IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider texasff78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#907 7 years ago

Thundergod I had purchased the Batsignal mod as you I believe. There are two places you can connect at least. One is the connector. The easier way with the alligator clips is to simply pull back a tiny amount of the wiring sheath on the two wires that connect to the Batsignal light on the back wall. It is very simple to access and works like a charm.

#908 7 years ago

IMG_3140 (resized).JPGIMG_3140 (resized).JPG

#909 7 years ago

IMG_3139 (resized).JPGIMG_3139 (resized).JPG

#910 7 years ago

Pretty new to pinball but so far I like the game. We love the Batman theme and the game seems to have a lot of potential once the rules get deepened. Issues so far are quite a bit of pitting on the playfield from flyers off the magnet and a ball that repeatedly gets won't release from the multiball capture. The playfield pitting seems to be significant. Also the magnet tends to throw the ball onto the left plastic which rolls it directly to the left outlane. Hopefully they come up with tweaks to fix the issues.

IMG_3134 (resized).JPGIMG_3134 (resized).JPG

IMG_3136 (resized).JPGIMG_3136 (resized).JPG

IMG_3135 (resized).JPGIMG_3135 (resized).JPG

IMG_3137 (resized).JPGIMG_3137 (resized).JPG

#913 7 years ago

I bought mine from Little Shop of Games here on Pinside. Seems to be an exact match for the one included on the SLE. The extra toys seem to be simply Hot Wheels mounted on plexi or wires.

#932 7 years ago

I'm going to add a few pics of the dimpling. It may be tough to see but my Addams Family and other Stern playfields I've seen don't look like this.

IMG_3131 (resized).JPGIMG_3131 (resized).JPG

#933 7 years ago

IMG_3114 (resized).JPGIMG_3114 (resized).JPG

IMG_3115 (resized).JPGIMG_3115 (resized).JPG

#936 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Is the dimpling isolated to just that one area on your pf? Either way id call whomever you purchased it from and reach out to Stern support.

The dimpling is over almost the entire middle area of the playfield. Looking at a few more games I don't think this is normal at all. I have reached out to Stern support. We are looking at purchasing a Walking Dead Premium but this is concerning.

#942 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Id be concerned too.
My LE is suppose to be here next week. Im a little nervous on the build quality after talking to some friends today that feel their machines seem a little....sparse.
How is the rest of your machine?

There was a slight split in the back cabinet underneath the leg but nothing major. Overall we love the theme. Wish the playfield had a few more gadgets. The shots are fairly narrow and there is a lot of potential for depth in the game with all the villains. Clearly the rules and software is in the beta stage but again I was expecting that. When they get more video and sound clips added I think it will be a blast. I am by no means bashing the game. We wanted it badly and love Batman. At times reading the forums about this game it almost seems like Im watching a rerun of the presidential election. Is it a lot of money for a pinball machine? Absolutely. Is it going to be the greatest game ever? No way. But it is a great looking game, with a top theme, with a lot of gameplay potential. They certainly need to get the quality issues under control though and get everyone their toppers.

#954 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Texasff78 what's is the production stamp date on your playfield?

Date is Dec 2 2016. I understand that the playfield will even out a little over time but these are not small marks and the distance some of them are from the spots a ball typically jumps means they won't be getting hit often. It is hard to capture in the pics but there are a ton. The way the ball flys up and hits the glass and ramps off the magnet is definitely part of the problem.

IMG_3161 (resized).JPGIMG_3161 (resized).JPG

IMG_3163 (resized).JPGIMG_3163 (resized).JPG

#958 7 years ago

The magnet is not cleared. That is the soft metal dimpling as others have mentioned. Is everyone seeing the same amount of crazy bounces off the magnet hitting the ramps and glass?

#987 7 years ago

Again we are new collectors and do not have a long history of owning games. Also I am not freaking out and know that being an early buyer always is a little risky. But I definitely and not making the dimples worse with the angles. If anything I am having a hard time capturing just how bad it is due to the lighting. I am fairly handily and mechnically inclined and I will assure you these are not going to evenly level out over a reasonable time. Maybe if my family, and their descendants, work shifts around the clock playing it the area right in front of the magnet would somewhat even out before the sun eventually consumes the earth. But the stray dimples that are collecting in front of the crane and other areas there is no way. The magnet should not be that soft in such a high impact area.

#988 7 years ago

I've reached out to Stern by email but have not heard back yet.

#1000 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm in the don't care about dimples camp. I don't see ever being able to wear out my Huo pins.
If I do, that's what micro is for. Problem solved. Less stress that way!
If you think Stern is going to answer dimpling issues when they are having to deal with PF clear defects, serious issues, then you might be disappointed

I do not really see how a playfield that is dimpling very easily caused by flyers coming off the magnet isn't as serious an issue as ghosting or other playfield defect. This game also costs substantially more than others Stern has produced in the past. Again I am not bashing the game we like it. Obviously we were excited to get it and paid well for it. Of course a game is going to show wear over time but for this to happen on the first day is concerning.

Quoted from zucot:

Did you use the stock balls that came with the game? Do they look weird at all?

I am using the stock pinballs that came with the game and they were not damaged at all. Wiped them down before putting them in the game.

#1044 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Magnet is probably one of the stern doods on the line whacking it in with a hammer.

Nope it was perfect when it got here Tuesday. The ball jumps crazy on that magnet.

#1049 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Exactly. Strange for sure. But I bet on many of these of you took a photo with normal light from the players position the dimples wouldn't look the same. But I think the type of wood does make a difference. Where is vid to lend some insight?

These shots were taken from the normal shooters viewpoint with normal lighting. Not close up at all with the glass on.

IMG_3189 (resized).JPGIMG_3189 (resized).JPG
IMG_3193.JPGIMG_3193.JPG

#1051 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

My magnet is fairly gentle at .59 for the LE. What code are you running?

Mine is running .6

#1059 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If your magnet core is higher than the playfield and causing airballs then it needs to be adjusted to be level with the playfield.

It appears to be level with the playfield. The force of the magnet combined with the solid hits that occur on the rotating playfield and ramps seems to be causing the action.

#1076 7 years ago

I checked and the magnet is definitely level with the playing field. Any lower and the ball would catch the wood of the playfield if it rolled across. Also noticed my back cabinet has the wrong decals on both sides. I know that some people had received Batgirl instead of Robin but mine is missing Batman too. Two Batgirls.

IMG_3209.JPGIMG_3209.JPG

IMG_3210.JPGIMG_3210.JPG

#1079 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think two Batgirls is correct for LE based on what everyone else is getting.
On the promo flyers and the prototype games at expo the premium had Batgirl on both sides of head and Batman and Robin on LE head sides. All the shipped LE's and Premiums so far its been switch. LE = Batgirl both sides, Premium = Batman on left and Robin on Right.

Thank you. For some reason I thought I saw someone on the boards saying they got Batman on one side and Batgirl on the other. Anyone know if this was done intentionally or was it simply a mistake on Sterns part?

#1113 7 years ago

I started having the flyers off the left ramp that others have mentioned. Checked the clear plastic and one of the screws had come loose. Found it in the sliding track for the playfield. If you're having a lot of left ramp issues check the screws on both sides of the ramp. Still getting a ton of flyers off the rotating playfield. The magnet is now more dimples than flat space I think.

IMG_3013 (resized).JPGIMG_3013 (resized).JPG

#1117 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You are gonna drive yourself nuts. Stop looking and just have fun playing it.

It isn't like I am down with a magnifying glass staring at them. Just standing there playing it is obvious. Did get a closer look just now when I took the glass off to fix the screw that fell out of the ramp.

1 week later
#1357 7 years ago

Anyone else have the clear starting to chip a little in their shooter lane? Could be dumb luck but the software update seemed to lessen the flyers somewhat. I have noticed the ball getting caught in the left orbit on the wire/zip tie that is on the ramp. After another week there are a ton of dimples. As others have mentioned the gloss definitely brings them out. I recently purchased a BDK from another Pinsider and there are nowhere near the amount of deep marks on that game. Plays completely different and has a lot less flyers than 66.

I finally made contact with Stern and they were receptive and seem willing to work with me on a solution. I am sending more photos and speaking with them again this week.

IMG_3501 (resized).JPGIMG_3501 (resized).JPG
IMG_3510 (resized).JPGIMG_3510 (resized).JPG
IMG_3504 (resized).JPGIMG_3504 (resized).JPG
IMG_3514 (resized).JPGIMG_3514 (resized).JPG
IMG_3517 (resized).JPGIMG_3517 (resized).JPG
IMG_3518 (resized).JPGIMG_3518 (resized).JPG
IMG_3523 (resized).JPGIMG_3523 (resized).JPG
IMG_3529 (resized).JPGIMG_3529 (resized).JPG
IMG_3532 (resized).JPGIMG_3532 (resized).JPG
IMG_3531 (resized).JPGIMG_3531 (resized).JPG

#1366 7 years ago

I updated the software and believe that resets the game count. But it is a home use only game that maybe has 75-100 plays on it and many of those games were 1 ball restarts.

No promises from Stern yet but Chas was very helpful and it seemed like they are willing to work with me. It was not the "that sucks be we can't help you" that I was expecting after hearing some of the feedback on the boards.

Quoted from jfh:How many games played do these pics represent? Can you provide more detail on what Stern told you?

#1376 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Jesus shooter lane chipping in 2 weeks?? Man they have NOT figured out their PF issues and it's -buyer beware- time.
My 19 year old MM doesn't show anything like that and it's never had a protector or mylar in the shooter lane. Doesn't help that a lot of Stern's SLAM the ball into the lane with absolutely more force than needed. It's like they have their highest powered coil being used to feed the shooter lane. Not sure why they think this is necessary ...??
And is that the same magnet we saw before with the deep pitting? I don't understand that either.

I am the one who uploaded the magnet pictures before. Also some people were saying before it was just the lighting I was using or the angle. This is the lighting from the game itself. No flash and no other light. Also from quite a few angles and heights.

#1377 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah Chas is a good guy and if he can do something for you he will...
So you have balls hitting the glass? What do they hit that causes them to fly up into the glass and smash down on your PF? Is it the targets on the rotating turntable?
Because if they are making it all the way to the glass and slamming back down on the PF that really will cause some dimples.

The magnet and the rotating playfield. My ball hardly ever stays on the magnet instead it gets tossed up, slung into the rotating playfield, or thrown elsewhere. Quite a few balls end up on the left Batgirl plastic and roll straight into the outlane. The ramps are narrow and the ball just seems to hit the blue pads solid on misses but it doesn't really jump. It is the magnet and rotating playfield for sure.

#1488 7 years ago

Appreciate all the comments and advice on my playfield. I am not in the Stern hater category or on the fanboy side either. I've always enjoyed pinball and excited my son wants to play now. I feel that Stern will do something to make it right. Certainly don't feel like the playfield issues we are seeing are something that Stern cannot eventually correct. With so many games going home use only now they are going to have to sort out these playfield issues quickly. Spending a little more upfront on higher quality wood, finish, and parts will be cheaper in the long run for the company. Spending 10k plus I expect a machine that will hold up. It is a new game and I expect for there to be issues. My playfield is just way outside the norm from other games I've seen after such a short period. The clear chipping in the shooter lane worries me just as much as the dimpling. Hell I am still far from giving up on the game and feel like it has a lot of potential. Yes it's clunky at times right now. The theme and artwork are awesome for someone who is a fan of the show like we are. Love the screen and the topper (they are still trying to get another one shipped since they mailed the first one to the wrong location). Bottom line just sharing my issues and not trying to start a war over the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider texasff78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=texasff78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.