20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 47.
#551 7 years ago

LCD phenomenal

Picks up the best elements of BDK like the Crane and discards the bad

Lyman is the King

Pin looks like a F ing BLAST to play

Code updates every 2 weeks

Can't wait for my LE

Blows away that POS Dialed In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#552 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How many Stern pins have you owned?
That's what I thought.....

What's it matter to you Rob? I've got several favorites but haven't kept one yet. There's an Iron Man sitting in my game room right now. Here's another post for you and Iceman to down vote for no reason other than because you have an vendetta against me for expecting more out of Stern. I'm sure you both get plenty of excitement out of that judging by how ferociously you've both attacked my posts recently. How cute.

#553 7 years ago

I will say this, the music is well integrated with the game play. Scatman, scatman, scatman......na na na na na na na na na SCATMAN !!!!

#554 7 years ago

And BTW, just played me some RS tonight.

If only DI was as good.

Lick that crybabies

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

What's it matter to you Rob? I've got several favorites but haven't kept one yet. There's an Iron Man sitting in my game room right now. Here's another post for you to down vote for no reason other than because you have an vendetta against me for expecting more out of Stern.

You were the one who dished out the personal attack on me for giving you a freaking thumbs down. Sensitive much?

whiny (resized).jpgwhiny (resized).jpg

#556 7 years ago

[edited by moderator]

#557 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

[edited by moderator]

Stay classy.

#558 7 years ago

I'm sure that I will be playing one if I can find it on location but I can't see myself buying one.

#559 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

[edited by moderator]

Adios Seven"wrongs"

#560 7 years ago

New code Tuesday? Impressive....there's going to be glitches...EVERY machine I own gets stuck balls, etc...get over it ...the machine is fun, and deadflip convinced me I'm a terrible player....huge potential with so many elements, and I had a blast today playing it . If you don't like it, your not buying or finding any good in it...period, even if it spit out $100 bills and ran on solar power. It's your right to post it on a public forum, but far, far, far from gospel. Enjoy the holiday!!!

#561 7 years ago

Looked great to me, it shot like I was expecting and hoping, an improved BDK I brought and LE for that very reason it kept all the stuff I loved about BDK and replaced all the stuff I wasn't thrilled by.

I'm sure with code revisions this is going to be great, I like the fact it's not a flow monster, BDK wasn't particularly high in the flow department but I have ironman, Star Trek and avatar for flow, BM is my variety and so far it looks great, can't wait for my LE.

#562 7 years ago

Different stokes for different folks.......not my cup of tea but then again I don't drink tea.

#563 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looked great to me, it shot like I was expecting and hoping, an improved BDK I brought and LE for that very reason it kept all the stuff I loved about BDK and replaced all the stuff I wasn't thrilled by.
I'm sure with code revisions this is going to be great, I like the fact it's not a flow monster, BDK wasn't particularly high in the flow department but I have ironman, Star Trek and avatar for flow, BM is my variety and so far it looks great, can't wait for my LE.

You are spot on, and won't be disappointed....FACT.....this game fills a great niche for me...

#564 7 years ago

When I buy a new machine thats just what I want to see. For me games like GB and TWD are miles apart from this in style , innovation ,and layout.

Kind of speaks for my collection. Some of each, but most of all there what "I" want. Enjoy your 66's guys.

#565 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Different stokes for different folks.......not my cup of tea but then again I don't drink tea.

That's always been the case in this hobby (& any other for that matter) and we all know that, there's games I don't like but my friends love, I think with BM it's simply pricing that has over shadowed this.

I'm in on an LE but I totally get what some of the guys like sevenrites are saying about expecting more from Stern, I was pretty pissed that Stern didn't add more iconic imagery and theme integration into this pin (bat poles, bat cave entrance/exit, Shakespeare bust etc) but I can add those things, should I have to at 10k? No way, but am I willing to? Yeah I love enhancing my games so I'll do it, comes back to personal choice again

#566 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

For me when I buy a new machine thats just what I want to see. For me games like GB and TWD are miles apart from this in style , innovation ,and layout.
Kind of speaks for my collection. Some of each, but most of all there what "I" want. Enjoy your 66's guys.

That's what is hard for me to get for Hobiecat, I've got and/or had a lot of pins you own. GB and TWD 2 of my all time favorites, but hey, like you said, sometimes its just different with a certain pin!

And so much more to come with this pin.

#567 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Some of each, but most of all there what "I" want. Enjoy your 66's guys.

That's a great statement, and thank you....

