IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 7 years ago

I think it looks really cool. I'm not sure how many plays it would take to never want to watch Batman again, but I look forward to giving it a whirl.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Merry xmas whiners! Lumps of coal for you in your stockings.

Xmas has arrived early in pinsideland.

coal-in-christmas-stocking (resized).jpgcoal-in-christmas-stocking (resized).jpg

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Can someone explain to me how the crane comes into play with the '66 series?

Crane (resized).jpgCrane (resized).jpg

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Where is a more affordable Pro version for the masses to buy?

Tell you what. I'll customize one into a pro and then we can talk trade for one of those LEs you've got.

#181 7 years ago

Joker should be riding that crane, but whatever.

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

In pinball manufacturing industry the term is called "retheme".

So there is hope for a VE.

retheme (resized).jpgretheme (resized).jpg

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What I thought was cool in the 60s just seems annoying to me now.

So no Woodstock pin for you? What a buzzkill.

#442 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But I will take a Beatles pin. Still not annoying.

The Beatles were great. But you have to wonder how much pinball could screw up their legacy 50 years later. Ringo on a stick anyone?

I guess I prefer they stick with these minor league bands they've been doing the last few years.

#445 7 years ago

When it first aired it was called Batman.

Route 66 was an entirely different show.

2 weeks later
#1273 7 years ago

I like it.

#1278 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You like dimples?

where's vid when you need him?

#1287 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

HOLY NEW BATCODE!

Just in time I'd say! Hooray!!!!

#1319 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

This is what I would call normal dimpling.

For those that think dimpling is because a steel ball is harder than wood, lift the playfield and strike the un-clearcoated wood underneath with a ball and see if it dimples there. It might surprise you.

#1446 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Dent is less noticeable, but still there. Probably due to lack of clear, which I would imagine, enhances any dents.

I didn't get any dimples on the back of my playfield when I hit it sharply with a ball, which begs the question- is the layer on the bottom of my playfield supposed to the the one on top?

I still believe the clearcoat is not hard enough as I can drop a ball on my HSA cleared Skateball and it is still smooth as glass.

#1451 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If only all PF's were HSA cleared right? I don't understand why guys like Vid say its the wood and not the clear? I don't get it either.

I really don't have the answer, but some might say having dimpling at least isn't as bad as having ghosting.

#1453 7 years ago

My plan is to play it until all dimples are in place and then send the playfield out and have it properly clear coated by an expert.

I'll have it all back together and ready to play before the final code drops.

2 weeks later
#1687 7 years ago

I'm not much of a complainer. My Batman works great! No problems at all. This ones going to be all broken in by the time we get some real code.

#1690 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

SuperBowl Weekend, Right? Friday Night!!!

I think it's Saturday. Maybe.

#1694 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You lucky bastard! That's ok, RD tore up your house so you deserve a break with that pin Odiner.

It's hit or miss with these new games for sure. But I was lucky to find one all set up and playing before I opened my wallet. After the initial "I've got to sell this piece of shit!" wore off, I've kind of warmed up to it and I think I'll give it a chance and see how code matures. I mean, it has to get better. People like to play it and in my arcade that's what matters most.

#1779 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

My condolences to any who have purchased this game

Thanks for your condolences, but I have had no problem at all with my Batman, and it is getting lots of play despite the beta code.

But I appreciate you feeling sorry for me just the same. I owe you one.

#1800 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Dude I saw you were selling your BM66 a long time ago - no one wanted to make an offer or did u decide to keep it after all?

It was one of those second thought moments. I had just picked it up and realized I was at max capacity and it was a lot of money to have tied up in one machine even though just a premium.

But after realizing I got a good one without any of the problems others are having and it getting more play than a lot of my other games, I decided to let it ride and see where the code takes us. No regrets as I love the music and the video shots of old Gotham City with all the old cars are classic. Fun game to shoot too.

It was a pretty big hit at yesterday's football party as well. Can't argue with that.

#1803 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

B66 is freakin awesome.

Pretty much. I'm not sure what else to expect from a state of the art pinball machine. It's got just the right amount of stuff without being clustered full of junk. And plenty of charm to go with it. I'm guessing once code matures there will be plenty of demand for this table.

I like a game with plenty of long shots and this one fits the bill.

#1806 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Right on man ! Glad you are enjoying it and got a good one!

Thanks! I always get a little nervous about big purchases as I'm not really made of money. But if I own it long enough and play it enough, I'll feel I got money's worth even if I have to sell it at a slight loss later on. No big deal. So far it's getting lots of play. It's pretty darn cool.

The music is what sold me on it, and I haven't found any other recent machine with as good a soundtrack as this one has, and I'm sure there will be more tunes implemented as code develops.

#1816 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

funny how none of the rich guys are jumping on the le's that are for sale in the market.

I don't see that BBB or some of the other higher end games for sale flying off the shelf right now either. Glad I got a premium as I really don't need all that other stuff that has nothing to do with gameplay. Don't need any of it.

#1823 7 years ago

My 18 year old daughter who is a darn good pinball player came up a week ago and played Batman. She doesn't really care much for the newer games but couldn't stop pressing the start button. I told her she used to watch the show with me when she was little but she didn't really remember it. But she thinks this machine is cool as cool gets. And I agree.

#1833 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf, I thought Rob was never gonna get rid of that MB!

I hope he's not thinking about trying to buy my Batman just yet.

#1835 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking its a keeper for you Odin. Especially if your 18 yr old really likes it! Rob is gonna try and scoop it up when the code is done, don't let him.

I'm thinking you might be right. I traded my Ripley's in on it and as good a game as that was, this one is way more fun to play. And the music won't drive me to selling it like METLE did.

I get to be one of the cool kids now and ride the Lyman Sheats update train!

#1837 7 years ago

Funny, I had considered offering RobbieT my Batman if I was to end up with his Monster Bash as part of the deal. Well, I guess it's too late for that now!

#1840 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Sorry brother !!! You are welcome to come play it some time ! I'll have u guys over sometime

Thanks! That sounds pretty cool. So what, did Rob end up with your GB?

#1843 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I told him he could have it for free and he told me he didn't have any room for more junk

lol! He thinks he's making room for my BSD. He better find an alternative plan.

#1879 7 years ago

Man! I must have the only Batman that works perfect. $20k by x-mas!

#1895 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No you are just hearing from the whiners and complainers in the extreme minority
You know, the impatient crew that expected a fully coded game from day one
Everybody else is having a blast with pin

And some seem to have forgotten what this pin was all about in the first place.

tumblr_naf5qd04o01tijkw9o6_1280 (resized).jpgtumblr_naf5qd04o01tijkw9o6_1280 (resized).jpg

#1898 7 years ago

It's probably a distant memory now how crappy Metallica was on release with it's malfunctioning hammer magnet... and code that wasn't much better than this ones.

#1900 7 years ago

My guess is Lyman plays the game, and writes code as he goes. If it's not good enough for him, he's not done. And it won't be done until he is satisfied. That seems to be the way it goes with everything he works on.

#1915 7 years ago

That AFMr that's coming in five years is gonna seem like a deal at 10k!

#1928 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Gary literally squatted, and shit out a BM66LE into a box and they put a shipping label on it addressed to Iceman.

1jcdhd (resized).jpg1jcdhd (resized).jpg

#1932 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

But all of us here would probably be buddies in person.

barfly (resized).jpgbarfly (resized).jpg

#1937 7 years ago

Kicking ass on Batman.

DSCN5267 (resized).JPGDSCN5267 (resized).JPG

#2051 7 years ago

Batman has more shots than Bonnie and Clyde's car. And I like that. Most of them being long shots with no obstructions in the middle of the playfield. Except the crane which when activated adds several more shots.

#2058 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How do you rate a pin 4.7 never having even played the F ing pin?

It's easy. You watch a crappy player on one of those streaming pod things and that is all you need.

It will help average out the inflated ratings by those trying to jack up the prices and sell their games.

#2066 7 years ago

The crew I hang with present our ratings of Batman.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#2070 7 years ago

I honestly don't care how anybody else rates a game I own or like. They don't faze me one bit. I don't give a shit about the pinside rating system anyway. You've got mostly people that grew up on video games ranking pinball games now. Their opinions mean nothing to me and I don't care how they jack the rankings or the ratings. It's a fools game run by fools.

As long as it's getting lots of play at my house, it will usually stick around for a while. Everybody that comes over keeps on playing it and can not seem to get enough. Not worried about code either as I know who's working on it. In it's bare bones code state the way is now it is still a great shooting game with good flow. State of the art.

#2086 7 years ago

afddcb0cc8a8b288f4df8ec0a8c0f38e0764d99541202d3e299dc4e1f082411b (resized).jpgafddcb0cc8a8b288f4df8ec0a8c0f38e0764d99541202d3e299dc4e1f082411b (resized).jpg

#2089 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Bump o-din,and the more you play it,it draws you in!!Once you understand (I don't) HOW to shoot the targets,and when,It gets real crazy! Seems,the harder you play,the faster things go! What's Your Impression??

#2098 7 years ago

Best part of all, you actually possess the machine!

#2100 7 years ago

Amen brother! Considering some of the other developments today, there is a lot to be said for that.

#2104 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Iceman, did you swap the blue rubber on your left ramp?

Who'd want to do that?!

#2106 7 years ago

Nimblepin just called and is coming on over. I bet he wants to play a new game that actually exists.

Well come on down buddy! Batman is the only game in town.

#2108 7 years ago

We are both in agreement. Moving that pad on the left ramp is for pussies.

#2110 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

People are buying pins that cost nearly three times of a normal pin without ever playing it...

I'd never do that. I got my Batman at a fire sale. And got to play it first!

1 month later
#2242 6 years ago

I don't need to justify my enjoyment of this game to anybody. The amount it cost me should be evidence enough though.

#2245 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

(glad you changed your avatar....my headaches going away....)

I changed it in honor of the upcoming Fast and Furious pinball machine. I'll put it next to my Batman so people won't get the impression I'm just some old fart with old fart pinball themes.

#2248 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yet you attack people who don't like B66 and accuse them of having not played it or having not played it enough. In my case, you outright called me a liar for stating my opinion on the game

You attack me all the time because you don't like my opinion, so what's the difference?

#2250 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

What I don't like is how you intentionally troll pretty much every thread on Pinside with an "I'm smarter than you" attitude.

If stating facts is pretending to be smarter than everybody, then call me guilty. I'd prefer the moniker "funnier than most".

#2255 6 years ago

TBL must be a better game. That thread seems way more active than this one.

#2270 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The WORST thing about this currently is when you have locks lit for the right orbit and have maybe one ball in the lock, then you HIT the orbit and the ball goes in the ball lock, BUT you activated Riddler, so it spins around and dumps the locked balls, not realizing it's dumped two, and you lose one ball and it goes dead thinking ball over. Been that way for the last two updates and it's REALLY annoying.

I don't have that happen on mine as I can't start another villain until jackpot is collected on the last villain at which time the locks become no longer lit. Unless you are playing with the villains stacked setting. I tried that for about one game and it was enough.

#2272 6 years ago

I tried it once and it was silly.

#2278 6 years ago

I won't even try to convince someone else to like the shots and layout on Batman.

But there are a lot of shots and the ramps are two of the fastest, most satisfying ramps in a long time. Left orbit, when skillfully hit makes it around the bend lickety split. The right orbit comes around so fast, you better be on your toes when it comes back at you. As far as the turntable is concerned, it gives a multitude of different targets to hit depending on which way its positioned in a relatively small area of real estate.

#2282 6 years ago

I'm thinking it should take more than one target shot to lite the locks during a villain mode. I'm going to look in the settings and see if I can adjust it so it takes hitting both targets to do that. When I get around to it.

#2290 6 years ago

Is that a roll of quarters in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me.

#2296 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It is a great time for pinball!

Not really. The reason I bought Batman is I wanted a new game with a modern theme I could relate to. Once I looked at all the options out there I realized it would have to be an old theme I could relate to.

If I had to hear those same Aerosmith songs over and over again, surely I would have taken a sledgehammer to the machine. And that dude with the cell phone? I think not. Forget Aliens. Don't want it.

So I played Batman and liked the shots and the music so I took it.

#2299 6 years ago

Yeah, but the choices mostly suck. Especially for how much they cost now.

In other words Batman theme wise was the only choice I had...

#2302 6 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Well BM66 isn't helping with that at all.

Not at all. Luckily I was able to trade in my Ripley's on the deal so it wasn't a bank breaker.

I'm an adrenaline junky at heart, and at one time it seems there were pinball themes that fit the bill. Now it seems the industry wants to make games for nerdy types that grew up playing video games and worked at Blockbuster.

#2304 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

the LeBaron only goes out on Sundays

Is that you Ricardo?

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

Edit- We've got as many choices in pinball now as the car industry gave us in 1982.

#2307 6 years ago

Perhaps one of our other models might interest you.

5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg

#2309 6 years ago

When I put these glasses on,

They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpgThey-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg

this is what I see when I go looking at the latest pinball machines.
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpgcardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg

#2312 6 years ago

I'm glad you think it's funny, but now I grow fatigued.

123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg

#2315 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It will take a masterful effort on his part to save this game.

#2319 6 years ago

I just played batman. You can get multiple multiballs during each villain mode. Now I'm trying to figure out if it's too late to scrap star wars and go with fast and furious instead.

#2325 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Is this pin stereo? Has to be yes?

I think so. And it's got some of the groovenest music you ever heard on any pinball machine.

#2329 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

ALL of these high priced pins are gonna take a hit.

Does that mean we can no longer own these games and enjoy them for a year or two for free? Or even make a profit on them?

Why, I'm shocked and appalled at that very notion.

#2333 6 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

no body wants one for all the reasons most people are talking about in this thread.

Noone wants one!

#2336 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But like Odin said, it won't be a tragedy if I ever sell any of them and have to take a big hit.

Backglass (resized).jpgBackglass (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.