20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 47.
#901 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Are you talking about the saucer hole at the very back right of the game? I don't think my ball guide goes over that hole, but will be sure to check in the morning....

MK I will take a picture of it to show you tomorrow.
I may have to dremel the wood to fix

#902 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

My dealer asked Stern specifically - the backbox on the LE is supposed to have Batman and Robin, not Batgirl. The response did not specifically mention the Premium.
My LE will be here Tuesday. I'm hoping the factory screwed up my backbox (!) as I really want the Batgirl art ...

Thanks for the clarification and posting, if I have Batgirl on my LE I'll be calling Stern to get my Batman & Robin decals

#903 7 years ago
Quoted from RocketPin:

this is on the LE. yes the connector is there.

Thanks a lot for the pix! Does anyone know what connector needs to be on the end of bat signal? The one I bought has alligator clips on it. Thanks!

#904 7 years ago

Is it too gluttonous to wish there were some sort of plastic or plastics graphical pieces somewhere in the rear of the game that either lie horizontally flat or vertical giving the rear of the game more of a dimensional depth look like the city plastics in GB. Purely aesthetic for such an expensive machine.

#905 7 years ago

Ok I just played it....for like an hour. Batman,Batman,Batman,Batman...how am I gonna sleep tonight. No really all jokes aside this will also make you think a bit, 66 is like BDK meets Austin Powers, like a mish mash of the two. Playing pinball for an hour is really hard for me cause I'm a chick and I really don't get into the game play/pinball politics... not interested BUT DAMN THIS GAME PLAYS GOOD!!! Totally not a turd thanks to eliminating that stupid teeter totter and the joker canister toy... completely different game I hated BDK even after I stripped one down superbanded/led'd still hated it. This game is awesome NOTHIN BUT LOVe!

#906 7 years ago
Quoted from Musketchick:

This game is awesome NOTHIN BUT LOVe!

Chick love? I love it.

#907 7 years ago

Thundergod I had purchased the Batsignal mod as you I believe. There are two places you can connect at least. One is the connector. The easier way with the alligator clips is to simply pull back a tiny amount of the wiring sheath on the two wires that connect to the Batsignal light on the back wall. It is very simple to access and works like a charm.

#908 7 years ago

IMG_3140 (resized).JPGIMG_3140 (resized).JPG

#909 7 years ago

IMG_3139 (resized).JPGIMG_3139 (resized).JPG

#910 7 years ago

Pretty new to pinball but so far I like the game. We love the Batman theme and the game seems to have a lot of potential once the rules get deepened. Issues so far are quite a bit of pitting on the playfield from flyers off the magnet and a ball that repeatedly gets won't release from the multiball capture. The playfield pitting seems to be significant. Also the magnet tends to throw the ball onto the left plastic which rolls it directly to the left outlane. Hopefully they come up with tweaks to fix the issues.

IMG_3134 (resized).JPGIMG_3134 (resized).JPG

IMG_3136 (resized).JPGIMG_3136 (resized).JPG

IMG_3135 (resized).JPGIMG_3135 (resized).JPG

IMG_3137 (resized).JPGIMG_3137 (resized).JPG

#911 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Thundergod I had purchased the Batsignal mod as you I believe. There are two places you can connect at least. One is the connector. The easier way with the alligator clips is to simply pull back a tiny amount of the wiring sheath on the two wires that connect to the Batsignal light on the back wall. It is very simple to access and works like a charm.

Where does one buy the bat signal mod? Link?

#912 7 years ago

My BM66LE#66 will be here next week.

Maybe its a hidden, batsurprise SLE?

IMG_1556 (resized).JPGIMG_1556 (resized).JPG

#913 7 years ago

I bought mine from Little Shop of Games here on Pinside. Seems to be an exact match for the one included on the SLE. The extra toys seem to be simply Hot Wheels mounted on plexi or wires.

#914 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

I bought mine from Little Shop of Games here on Pinside. Seems to be an exact match for the one included on the SLE. The extra toys seem to be simply Hot Wheels mounted on plexi or wires.

Ditto here, got a little bat spotlight from LSOG. By the way, BM66 LE #91 in the house tonight. It's the "Bat Drone" gadget game. I love it so far. My only initial complaint after just a couple of games is the turntable mechanism turns far too slow. Otherwise, it doesn't seem even remotely like the TDK game from what I recall playing it in the past. Game art, colors, sound, and theme immersion are all awesome. Oh yeah, Batgirl art is on the back box sides. I haven't a clue what I'm doing when I play yet, so maybe I'll have more feedback at some point in the future.

BM66 LE # 91, Bat Drone (resized).JPGBM66 LE # 91, Bat Drone (resized).JPG

BM66 LE #91 Front View (resized).JPGBM66 LE #91 Front View (resized).JPG

BM66 LE Batcard Into the Batmobile (resized).JPGBM66 LE Batcard Into the Batmobile (resized).JPG

#915 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Pretty new to pinball but so far I like the game. We love the Batman theme and the game seems to have a lot of potential once the rules get deepened. Issues so far are quite a bit of pitting on the playfield from flyers off the magnet and a ball that repeatedly gets won't release from the multiball capture. The playfield pitting seems to be significant. Also the magnet tends to throw the ball onto the left plastic which rolls it directly to the left outlane. Hopefully they come up with tweaks to fix the issues.

Welcome to pinball!

Pitting (aka dimpling) is normal. It's most noticeable on a new playfield, but once there's a lot of dimples, it evens out and looks fine. Totally normal.

#916 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Ditto here, got a little bat spotlight from LSOG. By the way, BM66 LE #91 in the house tonight. It's the "Bat Drone" gadget game. I love it so far. My only initial complaint after just a couple of games is the turntable mechanism turns far too slow. Otherwise, it doesn't seem even remotely like the TDK game from what I recall playing it in the past. Game art, colors, sound, and theme immersion are all awesome. Oh yeah, Batgirl art is on the back box sides. I haven't a clue what I'm doing when I play yet, so maybe I'll have more feedback at some point in the future.

Cool bat gadget#91!

I hope to get the Batshark repellent, Batbazooka, Batbomerrang. However, a cool Bat episode is fine.

Im sure the turn table can be modified to spin faster? Or perhaps Stern will update it in the near future with software?

#917 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Cool bat gadget#91!
I hope to get the Batshark repellent, Batbazooka, Batbomerrang. However, a cool Bat episode is fine.
Im sure the turn table can be modified to spin faster? Or perhaps Stern will update it in the near future with software?

Some episodes are cooler than others. Wonder who the lucky recipients will be for the two "Lola Lasagna" episodes staring Ethel Merman?

ethel_lola (resized).jpgethel_lola (resized).jpg

#918 7 years ago

LE#83 setup today. Episode 83 Catwoman goes to College. Really loving the game so far. Has a lot of flow, can't wait for the updates. It is also setup at AYCE Gogi on location if anyone in so cal wants to play it.
Cheers.

IMG_0645 (resized).JPGIMG_0645 (resized).JPG

IMG_0653 (resized).JPGIMG_0653 (resized).JPG

IMG_0651 (resized).JPGIMG_0651 (resized).JPG

#919 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Welcome to pinball!
Pitting (aka dimpling) is normal. It's most noticeable on a new playfield, but once there's a lot of dimples, it evens out and looks fine. Totally normal.

Not always. Just saw a TWDLE on location that looked like the surface of the moon. Location games get more play, so the dimples should have evened out right? Not in this case, it was the worst Stern playfield I've ever seen. A friend had an STLE that also looked like lumpy clay after 100 plays. I had an X-Men that was going the same way. I've also had Sterns with playfields that were just smooth as glass and un-dimple-able (WOF, BDK) and some that dimple a little...but not too much...usually only noticable if you shine an overhead light on it. If someone's brand new $10k-15k Batman is looking like swiss cheese already - that's a problem. There are dimples and there are PITS.

#920 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If someone's brand new $10k-15k Batman is looking like swiss cheese already - that's a problem.

Don't think they were saying it was as bad as swiss cheese...and *generally speaking* it's a normal process that evens out over time.

#921 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't think they were saying it was as bad as swiss cheese...and *generally speaking* it's a normal process that evens out over time.

Not on recent Stern playfields. It's not a given that it will even out. Some are great, some are pretty good, some turn into Deadpool's face.

#922 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not on recent Stern playfields. It's not a given that it will even out. Some are great, some are pretty good, some turn into Deadpool's face.

Aside from the February-October 2016 "lets make cheap playfields" abortions, the Churchill ones (which they're using again) are fine. There are WAY more that are fine than are "swiss cheese" in the big picture. Yes, 2016 was traumatic, but don't blow the playfield thing out of proportion. Stern made a big playfield mistake and I hope they learned their lesson.

#923 7 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

LE#83 setup today. Episode 83 Catwoman goes to College. Really loving the game so far. Has a lot of flow, can't wait for the updates. It is also setup at AYCE Gogi on location if anyone in so cal wants to play it.
Cheers.

Sweet. Gonna have to fight the horrible traffic and make the trip up the 101.

#924 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Sweet. Gonna have to fight the horrible traffic and make the trip up the 101.

19 pins in a Korean BBQ? Where do they PUT them?!?

#925 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Between the Bulgogi and Gochujang pork.

#926 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Between the Bulgogi and Gochujang pork.

Well...that's not kosher.

#927 7 years ago

Thanks for the tip Texas! Pics look great. Hope you're enjoying it.

#928 7 years ago

Question for the SLE owners, how is the pin stripping applied? Guessing it's applied on top of the powder coating and then cleared? Or is it simply applied on top and exposed?

#929 7 years ago

If someone wants a nice poster print by the same artist who did the batman66 pinall art package I'm selling one. Its designed to look like a retro TV guide cover from 1966. All the wrinkles and creases are drawn in the image, the poster itself is nice and flat. Size is 22" x17".

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/43581

20170105_092112 (resized).jpg20170105_092112 (resized).jpg

#930 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Aside from the February-October 2016 "lets make cheap playfields" abortions, the Churchill ones (which they're using again) are fine. There are WAY more that are fine than are "swiss cheese" in the big picture. Yes, 2016 was traumatic, but don't blow the playfield thing out of proportion. Stern made a big playfield mistake and I hope they learned their lesson.

Wrong. TWD, ST, Xmen were not bad 2016 playfields. Churchill isn't perfect.

#931 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's in the bar at the back of the restaurant. A completely separate room. It's an awesome place!

#932 7 years ago

I'm going to add a few pics of the dimpling. It may be tough to see but my Addams Family and other Stern playfields I've seen don't look like this.

IMG_3131 (resized).JPGIMG_3131 (resized).JPG

#933 7 years ago

IMG_3114 (resized).JPGIMG_3114 (resized).JPG

IMG_3115 (resized).JPGIMG_3115 (resized).JPG

#934 7 years ago

Holy dimpling Batman, That sucks.

#935 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

I'm going to add a few pics of the dimpling. It may be tough to see but my Addams Family and other Stern playfields I've seen don't look like this.

Is the dimpling isolated to just that one area on your pf? Either way id call whomever you purchased it from and reach out to Stern support.

#936 7 years ago

Is the dimpling isolated to just that one area on your pf? Either way id call whomever you purchased it from and reach out to Stern support.

The dimpling is over almost the entire middle area of the playfield. Looking at a few more games I don't think this is normal at all. I have reached out to Stern support. We are looking at purchasing a Walking Dead Premium but this is concerning.

#937 7 years ago

Can any other owners SLE or LE weigh in on the condition of their playfields for Texasff78 to compare

#938 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

The dimpling is over almost the entire middle area of the playfield. Looking at a few more games I don't think this is normal at all. I have reached out to Stern support. We are looking at purchasing a Walking Dead Premium but this is concerning.

Id be concerned too.

My LE is suppose to be here next week. Im a little nervous on the build quality after talking to some friends today that feel their machines seem a little....sparse.

How is the rest of your machine?

#939 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Wow, that does indeed seem more like pits than dimples.

What's the date on the edge of your playfield? Are these maybe the "crappy" version playfield vendor that caused all the GB troubles?

#940 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

On your Addams all the dimples were so dense from the thousands of games played that they evened out.

The dimpling is merely more noticeable on a new playfield because they are not as dense until the game has been played a ton.

#941 7 years ago

Texasff78 what's is the production stamp date on your playfield?

#942 7 years ago

Id be concerned too.
My LE is suppose to be here next week. Im a little nervous on the build quality after talking to some friends today that feel their machines seem a little....sparse.
How is the rest of your machine?

There was a slight split in the back cabinet underneath the leg but nothing major. Overall we love the theme. Wish the playfield had a few more gadgets. The shots are fairly narrow and there is a lot of potential for depth in the game with all the villains. Clearly the rules and software is in the beta stage but again I was expecting that. When they get more video and sound clips added I think it will be a blast. I am by no means bashing the game. We wanted it badly and love Batman. At times reading the forums about this game it almost seems like Im watching a rerun of the presidential election. Is it a lot of money for a pinball machine? Absolutely. Is it going to be the greatest game ever? No way. But it is a great looking game, with a top theme, with a lot of gameplay potential. They certainly need to get the quality issues under control though and get everyone their toppers.

#943 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check

#944 7 years ago

The dimpling on my GB Prem doesn't bother me but while the new Stern playfields are beautiful don't they look to be made of a different, softer material. I'm specifcally talking about the Nov gb Prem I have and the BM 66 I played today. The playfields almost look "soft" to my eye and the shine/sheen on them appears different than anything I've seen. Is nobody talking about this? To my eye, I'm not suprised at all that material dimples. But, again, it doesn't bother me

#945 7 years ago

Newer wood is softer and will dimple more easily than older wood. Probably freshly cut.

#946 7 years ago

These dimples look more pronounced and deeper. I wonder what Vid would say about this.

#947 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Newer wood is softer and will simple more easily than older wood. Probably freshly cut.

I don't know. You can see the similar dimples in the magnet core as well.

e783452882031a89ccf26c388bc554421d5e04f2 (resized).jpge783452882031a89ccf26c388bc554421d5e04f2 (resized).jpg

#948 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Newer wood is softer and will simple more easily than older wood. Probably freshly cut.

Are we sure the technology used to clear coat hasn't changed and that the clear coat itself may be forming the dimples??? Again, the recent GB and BM66 playfields have something unique about their look for sure

#949 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Exactly. Makes me think it's the clear being dimpled. That magnet is coated, right?

#950 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Quoted from Cserold:

Exactly. Makes me think it's the clear being dimpled. That magnet is coated, right?

I thought Vid always told us that it was the wood underneath the clear that is what caused the dimpling?

I've never been too sure of that myself.

Then again, that magnet core being clear coated doesn't make sense. It wouldn't be there when they clear the PF.

Those pictures remind me of the dimpling that I had on my X-Men LE. I remember marveling at how incredible that PF looked when it was brand new. The clear coat seemed particularly wet, deep, and thick. After I started playing it, the dimples were more obvious than any pin that I had before or since.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.99
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression/page/19?hl=musketchick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.