#568 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That's always been the case in this hobby (& any other for that matter) and we all know that, there's games I don't like but my friends love, I think with BM it's simply pricing that has over shadowed this.

I agree with this 100%. I bought my BDK NIB for 3995. Honestly and for the most part its the same game with a different art package, different coding ,two wire forms taking place of the more expensive tetter totter and mini playfield ( its an improvment ) and an LDC .

At double the price and with the far superior SAM system in BDK, I cant justify the huge price increase over gameplay.

#569 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I agree with this 100%. I bought my BDK NIB for 3995. Honestly and for the most part its the same game with a different art package, different coding ,two wire forms taking place of the more expensive tetter totter and mini playfield ( its an improvment ) and an LDC .
At double the price and with the far superior SAM system in BDK, I cant justify the huge price increase over gameplay.

I also brought my BDK NIB and yeah I don't think the price increase seen on BM66 is worth it from an inflation/BOM point of view, but the fact it wasn't just a reskin of BDK, kept the stuff I loved like the crane and added a second ramp which I always felt BDK needed, made it worth it to me.

The crane is one of my favourite Stern toys I just never got bored of shooting it. But the teeter totter, can and upper playfield sucked, the piss poor sound package also didn't help (before we had pin brower) where ultimately the reasons I sold the game. Although the drop and joker lock was a shot that felt great, would have been nice to see a drop or two on BM66.

I didn't need a new layout, I pulled the trigger because it was BDK 2.5.

#570 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Better than Stars!

Man, I heard that blasphemy all the way over in the MMR/GBP thread!
Take that back you dejected chain-smoking baby!

#571 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

What's it matter to you Rob? I've got several favorites but haven't kept one yet. There's an Iron Man sitting in my game room right now. Here's another post for you and Iceman to down vote for no reason other than because you have an vendetta against me for expecting more out of Stern. I'm sure you both get plenty of excitement out of that judging by how ferociously you've both attacked my posts recently. How cute.

You don't understand why Rob gets sick of you that's funny try this on for size

Quoted from sevenrites:

I thought it looked boring, not much happening on the play field, oh wow, look at that disc thing that spins and that crane I've seen before. There was no wow factor or anything remotely exciting looking in that video.

Quoted from sevenrites:

Seemed more like torture to me. It was painful to watch and listen to, and I tried to be open minded about it.

Quoted from sevenrites:

There really just doesn't look like there's much to shoot at, or any speed or fast action, excitement and flow

Quoted from sevenrites:

I'm just going to stay quiet at this point and let everyone else duke it out, I've taken a beating for my constructive criticism of this game.

#572 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

You don't understand why Rob gets sick of you that's funny try this on for size

You know what the best part is?

He says:

Quoted from sevenrites:

Here's another post for you and Iceman to down vote for no reason other than because you have an vendetta against me for expecting more out of Stern. I'm sure you both get plenty of excitement out of that judging by how ferociously you've both attacked my posts recently. How cute.

I ferociously attacked his posts recently?

I never responded to, or quoted, a single one of his posts (until after he made a personal attack on me for a downvote)!

I had the audacity to give one of his posts a thumbs down, so he went back and edited it, and talked about me giving a reach around and a thumbs down. So I guess a thumbs down = ferociously attacking his posts.

#573 7 years ago

After waiting with anticipation and watching the GoT and GB jack danger live feeds this was in short reaffirming to me that this game is meh at best

When Jack gave GoT the treatment it was easy to see straight off the mark how well thought out the code and design was from SR and DS. A simple layout but awesome game. Very little froth and bubbles and all about how it plays. With bm66 your getting a lot of looks but no substance... like a steady diet of dessert, but eventually your gonna want the main course.

This game for want of a better phrase just plain looks crap to play. Code will help but not rescue this title. A very uninspiring effort from Stern. Just one opinion.

#574 7 years ago

What an awesome stream with an awesome group of pinheads.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by!

Again, this was a prototype machine with code that had JUST been tweaked and thrown on the machine. Overall a successful showing.

Here is the YouTube vid!

#575 7 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Again, this was a prototype machine with code that had JUST been tweaked and thrown on the machine. Overall a successful showing.
» YouTube video

1st time where there is a quote justifying the performance of the game on show accompanying the upload announcement. No prizes for guessing why.

#576 7 years ago

My impression,

It's a bright shiny thing, ravens and pack-rats will love it.

#577 7 years ago

Just loving the stupidity of everyone saying people spend 15K. No, 80 people spent that. 240 spent 10K. Everyone else spends 8500.

Neil

#578 7 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

What an awesome stream with an awesome group of pinheads.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by!
Here is the YouTube vid!
» YouTube video

Thanks for the stream, was fun to watch. I know you are emphasizing on the fact that the machine was a prototype, but why would they use a prototype for this stream as they are delivering production machines ? It just does not make sense to me if they would. Seems to me they would rather have this showing go flawless but instead it broke down about every game. Just makes no sense.

My opinion about the game as it is now is that there is a lot of repetition on the LCD and no callouts whatsoever except the two lines at the start of multiball. I agree with the post above that not much seems to go on on the playfield that is much different from BDK. I also noticed they even used the same art of the villains again on the LCD, just as on about every side of the LE and on the playfield. Looks a bit thrown together.

I expected really a lot from this machine but for me it is just another Stern. Was hoping this title would put the extra's found on Star Trek LE or GoT LE to shame (siderails, full RGB etc), but it just does not. The gameplay is on the playfield and in that respect BM66 does not deliver and the LCD does not compensate enough as far as I can tell from the videos. Will have to play it to confirm this.

#579 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Just loving the stupidity of everyone saying people spend 15K. No, 80 people spent that. 240 spent 10K. Everyone else spends 8500.
Neil

You said earlier that they wanted to sell you a SLE, so did they indeed sell them all ?? How can they offer you this if they are all sold ?

#580 7 years ago

Does the 15k SLE BM66 offer anything to the playfield over the 8k BM 66? Or is it 7k for cosmetics?

#581 7 years ago

All cosmetics and the topper

#582 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

why would they use a prototype for this stream as they are delivering production machines

They said on stream that every production playfield they currently have is already purchased and accounted for. They can't just take someone's game and use it.

#583 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

They said on stream that every production playfield they currently have is already purchased and accounted for. They can't just take someone's game and use it.

considering the game is "late", and there was a rush to get as many games as they could out for the holidays, this seems logical and respectful of their customers.

The reality is people have had BM66s arriving the past week or 2 and we're not hearing the same issues (pulling glass every game), so a prototype is a prototype. Possibly they thought their prototype would hold up better than it did.

Since actual customers aren't complaining, I'm taking George at his word.

#584 7 years ago

So if there is truly 80 production SLE BM 66 produced at 7k over the 8k model. In Gorilla math that accounts for $560,000 going Stearns way for a topper and a few cosmetic pieces. Obviously minus the cost of the topper and a few cosmetic pieces .

Hmmmm?

#585 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

considering the game is "late", and there was a rush to get as many games as they could out for the holidays, this seems logical and respectful of their customers.

But it doesn't fit the narrative of the haters.

#586 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Neil

Wow, you just tried to normalize an 8500 dollar Premium? While saying other people are expressing stupidity? That's crazy man. Sure, the 15k is the lightning rod, but the 8.5k PrOmium is just as stupid.

#587 7 years ago

Game looks and flows great, but no way will I pay $8500. Sorry Stern, you crossed the pricing line and I am not buying........HUO for this Batman from now on.

#588 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

So if there is truly 80 production SLE BM 66 produced at 7k over the 8k model. In Gorilla math that accounts for $560,000 going Stearns way for a topper and a few cosmetic pieces. Obviously minus the cost of the topper and a few cosmetic pieces .
Hmmmm?

So what does this all mean? Sterns making a killing? Good for them and Happy New Year!

#589 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hmmmm?

We don't have to like the pricing but at the end of the day it's business and making money is part of keeping a business alive.

If every future stern release was at BM66 pricing there would be big problems but if they are going to release 2 or 3 regular titles plus a boutique (BM66) and a studio title (WNBJM) then at least they are offering up a lot of NIB choices.

#590 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Does the 15k SLE BM66 offer anything to the playfield over the 8k BM 66? Or is it 7k for cosmetics?

It's cosmetic (pinstripping on cabinet armour, foil cabinet decals, supposedly a personalised audio clip) other than the cost is in the rarity and limited number of the SLE. Some people find rarity/exclusivity a big enough draw, personally I wanted the LE for the cabinet art and translite as I felt it was the best looking art package and best value of the 3 models.

#591 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Game looks and flows great, but no way will I pay $8500. Sorry Stern, you crossed the pricing line and I am not buying........HUO for the Batman from now on.

Isnt that the full MSRP price? Won't street price for premium be closer to 7000-7500?

#592 7 years ago

The bickering in this thread is more entertaining than the actual game is at this point.

#593 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The bickering in this thread is more entertaining than the actual game is at this point.

