IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 7 years ago

Remember lyman did the code on the original batman dark Knight.......

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I do like that it changes and integrates into the game, however my iniatal thoughts are that it spins much too slow for game play. I'm sure this could be adjusted though with coding.

That was my first thought /worry actually .... hopefully it all gets ajusted

#201 7 years ago

Really like the lcd size but man i really dislike the speaker panel.... looks very very generic and dont care for speaker grills .I'm sure the after market peeps will come up with something great but for the price i think stern cld of did something much nicer.

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree, speaker panel is terrible, they saved the good stuff for the SLE, which those guys deserve it anyhow.
After market mod for sure. I think Gomez mentioned you'd be able to buy all of the extra crap that goes on the SLE, toys, grill, bat light, etc.?

O i didnt know sle was different? ...ill have check it out.

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Saw the speaker panel at expo and it looked great in real life and the sound system is a better one too

Pretty sure the sle only has the upgraded Jensen speakers and better speaker panel from what i just read and saw. Other offerings have the standard spike system sound package and regular generic plastic speaker panel......

#210 7 years ago

From the pics above the speaker panel is kinda blah .... maybe he will take some better pics of it and the speakers inside......
The sle looks slick tho ...as it sld for 15k lol.

#220 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

For anyone who has their game now or has seen the protos in person, is the speaker panel on the SLE is it metal? From photos and a video with George it appears the SLE has a powder coated speaker panel so it would need to be metal, what is the speaker panel on the LE? wood? Sorry I cant zoom in and get a good idea from my iphone.

Looks like plastic to me?

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Should be easy enough then to get a metal speaker panel made off the plastic one and get it powder coated to match the LE armour
I will get that done at the same time I get my chrome wireform powdered

That wld look nice..... or even a decal look nice and a cheaper upgrade...

#233 7 years ago

Wow didn't realize two sides of the big toy were just 2 stand up targets? Is it just that and a spinning thing like on safecracker)/2 more standups ?

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pretty sure the sle only has the upgraded Jensen speakers and better speaker panel from what i just read and saw. Other offerings have the standard spike system sound package and regular generic plastic speaker panel......

Quoted from musketd:

I physically saw them at expo all 3 versions have a better sound system then spike 1, but the sle has even more powerful . Trust me it looks great in real life and very nice

Speakers look same as other spike systems?

#256 7 years ago

Awesome thanks for the pics.... glad the speaker panel is metal and can be powdercoated.

#361 7 years ago

Lcd is cool not sure about much else right now.....

#389 7 years ago

I don't see anything in the video's to really get excited about to say its amazing and i dont see anything to say its horrible. Its kinda just ok at the moment and will have to see where it goes from here.

#493 7 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

The number of people submitted videos for the game was much greater than the number of games they were selling.

I personally know 5 people that did the video just bc and to see what wld happen. They had absolutely no intention of buying it or even the le for that matter. Im sure there were alot of others that did the sane....

#494 7 years ago

Goodness gracious that's a thing of beauty....

#735 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And you passed on an SLE, right?

Ones i know that sent in a video (5) just to see what happens. They got selected but didn't really want the pin bc of the price and not being a ground up build.

#841 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Played mine again tonight...more fun every time I engage...even w early code....shot lane TIGHT on the right side for mb...just a fun play!!!
Was ready to update code today too....now worries...maybe for the weekend...

Yep im same way on any new game i get... bought a restored funhouse and i csnt stop playing it now.. such a great pin and theme.

#843 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed.....addicts, we are.....it's a sickness, I say...

It really is... wouldn't have it any other way lol

#1048 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Confess..this is my only game I did it on ( but truly did) .....all that ghosting shit that was posted ( I never had that happen) made me super worried after dropping 10k on my first nib Stern.
I admit, after doing it, and realized it was a gorgeous playfield with no defects ( and man, I looked) the whole process felt pretty stupid. But it's out of my head now. I buy my machines to PLAY, so dimples are part of it...all is good in BM66 land...

Unfortunately most issues come after a fair amount of play especially on pins with lots of airballs..... keep a eye on her.

1 week later
#1363 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Anyone else have the clear starting to chip a little in their shooter lane? Could be dumb luck but the software update seemed to lessen the flyers somewhat. I have noticed the ball getting caught in the left orbit on the wire/zip tie that is on the ramp. After another week there are a ton of dimples. As others have mentioned the gloss definitely brings them out. I recently purchased a BDK from another Pinsider and there are nowhere near the amount of deep marks on that game. Plays completely different and has a lot less flyers than 66.
I finally made contact with Stern and they were receptive and seem willing to work with me on a solution. I am sending more photos and speaking with them again this week.

#1365 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Anyone else have the clear starting to chip a little in their shooter lane? Could be dumb luck but the software update seemed to lessen the flyers somewhat. I have noticed the ball getting caught in the left orbit on the wire/zip tie that is on the ramp. After another week there are a ton of dimples. As others have mentioned the gloss definitely brings them out. I recently purchased a BDK from another Pinsider and there are nowhere near the amount of deep marks on that game. Plays completely different and has a lot less flyers than 66.
I finally made contact with Stern and they were receptive and seem willing to work with me on a solution. I am sending more photos and speaking with them again this week.

Looks like some the joker inserts are lifting especially the e?

#1386 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

if i put mylar on the magnet & upper area with all the craters, will the magnet still work as expected & craters prevented (mostly) ?

I put mylar on all my pins especially around and near magnets.... it doesn't effect anything

#1415 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The thing is that prices are the highest they have ever been, with price increases way above inflation.
And QC is the worst it has been.
So, right now it's simple for me, I just can't justify the thrill of a NIB game.
Back to the 90's for me!

Ive been that way for over a year now and have been playing more pinball than ever....love me some b/w

#1489 7 years ago

A premium just listed for sale/trade also has some substantial craters in the magnet and upper playfield....

#1492 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

With the magnet pole, dont you guys feel its because the new poles are 3 times the size of the old one's. They now take more hits and with all that area they become much more pronounced. When they were the size of a nickel no one cared.

The actual magnet core is the same size i believe but is surrounded by metal now which was to protect the playfield i guess. My walking dead premium has 2 these new magnets with 3k plays and dont have any real craters and they get a bunch of abuse /airballs bc of where they are located. I dont think the dents are a big deal on it or the playfield but it does seem to be much worse than prior pins.....

2 weeks later
#1607 7 years ago

Just bc that lazy susan is complicated mechanically dont mean its a good toy rigjt?

#1717 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are f*cking serious? With this game? EVERYONE who bought it blindly bought it!!! 100%!!! There was no video of gameplay & no one could play it at expo. Blind as a bat!!!

I was gonna say the same thing but im tired of reminding people about it. Same goes for people ordering that latest spooky title. Its cool to see a theme you like but these toys need to play well as that is the intended purpose i thought? However latley most seem to buy off theme, art and a few pictures which is crazy imo considering the stupid prices they are now for how little you seem to get. As long as stern and spooky keep selling them out beforehand they will continue to raise the price , take features away or lower the quality....i mean if i was a business id do the same dam thing till they stop selling out..

#1720 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Kinda like a box of cereal? Same size box, less cereal, and no toy!

Lol essentially

#1775 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

BUT, B'66 in its 0.68 very incomplete condition is almost as deep as Monster Bash already.

Theres much more to a pinball machine than deep code? . I have 2 the best sterns made with the best code ever(met, twdp) and play my mb, afm, bsd, ss ,tz all the time and rarely turn on met and twd.....

#1783 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I dunno. I've had MB twice, and once you get past the great theme, there's just not a lot of game there. I doubt I'll have it again.

Point of what i meant is that there is much more to pins than a deep code.

#1828 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That is a beauty KPG! Anybody would be proud to own that machine for sure!

It really is a fun fun pin with great theme and lyman code.

#1829 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Hahah! Dude. I'm not offended. It's probably the nicest MB anyone has ever seen. It's a masterpiece.
Don't take my word for it - ask RobT! I bought it from him. No doubt even you would appreciate it. Used the money that would have probably gone to Aerosmith.

Probably one of the eddy boards for the phantom flip malfunctioning....reason for credit dot. Its usually just a lose wire in my experience from owning one

#1831 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf, I thought Rob was never gonna get rid of that MB!

Everything has a price lol....

2 weeks later
#2145 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have refrained from having a full impression, until I had time to play.
I put in 30 plus games, literally alone, at the Pinball Lounge this week.
As we all know, Game looks Great, as it did in Chicago. 9
Game sounds, Music, call outs, screen, and theme...tops! 9+
Code...developing...... currently a 7, for me.
Shots, and game play...7-1/2.
Overall, an 8, with the possibility of 9 with code.
Why not a 10? nothings perfect, always room for better.
In comparison, TWD...solid 9, but a different feel, mood, and "battle"
GB Premium, a Solid 8. Aside from playfield, Magna Slings, Theme, Fun all the way around.
Wont know if it will get better, time and code will tell.
in my eyes, AC/DC 9.5
Iron Man 9
BBH 7.5-8
Batman will get better with code, and if you are a fan of the turntable and its shots, its higher for you.
I find it gimmicky, and "expensive", without the need. But thats just me.
I fun game for sure...no doubt its got so much done right, but I guess my final thoughts are repeated..
Premium...$5995 list, $4500-$5K, HUO after code develops.....6K-7K used???...I just added 4 killer pins for the same,
and dont see it yet.
So.....Ill wait.....get more impressions....read Ices postsssss.
Alien and Dialed In seem to capture my attention more, as far as "new" and 12 months time.
Having too much fun with older games never played! I have just as much time in BOP as Batman, and other than the color screen, BOP is calling my name more.
Congrats to all owners, enjoy in the best of health!

Premium bat66 is much more than 6k? Believe its around 8k nib shipped.

#2147 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Indeed, It just felt more like a 6K game, than an 8K, IMO.

O ok ...sorry lol. If the premium bat 66 was priced like Aerosmith (like it sld be imo) i may be interested but not enough there to warrant 8k to me .

#2149 7 years ago

Yep all pinball is good pinball

#2151 7 years ago

Well i may not enjoy certain titles but someone will which is all that matters.... this hobby has something for everyone

1 month later
#2259 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Never did like Tron either. Bias against theme but I also have only played it on location. Obviously a lot of people love it

Yea ive never cared for it at all eaither...

#2263 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

This edit hurts my eyes

Whoops lol.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.