IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#923 7 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

LE#83 setup today. Episode 83 Catwoman goes to College. Really loving the game so far. Has a lot of flow, can't wait for the updates. It is also setup at AYCE Gogi on location if anyone in so cal wants to play it.
Cheers.

Sweet. Gonna have to fight the horrible traffic and make the trip up the 101.

#925 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

19 pins in a Korean BBQ? Where do they PUT them?!?

Between the Bulgogi and Gochujang pork.

#945 7 years ago

Newer wood is softer and will dimple more easily than older wood. Probably freshly cut.

#955 7 years ago

Yep. Soft metal and soft wood.... and an unusual amount of high velocity air balls.

#1121 7 years ago

Went to AYCE GOGI Friday night. I almost got the grand champion score on my first game of BM66. Got bored after playing my 3rd game on it so I left. Code is very early. Game was not put together well. Seemed flimsy. Lots of air balls. Lyman has his work cut out for him. Dialed In absolutely blows it away for similar coin.

IMG_0054 (resized).JPGIMG_0054 (resized).JPG

#1162 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Damn, back when they were fronted by John Cusack! Drip drip drip drip drip...

This reads to me like you're saying that you thoughtfully compose your every post on Pinside, while I just drool and bash against the keyboard and fling my dung all over your carefully worded missives. Am I wrong?

Easy man. Visit the Canabis thread and chill.

#1165 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Oh, I'm already zooted dude. Purple Monkey Balls.
I still am curious to know if I'm understanding Mr. Good Guy or not. If I'm not, then.. color me chagrined. If I am..

I didn't get the impression DaveH was putting you down, just defending his position. I also disagree with your groupthink accusations. Certain types of players often prefer similar games. I'm not a big fan of Rob Zombie either , and like/dislike a lot of games that Rarehero does. Of course, I dismiss his love of FG due to his bias. FG sucks.

#1168 7 years ago

Well, I was at expo and really liked Dialed In from the first time I played it, Hated WOZ, luke warm on Hobbitt. Didn't warm up to RZ after 10 or so games, unimpressed with BM66 as it stands, disappointed in GB for the reasons RareHero states. These are my opinions, and I don't care who agrees or disagrees with them. I'm a decent enough player to have valid opinions on the pins I have played.

#1169 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

nobody wants to have the unpopular opinion. Remember, someone said "oh I see why you blocked [Cornelius]" only because I had a difference of opinion. The weakest of all sauces.

Or they might have blocked you because when people disagree with your opinion, you tend to take it as a personal attack against your character, and then you lash out in kind with personal attacks against their character.

#1172 7 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

There is certainly no 'subject to change' anywhere on the current Stern product page.

Throughout the history of pinball, flyers have shown games that are slightly different than production models. This goes back to at least 1948 that I have seen.

#1177 7 years ago

Good point. BM66 was marketed to the collector specifically. Stern has been slow to adapt to the collectors demands, although they have reaped the benefits of the collector market.

#1268 7 years ago

Why can't Stern just use pressure treated wood for their play fields?

#1333 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

This could be made into a feature with the next code update.

Can the opto in the ball trough differentiate between a pinball and the batmobile? If so, I have faith in Lyman to make it special.

#1335 7 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

I played BM66 at GEX yesterday. I would agree that it should have been priced more like a pro. I thought gameplay was fun, but the build quality seemed cheap, and the turntable was meh / clunky. I think this will improve with code releases. They can start with villian callouts. Need both the Jokers and the Riddler's crazy laughter in there....

Agreed. BM66 is a pro-level game. Gotta hand it to Stern marketing. For a brief moment, they actually had me thinking about making a stupid video to prove I am worthy. Making a fool of myself, just for the privilege of having a slight chance to be selected to fork over 15 grand for a $5000 pinball machine.

#1343 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For those that think dimpling is because a steel ball is harder than wood, lift the playfield and strike the un-clearcoated wood underneath with a ball and see if it dimples there. It might surprise you.

#1344 7 years ago

F@ck it. I've been drinking all night. Challenge accepted.

IMG_0071 (resized).JPGIMG_0071 (resized).JPG

#1345 7 years ago

Oh, crap! Odin, you bastard! I missed! You owe me one brand new node board.

#1346 7 years ago

Dent is less noticeable, but still there. Probably due to lack of clear, which I would imagine, enhances any dents.

IMG_0077 (resized).JPGIMG_0077 (resized).JPG

#1350 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Now, do that on the back of your Scorcerer and so we can see if there is any difference.

Challenge accepted

#1352 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Now, do that on the back of your Scorcerer and so we can see if there is any difference.

Oh, you dirty muthaf@&ker! I missed again, badly. You owe me a Sorcerer back glass.

#1353 7 years ago

IMG_0084 (resized).JPGIMG_0084 (resized).JPG

IMG_0078 (resized).JPGIMG_0078 (resized).JPG
IMG_0083 (resized).JPGIMG_0083 (resized).JPG
IMG_0082 (resized).JPGIMG_0082 (resized).JPG
No dimpling whatsoever. Top or bottom. 30 + year old wood is hard. And believe me, Sorcerer takes a beating.

2 months later
#2261 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'd prefer the moniker "funnier than most".

I don't know about that. Ralph Malph was quite the comedian.

As far as BM66, I've set the GC score on 3 different machines in the wild now and just think it is lacking. That lazy Susan is just plain lame. Game is way to easy. Doesn't feel like a Stern. I think it has longer ball times than Hobbit.

[att=3682437,866341

#2314 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks for the clarification, pretty sure Lyman will sort that out in future updates though, would give us a few different ways to approach/play the game which is always better imo than a linear game where you must do the same things in the same order each game

Lyman definitely has his hands full with BM66. It will take a masterful effort on his part to save this game.

#2331 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

John Voight is what the registration says. Doesn't he spell his name Jon?
Walter White as Tim the dentist...lol.

I believe the registration was under John Voit. Both first and last names were wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 34.99
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=vicjw66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.