20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 47.
#2301 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not really. The reason I bought Batman is I wanted a new game with a modern theme I could relate to. Once I looked at all the options out there I realized it would have to be an old theme I could relate to.
If I had to hear those same Aerosmith songs over and over again, surely I would have taken a sledgehammer to the machine. And that dude with the cell phone? I think not. Forget Aliens. Don't want it.
So I played Batman and liked the shots and the music so I took it.

Yes we are old F ers. Vintage beer and nachos.

Pauly, I'd never buy Bm66 premium at those prices. Not many will

Build quality is good imo

#2302 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Well BM66 isn't helping with that at all.

Not at all. Luckily I was able to trade in my Ripley's on the deal so it wasn't a bank breaker.

I'm an adrenaline junky at heart, and at one time it seems there were pinball themes that fit the bill. Now it seems the industry wants to make games for nerdy types that grew up playing video games and worked at Blockbuster.

#2303 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is that a roll of quarters in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me.

That's my car phone. Since the LeBaron only goes out on Sundays I usually stuff it in my pocket. For important calls.

#2304 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

the LeBaron only goes out on Sundays

Is that you Ricardo?

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

Edit- We've got as many choices in pinball now as the car industry gave us in 1982.

#2305 7 years ago

Metallic Pea?
Where's my Antarctic Blue?

#2306 7 years ago

If Clark woulda bought a convertible it definitely woulda been a LeBaron.
Classic case of needed a better salesman.

#2307 7 years ago

Perhaps one of our other models might interest you.

5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg

#2308 7 years ago

I did laugh out loud.
The Ricardo Montabalm SLE is probably what you're looking for sir.
Go ahead... sit down.
Comfy isn't it?

#2309 7 years ago

When I put these glasses on,

They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpgThey-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg

this is what I see when I go looking at the latest pinball machines.
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpgcardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg

#2311 7 years ago

Did ANYBODY buy a pro? What's it lacking?

#2312 7 years ago

I'm glad you think it's funny, but now I grow fatigued.

123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg

#2313 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pauly, I'd never buy Bm66 premium at those prices.

So you bought the LE. How is that any better?

Sure it is limited, to 240 units, however it is still a money grab at 10k and the additional items included above the Preimium don't help justify the price either. IMO I know for you it was a dream theme so I am sure that helped your decision to buy but in my opinion it is just as bad as the premium as far as price for value goes.

#2314 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks for the clarification, pretty sure Lyman will sort that out in future updates though, would give us a few different ways to approach/play the game which is always better imo than a linear game where you must do the same things in the same order each game

Lyman definitely has his hands full with BM66. It will take a masterful effort on his part to save this game.

#2315 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It will take a masterful effort on his part to save this game.

#2316 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When I put these glasses on,

this is what I see when I go looking at the latest pinball machines.

'They Live' would be epic! I have no money for nib, but I only need one kidney right

#2317 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

That's my car phone. Since the LeBaron only goes out on Sundays I usually stuff it in my pocket. For important calls.

Did you happen to buy the LeBaron from Jon Voit?

#2318 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Lyman definitely has his hands full with BM66. It will take a masterful effort on his part to save this game.

Ummm.....nah...Odin's pic sums it up my response to this.....

#2319 7 years ago

I just played batman. You can get multiple multiballs during each villain mode. Now I'm trying to figure out if it's too late to scrap star wars and go with fast and furious instead.

#2320 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

No need to get into hostile arguments defending the fact you like the machine. In fact, I'm stoked there are people who are enjoying them! That's what's great about pinball.. there's always something for everyone. If someone says they like sushi, and I say I don't - no one is going to sit there and tell me why I am wrong and try and change my taste buds. We get it, BM66 is your flavor and you enjoy it. Right on! Flip away and have a good time, that's why these machines exist. Glad BM66 puts a smile on your face. Just because I have no interest in it shouldn't offend anyone.

You are right.
However, this game will sit too in the pinside ranking and show what is the "general" feeling of folks about it.
Price are so high nowadays that it is not possible to dissociate the game and its value and to wonder if it worth it. It is always better to get a good game and a good evaluation from folks, you will sell it better in the secondary market.

#2321 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Build quality is good imo

Seriously?!?!?!?!

Your $10,000 NIB game arrived broken, remained broken for weeks, and you classify that as "good"?

Seriously?!?!?!?!

Ahhhhh, I get it now, April fools. Ha ha ha. You really got us good with that one. Kudos!!!!

#2322 7 years ago

Is this pin stereo? Has to be yes?

#2323 7 years ago

So you bought the LE. How is that any better?
Sure it is limited, to 240 units, however it is still a money grab at 10k and the additional items included above the Preimium don't help justify the price either. IMO I know for you it was a dream theme so I am sure that helped your decision to buy but in my opinion it is just as bad as the premium as far as price for value goes.

Nobody said it wasn't an overpriced money grab. It is

All they did was cut out the flipper profit once again.

They sell the LEs for $8500 with 240 of them and people would have been fighting each other to get one to flip for a quick profit

They were fighting each other over the SLE for $15k

So I'll take the one limited to 240 and other perks

ALL of these high priced pins are gonna take a hit.

I see a loaded TH Smaug gold LE that can't sell at $7250

#2324 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

Seriously?!?!?!?!
Your $10,000 NIB game arrived broken, remained broken for weeks, and you classify that as "good"?
Seriously?!?!?!?!
Ahhhhh, I get it now, April fools. Ha ha ha. You really got us good with that one. Kudos!!!!

I do actually, $9600 Nib and plays like a champ now. Great build quality for HUO!

Sometimes shit happens. All of my Stern pins have been nearly flawless

#2325 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Is this pin stereo? Has to be yes?

I think so. And it's got some of the groovenest music you ever heard on any pinball machine.

#2326 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think so. And it's got some of the groovenest music you ever heard on any pinball machine.

I still want to add some original nelson riddle music in there with pinball browser once the code is further along.

#2327 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Did you happen to buy the LeBaron from Jon Voit?

John Voight is what the registration says. Doesn't he spell his name Jon?
Walter White as Tim the dentist...lol.

#2328 7 years ago

I have been seriously wondering about the stereo thing cause I heard Stern went stereo a machine or two ago. Hope this is true.

#2329 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Does that mean we can no longer own these games and enjoy them for a year or two for free? Or even make a profit on them?

Why, I'm shocked and appalled at that very notion.

#2330 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Does that mean we can no longer own these games and enjoy them for a year or two for free? Or even make a profit on them?
Why, I'm shocked and appalled at that very notion.

WHAT!!! I thought this was my ticket to becoming wealthy....I'm out....back to collecting stamps...

#2331 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

John Voight is what the registration says. Doesn't he spell his name Jon?
Walter White as Tim the dentist...lol.

I believe the registration was under John Voit. Both first and last names were wrong.

#2332 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nobody said it wasn't an overpriced money grab. It is
All they did was cut out the flipper profit once again.
They sell the LEs for $8500 with 240 of them and people would have been fighting each other to get one to flip for a quick profit
They were fighting each other over the SLE for $15k
So I'll take the one limited to 240 and other perks
I see a loaded TH Smaug gold LE that can't sell at $7250

They sure did cut out the flipper market cause no body wants one for all the reasons most people are talking about in this thread. Stern NIB is dead to me currently so keep killing the flipper market cause it will only save me money in the long run, if I ever find a new Stern I feel I need to own, as it will be a used one to make sure all the physical bugs are worked out and the code is semi complete. Not hating on your choice of games Ice just stating the truth.

#2333 7 years ago

no body wants one for all the reasons most people are talking about in this thread.

Noone wants one!

#2334 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

WHAT!!! I thought this was my ticket to becoming wealthy....I'm out....back to collecting stamps...

You know stamps can be much more expensive than pins

#2335 7 years ago

They sure did cut out the flipper market cause no body wants one for all the reasons most people are talking about in this thread. Stern NIB is dead to me currently so keep killing the flipper market cause it will only save me money in the long run, if I ever find a new Stern I feel I need to own, as it will be a used one to make sure all the physical bugs are worked out and the code is semi complete. Not hating on your choice of games Ice just stating the truth.

Waiting and used HUO should save a lot of $$. I've said it many times and a wise way to go if you can be patient.

With my last 3 pins, patience was not an option! But like Odin said, it won't be a tragedy if I ever sell any of them and have to take a big hit. The fun factor I've gotten out of them is worth whatever drop they take.

#2336 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But like Odin said, it won't be a tragedy if I ever sell any of them and have to take a big hit.

Backglass (resized).jpgBackglass (resized).jpg

#2337 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

You know stamps can be much more expensive than pins

I've heard that!!!...at least they will be lighter to move, and no modding required (?).....

1 week later
#2338 7 years ago

I think everyone's opinion here is valid...whether you've played 5 or 500 games on a BM66.

Samuel (resized).jpgSamuel (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2339 7 years ago

Well I actually loved playing a BM66 on location enough to purchase one myself.
Code is at alpha stage with a long way to go, but have enough faith that lyman will do this machine justice!
So very happy to sit back and wait like I did with his Xmen,Metallica and TWD...

I played Aerosmith also and just could not get into this at all.
Played over 50 plus games and just did not have the same buzz as playing Metallica for the first time.
Same old Lonnie style sorry.

#2340 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Well I actually loved playing a BM66 on location enough to purchase one myself.
Code is at alpha stage with a long way to go, but have enough faith that lyman will do this machine justice!
So very happy to sit back and wait like I did with his Xmen,Metallica and TWD...
I played Aerosmith also and just could not get into this at all.
Played over 50 plus games and just did not have the same buzz as playing Metallica for the first time.
Same old Lonnie style sorry.

That's funny coz I got the exact opposite feeling yesterday when I came back from an expo.
There is no comparison possible with the artwork, Aerosmith is way better!
The code is already good ( maybe coz this game is an kiss 2.0?). Aerosmith that came later is however better than B66!
And to be clear, I even prefer playing Batman than B66. Effectively I hope for those who paid it so much, Lyman would do a great code.

#2341 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

There is no comparison possible with the artwork, Aerosmith is way better!
The code is already good ( maybe coz this game is an kiss 2.0?). Aerosmith that came later is however better than B66!
And to be clear, I even prefer playing Batman than B66. Effectively I hope for those who paid it so much, Lyman would do a great code.

BM66 art is way better than Aerosmith, it doesn't matter how good an artist is they cant make Steve Tyler look good

Code is a non subject at this point, Aerosmith was released after BM66 but originally it was going to be released before BM66, at the last minute things got changed around and BM66 was released nearly 6 months ahead of its original release.

Which seems to be something people are forgetting, yes Aerosmith code is nice but its had 4-6 months extra development time, imo Lonnie doesn't appear to have used that time to add any flare to the code, it is definitely solid code but its standard Lonnie, I just don't see any extra flare or nuances that you would see from Dwight or Lyman, considering all the extra time Aerosmith has had since swapping spots with BM66

And BDK was a great game just hampered by poor initial code and some of the worst toys/mechs ever - teeter totter ramp, the can and that upper playfield all off one ramp ruined a potentially great game, but I feel the same way about Avengers, Gomez often trys to experiment outside the box, BM66 replaces all the bad mechs for another "fast" ramp and once the code improves I think the turntable will be great, certainly a better use of the space than the can!

As long as Lyman gets the code, lcd video, villain vision interaction and the audio and lightshows as good as BDK, BM66 will be one of Sterns better games.

#2342 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

BM66 art is way better than Aerosmith, it doesn't matter how good an artist is they cant make Steve Tyler look good
Code is a non subject at this point, Aerosmith was released after BM66 but originally it was going to be released before BM66, at the last minute things got changed around and BM66 was released nearly 6 months ahead of its original release.
Which seems to be something people are forgetting, yes Aerosmith code is nice but its had 4-6 months extra development time, imo Lonnie doesn't appear to have used that time to add any flare to the code, it is definitely solid code but its standard Lonnie, I just don't see any extra flare or nuances that you would see from Dwight or Lyman, considering all the extra time Aerosmith has had since swapping spots with BM66
And BDK was a great game just hampered by poor initial code and some of the worst toys/mechs ever - teeter totter ramp, the can and that upper playfield all off one ramp ruined a potentially great game, but I feel the same way about Avengers, Gomez often trys to experiment outside the box, BM66 replaces all the bad mechs for another "fast" ramp and once the code improves I think the turntable will be great, certainly a better use of the space than the can!
As long as Lyman gets the code, lcd video, villain vision interaction and the audio and lightshows as good as BDK, BM66 will be one of Sterns better games.

I have no problem with that.

For the moment it is not.

#2343 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The artwork on BM66 is gorgeous and perfect for the theme. Every bit as eye catching as GBLE

And since I'll have an ASLE in the house next week I'll be able to compare it.

The negative narrative on BM66 will start changing next week with the code drop. Great potential and Lyman will deliver it.

As for AS, I get to compare and contrast a Lonnie pin for the first time, hadn't planned on that.

#2344 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The artwork on BM66 is gorgeous and perfect for the theme. Every bit as eye catching as GBLE
And since I'll have an ASLE in the house next week I'll be able to compare it.
The negative narrative on BM66 will start changing next week with the code drop. Great potential and Lyman will deliver it.
As for AS, I get to compare and contrast a Lonnie pin for the first time, hadn't planned on that.

Agree regarding the artwork on BM66. It has to be one of the nicest cabinets. I keep it on the end of my collection so I can enjoy that purrr-fect view

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 34.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.