Topic Stats

• 2,353 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Samuel (resized).jpg
Backglass (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg
They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg
5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 47.
#1101 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

How about something more along these lines?

Looks pretty cool, which ever design is used having the BM66 font would be sweet.

IMG_1325 (resized).JPG

#1102 2 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Seems odd that you'd play "Ghostbusters" when it's between a Rob Zombie and an AMH... either you're a masochist or you're part of the "Spooky Isn't Real Pinball!" crowd.

I wish I could say goat effers but I'm not allowed. The mods get on me every time I say anything bad, and I've never said anything that bad lol. That's funny stuff though for sure!

#1103 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

GBLE for me. To me, Batman 66 is like that girl you always dreamed about. She's the hottest girl that you've ever seen and you finally get with her (know what I'm saying?) and she ends up being kinda boring and nothing like you expected.

Hah! But with a little time in the sack with Lyman she could become fascinating and amazing. GB is the girl who looks incredible, but once you get to know her, she's annoying as hell & crazy as F!!!

#1104 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hah! But with a little time in the sack with Lyman she could become fascinating and amazing. GB is the girl who looks incredible, but once you get to know her, she's annoying as hell & crazy as F!!!

I thought they all were annoying and crazy as F*#k? lol

#1105 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wish I could say goat effers but I'm not allowed. The mods get on me every time I say anything bad, and I've never said anything that bad lol. That's funny stuff though for sure!

You need to be part of the Pinside Boys Club to get away with that. To be one, ask one!

#1106 2 years ago

re: dimples.

I will be the first to say that my pins are not played hard. But looking at some of my pins and don't see much in the way of dimples on Tron or TWD pro. Some Dimples on Tron but can't see much on TWD pro.

Is BM66 producing large airball issues for some reason?

perhaps I am not holding the camera right, or maybe the color scheme (the distressed look) on TWD hides the dimples better?

IMG_2670 (resized).JPGIMG_2668 (resized).JPGIMG_2667 (resized).JPG

#1107 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looks pretty cool, which ever design is used having the BM66 font would be sweet.

I tried your suggestion, but sometimes more is too much. I think these are more utilitarian, so a little flair on a simple, san-serif font is probably okay, but using a crazy font for everything is visually too busy and ugly. Using Batfont for the "Bat" and a san-serif font for the rest isn't bad, though.

batgadget-3 (resized).jpg
batgadget-4 (resized).jpg

#1108 2 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Seems odd that you'd play "Ghostbusters" when it's between a Rob Zombie and an AMH... either you're a masochist or you're part of the "Spooky Isn't Real Pinball!" crowd.

Wow. I didn't realize he had a RZ and AMH. AMH I can give a pass on, but dogging on GB so hard when you have a Rob Zombie, one of the crappiest pins in recent memory, pretty much destroys all credibility. I would take a GB Premium all day long over that (unfortunately) ugly, boring mess of a pin. Like RZ a lot, hate that pin.

#1109 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Wow. I didn't realize he had a RZ and AMH. AMH I can give a pass on, but dogging on GB so hard when you have a Rob Zombie, one of the crappiest pins in recent memory, pretty much destroys all credibility. I would take a GB Premium all day long over that (unfortunately) ugly, boring mess of a pin. Like RZ a lot, hate that pin.

Are you talking about me? You're having a conversation with someone I have on ignore so I'm assuming someone is slandering me. I do not have an RZ. It's a piece of shit. The location near me has one. Playing it once was enough. I'll be looking forward to your retraction on my credibility, Vic. Thank you.

#1110 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are you talking about me? You're having a conversation with someone I have on ignore so I'm assuming someone is slandering me. I do not have an RZ. It's a piece of shit. The location near me has one. Playing it once was enough. I'll be looking forward to hit retraction on my credibility, Vic. Thank you.

Haha! I had no idea what you did or didn't have. That other person said you had a RZ and AMH, which is what I was responding to. I understand now why you had him on ignore...sorry about that. I was incredulous that you had a RZ and were dogging on GB. This makes a lot more sense!

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Haha! I had no idea what you did or didn't have. That other person said you had a RZ and AMH, which is what I was responding to. I understand now why you had him on ignore...sorry about that. I was incredulous that you had a RZ and were dogging on GB. This makes a lot more sense!