No more bickering in this thread than any other, once Aerosmith is revealed the bickering will just move from here to there, it's just with BM66 the bickering has been pretty much 95% pricing and 5% bitching about the flow, which BDK was never known for its flow in the first place in fact the exact opposite, BM66 definitely makes it a lot faster in the flow department those ramp shot returns are lighting fast

#594 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Isnt that the full MSRP price? Won't street price for premium be closer to 7000-7500?

Great Question, but at $7500, I would be out as well.

#595 7 years ago

This thread is bringing out A LOT of hate.....come to think of it, most any "New From Stern..." thread brings out a lot of hate.

#596 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No more bickering in this thread than any other...

It's definitely worse now. Pinside is even more of a free-for-all. So much negativity, usually dominated by the same group of people, and this appears to be the new normal.

Next NIB machine I expect to buy I will literally avoid reading every thread on Pinside about it, except the club thread. This place seriously sucks the enjoyment out of new pinball in a big way.

At least I have enjoyed the owners reporting back on their first experiences. Even if I'm not interested in the machine because of the theme.

#597 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

This place seriously sucks the enjoyment out of new pinball in a big way

Its fine to me, to read different opinions on a game.
It doesnt bother me when someone enjoys a new game and shares why, or someone doesnt and shares why.

What bothers me, is when someone doesnt like a game, they repeatedly go to every thread over several months,
and say it "sucks" because they know best...a better "opinion" than someone else.

Share the positive, without repetition, is OK, constantly bashing a new game over and over and over, makes me wish
I could block that person, just in that thread.

I fail to understand why an individual who doesnt like a game goes out of their way to convince others they are wrong in their
personal joy, and should join them in their hate.

Then again almost anything on the internet is being sucked of joy, as the obscure and negative have great joy in shouting the loudest, and the most frequently, while the positives shake their heads and hide a bit, because a discussion is not possible,
as the negative resorts to personal attacks and defensive drama.

If this is "you" and you read this, about 2 dozen phone conversations over the Holidays, with fellow Pinsiders bares this out.
The overwhelming thought is, "I dont post or get involved as much, because its not worth the stress and time to fight
all the negative bombardment. They are tired of being told, "get tougher skin", as opposed to this side hearing, "how about trying to be nice", or "share your negative perspective, once or twice", not over and over and over.

Im draining threads now simply because of a few people that drone on about why a game I like, "Sucks", and I must agree with them....everyone must agree with them, because its over and over again.

#598 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Its fine to me, to read different opinions on a game.
It doesnt bother me when someone enjoys a new game and shares why, or someone doesnt and shares why.
What bothers me, is when someone doesnt like a game, they repeatedly go to every thread over several months,
and say it "sucks" because they know best...a better "opinion" than someone else.
Share the positive, without repetition, is OK, constantly bashing a new game over and over and over, makes me wish
I could block that person, just in that thread.
I fail to understand why an individual who doesnt like a game goes out of their way to convince others they are wrong in their
personal joy, and should join them in their hate.
Then again almost anything on the internet is being sucked of joy, as the obscure and negative have great joy in shouting the loudest, and the most frequently, while the positives shake their heads and hide a bit, because a discussion is not possible,
as the negative resorts to personal attacks and defensive drama.
If this is "you" and you read this, about 2 dozen phone conversations over the Holidays, with fellow Pinsiders bares this out.
The overwhelming thought is, "I dont post or get involved as much, because its not worth the stress and time to fight
all the negative bombardment. They are tired of being told, "get tougher skin", as opposed to this side hearing, "how about trying to be nice", or "share your negative perspective, once or twice", not over and over and over.
Im draining threads now simply because of a few people that drone on about why a game I like, "Sucks", and I must agree with them....everyone must agree with them, because its over and over again.

Good post. I think some people just enjoy arguing; it is their own form of a hobby. I know people who specifically switch views on various topics, not just pinball, just to engage in a spar.

Happy New Year!

#599 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Next NIB machine I expect to buy I will literally avoid reading every thread on Pinside about it, except the club thread. This place seriously sucks the enjoyment out of new pinball in a big way.

I'm in for a BM66 LE and the bickering hasn't made me enjoy it arriving any less, in fact I love the haters because they help you keep a level head, some of the negative stuff I actually agree with but I'm still super excited as I enjoyed my BDK and I see BM66 as an improved BDK so that's good enough for me, so I like hearing the positives from people that like the game/buying to the people who won't buy and think it sucks and why.

#600 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I think some people just enjoy arguing;

I'm really irritated that you said that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.