Topic Stats

• 2,353 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Samuel (resized).jpg
Backglass (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg
They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg
5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 47.
#2051 1 year ago

Batman has more shots than Bonnie and Clyde's car. And I like that. Most of them being long shots with no obstructions in the middle of the playfield. Except the crane which when activated adds several more shots.

#2052 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I can rate games I never played based on videos, people's opinions, my own research & etc. My rating comment explains my position and that I'll be back to update after playing it.

Of course you can, however I feel that anyone that rates a game they haven't played is a douche. It makes the ratings completely worthless.

#2053 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I agree 100%, and icemans game won't be worth 5k this time next year! Man they really boned him good and he loves it!!!

That's not funny man! My feelings are hurt

The only value I care about this time next year is my Apple stock and how much more $$ I'll make

#2054 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's not funny man! My feelings are hurt
The only value I care about this time next year is my Apple stock and how much more $$ I'll make

Lol you know I'm joking ice, I was just being funny bro! Hey my GB arrived two weeks early and I'm picking it up tomorrow afternoon and setting it up! I sure hope my game works good and holds up well because I'll never hear the end of it if it don't!

P.S. May have to hire KPG as my attorney if my playfield falls apart! Haha

#2055 1 year ago

How do you rate a pin 4.7 never having even played the F ing pin? Much less any rating

I can't stand BS dishonest ratings

#2056 1 year ago

Make sure you get one of those headband magnifying glasses so you can Ck your PF after every ball

Set it up and have fun. Great pin!

#2057 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How do you rate a pin 4.7 never having even played the F ing pin? Much less any rating

Simple, you just go to the game and click rate. And ignore the rule that suggests only rating games you've played. Anyone can judge things or form an opinion on things without experiencing them first hand, it happens all the time. I think seeing the videos and complaints and etc. is sufficient enough to form an opinion especially because I specifically state that I will be back to update my rating after playing the game. People need to find other things to get upset about, this witch hunt against me for my opinion of this game is silly.

#2058 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How do you rate a pin 4.7 never having even played the F ing pin?

It's easy. You watch a crappy player on one of those streaming pod things and that is all you need.

It will help average out the inflated ratings by those trying to jack up the prices and sell their games.

#2059 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Make sure you get one of those headband magnifying glasses so you can Ck your PF after every ball
Set it up and have fun. Great pin!

You can bet your ass that I will be looking closely lol.

#2060 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Simple, you just go to the game and click rate. And ignore the rule that suggests only rating games you've played. Anyone can judge things or form an opinion on things without experiencing them first hand, it happens all the time. I think seeing the videos and complaints and etc. is sufficient enough to form an opinion especially because I specifically state that I will be back to update my rating after playing the game. People need to find other things to get upset about, this witch hunt against me for my opinion of this game is silly.

I've never met you, but I'm rating you a 3.2 as a Pinsider, just above Judge Dredd.

#2061 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I've never met you, but I'm rating you a 3.2 as a Pinsider, just above Judge Dredd.

Lol that's pretty funny!

#2062 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I can't stand BS dishonest ratings

That's the same as Roger Ebert (RIP) writing a movie review for a movie he never saw... but he saw the poster in the theatre.

Or Rolling Stone writing an album review by looking at the pictures of the recording artists on the internet.

Non sensical.

rd

#2063 1 year ago

You guys probably don't really want me playing the game before I rate it, because it's likely to bring my previous rating down even more. Keep up the down vote brigade and I'll buy something like Batman66sucks.com and really blow it up there, here, and everywhere else. To pretend this game wasn't one of Stern's biggest disasters out of the gate is just ridiculous, but I understand it must not be too comforting to be one of the suckers who bought into the hype.

#2064 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

You guys probably don't really want me playing the game before I rate it, because it's likely to bring my previous rating down even more. Keep up the down vote brigade and I'll buy something like Batman66sucks.com and really blow it up there, here, and everywhere else. To pretend this game wasn't one of Stern's biggest disasters out of the gate is just ridiculous, but I understand it must not be too comforting to be one of the suckers who bought into the hype.

From what I've seen, I concur with you ... but I wouldn't publically rate one unless I had spent considerable time playing one first.

rd

#2065 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That's the same as Roger Ebert (RIP) writing a movie review for a movie he never saw... but he saw the poster in the theatre.

Not quite. Besides that, he at least got to see a complete movie and there was no need assemble the frames or piece it back together after it arrived before viewing it at his own expense.

Quoted from rotordave:

but I wouldn't publically rate one unless I had spent considerable time playing one first.

Fair enough, I understand the sentiment some others also share regarding this. At least I didn't just give it the standard 1.0 rating that the real haters give.

#2066 1 year ago

The crew I hang with present our ratings of Batman.

hqdefault (resized).jpg

#2067 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

This post is fucking ridiculous....just got done with an hour on the machine...still enjoying it, and my family thinks it's the coolest title in the game room. You're overrating your opinion, and can assure you, it's not shared by all....you call "us" " suckers"? Get over yourself.....play something you like....the stupid shit that gets posted here....

