IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 47.
#1 7 years ago

I hope you guys spent your $15k wisely... I'm not impressed.

See link:

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/stern+pinball/keywords_top

#2 7 years ago

Reading the comments on Facebook it seems like everyone is impressed except you!

#3 7 years ago

I thought it looked boring, not much happening on the play field, oh wow, look at that disc thing that spins and that crane I've seen before. There was no wow factor or anything remotely exciting looking in that video.

The artwork is just a subpar photoshop collage of pre-existing stock imagery or images lifted from video clips. That revolutionary new screen in the back box just recycles clips of the old batman tv series. Wow, how innovative.

I'm definitely not the slightest bit impressed with BM66, I think the GB package was done much, much better with better play field art that actually took some talent to put together. Even the gameplay was way more exciting in that one. BM66 is clearly just a money grab since most people old enough to appreciate that game probably have the money to waste on it so they can relive a small part of their childhood.

Quoted from teekee:

Reading the comments on Facebook it seems like everyone is impressed except you!

That's because Stern only allows positive feedback on their FaceBook page or you get banned.

#4 7 years ago

I think I would rather watch paint dry than play this hunk of cheap plastic toys.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I think I would rather watch paint dry than play this hunk of cheap plastic toys.

Watching paint dry doesn't have to be boring...

#6 7 years ago

I don't think anyone can make a good judgement from a facebook video, this place is so biased anyway if you own it you'll probably say its great and if you dont own it you'll probably not be impressed, who knows its so hard to weed out the real reviews. They talk about the epidemic of fake news well we can talk about the epidemic of fake reviews and opinions here on pinside, lol and no I don't own this thing and won't own one. To expensive for me!

#7 7 years ago

I paid 3995 for BDK NIB....... It was a turd !!!! Im definatly not going to buy the corny, rehash version batman for 8500 and up

#8 7 years ago

If you like the game you buy it , if you don't like it don't buy it . You shouldn't bash a game because you don't like it. We are all in this hobby together. Merry Christmas

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

That's because Stern only allows positive feedback on their FaceBook page or you get banned.

Very smart... that's the way I would handle it!

#10 7 years ago
#11 7 years ago

sneak peak makes it appear pretty dull. Whole right side feels rehash. Whole left side feels pretty meh. I had hopes for the spinning thing but it does not look fun to hit and you can tell that is where the whole BOM went on this one.

I will of course wait to pass judgement till I actually play the game (assuming I will see one at a show at some point, but not going to even go seek it out)

#12 7 years ago

I'd like to play it. Rehashed toys don't bother me because I don't have a BDK, not even sure if I've ever seen one. If I was a millionaire, I might take a chance and buy it based on the video. But alas I'm only a hundredaire.

#13 7 years ago

looks great to me

#14 7 years ago

It's pretty bare bones in the teaser video but still looks awesome. Can't wait to see full gameplay next week. Bought the Pre so only spent about half the $15k for the same results.

#15 7 years ago

If you like the game you buy it , if you don't like it don't buy it . You shouldn't bash a game because you don't like it. We are all in this hobby together. Merry Christmas

Seriously ........ this is an open forum where we talk about pinball. WTF. If I think a game sux I'll call it that way. People make there own opinions based upon past experience.

Use your own judgment , but I'll be dambed if I can't state my mine

Not everything is peachs and cream dude.

BDK stinks and by the video 66 looks like more of the same

#16 7 years ago

I don't think the video did it any favors. My concern with BM66 was always the mediocre game it was born from. BM66 is a beautiful game, but play looks much like TKD II (not a good thing). Hopefully we'll get a better perspective when guys start receiving their games next week.

Updside though... I really like Stern's LCD implementation and that match screen was killer.

#17 7 years ago

What makes you think games will start arriving next week??My distro thinks late Feb.for my LE!! And they say,the PRes will be first,so who really knows!!!???

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I don't think the video did it any favors. My concern with BM66 was always the mediocre game it was born from. BM66 is a beautiful game, but play looks much like TKD II (not a good thing). Hopefully we'll get a better perspective when guys start receiving their games next week.
Updside though... I really like Stern's LCD implementation and that match screen was killer.

I agree 100% with this..... 66 is a BDK with a makeover. Production run on BDK was was terrible , why because people didnt by them !!!.

I am a huge Stern fan, that being said Im not a cheer leader and not every titles a home run .

#19 7 years ago

When a game has almost entirely long shots, it's really hard to judge from a video, especially one that is as poorly shot as the one Stern released. This one will have to be played before any sort of meaningful evaluation can be given. I've seen people play Ghostbusters on video and it's a nightmare watching them brick shots and take avoidable drains. Now, Lyman is a great player, but again, the camera never stops moving around, the lighting is bad, and it cuts away too often to show any real flow. Maybe it's to disguise that not much is happening with code, maybe it's just actually meant to "tease" and not show anything aside from a peek.

Those long shots interest me. I like longer and narrow shots in pinball, but I know they can be frustrating for others.

The LCD looks to be a perfect size, but I REALLY hope that there are going to be some custom animations (beyond text). I am not a fan of the clip show treatment. We're losing an aspect of pinball art that can't be replaced by video loops with the loss of dot art. Custom animations could ease the sting of that loss to some degree.

But overall, you can't tell much from this sort of video. Jack Danger's stream will go a long way towards firming up opinions. He's a solid player, and the camera setup will be ideal. I will most likely get my first hands on with the game in the next month or so.

#20 7 years ago

My money is safe.

#21 7 years ago

Videos can be deceiving, like Careless Whisper. Wasn't George Michael making out with chicks in that video...? I just wanted to get that song stuck in everyone's head

BDK wasn't great, but at least the artwork is much brighter and more appealing on this "version." I'll have to play it, but also won't be seeking it out as Whysnow said.

And the price is the price, which I still don't like...especially for pretty much a rethemed BDK for more than twice the price. I think for this one, IMO, they should have created a whole new layout. Don't really like that keeping with that custom all of a sudden...like Spiderman to Spidey VE. On that note, had to repost this from the other BM66 thread simply because I laugh my ass off every time I look at it.

Batman (resized).jpgBatman (resized).jpg

#22 7 years ago

But at least SMVE was conceived from a fantastic game. Anyone every hear the saying ...... you can polish a turd but its still just a pile of crap

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Stern only allows positive feedback on their FaceBook page or you get banned.

As does JJP

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

What makes you think games will start arriving next week??My distro thinks late Feb.for my LE!! And they say,the PRes will be first,so who really knows!!!???

Read it in the big BM66 thread. Several people saying they've been informed next week. I have no inside info.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

But at least SMVE was conceived from a fantastic game. Anyone every hear the saying ...... you can polish a turd but its still just a pile of crap

I think BDK is pretty underrated. Not an all-time great, but underrated for sure.

#26 7 years ago

The two habit trails taking place of the teeter totter and mini playfield will be a big help. It's just such an uninspired playfield that was mediocre at best. The crane was the best feature to me

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I think BDK is pretty underrated. Not an all-time great, but underrated for sure.

The Batman 66 video made the game look slow and uninteresting. I wasn't impressed by the LCD. Maybe in 3 years when the code is finished It will be better. I can see why they didn't want anyone to play it at Expo.

#28 7 years ago

I'm shocked some of you can make a final determination based on a 3 minute video clip. Wait, no I'm not, this is Pinside.

The Danger stream should be fun to watch and revealing.

What the 3 minute video did do is give us a glimpse how cool the LCD and its implementation will be.

As usual, and just like my GBLE, I'll wait until I get to play it a few hundred times to really judge it. In Lyman I trust.

So far, I think my $$$ is well spent.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I shocked some of you can make a final determination based on a 3 minute video clip. Wait, no I'm not, this is Pinside.
The Danger stream should be fun to watch and revealing.
What the 3 minute video did do is give us a glimpse how cool the LCD and its implementation will be.
As usual, and just like my GBLE, I'll wait until I get to play it a few hundred times to really judge it. In Lyman I trust.
So far, I think my $$$ is well spent.

Hopefully you won't have any playfield clear coat issues.

#30 7 years ago

OK.

Not a home run, unless you are a fan.

The only thing I dont like about the Music, is it is more background, than pulling you in and an adrenaline rush.
TWD, MET, AC/DC even GB, IMO, does the music better.

Its a Stunning Game, and those that are happy, Congratulations!

For me, even as A 6 year old in 66, and a Bat Fan, Ill wait.

So Expo has left me with..... A Wait for a used Dialed-In, and Batman, and Leaning towards Alien.

What a believe for sure, maybe just for me, is that Wait and Play.......No longer believe there is a Rush, or Urgency to get NIB.

Batman Fans.....I hope its all you want! Enjoy!

#31 7 years ago

The sound effects and chimes sound exactly like the slot machines! Having just played the slots in vegas, its instantly recognizable...

