20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 47.
#2252 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

the ratings are pretty much a joke

see you don't like Tron, you'd have it dead last if not for DI.

Theme is a small piece of the rating system, there are like 20 categories and Theme is just one, and really doesn't ask you if you like the theme, it asks if the pin is well integrated with the theme. Theme = mood, music, call outs, art sound effects. All this Tron pinball aces in the theme category it's like 5/5.

I rate the pins in every category such as sound, rules, layout, lighting, theme, toys etc...

#2253 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

see you don't like Tron, you'd have it dead last if not for DI.
Theme is a small piece of the rating system, there are like 20 categories and Theme is just one, and really doesn't ask you if you like the theme, it asks if the pin is well integrated with the theme. Theme = mood, music, call outs, art sound effects. All this Tron pinball aces in the theme category it's like 5/5.
I rate the pins in every category such as sound, rules, layout, lighting, theme, toys etc...

Never did like Tron either. Bias against theme but I also have only played it on location. Obviously a lot of people love it

#2254 7 years ago

I played a few games on BM66 in the wild. The field was quite pock-marked. (Large dimples) There are 2 ways to serve the ball, sometimes the machine suggests to you how to serve it, plunger or button. One way does not reach the upper playfield pops, I forget which one, plunger maybe? That seems like a rare feature. The screen and playing 1966 episodes seems fresh but years from now it won't. The spinning toy seems kind of cheap. I do like the crane, it reminds me of Junk Yard. (I never played BDK) The art is appropriate, I do not remember much about the callouts. Is there a ball saving feature, a plunger appears in the outlane to put the ball back in play? Sorry I played many machines and cannot remember if that feature was on BM66 or not. George Gomez said that it was the first true bluetooth or net connectable pin I believe but I did not experience that part of the game. Overall, the machine is just ok.

#2255 7 years ago

TBL must be a better game. That thread seems way more active than this one.

#2256 7 years ago

Watching some gameplay vids, how many different Gotham City intros are coded into the game currently? I am watching through the entire series on blu ray and there seems to be a different intro "on a sunny day in Gotham City" for every episode, would be nice to have a good amount of these included in future code to minimise repeating clips.

#2257 7 years ago

Got to play one in Vegas last month and wasn't impressed with the game. Couldn't get into it.

#2258 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Watching some gameplay vids, how many different Gotham City intros are coded into the game currently? I am watching through the entire series on blu ray and there seems to be a different intro "on a sunny day in Gotham City" for every episode, would be nice to have a good amount of these included in future code to minimise repeating clips.

If you look at the callouts in Pinball Browser you can dee there a lot if different "Its a <fill in the blank> day in Gotham city". Sometimes its hot, cold, stormy, etc. So the game will randomly play a different one each time.

I wonder who they got for the narrator voice, he's a dead ringer for the original narrator, William Dozier.

#2259 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Never did like Tron either. Bias against theme but I also have only played it on location. Obviously a lot of people love it

Yea ive never cared for it at all eaither...

#2260 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea ive never cared for it at all eaither...

This edit hurts my eyes

#2261 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'd prefer the moniker "funnier than most".

I don't know about that. Ralph Malph was quite the comedian.

As far as BM66, I've set the GC score on 3 different machines in the wild now and just think it is lacking. That lazy Susan is just plain lame. Game is way to easy. Doesn't feel like a Stern. I think it has longer ball times than Hobbit.

[att=3682437,866341

#2262 7 years ago

It's def on the easier and longer ball time side

#2263 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

This edit hurts my eyes

Whoops lol.....

#2264 7 years ago

I suspect the scores will eventually stabilize to the lower side, as the game is very comfortable to get around. I also think the rotisserie becomes a major part of the game, and far from boring, once the Villains get on the screen and interact.

Think this will always be a fun, beautiful pin, and easy on the nerves. I'll never sell my TRONLE or IM, but they have a different appeal. While BM66 brings a nice smile to my face every time I play it, both TRON and IM are short, brutal games, which make me create new profanities every time I play them.

Probably one of the reasons I like BM66 so much....SM and WOZ are looong games, TRON and IM short, BM66 " just right" in between. Perfect fit for me.

#2265 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I suspect the scores will eventually stabilize to the lower side, as the game is very comfortable to get around. I also think the rotisserie becomes a major part of the game, and far from boring, once the Villains get on the screen and interact.

The software will have to be optimized to "hide" the stupid constant waiting for it to rotate into position to accept ball locks (maybe using virtual locks while it's out of position). When the dumb phone rings and I have the locks lit it's nothing but annoyance while you wait for the phone, then wait for it to rotate back so you can lock balls again. The lazy susan doesn't really add anything at all to the play experience currently, and is mostly an annoyance that slows down game progression.

#2266 7 years ago

Game play is just so-so for me, but love the theme and feel they did a great job with it.

#2267 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The software will have to be optimized to "hide" the stupid constant waiting for it to rotate into position to accept ball locks (maybe using virtual locks while it's out of position). When the dumb phone rings and I have the locks lit it's nothing but annoyance while you wait for the phone, then wait for it to rotate back so you can lock balls again. The lazy susan doesn't really add anything at all to the play experience currently, and is mostly an annoyance that slows down game progression.

The virtual locks definitely help, and have to believe the rotisserie will be sped up w future code to get the phone in position quicker. Hoping there will be eventual modes that brings the tv into play more, maybe timed to hit the targets underneath to quiet the taunting, and contribute to game progress ( nothing to prevent coding to have a villain trigger a magnet grab to punish you for trying to knock him out, as well.. It has 3 stops, and currently only one ( phone) actually tie directly into a noticeable mode progression. No way Lyman leaves it that way. The bat mobile spinner is sort of just a random toy...it's definitely going to fit into something.

I'm actually shocked how fun it is to play with such early code. The rotisserie ( think I'll change my reference to " large turntable" moving forward) is a long way from being implemented totally....of this, I'm sure

#2268 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think this game will be known for what you don't shoot as much as what shots you take. Kind of like trying to avoid bringing Iron Monger up a second time in IM when you're on your last ball and just need War Machine or Bogey Ramps for Jericho. In BM66 I frequently have Penguin in jail and shoot Riddler to get the Batphone ringing, when the ball drops into the scoop randomly. Then the call switches back to Penguin, so at that point I don't want to answer the phone and have to avoid that area for a bit, which is actually harder than it sounds. It's the same with an inadvertant shot ruining locking balls for a while. This isn't a good game to flail about and will require pausing and reasoning out shots more than usual. If minor villains and gadgets expand that play, I think that may be one of the attractions of BM66 when completed. This will never be a classic flow game and that will probably turn off fans who prefer that type of play.

#2269 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

In BM66 I frequently have Penguin in jail and shoot Riddler to get the Batphone ringing, when the ball drops into the scoop randomly.

The WORST thing about this currently is when you have locks lit for the right orbit and have maybe one ball in the lock, then you HIT the orbit and the ball goes in the ball lock, BUT you activated Riddler, so it spins around and dumps the locked balls, not realizing it's dumped two, and you lose one ball and it goes dead thinking ball over. Been that way for the last two updates and it's REALLY annoying.

#2270 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The WORST thing about this currently is when you have locks lit for the right orbit and have maybe one ball in the lock, then you HIT the orbit and the ball goes in the ball lock, BUT you activated Riddler, so it spins around and dumps the locked balls, not realizing it's dumped two, and you lose one ball and it goes dead thinking ball over. Been that way for the last two updates and it's REALLY annoying.

I don't have that happen on mine as I can't start another villain until jackpot is collected on the last villain at which time the locks become no longer lit. Unless you are playing with the villains stacked setting. I tried that for about one game and it was enough.

#2271 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't have that happen on mine as I can't start another villain until jackpot is collected on the last villain at which time the locks become no longer lit. Unless you are playing with the villains stacked setting. I tried that for about one game and it was enough.

Yeah, I have villain stacking on.

#2272 7 years ago

I tried it once and it was silly.

#2273 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I tried it once and it was silly.

I wondered wtf was going on.

Time to unstack till future updates

#2274 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I have villain stacking on.

Ah, I was wondering why I hadn't had that happen yet. I'd like a setting so that the game randomly chose between stacking or not each time you play.

#2275 7 years ago

Hopefully Lyman sorts out the bugs, stacking a mode with a multiball is one of my favourite things to aim for and only being an average/ok player helps in completing modes.

#2276 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I wondered wtf was going on.
Time to unstack till future updates

Yep...figured that out pretty quick. Unstack, until later code, and the virtual, along with real locks work fine...this way you can still pursue villain modes, but doesn't screw w mb

#2277 7 years ago

So now I've played an LE and a Premium, about 50 games total, on the latest software.

My opinion remains unchanged from before - the game is clunky, with a ton of dead shots around the turntable, the left orbit tends to rattle the ball eating up momentum, the left ramp flexes a lot and isn't smooth. The batmobile spinner thing rarely turns more than one or two times even on a good shot, which is disappointing. No amount of software is going to fix those issues as they're physical, and present on the two machines I've played.

Just not seeing the value in this game, other than looks. It's a looker for sure.

#2278 7 years ago

I won't even try to convince someone else to like the shots and layout on Batman.

But there are a lot of shots and the ramps are two of the fastest, most satisfying ramps in a long time. Left orbit, when skillfully hit makes it around the bend lickety split. The right orbit comes around so fast, you better be on your toes when it comes back at you. As far as the turntable is concerned, it gives a multitude of different targets to hit depending on which way its positioned in a relatively small area of real estate.

#2279 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hopefully Lyman sorts out the bugs, stacking a mode with a multiball is one of my favourite things to aim for and only being an average/ok player helps in completing modes.

There are no problems with stacking a villain mode with multiball. What vireland is referring to is an option where you can stack multiple villains before starting them. This option may be a little buggy and is why it's a menu option and not default.

#2280 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There are no problems with stacking a villain mode with multiball. What vireland is referring to is an option where you can stack multiple villains before starting them. This option may be a little buggy and is why it's a menu option and not default.

Thanks for the clarification, pretty sure Lyman will sort that out in future updates though, would give us a few different ways to approach/play the game which is always better imo than a linear game where you must do the same things in the same order each game

#2281 7 years ago

Sorry J Dub, it's might be a lot of things but it ain't clunky and the left flexes zero on my pin

Even though the code semi blows at this point it's still a LOT of fun!

Just put up another 3.4 bill game

#2282 7 years ago

I'm thinking it should take more than one target shot to lite the locks during a villain mode. I'm going to look in the settings and see if I can adjust it so it takes hitting both targets to do that. When I get around to it.

#2283 7 years ago

Wanted to love it, one game I moved onto Areosmith and loved it.

#2284 7 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Wanted to love it, one game I moved onto Areosmith and loved it.

I understand !

#2285 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I understand !

Good thing you have your DI LE on order which will be 100% great according to you

Seriously, happy for you but you and the other one game quarter droppers are missing out!

FYI, 2500 of anything does not qualify for "LE"

#2286 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That's what I was referring to in the menu options.....in " normal" stacking, no issues

#2287 7 years ago

Just played one this weekend at the pinball wizard in NH. Such a great game!! couldn't stop dumping quarters into the game. I wish i could afford it but until then i guess i will have to make the trek down to play it.

#2288 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Good thing you have your DI LE on order which will be 100% great according to you
Seriously, happy for you but you and the other one game quarter droppers are missing out!

Yeah, you got me iceman44 with my role of "quarters" ..

"One trick pony" I have 44 quarters on iceman...

#2289 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Yeah, you got me iceman44 with my role of "quarters" ..
"One trick pony" I have 44 quarters on iceman...

We are on same wavelength my man. Love our Woz but I tried to love DI too and just can't A roll of quarters couldn't convince me

#2290 7 years ago

Is that a roll of quarters in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me.

#2291 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

FYI a Pro, called a Premium and priced as one, isn't a Premium.

#2292 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is that a roll of quarters in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me.

Happy to see ya!! Lol

#2293 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We are on same wavelength my man. Love our Woz but I tried to love DI too and just can't A roll of quarters couldn't convince me

It's all good iceman44 !! To each his own! It is a great time for pinball!

#2294 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

FYI a Pro, called a Premium and priced as one, isn't a Premium.

I'm confused

#2295 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It's all good iceman44 !! To each his own! It is a great time for pinball!

100% agreement on that Frankie!!!

#2296 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It is a great time for pinball!

Not really. The reason I bought Batman is I wanted a new game with a modern theme I could relate to. Once I looked at all the options out there I realized it would have to be an old theme I could relate to.

If I had to hear those same Aerosmith songs over and over again, surely I would have taken a sledgehammer to the machine. And that dude with the cell phone? I think not. Forget Aliens. Don't want it.

So I played Batman and liked the shots and the music so I took it.

#2297 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not really. The reason I bought Batman is I wanted a new game with a modern theme I could relate to. Once I looked at all the options out there I realized it would have to be an old theme I could relate to.
If I had to hear those same Aerosmith songs over and over again, surely I would have taken a sledgehammer to the machine. And that dude with the cell phone? I think not. Forget Aliens. Don't want it.
So I played Batman and liked the shots and the music so I took it.

However, at least you have choices. That hasn't always been the case.

#2298 7 years ago

In the NIB market that is.

#2299 7 years ago

Yeah, but the choices mostly suck. Especially for how much they cost now.

In other words Batman theme wise was the only choice I had...

#2300 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Especially for how much they cost now.

Well BM66 isn't helping with that at all. Pros labeled and priced as a Premium come on give me a break Stern. Not to mention the continued trend of Stern to cheapen build quality while raising prices on all models.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.