#2068 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

At least I didn't just give it the standard 1.0 rating that the real haters give.

True .. that's the ultimate douche move.

rd

#2069 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Keep up the down vote brigade and I'll buy something like Batman66sucks.com and really blow it up there, here, and everywhere else.

Pity I cant give more than one down vote.

http://knowem.com/blog/2012/06/26/why-registering-companynamesucks-com-is-a-thing-of-the-past/

#2070 1 year ago

I honestly don't care how anybody else rates a game I own or like. They don't faze me one bit. I don't give a shit about the pinside rating system anyway. You've got mostly people that grew up on video games ranking pinball games now. Their opinions mean nothing to me and I don't care how they jack the rankings or the ratings. It's a fools game run by fools.

As long as it's getting lots of play at my house, it will usually stick around for a while. Everybody that comes over keeps on playing it and can not seem to get enough. Not worried about code either as I know who's working on it. In it's bare bones code state the way is now it is still a great shooting game with good flow. State of the art.

#2071 1 year ago

By the same token, a person cannot objectively assess the overall merits of an object they have a pecuniary interest in.

The simplest type of bias, is where the person is shown to have a pecuniary interest in the results of the proceedings, there it will be held at once that he is disqualified, howsoever small the interest is and howsoever clear it may be that his mind could be affected.

We all know how easily and quickly machine reputations can become cemented in the online collector world despite appreciable improvements to their status in the long term (XMen, Avengers, TWD). I would say there is at least some degree of pecuniary interest bias at play here in the viewpoints for quite a few recent owners trying to maintain the perception of value on their outlay given this titles price bubble.

The eternal conflict between early adopter purchasers versus wait and see potential purchasers is just the nature of the game with any recent product release from Stern given how short their machine life cycles are in the public's mind.

It would be great to see B66 still being in demand in 25 years time as per TAF with the reputation as the machine that rebooted pinball for the next generation with a retro theme and a modern screen, but the limited exposure to the general public of this latest offering doesn't instil a great deal of confidence in it even being remembered in 25 weeks (or around the time Stern starts posting Death Star pics on their facebook feed whichever comes sooner.)

The reality is this release was a home collector market segment cash grab through and through. QC, pre release testing, and any future code updates were/are all secondary to getting the machines presold and out the factory door as fast as they could.

#2072 1 year ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

a person cannot objectively assess the overall merits of an object they have a pecuniary interest in.

SOME people. There is NO way this holds water as a generalisation. Well, maybe most people, lol, so yeah, profiling can save some time, but PLENTY of people are capable of buying a game, realising it's a dud and eating a few lumps as they sell it at a loss and move on.

#2073 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

SOME people. There is NO way this holds water as a generalisation. Well, maybe most people, lol, so yeah, profiling can save some time, but PLENTY of people are capable of buying a game, realising it's a dud and eating a few lumps as they sell it at a loss and move on.

Yeah, this was me with X-Men LE. I can't recall saying too much positive about it. It's still the worse pin I've ever owned and should have taught me a lesson on pre-orders, if I weren't an idiot. I loved everything about it except game play. . Lost my ass to sell it and get it out of the house. Oddly, it was stacked with toys and a theme I loved, but I just couldn't get into it. I covered it with a sheet for six months. I haven't got there with BM66 so far and doubt I will.

#2074 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

SOME people. There is NO way this holds water as a generalisation. Well, maybe most people, lol, so yeah, profiling can save some time

I would say MOST people. When people have invested time/money in a purchase, whatever it is, they don't want to appear foolish in their decision making.

Even if they do get it, and realise they don't like it, they'll put on a brave face and try to learn to love it.

It's just human nature.

Personally, if I do buy something (generally a used pin, not a new one) I can usually tell in a day if I like it or not. If it doesn't gell (like a Truckstop I got a few months back) out the door it goes.

rd

#2075 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I would say MOST people. When people have invested time/money in a purchase, whatever it is, they don't want to appear foolish in their decision making.

Yeah, I will definitely concede to "most".

#2077 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Post purchase rationalisation (aka choice supportive) bias. Psychology of Marketing 101.

No person who has ever made a purchasing decision is completely immune, however the degree to which it manifests itself in an individual varies.

#2078 1 year ago

I've been playing my pin more,and more!! True,the code is in early stage,but the shots are straight forward! Bump o-din,and the more you play it,it draws you in!!Once you understand (I don't) HOW to shoot the targets,and when,It gets real crazy! Seems,the harder you play,the faster things go! What's Your Impression??

#2079 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

You are exactly why the ratings are broken and mean absolutely nothing.

#2080 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Disaster is a funny way to put it. 3.6 mil in sales just on the SLE and LE with all of them ordered pretty much site unseen. I'm guessing stern is pretty darn happy about BM66 no matter how many premiums they sell.

#2081 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Disaster is a funny way to put it. 3.6 mil in sales just on the SLE and LE with all of them ordered pretty much site unseen. I'm guessing stern is pretty darn happy about BM66 no matter how many premiums they sell.

Quip redacted.

#2082 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

ratings are broken and mean absolutely nothing

So everyone got all worked up and upset about my rating for nothing then. FYI, the thread isn't named "Batman 66 - What's your Impression - positive feedback only please."

#2083 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

So everyone got all worked up and upset about my rating for nothing then. FYI, the thread isn't named "Batman 66 - What's your Impression - positive feedback only please."

I think the thread has been far from that ...

However if you've read most of the reviews they do start with "got some time on this game tonight, ...." rather than "haven't played it at all ....".

rd

#2084 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Wtf? JD is better than 2/3s of all Sterns ever made.

C53719A4-5799-4D81-BA8C-00AA62341374-994-0000011BB9FE0D90_tmp (resized).png

#2085 1 year ago

C'mon fellas,everybody is entitled to a opinion! Ok if you don't agree!!

#2086 1 year ago

afddcb0cc8a8b288f4df8ec0a8c0f38e0764d99541202d3e299dc4e1f082411b (resized).jpg

#2087 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Lets be honest here. No one really gives a sh*t about your opinion. We only downvoted you because we want to visit "Batman66sucks.com" and cant wait to see you "really blow it up there, here, and everywhere else."

Quoted from sevenrites:

Keep up the down vote brigade and I'll buy something like Batman66sucks.com and really blow it up there, here, and everywhere else.

#2088 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

IMG_0812 (resized).JPG

#2089 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Bump o-din,and the more you play it,it draws you in!!Once you understand (I don't) HOW to shoot the targets,and when,It gets real crazy! Seems,the harder you play,the faster things go! What's Your Impression??

#2090 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Wtf? JD is better than 2/3s of all Sterns ever made.

I disagree, and that is perfectly ok. We don't have to agree on JD. I only bought JD because everyone said how good it went with Demo Man. Out of every game I've owned, it is the only one I ended up hating. On the other hand I've liked every Stern I've owned. I even still own RCT, just because I like the start of the Multiball. Granted, there are Stern games I have not owned, but for the most part, I enjoy their games.

#2091 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Lets be honest here. No one really gives a sh*t about your opinion. We only downvoted you because we want to visit "Batman66sucks.com" and cant wait to see you "really blow it up there, here, and everywhere else."

This pretty much sums it up. These comments haven't been "what's your impression?", but rather " what f**king idiots you were to buy one, even though I didn't even play it yet". That's not an opinion, but rather a blatant, combative statement, hoping to bring attention to himself. I guess everyone gets their kicks from something......

I don't care if anyone likes or doesn't like a title (I don't like AC/DC, who really cares), but never insult someone or a group that does. Useless trash, period.

I'm more sorry for those that had problems with the game, QC wise...Stern will hopefully get things sorted.

#2092 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If it doesn't gell (like a Truckstop I got a few months back) out the door it goes.

But now you have a gap in your System11 collection

#2093 1 year ago

LOL. Lets blow it up

laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

#2094 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

But now you have a gap in your System11 collection

TruckStop isn't a Sys11.

I still got all thirty of those suckers.

Yes, even the boat anchor that is Millionaire.

rd

#2095 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

TruckStop isn't a Sys11.
I still got all thirty of those suckers.
rd

Ahh, it's only 1/4 a Sys11 (sound) .. but for me, sounds are what defined those Sys11 games, so it'll always be in that family for me It's not a great game so can't blame you for showing it the door.

#2096 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You can't register "sucks" domains anymore and keep them with rule changes in domain management. The copyright/trademark holder gets to take any domains with their marks for free just by filing one form.

Social media is the way to do that. No such rule there. @Batman66sucks is a go!

#2097 1 year ago

So i finally have gotten to put a few games on my Batman.

Note that i haven't rated this pin despite owning it, like it matters anyhow!

I'm on .65 code hoping that we get an update tomorrow and haven't had time to update to .68.

As we know, VERY basic code and a LONG ways to go.

Left orbit is smooth as butter.

Left ramp has no rattle and plastic ball guard. Smooth.

Turn table mech is really cool, I love it. LOVE the LCD.

Flows great, like i give a shit, but love long shots though like WPT.

Fairly easy shot making? Yes. No cheap drains and longer game times for me.

Bottom line, its FUN to shoot and theme integration is great. It's now just a Lyman waiting game.

And i think it will be such a unique and fun pin. I'm thrilled with it considering the code and where its going.

#2098 1 year ago

Best part of all, you actually possess the machine!

#2099 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Best part of all, you actually possess the machine!

And its F ing fixed finally! But you are correct Odiner, I can actually flips some balls around and drink some beer. Thanks Stern!

#2100 1 year ago

Amen brother! Considering some of the other developments today, there is a lot to be said for that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Topeka, KS
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 13.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside