annoying.. the LCD graphics and animations seemed rushed and cheap

I was all set to put my money down on a BM66. When my Distributor called about it, I had to say "no thank you".

I realize the LCD code can be updated, but its the 1st thing I noticed. The LCD graphic design lacks creativity.
I do really like how Stern puts all 4 player scores up at the same time, but that's about the only good thing I can say about it.
I expected something much cooler from Stern after seeing what Jersey Jack has done with the LCD , but this?
Most of the LCD video in BM66 looks like short randomly selected clips tossed and set to repeat.
Another "great" example of LCD use is "Alien". Alien is not even out yet and they have already nailed the use of the LCD.
Lots of animated graphic overlays with fun relevant themed clips that don't feel like a jerky repeating shorts like we see with the Joker in BM66. That clip of the joker turning around over and over really spoke to me saying "this entire project was rushed" .
... And why do we get all those repeating clips of Gotham's city streets or a neighborhood park?
Out of all the footage at their fingertips, was that really the best choice?

I'm sure there are lots of good things about BM66, and I keep following it to see if it gets better. I really hope it does.

#2172 1 year ago

Code can make this game better, and it probably will. I played it again at TPF on a game that had the latest 0.70 code and was able to get to the new multiball. It's a small addition, but there are obviously lots more things to be added with the minor villains.

That said, the layout is just the biggest limiting factor. They can improve code, add in new video clips, and change the callouts and music all they want. In the end, the canvas that they're painting on is rough. If this was the final state of the game, it would be in the running to be one of Stern's worst. I don't think they'll let that happen. They'll polish it as well as they can and it'll most likely end up settling someone in the middle of their efforts. Not every game can be a home run, so it's not like it's a major mark of shame to swing and miss once in a while.

#2173 1 year ago

Maybe Gomez has lost it? What was his last great game?

#2174 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe Gomez has lost it? What was his last respectable game?

Lord of the Rings. He's had a rough run with Transformers, The Avengers, and Batman '66. Batman: TDK has some fans, but I think it's pretty flawed. It's ok, but I wouldn't say it's a great game. You really do have to go back to LOTR to find something that's universally accepted as a great game.

#2175 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe Gomez has lost it? What was his last great game?

BM66

#2177 1 year ago

The code isn't close to being done as if it isn't obvious and hasn't been stated a million times

The LCD placement and use by Stern is much better than JJP and Woz, speaking of limited repeated video clips.

I love my Woz but what Stern and Heighway are doing with the LCD is just better

After several hundred plays, I'm confident This will be a great pin when it's done

#2178 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

My point has always been *theme* is just the garnish on the plate. I mean the game, gameplay, rules are the main dish.
I always laugh when people say xyz theme is an insta buy, like they say Jaws or SW or whatever. I think that's idiotic what if SP or TAV LE but was branded SW it still would suck.
If you made a pinball like TZ and it was theme of Costco superstore it probably would still be great if the rules were well done.
A pinball could be themed Harry Potter riding in a dinosaur eating a bacon sandwich and I wouldn't buy it just because it was a great theme.
The funny thing is people who own it especially those who dropped $15k or $10k will defend it and say it's swell and you just don't know a thing.
People still say TAV is good you just need to dial it in. TAV LE was the worst new pin I've ever played.
I owned XMLE and defended it or build it up in my mind because I was more or less stuck with it. After XMLE I'll never buy a game just because it has a good theme.

Different people have different values and preferences; there is no right or wrong way to be.

Not everyone wants only the best-of-the-best playing games in their collection.
There are lots of fun games out there that aren't epic.
Theme is important to most people. As someone noted, there is a reason pins go beyond whitewoods.

Judgmental crap and black & white views are easily repudiated.

#2179 1 year ago

I don't get why people like Rai can't understand that a lot of people love BM66

It's not about the $10-$15k or premium price whatever it is.

If I didn't like it I'd sell it. Get it? Fact is i and many others love it and it will only get better

And yes, THEME is a BIG deal

#2180 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Lord of the Rings. He's had a rough run with Transformers, The Avengers, and Batman '66. Batman: TDK has some fans, but I think it's pretty flawed. It's ok, but I wouldn't say it's a great game. You really do have to go back to LOTR to find something that's universally accepted as a great game.

Transformers is awesome in every category with the exception of the playfield art which just ok. Sound and shots rate a 10 imho. As for LOTR ...yea don't like it at all..living the dream with the rest of the universally challenged folk....God bless variety and free choice. actually love me some avengers also ...go figure.

#2181 1 year ago

Ok...jumping on the negative BM66 thread long enough to remind everyone that Ice is right...there are many people (including myself) that really like this theme, title, machine, whatever you want to call it.

Non satisfying shots, poor layout, plays like shit next to other machines? I call bullshit. The pin actually is more fun when you get used to the shots, and can start putting combos together w some consistency (actually experiencing the entire package). I've been playing it almost exclusively since .69, and the game, combined with the overall theme (yes theme) is quite fun. I have ass kicking pins, flowy pins, single ramp, and classics. BM66 fits right in wher I hoped it would.

When BM66LE code is completed, it won't be just a "polished the best they can...not all titles can be homeruns", it will be a classic.

Believe it or not, seeing and playing the "latest/ greatest" music themed pin doesn't do shit for me...I can't stand them.

Nice to have choices..BM66 is a great one for me..I'll take it over AM every day of the week...not even close......carry on w the negativity. Hopefully, some day, I can be as wise as some on here (pure, blatant sarcasm).

#2182 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't get why people like Rai can't understand that a lot of people love BM66
It's not about the $10-$15k or premium price whatever it is.
If I didn't like it I'd sell it. Get it? Fact is i and many others love it and it will only get better
And yes, THEME is a BIG deal

No they don't get it, and never will.

#2183 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No they don't get it, and never will.

I heard the same BS with "The Walking Dud" when it first came out. Knew it would be great when finished just like BM66

Like you said Mark, it will be another classic

Meanwhile, you and me and plenty of others will keep playing the shit out of out BM66 and loving it!

Finally getting chance to update code tonight

#2184 1 year ago

Makes sense, those who are financially invested in the machine love it and claim it's another classic are the ones who praise it.

Those who play it without any bias or financial interest in the machine explain how they really feel. Removing the emotional and financial attachment to the machine is where you read between the lines on this game. It seems everyone who didn't pre order it does not like it, and those who bought it sight unseen think it's the next best thing since sliced bread.

I am truly shocked and surprised!

#2185 1 year ago

the looping joker video is so crappy. one of the first things i would fix.
played a routed one and the batmobile was missing and the fluted ramp cover was fluttering more than ever. couldnt finish my last credit and walked away.
it does nothing for me. hope the code can save this one like prior sterns.

#2186 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Makes sense, those who are financially invested in the machine love it and claim it's another classic are the ones who praise it.
Those who play it without any bias or financial interest in the machine explain how they really feel. Removing the emotional and financial attachment to the machine is where you read between the lines on this game. It seems everyone who didn't pre order it does not like it, and those who bought it sight unseen think it's the next best thing to sliced bread.
I am truly shocked and surprised!

Or just maybe it is because those that own it actually spend more than 5 seconds playing it and don't spend the rest of the day griping about every aspect when they never got past the 1st villain. This is not limited to BM66...this is pretty much any pin. Yes, the people that own it will me more likely to stick up for it, but I disagree with putting everyone in the same can and saying they are all biased. Maybe they actually DO like playing it........

#2187 1 year ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Or just maybe it is because those that own it actually spend more than 5 seconds playing it and don't spend the rest of the day griping about every aspect when they never got past the 1st villain. This is not limited to BM66...this is pretty much any pin. Yes, the people that own it will me more likely to stick up for it, but I disagree with putting everyone in the same can and saying they are all biased. Maybe they actually DO like playing it........

I am not even a good player and progressed through many villains. It got boring so quick I literally walked away during my Ball 3 on my 3rd or 4th game. I played dozens of games at the expo I have never played and had a blast. BM66 was, in my opinion, the worst modern Stern there- and they had them all. I am sure there are people like you and Iceman that enjoy it, and that's great! Money well spent.

For the rest of us, it is just a mediocre game and our opinions reflect that. There's no comparison between BM66 and Aerosmith.

#2188 1 year ago

Played it again with the updated code and it was just as bad as I remembered.

#2189 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

For the rest of us, it is just a mediocre game and our opinions reflect that. There's no comparison between BM66 and Aerosmith.

Well I guess I will just be ever so thankful that KPG actually rated BM66 Mediocre.....I figured you were going more for dreadful cause I always set my expectations low when I come here.....lol

#2190 1 year ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Well I guess I will just be ever so thankful that KPG actually rated BM66 Mediocre.....I figured you were going more for dreadful cause I always set my expectations low when I come here.....lol

Just being honest. Keep in mind I played BM66 and Aerosmith back to back for the first time, so that had an effect as well. Unbelievable they got $15K for the SLE version of BM66. Aerosmith Pro is a great looking machine, the custom art- sounds- LCD animations- layout- etc just nailed it for that price point. Playing BM66 back to back is such a contrast, it just seemed so cheap and boring compared to Aerosmith. Why compare them both? They essentially came out at the same time.. one represents Stern very well... the other- not so much. I wish Lonnie did the code on BM66 and Lyman did the code on AS to be honest.

#2191 1 year ago

Anybody that has been on here, owned pins, played pins for any length of time knows you can't fully appreciate what a pin is or isn't on a handful of plays.

Anybody that buys a pin on here and seeks advice on a purchase its ALWAYS from people that have owned it and have significant time on the pin. Makes sense right?

Certainly wouldn't take seriously the opinion of someone who has a handful of plays on a pin, on location especially. Not that you aren't entitled to your own opinion, absolutely, but its basically of very little value to everybody else.

On the other hand there are certain guys that review a pin out of the box that are excellent players, been around a long time and actually know what they are talking about, that i would respect what they say without any sort of bias.

#2192 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Certainly wouldn't take seriously the opinion of someone who has a handful of plays on a pin, on location especially.

You're eliminating their valid opinion because you've played it more and seen the "depth"? News flash, there is no depth. You can see the whole game in about 20 minutes. I've had well over a hundred plays on it and it's as bad as anything in recent memory. It shot poorly from hour one, and the minimal software updates have not helped that. Yes, there is a little more that works now, but it's still a snore to play with clunky shots. This was bought as something special to put on a route as a "thank you" to customers, but when it came in so unfinished, there was no way we'd put it out, so it's sat at my house mostly gathering dust. KISS LE gets more play, except when new software drops and it gets a few dozen more plays to realize not much has changed from the version before. So, yeah. From the location players to people with SLEs sitting in their house being played PLENTY to know, it's a game that shoots poorly as it stands. And I don't think software can fix it. I'd love to be proven wrong, but pretty sure I'm right. We'll know in a year when 1.00 finally ships.

#2193 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

I am not even a good player and progressed through many villains. It got boring so quick I literally walked away during my Ball 3 on my 3rd or 4th game. I played dozens of games at the expo I have never played and had a blast. BM66 was, in my opinion, the worst modern Stern there- and they had them all. I am sure there are people like you and Iceman that enjoy it, and that's great! Money well spent.

The only huge issue I have with this is that this has happened to me with a LOT of games. TWD is a great example. It kind of bit. Bit after a while Lyman rubbed some magic into it. Same with MET, kind of a mediocre game that became magical with code. AC/DC, heck even Spider-Man. Star Trek, boring to wonderful. I'm not saying Lyman is going to turn BM66 into a gem, I'm saying that it is way too early to pass final judgements until it is done. I've walked away from better games.

#2194 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Anybody that has been on here, owned pins, played pins for any length of time knows you can't fully appreciate what a pin is or isn't on a handful of plays.
Anybody that buys a pin on here and seeks advice on a purchase its ALWAYS from people that have owned it and have significant time on the pin. Makes sense right?
Certainly wouldn't take seriously the opinion of someone who has a handful of plays on a pin, on location especially. Not that you aren't entitled to your own opinion, absolutely, but its basically of very little value to everybody else.
On the other hand there are certain guys that review a pin out of the box that are excellent players, been around a long time and actually know what they are talking about, that i would respect what they say without any sort of bias.

I think for the owners as you say, maybe they play it more so they can feel the nuances of the game and appreciate it more fully.

Or there can be what's known as Stockholm Syndrome where a captive (owner) has positive feelings towards their captors (the pinball machine). What I am saying is that the owner spend money on the pin, and so he begins to warm to it over time.

I did own XMLE and people were craping on it, but I always was there with a kind word such as it was nice looking and it wasn't *that* bad.

My feeling towards XMLE was clouded by owning the pin. I had XMLE and Tron side by side and owned them at the same time (I bought Tron 2-3 months after XMLE). I gave XMLE a hundred chances, I began to like it somewhat, it's not bad. But if I was an outside observer I would have said it was not really that great. XMLE was not half as good as Tron.

I agree game like TWD went from zero to hero in a year, but there is no guarantee that every game will be saved in time. I mean look at TAV LE the pin is just not fun to shoot. It's not a great layout period.

#2195 1 year ago

It's a whole lot about the nuances of the game right?

I bagged on XMENLE too because I didn't like it based on the handful of plays I had. Hated the large Wolvie head and left side of the PF

There are plenty of people that own it and swear by it. I defer to them. Doesn't mean I'll buy because THEME is big and I don't like the theme

Are you playing a finished BM66 Vireland? Because the rest of us don't seem to have one?

I love the shots and see the potential. You don't I guess. I wouldn't bet against Lyman

But if you really think it will continue to suck why not sell it now?

#2196 1 year ago

That's my problem w "the experts" (or "rest of us" as they like to be called). State your opinion...move on. I like the game...could give a shit about anyone else's opinion. If you bought one (yes bought it) and dont like it...sell it. If you've dropped some quarters in...save your money and play something else.

Same shit comes up w every new title...good news for the experts...there's only 240 LE's, 80 SLE's out there to ruin the pinball world for you. And based on your insight, I think the premiums might actually implode, as they are so embarrassed of how crappy they play.

Get over yourselves...go bitch about the code not dropping or being shitty some more (oh wait..they already do that)....whew..we are doomed...

#2197 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are you playing a finished BM66 Vireland? Because the rest of us don't seem to have one?

Are you defending a finished BM'66? Then why put down other perfectly valid and on-target criticisms because those people only played it on location or at a show? There's almost nothing to the game as it sits. A handful of plays on location is PLENTY to form a reasonable opinion.

The game shoots poorly. Period. Look at my history. I've owned a LOT of pins (too many, really), so this assessment isn't pulled out of my butt. Software will not fix that. It may make it less glaringly obvious, but it will not change the geometry of the game.

But that's my opinion. The theme isn't enough for me to forgive the terrible, clunky shots. But maybe software can eventually smooth that over. We won't know for about a year, at least. Until then, I'm living in the here and now where BM'66 sucks.

(And the only reason I jumped back in is too many "you can't understand the awesomeness of the game because you only played it a few times" posts, which simply is not the case.)

#2198 1 year ago

I got to play it and it was fun. Code is def lacking but that be fixed with time.

#2199 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's my problem w "the experts" (or "rest of us" as they like to be called). State your opinion...move on. I like the game...could give a shit about anyone else's opinion. If you bought one (yes bought it) and dont like it...sell it. If you've dropped some quarters in...save your money and play something else.
Same shit comes up w every new title...good news for the experts...there's only 240 LE's, 80 SLE's out there to ruin the pinball world for you. And based on your insight, I think the premiums might actually implode, as they are so embarrassed of how crappy they play.
Get over yourselves...go bitch about the code not dropping or being shitty some more (oh wait..they already do that)....whew..we are doomed...

Dude, chill out. This is a thread for posting impressions on the game. This isn't the club thread. People are here to say what they think about the game based on what they've experienced. If you're sensitive to feedback, hang out in the club thread where it's going to be owners and fans posting about it. All impression threads are going to be a pretty big mix of opinions, ranging from extreme dislike to complete satisfaction. While you don't like reading negative opinions and you're sick of hearing them, people are still going to have them.

Also, running to white knight the game won't change an opinion, it just irritates people who are giving opinions. Let them have their say. This is the place to do that. This is exactly why the thread exists.

It's also problematic that people lean on the "oh, you don't get it" or "you haven't had enough experience" to refute an opinion. How do you know how much time someone has on a game? Heck, I've played newer code than Iceman44 has, but he's talking about people not having enough time on the game to form an opinion. It's all just crazy.

For many of us, the shot geometry on Batman '66 is bad. That's not going to change with more time, because code won't change that. It didn't for Avengers, and it won't for this. Sometimes a layout is a miss, it happens.

#2200 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I did own XMLE and people were craping on it, but I always was there with a kind word such as it was nice looking and it wasn't *that* bad.

I dropped big coin on XMLE NIB and was disappointed with it pretty much the whole time I owned it, so no Stockholm Syndrome on owned games here. Though, I agree that it was a beautiful game and I liked everything except game play. I'm not happy with the progress of BM66 at this point, but not nearly to the level I was with XMLE the whole time I owned it. I'm still open minded that BM66 will be more enjoyable with better code. If it doesn't improve, I'll sell it and eat a loss like I have on other games such as XMLE. For some owners, it's as simple as that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Topeka, KS
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 13.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside