20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 47.
#1251 7 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

EP's - 18,16,20,11
Gadgets - 8,9,10,12,13,14,11,22,23,17,19,21
Thank you.

Problem is I'm not sure anyone here knows which numbers Stern assigned to which gadgets. Batmobile is #1. I'm guessing the lower the nummber the "sexier" the gadget, but that's a great list of numbers to choose from. I would just pick your favorite number from that list.

And I would pick a Gadget unless you like the title on one of those episodes. The episode plaque artwork doesn't fit the game well, IMHO.

My choice was "LE or Premium"?

#1252 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Notice that batman's pole is bigger than robins.

#1253 7 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

EP's - 18,16,20,11
Gadgets - 8,9,10,12,13,14,11,22,23,17,19,21
Thank you.

Episode 11 = riddler
Episode 16 = joker
Episode 18 = false face
Episode 20 = catwoman

#1254 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Episode 11 = riddler
Episode 16 = joker
Episode 18 = false face
Episode 20 = catwoman

Brilliant thanks for very much for that pal!

#1255 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Episode 11 = riddler
Episode 16 = joker
Episode 18 = false face
Episode 20 = catwoman

I was hoping to get a Catwoman episode if I got an episode (or "Enter Batgirl!"), but I'm happy I got a gadget.

#1256 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I was hoping to get a Catwoman episode if I got an episode (or "Enter Batgirl!"), but I'm happy I got a gadget.

If I get a catwoman episode i'll trade with ya.

With my luck ill get lola lasagna, nora clavicle, minerva, or liberace as an episode villain.

#1257 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Notice that batman's pole is bigger than robins. Its like that on the game to.

Ok this thread just got really weird!

#1258 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok this thread just got really weird!

One of the jokes you didnt see as a kid but appreciate as an adult. There a lot of these I missed but have since discovered since rewatching the recent bluray release.

#1259 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

One of the jokes you didnt see as a kid but appreciate as an adult. There a lot of these I missed but have since discovered since rewatching the recent bluray release.

Holy homo-erotica Batman!

#1260 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Daaaam! You've got some serious moon craters there. From what I can see, your playfield seems far outside the mainstream for dimpling. Mine doesn't look anything like that, but I'm going to do a close examination of it before I play again.

Alrghty, I got some pics of the TWD LE on route I was talking about earlier in the thread - now, if anyone tells me these are going to smooth out over time ...ain't gonna happen!

image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1261 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Alrghty, I got some pics of the TWD LE on routr I was talking about earlier in the thread - now, if anyone tells me these are going to smooth out over time ...ain't gonna happen!

That's probably as "smooth" as it's gonna get. Now the question: Is the wood that much softer than say, AFM (I have one with a good amount of plays and it has "smoothed" down into more of an elegant subtle orange peel look) or is because of the brutal power of Stern's flippers?

These flippers have to throw the ball hard to make it up those large ramps so at standard power they have a lot of kick. On mine I set the power down and it still makes it up the ramp fine but I doubt if it will make much of a difference in beating up the PF. It's a shame as when I got the game it was mirror smooth. Really hated to play it if you know what I mean.

This will be GB's fate too as it needs a lot of oomph to make it up the steep ramp in the back.

Speaking of dimples... Stern must test the machine by firing it up using the test menu as there was NO evidence a ball ever traveled on that TWD field... even a quick run through hitting the prison or well walker would show at least a *tiny* dimple. Absolutely *none* when I got the machine. I doubt if they would have time to roll a ball on each machine before they ship it anyways...

So we're probably lucky these play as good as they do right out of the box.

#1262 7 years ago

I really dont feel dimpling or even crazing is an issue. Would I like a PF that looks like glass...... Yes . But then I might as well just wax and not play any of my games, As long as there not wearing, chipping, and delaminating I am totally fine with it.

Never had a buyer say, " knock 500 off as that PF is dimpling ". I would tell them go pound sand

#1263 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I really dont feel dimpling or even crazing i an issue. Would I like a PF that looks like glass...... Yes . But then I might as well just wax and not play any of my games, As long as there not wearing, chipping, and delaminating I am totally fine with it.
Never had a buyer say, " knock 500 off as that PF is dimpling ". I would tell them go pound sand

I have games with 1000's of plays that look like glass. I had an Elvis with 40,000 plays that cleaned up and looked brand new. Around the time X-Men came out, we started seeing some "softer playfields". Not all of them, but some. When a playfield looks like the one I posted - it's not "normal". This game was next to a GB and an IJ4 that that looked pretty smooth and glassy in comparison.

Quoted from Manic:

because of the brutal power of Stern's flippers?

Funny - people used to complain that Stern's flippers were weak lol. No, flippers have nothing to do with this. TWD is a SAM game...same flipper strength since World Poker Tour. The Spike Ghostbusters near it with airballs all over the place had a smooth playfield.

That's my point - if you get a moon crater playfield, it's just a luck of the draw shitty one ...soft wood, I guess? It is what it is - and if I had an expensive LE that looked like this, I'd request a new playfield.

#1264 7 years ago

Ive seen new cars, same make and same model. One with orange peel and one smooth as glass. Just the way it is.

I also think your forgetting about many of the old playfields having the planking look to them. Have not seen a new one look like that in eons.

#1265 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Ive seen new cars, same make and same model. One with orange peel and one smooth as glass. Just the way it is.
I also think your forgetting about many of the old playfields having the planking look to them. Have not seen a new one look like that in eons.

I remember those. I hated that "ribbed" look - but again, it was a crapshoot if you got a smooth or ribbed playfield. Just like today with a "hard" or "soft" playfield.

#1266 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You don't see the justification over previous titles? Really?
Hint:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I see plenty of justification, I brought an LE and at the moment pretty pissed a George for over promising and under delivering again, if its easy to promise something multiple times, surely its just as easy to say its going to be later than I said sorry guys instead of promising another date and missing that. But regardless of cost you cant just go its lame cause it cost more, you like to make your feelings clear about GB but at least you say why which makes it a readable, if you just said it sucks every post and nothing else that's would be boring and trolling, oh and some of those GBLEs where selling for 10k

#1267 7 years ago

Why not just order the batgirl decals and apply them! Problem solved!

#1268 7 years ago

Why can't Stern just use pressure treated wood for their play fields?

#1269 7 years ago

One thing I noticed right off on B'66 is there are a TON of compression artifacts in the animated video from the original series. It's pretty clear they're just playing video clips. However, the animation is so sparse and infrequent, they would be WAY better off just displaying the art cut from the original uncompressed (or, well, much LESS compressed) source frames and using a simple animation system to move them when necessary. This would eliminate compression artifacts completely, shrink the amount of storage/memory required substantially, and make much better looking animation at a pretty small cost, labor-wise.

And, actually, the simple animation system could be re-used and expanded for future titles, since they're going to be running into this problem again on future LCD-based titles. Seems like a no-brainer.

#1270 7 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Why not just order the batgirl decals and apply them! Problem solved!<

Because stem will not sell you LE decals unless you have an LE pin.

#1271 7 years ago

Ya know whats really fkd up...... They finally are starting to get some faith back in their customers after the whole playfield debacle. Now they go and charge huge money and make promise's that dont hold water.

Quoted from J85M:

I see plenty of justification, I brought an LE and at the moment pretty pissed a George for over promising and under delivering again, if its easy to promise something multiple times, surely its just as easy to say its going to be later than I said sorry guys instead of promising another date and missing that.

Im sure George works for comp sales.

#1272 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Alrghty, I got some pics of the TWD LE on route I was talking about earlier in the thread - now, if anyone tells me these are going to smooth out over time ...ain't gonna happen!

Holy dimpling Robin!

There sure is a difference in some of these games.

Here is my TWD - built around August 2015.

Can't even see a dimple and no, they haven't all evened out before anyone asks.....

IMG_0720 (resized).JPGIMG_0720 (resized).JPG

#1273 7 years ago

I like it.

#1274 7 years ago

You like dimples?

#1275 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

One thing I noticed right off on B'66 is there are a TON of compression artifacts in the animated video from the original series. It's pretty clear they're just playing video clips. However, the animation is so sparse and infrequent, they would be WAY better off just displaying the art cut from the original uncompressed (or, well, much LESS compressed) source frames and using a simple animation system to move them when necessary. This would eliminate compression artifacts completely, shrink the amount of storage/memory required substantially, and make much better looking animation at a pretty small cost, labor-wise.
And, actually, the simple animation system could be re-used and expanded for future titles, since they're going to be running into this problem again on future LCD-based titles. Seems like a no-brainer.

I don't know the specs of Spike 2, but I wonder if compression is necessary to avoid any sort of lag for those clips. I would be shocked if that was an actual issue with solid state media, but I don't know for sure. Maybe down the line those assets can be updated to be higher res. Could storage space be an issue as well?

#1276 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I don't know the specs of Spike 2, but I wonder if compression is necessary to avoid any sort of lag for those clips. I would be shocked if that was an actual issue with solid state media, but I don't know for sure. Maybe down the line those assets can be updated to be higher res. Could storage space be an issue as well?

A brand new system designed and built when, 2016? Storage space and compression should be a none issue in this day and age, I can play and store dozens of feature length HD movies on my cell phone, no excuses for any of those issues on Spike 2.

#1277 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's pretty clear they're just playing video clips. However, the animation is so sparse and infrequent, they would be WAY better off just displaying the art cut from the original uncompressed (or, well, much LESS compressed) source frames and using a simple animation system to move them when necessary.

Video is nothing more that a series of frames playing back - Its all 'animated' - the thing you seem to be proposing is less frames playing back per second, which would simply result in a jerky effect. All digital video is 'compressed' (IE nothing you ever watch is truly uncompressed) to some degree and its all a cost/benefit analysis of performance vs quality. Batman '66 is not just running video clips, they are running video clips that are being served up randomly accessed and with images composited over them on the fly. This all takes horsepower and its a process that will probably be improved over time - if not on this pin, then over the life of this system.

EDIT: In re-reading your post, you seem to actually be addressing the graphic overlays - there is no separating those, they have to be composited onto the video for final output. Thats just how things work - you end up with one final video image/stream thats piped onto the display and its all a part of the same level of compression.

#1278 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You like dimples?

where's vid when you need him?

#1279 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Only the scenes with solid blocks of color show the compression artifacts...all the live action stuff looks perfect. I wonder why that is...but wouldn't be surprised if that's something they can fix.

#1280 7 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

Video is nothing more that a series of frames playing back - Its all 'animated' - the thing you seem to be proposing is less frames playing back per second, which would simply result in a jerky effect. All digital video is 'compressed' (IE nothing you ever watch is truly uncompressed) to some degree and its all a cost/benefit analysis of performance vs quality. Batman '66 is not just running video clips, they are running video clips that are being served up randomly accessed and with images composited over them on the fly. This all takes horsepower and its a process that will probably be improved over time - if not on this pin, then over the life of this system.
EDIT: In re-reading your post, you seem to actually be addressing the graphic overlays - there is no separating those, they have to be composited onto the video for final output. Thats just how things work - you end up with one final video image/stream thats piped onto the display and its all a part of the same level of compression.

You don't know what you're talking about. What I was talking about would result in NO compression artifacts. The VRAM isn't "compressed" to display on the screen. You send it what you send it what hits your screen is, by definition, uncompressed. The only way you get motion compression artifacts is if you're playing heavily compressed video. And, if you're doing the simple animation manually, the graphics look sharp and move crisply (as long as you pay attention to the refresh rate of the target display), I mean, think about it - this is the way all 2D games were done! Right now there's a swamp of compression artifacting in the background of the video introducing Batman and Robin. There is NO animation in that background - none. So, it would be much better to have a solid, non-animated background, and then manually put the non-animated graphics of batman and then Robin over it.

As a bonus, that approach would take of a tiny fraction of the amount of storage the video is taking up now. Animation systems have been used for decades to get around the poor video quality and storage requirements of animation on systems with low specs. We did a game on SEGA CD, a system that had tons of TERRIBLE compressed video and lower specs than Spike 2, that used an animation system instead of compressed video and the results were the best ever released on SEGA CD. It can be done, and that's the approach Stern should be taking instead of the video clip approach when the animation is simple like it is for Batman.

#1281 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You don't know what you're talking about. What I was talking about would result in NO compression artifacts. The VRAM isn't "compressed" to display on the screen. You send it what you send it what hits your screen is, by definition, uncompressed. The only way you get motion compression artifacts is if you're playing heavily compressed video. And, if you're doing the simple animation manually, the graphics look sharp and move crisply (as long as you pay attention to the refresh rate of the target display). Right now there's a swamp of compression artifacting in the background of the video introducing Batman and Robin. There is NO animation in that background - none. So, it would be much better to have a solid, non-animated background, and then manually put the non-animated graphics of batman and then Robin over it.
As a bonus, that approach would take of a tiny fraction of the amount of storage the video is taking up now. Animation systems have been used for decades to get around the poor video quality and storage requirements of animation on systems with low specs. We did a game on SEGA CD, a system that had tons of TERRIBLE compressed video and lower specs than Spike 2, that used an animation system instead of compressed video and the results were the best ever released on SEGA CD. It can be done, and that's the approach Stern should be taking instead of the video clip approach when the animation is simple like it is for Batman.

I vote for Stern to hire you to implement this process. Unless they read these forums for ideas?

#1282 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I vote for Stern to hire you to implement this process. Unless they read these forums for ideas?

I'm not moving to Chicago. Love the food, not so hot on the "murder capital of the US" thing. Besides I have a job in games already.

I would, however, see about helping them develop a simple animation system for their toolbox. But I don't think they're looking for outside contractors.

#1283 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Dunno the specs of Spike 2, but I would bet on storage limits, not bandwidth as the reason for the compression.

#1285 7 years ago

HOLY NEW BATCODE!

V0.65 - January 11, 2017
========================

- Added/implemented new Joker standup target switch.
- Added Penguin crane lamp to the background lamp effect for the
penguin mode.
- Changed the priority of the background lamp effect for the fire button
so certain effects (HSTD initials, etc.) will be displayed.
- Fixed Catwoman speech; changed the Joker explosion.
- Added video/effects for major villains.
- Fixed issues with the major villain modes (one player's work
affecting another's).
- Increased replay and high score defaults.
- Fixed a bug in the Penguin mode that was causing state to be carried
over from player to player.
- Added sounds and speech.
- Fixed initialization of major villain advance.
- Added settings so it is not so difficult to restart the major villain
modes after failing to answer the Batphone.
- Disabled some background lamp effects for the turntable when the
turntable is in a different position and the shots cannot be reached.
- Disabled the Batmobile spinner switches so they do not register unless
the Batmobile spinner is facing the player.
- Improved ball handling for the turntable lock.
- Smoothed player transition animations.
- Fixed a bug where the player 4 score is highlighted at start of a new
4 player game after completion of a prior 4 player game.
- Tweaked position of 2 player scores to avoid line of background color
showing through at bottom.
- Added frame label to one player layout.
- Fixed an issue where the text bubble for the Batphone hurry-up award
was staying on the screen forever (or at least until the next batphone
hurry-up award).
- Fixed some issues with holding the ball in the kickout for super
jackpot.
- Lowered the scoring for the Batmobile spinner.
- Added villains captured display effects.
- Lane change no longer allowed for skill shot.
- Added turntable lock post test.
- Added settings for number of shots needed to light the super jackpot
for the major villains.
- Added grace period lamps for the Joker mode. Fixed an issue where a
Joker primary shot was not resetting the shot move timer, so, depending
on when the move shot was made, the next move would happen too quickly.
- Put background display effects in for minor villains and multiball.
- Added support for additional score frame backgrounds.
- Added ability to set text color in text bubbles.
- Added custom text bubble colors for each villain mode.
- Added villain vision effects for Batphone hurry-up.
- Added lamp effect for the Batcave targets.
- Updated and refined minor villain select.
- Added Batmobile spinner lamp effect.
- Fixed the gadget button lamp background to only blink when a gadget can
be applied.
- Added some speech to skill shot.
- Added light shows for major villains.
- Mystery lit when the bottom lanes are completed.
- Fixed issues with turntable awards during the major villain modes (some
were not scoring).
- The match effect was not quieting the music and sound. This has been
corrected.
- Start button press w/ no credits effects (sounds) now allowed after
power-up.
- Reworked Batphone hurry-up scoring.
- Reworked the infrastructure for the villain vision background display
effects.
- Cleaned up Batphone hurry-up so timers will be held.
- Reorganized the Batphone hurry-up start to take less time so it doesn't
tie up the display for such a long time at end of ball or when mystery
and/or minor villain select is trying to run.
- Removed extra gadget button dispatch that was causing double gadgets
to be applied.
- Fixed extra ball so that it lights correctly.
- Playfield multiplier from atomic pile has been changed to only be
awarded if the atomic pile is lit.
- Adjusted background lamp effect priorities so the background lamp
effect for the combos runs on top of the modes.
- Combo shot was not being awarded from the Penguin VUK. This has been
corrected.
- Updated score frame for playfield multiplier status.
- Added adjustment check for major villain mode super jackpot award using
the gadget button (default=NO).

V0.57 - December 15, 2016
=========================

- Initial version.

#1286 7 years ago

HOLY NEW BATCODE!
V0.65 - January 11, 2017
========================
- Added/implemented new Joker standup target switch.
- Added Penguin crane lamp to the background lamp effect for the
penguin mode.
- Changed the priority of the background lamp effect for the fire button
so certain effects (HSTD initials, etc.) will be displayed.
- Fixed Catwoman speech; changed the Joker explosion.
- Added video/effects for major villains.
- Fixed issues with the major villain modes (one player's work
affecting another's).
- Increased replay and high score defaults.
- Fixed a bug in the Penguin mode that was causing state to be carried
over from player to player.
- Added sounds and speech.
- Fixed initialization of major villain advance.
- Added settings so it is not so difficult to restart the major villain
modes after failing to answer the Batphone.
- Disabled some background lamp effects for the turntable when the
turntable is in a different position and the shots cannot be reached.
- Disabled the Batmobile spinner switches so they do not register unless
the Batmobile spinner is facing the player.
- Improved ball handling for the turntable lock.
- Smoothed player transition animations.
- Fixed a bug where the player 4 score is highlighted at start of a new
4 player game after completion of a prior 4 player game.
- Tweaked position of 2 player scores to avoid line of background color
showing through at bottom.
- Added frame label to one player layout.
- Fixed an issue where the text bubble for the Batphone hurry-up award
was staying on the screen forever (or at least until the next batphone
hurry-up award).
- Fixed some issues with holding the ball in the kickout for super
jackpot.
- Lowered the scoring for the Batmobile spinner.
- Added villains captured display effects.
- Lane change no longer allowed for skill shot.
- Added turntable lock post test.
- Added settings for number of shots needed to light the super jackpot
for the major villains.
- Added grace period lamps for the Joker mode. Fixed an issue where a
Joker primary shot was not resetting the shot move timer, so, depending
on when the move shot was made, the next move would happen too quickly.
- Put background display effects in for minor villains and multiball.
- Added support for additional score frame backgrounds.
- Added custom text bubble colors for each villain mode.
- Added villain vision effects for Batphone hurry-up.
- Added lamp effect for the Batcave targets.
- Updated and refined minor villain select.
- Added Batmobile spinner lamp effect.
- Fixed the gadget button lamp background to only blink when a gadget can
be applied.
- Added some speech to skill shot.
- Added light shows for major villains.
- Mystery lit when the bottom lanes are completed.
- Fixed issues with turntable awards during the major villain modes (some
were not scoring).
- The match effect was not quieting the music and sound. This has been
corrected.
- Start button press w/ no credits effects (sounds) now allowed after
power-up.
- Reworked Batphone hurry-up scoring.
- Reworked the infrastructure for the villain vision background display
effects.
- Cleaned up Batphone hurry-up so timers will be held.
- Reorganized the Batphone hurry-up start to take less time so it doesn't
tie up the display for such a long time at end of ball or when mystery
and/or minor villain select is trying to run.
- Removed extra gadget button dispatch that was causing double gadgets
to be applied.
- Fixed extra ball so that it lights correctly.
- Playfield multiplier from atomic pile has been changed to only be
awarded if the atomic pile is lit.
- Adjusted background lamp effect priorities so the background lamp
effect for the combos runs on top of the modes.
- Combo shot was not being awarded from the Penguin VUK. This has been
corrected.
- Updated score frame for playfield multiplier status.
- Added adjustment check for major villain mode super jackpot award using
the gadget button (default=NO).
V0.57 - December 15, 2016
=========================
- Initial version.

3.5 gb > big fil

#1287 7 years ago

HOLY NEW BATCODE!

Just in time I'd say! Hooray!!!!

#1288 7 years ago

the artifacts in the video can be minimized with better encoding. In real time video flat surfaces with shadows are the worst for macroblock effects (those blocky, off color blocks you see) but because we are real-time, we have to balance things to avoid latency.

When encoding for just playback, you can optimize your encoding far far better because you can take longer. Your BluRays are compressed and have very little artifacting.. because of the encoders and bitrate. Besides storage and RAM... no reason to have compression artifacts in a system like this unless the streaming bitrate is horrible... which would be stupid on a system just released.

This is again.. probably just Stern learning the ropes.

#1289 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

the artifacts in the video can be minimized with better encoding. In real time video flat surfaces with shadows are the worst for macroblock effects (those blocky, off color blocks you see) but because we are real-time, we have to balance things to avoid latency.
When encoding for just playback, you can optimize your encoding far far better because you can take longer. Your BluRays are compressed and have very little artifacting.. because of the encoders and bitrate. Besides storage and RAM... no reason to have compression artifacts in a system like this unless the streaming bitrate is horrible... which would be stupid on a system just released.
This is again.. probably just Stern learning the ropes.

Yeah, but for a minimally-animated series of scenes, running them as movie clips are the least-efficient way to do them. Doing them as a handful of graphics manually animated would take up literally something like 50-100x less storage space and almost no bandwidth.

#1290 7 years ago

HOLY NEW BATCODE!

Huh. Maybe they meant every Thursday.

#1291 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I have a TWD from route with the same dimples you can only see them from a angle with very little light they disappear in a well lit room a non issue.

#1292 7 years ago

How do you know they are being played as movies? I saw files entitled animated in the assets folder of the rom, but they weren't a typical movie format (mpg, mp4, etc). Maybe they are are already a series of extracted images compressed and animated in sequence?

Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, but for a minimally-animated series of scenes, running them as movie clips are the least-efficient way to do them. Doing them as a handful of graphics manually animated would take up literally something like 50-100x less storage space and almost no bandwidth.

#1293 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

How do you know they are being played as movies? I saw files entitled animated in the assets folder of the rom, but they weren't a typical movie format (mpg, mp4, etc). Maybe they are are already a series of extracted images compressed and animated in sequence?

The moving compression artifacts give it away. I'm not saying it's a standard movie format (but it probably is), but they're movies. The animated stuff is probably overlays and the bits like when you capture a villain, which are NOT movies.

#1294 7 years ago

Ok I thought I would post my first impression here after I already play it. I mean really feel it, touch it, have a beer with it. With nobody around standing in line waiting to play it. Just real one on one time with it. So a local operator put bat66 premium on location today! Pictures speak for them self. Someone told me about it and i went to go play on location. Heres' my first impression

Remember this is coming from someone who has a BDK. As a shooter it's just like BDK. Ball can barely make it to the skill shot. Crane felt the same, commissioner gordon target same place. Did not like the catwoman ramps they felt difficult to shoot. Like they are angled wierd or something. When you hit it your like finally. I love the rotation mech. Plenty of cool toys and features.

Things i liked opening the orbit loops more flow. The left drop targets pushed back more room. Love the LCD screen but long over due so theres no wow factor. Same skill shot clips over and over. See it all after 3 games. Needed a liitle getting used to. Differently makes my BDK feel dated.The bat phone noise started annoying me. Because it wont shut up. But they put alot of drop targets in wierd places. I love that. But if you have BDK this game is a slam dunk for you. Shoots the same. I almost felt like i knew what i was doing. Also the flipper gap is wider. See pics

So as far as stern's "quality control" and the argument about dimples. FIRST day for batmam 66 premium in location. I put 5 dollars in played great but honestly after that since i own BDK I had enough. But still, new game and im a junky. got a refill beer put 5 dollars in. No real price break except 5 dollars for 1 free game. Hit the batmobile turn table the batmobile came flying off screws went everywhere. Just exploded. See pictures. Just crap quality.I also noticed dimples in the playfield. Mainly because on the reflecting off the glass. I saw how deep they were and took notice. I went back home and looked at my 10 year old stern Dark knight and it doesn't look like anything from that day one todays's stern. I own one stern game Dark Knight. Ill keep my basement full on williams games any day

20170113_195604 (resized).jpg20170113_195604 (resized).jpg

20170113_200528 (resized).jpg20170113_200528 (resized).jpg

20170113_203308 (resized).jpg20170113_203308 (resized).jpg

20170113_203318 (resized).jpg20170113_203318 (resized).jpg

20170113_203314 (resized).jpg20170113_203314 (resized).jpg

#1295 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Ill keep my basement full on williams games any day

#1296 7 years ago

Hey wait 'till your Batmobile flies off its mount and drains straight down the middle! That actually could be a feature

#1297 7 years ago

Why do I want to play this game even more now?
Well, at least no ghosting! But the batmobiles are coasting!

Bat-owners, glue those screws!!

#1298 7 years ago

The left drop targets pushed back more room. Love the LCD screen but long over due so theres no wow factor. Same skill shot clips over and over. See it all after 3 games. Needed a liitle getting used to. Differently makes my BDK feel dated.The bat phone noise started annoying me. Because it wont shut up. But they put alot of drop targets in wierd places.

What drop targets? My BM66 doesn't have any drop targets. Do you mean standup targets, or did I misunderstand?

#1299 7 years ago

Ok I thought I would post my first impression here after I already play it. I mean really feel it, touch it, have a beer with it. With nobody around standing in line waiting to play it. Just real one on one time with it. So a local operator put bat66 premium on location today! Pictures speak for them self. Someone told me about it and i went to go play on location. Heres' my first impression
Remember this is coming from someone who has a BDK. As a shooter it's just like BDK. Ball can barely make it to the skill shot. Crane felt the same, commissioner gordon target same place. Did not like the catwoman ramps they felt difficult to shoot. Like they are angled wierd or something. When you hit it your like finally. I love the rotation mech. Plenty of cool toys and features.
Things i liked opening the orbit loops more flow. The left drop targets pushed back more room. Love the LCD screen but long over due so theres no wow factor. Same skill shot clips over and over. See it all after 3 games. Needed a liitle getting used to. Differently makes my BDK feel dated.The bat phone noise started annoying me. Because it wont shut up. But they put alot of drop targets in wierd places. I love that. But if you have BDK this game is a slam dunk for you. Shoots the same. I almost felt like i knew what i was doing. Also the flipper gap is wider. See pics
So as far as stern's "quality control" and the argument about dimples. FIRST day for batmam 66 premium in location. I put 5 dollars in played great but honestly after that since i own BDK I had enough. But still, new game and im a junky. got a refill beer put 5 dollars in. No real price break except 5 dollars for 1 free game. Hit the batmobile turn table the batmobile came flying off screws went everywhere. Just exploded. See pictures. Just crap quality.I also noticed dimples in the playfield. Mainly because on the reflecting off the glass. I saw how deep they were and took notice. I went back home and looked at my 10 year old stern Dark knight and it doesn't look like anything from that day one todays's stern. I own one stern game Dark Knight. Ill keep my basement full on williams games any day

guess you ka-powed that game.

#1300 7 years ago

LOL....I'm happy with my $299 Nintendo Switch pre-order. F new pinball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 210.00
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
Protection
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 26.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.