#32 7 years ago

I think it looks really good. The LCD is really nice. The game looks decent but I think the music would put me to sleep. I can see some of it getting very monotonous. Even if I had $15k burning a hole in my pocket and I just needed to get rid of it, I would not be buying this game. However, I would have no reservations about playing it any chance I get. Maybe someone later can change up some calls outs, better music and add some Mayor Adam West calls from FG. That would add some much needed sound life.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

uninspired playfield that was mediocre at best

It's a complete spitball job....they tried to save money again. This time on development costs. The PF layout in a word sucks. 2 ramps close to each other, a turn table that will serve nicely as a wall for the STDMs. Not to mention that music....man, WTF are your thinking putting on that Beatnik Jazz? I can understand if you want to use it as an attract music, match music etc but the background music during normal play should have just been the Batman opening theme or something exciting and catchy. Nope much easier to stuff it with the show's track....just cut and paste. Sigh..but they're still buying it. What are ya gonna do.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Hopefully you won't have any playfield clear coat issues.

Me too. I'm happy with my GBLE.

This one is getting the extra special 30th anniversary coat

#35 7 years ago

The images on the new screen look to just be movie clips with words added. Nothing proprietary to the game so far

#36 7 years ago

I understand the play field insert inspection dude will plug in the light all day this time vs just after lunch.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

The images on the new screen look to just be movie clips with words added. Nothing proprietary to the game so far

I don't think anything would be done proprietary for this pin or the slots other than custom artwork. This is an old show .

#38 7 years ago

How will they impliment the crane ?

#39 7 years ago

I was a fan of the sneak peak...sure, the music wasn't your typical pin attract music, but it fit the theme perfectly...tunes from the series. I'm an old school batman fan, so maybe I'm biased. I got to the party too late, so I wasn't in on either the sle or the LE, but I still tried to get in on it! As long as stern can keep ahead of the rules curve and provide timely updates, I think it'll be a great machine.

#40 7 years ago

bm (resized).jpgbm (resized).jpg

#41 7 years ago

I'll let you know next week after I get my game.

IMO, this could be another Star Trek all over again. Hate hate hate, then when the game comes out and the code becomes good, then it's love love love.

#42 7 years ago

I have no idea. I haven't played it yet.

#43 7 years ago

What's your impression? How can you have one until you actually see and play the damn thing? Whatever.... I'll let you know after mine arrives and I play it....ALOT!!!! From what I saw in person, theme, who's coding, etc., I'm excited to have one coming.

Public forum, open for all comments and opinions......how much it affects my buying decision....ZERO!!! bash or praise away.....

#44 7 years ago

Was there a single voice sample in the entire video? I think one of the things that made this vid seem odd was the entire lack of voice (custom or from the series).

The high score and match screens seemed well done, the rest... who am I to judge .

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

OK.
Not a home run, unless you are a fan.
The only thing I dont like about the Music, is it is more background, than pulling you in and an adrenaline rush.
TWD, MET, AC/DC even GB, IMO, does the music better.
Its a Stunning Game, and those that are happy, Congratulations!
For me, even as A 6 year old in 66, and a Bat Fan, Ill wait.
So Expo has left me with..... A Wait for a used Dialed-In, and Batman, and Leaning towards Alien.
What a believe for sure, maybe just for me, is that Wait and Play.......No longer believe there is a Rush, or Urgency to get NIB.
Batman Fans.....I hope its all you want! Enjoy!

Hey, I was 6 in '66....does that make me an old pinball guy too????

#46 7 years ago

I though ghostbusters would be amazing the. I played it and was very underwhelmed and disappointed. Same goes for dialed in the toys on that game are very blah; like the hobbit much better. To me batman 66 looks promising and the center turntable looks great but wouldn't be able to tell till I play it. There is no way you can judge the game from this one video

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Was there a single voice sample in the entire video? I think one of the things that made this vid seem odd was the entire lack of voice (custom or from the series).
The high score and match screens seemed well done, the rest... who am I to judge .

Only callouts I heard were the narrator at the beginning and Alfred answering the phone. Also heard Jody telling lyman to hit things every now and then.

#48 7 years ago

regardless of how well it may play, the price is frigging insane.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from dzmechanical:

So you can say you like something, but others can't say they don't. That sounds bias.

#50 7 years ago

Just watched the video. The amateur camera work combined with the confusing editing forced me to turn it off as it was too confusing to follow any of what was going on. My guess? The software kept having issues and SDTM drains forced them to add cuts. It was great seeing all the bricked shots.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.