No prob. There's a great location near me called Ayce Gogi. They have LE/rare games on location. They have GBLE in between RZLE and AMH. They just got Batman66 LE so I went to check it out. They've also got a Pabst Can Crusher next to it - I prob should have tried it but didn't. Maybe next time!

#1112 2 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

Yeah well, as a Premium buyer, I'm not. I think it's complete BS actually. I bought knowing Batgirl was on the backbox evening things out instead of more BM & Robin. Not that I have any recourse that I know of. I still want the game & this isn't a deal breaker...but I'm really not happy about it.

If it was an intentional change I wonder why they haven't bothered to update the pics on the Stern website. I gotta imagine there are going to be buyers who get upset when their game doesn't match the flyer pics.

#1113 2 years ago

I started having the flyers off the left ramp that others have mentioned. Checked the clear plastic and one of the screws had come loose. Found it in the sliding track for the playfield. If you're having a lot of left ramp issues check the screws on both sides of the ramp. Still getting a ton of flyers off the rotating playfield. The magnet is now more dimples than flat space I think.

IMG_3013 (resized).JPG

#1114 2 years ago

great... gunna go check for dimples now

#1115 2 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

The magnet is now more dimples that flat space I think.

You are gonna drive yourself nuts. Stop looking and just have fun playing it.

#1116 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I was actually talking about AYCE Gogi, which is where the thin-skinned Rarehero played Batman '66. He clearly said that, and he also clearly said that he played "Ghostbusters" when a crowd came in wanting to play Batman '66. What a gentleman, that guy! Anyways, said "Ghostbusters" is between RZ and AMH.

On a side note, I played about a dozen games of RZ while there and I went from thinking "wow, this is really not good" to "whoa, this is quite different in style and artwork than what I'm accustomed to, this was pretty damn cool".

IMG_0099 (resized).JPG

#1117 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You are gonna drive yourself nuts. Stop looking and just have fun playing it.

It isn't like I am down with a magnifying glass staring at them. Just standing there playing it is obvious. Did get a closer look just now when I took the glass off to fix the screw that fell out of the ramp.

#1118 2 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

It isn't like I am down with a magnifying glass staring at them. Just standing there playing it is obvious. Did get a closer look just now when I took the glass off to fix the screw that fell out of the ramp.

Back in the day pinball makers used to put their titles out to an "undisclosed location" to see how they held up in the wear and tear dept... usually some barcade somewhere.

Stern always seems to be in such a rush that this doesn't get done anymore. On THIS particular title we KNOW they had no time for any extended testing so it's possible that rotating mech will eventually make all owners machines look like yours.

#1119 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I do not have an RZ. It's a piece of shit. The location near me has one. Playing it once was enough

I'm sure one game was enough to form an opinion on.

RZ is a great game. It mixes 1980s Black Hole SS type gameplay with 2016 modes.

If you don't like getting your ass handed to you, RZ may not be your type of game. I can fully understand that. Its not for everyone.

However, if you want a pin with a pumping metal soundtrack, a killer sound system, gameplay outside the usual cookie cutter fare we have these days, and modes with some originality and that reward good, controlled play, RZ is great.

rd

#1120 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

gameplay outside the usual cookie cutter fare we have these days

That's an excellent observation. I think that it's almost jarringly outside of the norm and that's what turned me off about it at first... but then after multiple games - because you can't have an informed opinion without a bit of research - it clicked for me.

Dare I say I'm more interested in playing more RZ than B66, or is that going to lead to more people putting me on ignore?

#1121 2 years ago

Went to AYCE GOGI Friday night. I almost got the grand champion score on my first game of BM66. Got bored after playing my 3rd game on it so I left. Code is very early. Game was not put together well. Seemed flimsy. Lots of air balls. Lyman has his work cut out for him. Dialed In absolutely blows it away for similar coin.

IMG_0054 (resized).JPG

#1122 2 years ago

nice work vicjw66 !! VOO has their initials all over those games, not easy to beat!

#1123 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If you don't like getting your ass handed to you, RZ may not be your type of game. I can fully understand that. Its not for everyone.
However, if you want a pin with a pumping metal soundtrack, a killer sound system, gameplay outside the usual cookie cutter fare we have these days, and modes with some originality and that reward good, controlled play, RZ is great.
rd

Yeah, RZ is a real classic!

Saying that game is a POS is being way too generous!

#1124 2 years ago

Damn, tough crowd.

#1125 2 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Damn, tough crowd.

Just opinions, it's all good!

#1126 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Went to AYCE GOGI Friday night. I almost got the grand champion score on my first game of BM66. Got bored after playing my 3rd game on it so I left. Code is very early. Game was not put together well. Seemed flimsy. Lots of air balls. Lyman has his work cut out for him. Dialed In absolutely blows it away for similar coin.

That's why there are different games for different people; I feel the same way about dialed in game; man that game is just no batman 66 was expecting so much from that game but it falls flat and JJPs best game to date is the hobbit

#1127 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If you don't like getting your ass handed to you, RZ may not

Jesus, it's just like with Ghostbusters - if I don't like a game, it must be because I'm not good enough. That has nothing to do with it. I found RZ to be dull, ugly, and just plain not fun. Early 80's style games generally don't hold my interest, but if I'm going to play one, I'll play a real one. I hate the display's chunky Atari 2600 graphics that make Stern's red DMDs look superior - and for whatever reason, the sound on the Ayce game was extremely muffled, so I didn't even get to enjoy nice sounding music. Glad you enjoy the game, but RZ is not for me.

#1128 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Jesus, it's just like with Ghostbusters - if I don't like a game, it must be because I'm not good enough. That has nothing to do with it. I found RZ to be dull, ugly, and just plain not fun. Early 80's style games generally don't hold my interest, but if I'm going to play one, I'll play a real one. I hate the display's chunky Atari 2600 graphics that make Stern's red DMDs look superior - and for whatever reason, the sound on the Ayce game was extremely muffled, so I didn't even get to enjoy nice sounding music. Glad you enjoy the game, but RZ is not for me.

That's what I said ... not for everyone. But you can't make an assessment on one game, which is what you'd said you'd played ...

Everyone here seems to love it. I have no idea how the one at Ayce Gogi is set up, maybe it's just a clanger! Dunno! I know someone else who played it and hated it, so maybe it is. The audio amp has adjustments for each frequency so maybe they adjusted that wrong.

Your assessment on GB was in line with mine, although we both played a lot more than one game to find that out.

I have a GB pro in my house at the moment and am warming to it, now I am learning the code. However the base flaws still remain, nothing you can do about them now.

Anyways, back to the Caped Crusader!

rd

#1129 2 years ago

Next time I go, I'll play it some more just for you.

#1130 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If it was an intentional change I wonder why they haven't bothered to update the pics on the Stern website. I gotta imagine there are going to be buyers who get upset when their game doesn't match the flyer pics.

It's still pretty clear on the premium flyer....

IMG_6435 (resized).JPG

#1131 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Next time I go, I'll play it some more just for you.

Good on you champ!

When my RZ arrived, it was f**king out of control! Fast as hell, balls flying everywhere, almost unplayable ... after a few weeks it calmed down a little (or I got used to it, or probably a combination of both ...) and it's pretty awesome when you can harness it.

Get to Hellbound!

rd

#1132 2 years ago

That's real clever by Rare if that's what he's calling GB

Rare doesn't really believe what he said about GB. Just says it for effect and annoyance. That's why it's a pleasure to use the ignore button

I don't have Corn on ignore, no comparison

#1133 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The one at Logan Hardware has Batgirl on the side.

IMG_3631.JPG

#1135 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's real clever by Rare if that's what he's calling GB
Rare doesn't really believe what he said about GB. Just says it for effect and annoyance. That's why it's a pleasure to use the ignore button
I don't have Corn on ignore, no comparison

I bought a GB LE brand new and it's already sold and gone. Not a great game

#1136 2 years ago

They have a premium here in Milwaukee and it does not have Batgirl on the sides of the back box or on the trans light

IMG_1606 (resized).JPG

#1137 2 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

The one at Logan Hardware has Batgirl on the side.

That would be an LE.....glad to see these showing up on location....

#1138 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I bought a GB LE brand new and it's already sold and gone. Not a great game

Mitch, what didn't you like about your GBLE?

I have a friend that thinks its the best game ever made by Stern.

#1139 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Ask them if it would still be the best game ever with different theme and art. Ask them how many other Stern games they've played.

#1140 2 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Dare I say I'm more interested in playing more RZ than B66, or is that going to lead to more people putting me on ignore?

Martyrdom doesn't suit you. If you like RZ, play RZ. I think it's awesome that you can find games you enjoy playing. Personally I didn't care for RZ that much, however I have only played 3 games on it, so I don't even respect my opinion yet.

What's strange to me is how closely my opinions mirror RareHero's on a lot of these games. Maybe he says it a bit harshly, but I really do agree with him on most of them.

#1141 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

It really is an excellent game in most people's opinion. I love it. It's different and unique.

And I'm talking about the Le/premium version

But like always, not everybody is gonna love every pin

#1142 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I tried your suggestion, but sometimes more is too much. I think these are more utilitarian, so a little flair on a simple, san-serif font is probably okay, but using a crazy font for everything is visually too busy and ugly. Using Batfont for the "Bat" and a san-serif font for the rest isn't bad, though.

I don't know I like it but maybe the text just needs to be smaller so its not so over powering, the text on the factory decal is pretty small, I will be looking into options this week just be good to know which options people prefer text can be decided upon later but one piece design with writing incorporated within the Bat symbol or 2 piece design with the text below in a separate box between the wing tips?

#1143 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Martyrdom doesn't suit you.

Oh. Well, haughtiness fits you to a tee. What's strange to me is that I thought you were one of the good guys on here.

Quoted from DaveH:

If you like RZ, play RZ. I think it's awesome that you can find games you enjoy playing. Personally I didn't care for RZ that much, however I have only played 3 games on it, so I don't even respect my opinion yet.

That's fantastic. I think it's awesome that only certain members of Pinside can express their opinion without getting piled on. I gave my opinion that I think RZ might possibly more enjoyable FOR ME than Batman '66 and someone says "oh, I can see why you ignored him". Lololol. Rarehero ignored me because he's one of those e-warriors that can dish it out but can't take it.

Quoted from DaveH:

What's strange to me is how closely my opinions mirror RareHero's on a lot of these games. Maybe he says it a bit harshly, but I really do agree with him on most of them.

What's strange to me is the amount of groupthink on Pinside. Whoop de effin' doo.

Off to league. Yawl PBCers have fun congratulating one another on your impeccable tastes.

#1144 2 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Oh. Well, haughtiness fits you to a tee. What's strange to me is that I thought you were one of the good guys on here.

I am one of the good guys Cornelius. I think about what I say and I'm not trying to sit here behind a keyboard and push your buttons. I'd say the exact same stuff if you were at one of the pinball parties I throw at my house. You're being obtuse if you are saying people that agree are guilty of groupthink. It's disingenuous, but don't worry, it doesn't bother me.

#1145 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Except that apparently the flyers are wrong. Batman and Robin are on the Premiums (so far), Batgirl on the LEs

#1146 2 years ago

Could easily be a factory error or simply batgirl are the only decals they have enough of to complete early LEs and Stern thought we wouldn't notice and if we did care enough to complain.

#1147 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Except that apparently the flyers are wrong. Batman and Robin are on the Premiums (so far), Batgirl on the LEs

I know. Just saying something's changed - by accident or not. There it is in writing. The flyer pre-dates production.

As an le customer, I'll be happy with the Batgirl backbox. But if I was a premium customer and ordered based on this flyer, maybe not so much.

#1148 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

As an le customer, I'll be happy with the Batgirl backbox. But if I was a premium customer and ordered based on this flyer, maybe not so much.

Same here. What I find interesting is that Batgirl is prominent on the LE translight, playfield and backbox, but I haven't seen her at all in game play. They've got to fix that! We need some feature of Batgirl in game play, maybe her own mode even.

#1149 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Quoted from cooked71:

I know. Just saying something's changed - by accident or not. There it is in writing. The flyer pre-dates production.

That is a great picture of the flyer. Could you move the camera down just a speck to get the part that says "game subject to change"? It's only a fraction of an inch below where you cropped it out. They have it right below the logos.

IMG_0022 (resized).PNG

#1150 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don't know I like it but maybe the text just needs to be smaller so its not so over powering, the text on the factory decal is pretty small, I will be looking into options this week just be good to know which options people prefer text can be decided upon later but one piece design with writing incorporated within the Bat symbol or 2 piece design with the text below in a separate box between the wing tips?

Well, looking at the actual machine, the head is almost completely obscured by the button, so I don't think there's room for text up there on the real deal anyway.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cortland, NY
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside