Topic Stats

• 2,344 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Samuel (resized).jpg
Backglass (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg
They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg
5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 47.
#751 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

That's right, now I remember. Does anyone know if the Bat signal topper mod will be sold separately from Stern?

They said it would.

#752 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

That's right, now I remember. Does anyone know if the Bat signal topper mod will be sold separately from Stern?

Yep, sold separately

#753 1 year ago

We all know Lyman is a coding genius- and his track record speaks volumes.

The only thing I would be concerned with BM66, and all pins going forward- is Stern is calling the shots and likely allocating a specific timeline to get BM66 done, and how much they are willing to pay him to finish the game before assigning him to a new pin. I feel their move to the bigger factory, price increases, etc in order to grow the company also comes with some strict adjustments to how these things are designed, coded, announced, then delivered.

I feel GB is a great example of this. Why has there literally been no significant improvements in code for the game since it was released? I think they told Dwight to wrap it up and move on. It's not that Dwight is that much worse of a coder than Lyman, it's likely the fact they are tightening the coding budget because more profit.

I really hope they give Lyman a long leash on this, because what I see now is a game that people spent a lot of money on- and it has a loooong way to go as far as code is concerned.

#754 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

It's not that Dwight is that much worse of a coder than Lyman, it's likely the fact they are tightening the coding budget because more profit.

Which is about the dumbest thing Stern could do from a sales standpoint going forward. Rising prices and competition demand fully coded games. There is no telling the amount of sales they lose by not finishing off code.

It only takes one time getting burned to say F U. Most people here have given them a long leash and now that the prices keep going up the patience meter is running on empty. Not sure any of them really get that yet.

Absolutely zero concern with Lyman. In Lyman we trust!

#755 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

We all know Lyman is a coding genius- and his track record speaks volumes.
The only thing I would be concerned with BM66, and all pins going forward- is Stern is calling the shots and likely allocating a specific timeline to get BM66 done, and how much they are willing to pay him to finish the game before assigning him to a new pin. I feel their move to the bigger factory, price increases, etc in order to grow the company also comes with some strict adjustments to how these things are designed, coded, announced, then delivered.
I feel GB is a great example of this. Why has there literally been no significant improvements in code for the game since it was released? I think they told Dwight to wrap it up and move on. It's not that Dwight is that much worse of a coder than Lyman, it's likely the fact they are tightening the coding budget because more profit.
I really hope they give Lyman a long leash on this, because what I see now is a game that people spent a lot of money on- and it has a loooong way to go as far as code is concerned.

Lyman completed Metallica on his own time.....that why I'm confident he will see this through whether supported by Stern or not. Although I expect Stern to give him full support...time will tell.
I like the look and potential of this pin so I've ordered knowing code will be in early stages. All cool.

Before all the trolls get in, I'm not rich, just like new pinballs. Now let's focus on the pinball not cost F'n sick of hearing about it! It is what it is move along please........further.....further....ah better lol

#756 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Lyman completed Metallica on his own time.....

You can go back to Tron for a pin he finished on his own time.

#757 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Got another hour on the machine today

Thank you for your review.

LTG : )

#758 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you for your review.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd....next post I make might be me smashing this iPad ( 4th one I've owned).....when I read my initial post, it takes me 10 times to edit and fix the grammar.....blaming the device, but probably operator error.....

#759 1 year ago

Lyman completed Metallica on his own time.....that why I'm confident he will see this through whether supported by Stern or not. Although I expect Stern to give him full support...time will tell.
I like the look and potential of this pin so I've ordered knowing code will be in early stages. All cool.
Before all the trolls get in, I'm not rich, just like new pinballs. Now let's focus on the pinball not cost F'n sick of hearing about it! It is what it is move along please........further.....further....ah better lol

Man, a great post!!!...thanks for the positive light, and breath of fresh air around here...mark..

#760 1 year ago

You make very valid points of course, which is why Lyman is my favorite coder.. and why 3/5 pins I own are his games. I really hope that is the case.. but it is quite sad that he's the only coder at Stern who I have confidence that will see to it that a game gets completed. I look forward to watching BM66 progress and reading feedback from all the owners of the machine.

#761 1 year ago

Lyman plays a lot of comp pinball so he knows from a player perspective when code needs work and polish. He is also proud of his work, during the deadflip stream both he and George say they have a copy of every pinball they worked on in their homes. For Lyman that is a lot of tables. I just can't see him ever being happy with a half finished job. I guess animations sounds etc... are probably handled by a lot of people, however as far as rules go I think BM66 will end up being a great table. There seems to be a lot of potential with the sub villains and 3 seasons etc... I think the code will need to be pretty deep long term as the balltimes seem pretty long. In a home environment I could see decent players having 20+ minute games pretty easily. Really looking forward to seeing how this game develops, there is one coming to our local location. Personally I was scpecital on the theme as it was a little before my time, however everything I have watched so far looks like it will be a winner.

#762 1 year ago

Did you purchase the SLE BM 66 ?

#763 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Did you purchase the SLE BM 66 ?

No just the Prem, I'm happy as like any other premium the playfield is the same! Boat due to dock around 21st Jan, not long now. There will be new code to load when I get it, so looking forward to seeing what has been included. Cheers

#764 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Got another hour on the machine today...focused more on shots/ flow as opposed to obvious early code omissions.
Easily the most satisfying session for me yet...both ramps flow well, and fast, but different length, so making combos with them was a lot of fun.
Finally started making sense of how the modes are working ( now)...and color direction / purpose were lots of fun.
Using the crane bash to complete Penguin is super fun.
Rotating table makes for great fun with spinner, batphone , and multi ball tv....got stuck a couple times, but ball save released it early....it then hit me....what better machine to put a rotating, complex " gadget" on than Batman.
Overall, a great hour of play...really got into the layout more, and am still very happy with it.....

Keep the reviews coming in. They are excellent thanks,

#765 1 year ago

I second that while we have to wait over here in the U.K for our games to arrive, the more reviews the better, looking forward to hearing what you guys with your games think of the expected code update Tuesday and just how big of an update it is.

#766 1 year ago

Batman 66.......they removed the mini PF and has the same R vuk and wire form as cheapo Costco BDK Batman. ( one of my first impressions along with outrageous price point )

#767 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Batman 66.......they removed the mini PF and has the same R vuk and wire form as cheapo Costco BDK Batman. ( one of my first impressions along with outrageous price point )

Maybe you should wait to play the game first before judgement

#768 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Removing that mini pf and replacing it with a second ramp is what BDK always felt like it was missing and needed to add some much needed speed and flow.

As far as your vuk/wireform impressions your just twisting things to suit, as every version of Batman from Stern (BDK, BDK lite/costco & BM66) has the same right vuk/wireform BM66 has made it into a complete ramp shot.

#769 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

I agree 100%

We can all sit back and bitch about the outrageous pricing and then try and pick it apart-or wait to play it in person and then form a true opinion. I remember when Stern launched Star Trek, and the shit storm that followed. Well it turned out to be a great game and many people changed their tune. Time will tell

#770 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

I plan to...... especially at that price.

Also whats the over /under on you owning this FANTASTIC game less than six months.

Thats what the whole post is about " first impressions " Not wait till ya play then tell me what ya think

#771 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Removing that mini pf and replacing it with a second ramp is what BDK always felt like it was missing and needed to add some much needed speed and flow.
As far as your vuk/wireform impressions your just twisting things to suit, as every version of Batman from Stern (BDK, BDK lite/costco & BM66) has the same right vuk/wireform BM66 has made it into a complete ramp shot.

I know..... I owned one. Thats kinda my point dont ya think.

#772 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I remember when Stern launched Star Trek, and the shit storm that followed. Well it turned out to be a great game and many people changed their tune. Time will tell

saying its a great game(generalization)is your opinion only.

Quoted from pinmister:wait to play it in person and then form a true opinion.

thats the ticket.

#773 1 year ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

saying its a great game(generalization)is your opinion only.

Well it is #16 currently on top 100 ratings, so I think I am not alone to think that Star Trek is a decent game?

I guess it's like my opinion man.

Your Opinion Man.jpg

#774 1 year ago

Exactly and you entitled to it,Keep flipping brother!!!!

#775 1 year ago

I love Batman, a dream theme for me in some ways. 6 years old waiting for the show, only to end up with
every bat belt, gadget, and toy that came out in the middle/late 60s.

I love Lymans Work.
I am over all very Happy with Stern. My life is better because of their Products I use at home.

However, after quality and code, which I am grateful that Stern does hear us, and tries to address,
Im going to wait.

Its stunning, at Expo, the games looked amazing.
Game Play, looks OK, but we all see no magic, and expect code from Lyman to make the game something special.

Right there with all of you.

But for my experience, ill simply wait. Wait for the code to complete or improve dramatically, and go back to my strategy
of buying HUO at a discount, from someone tired of a game, and no patience for code.

Just where I am at personally, and with no immediate room.

Ill let everyone else, hash out the bugs, clamor for code, play the game a bunch, and then pick one up if everything aligns.

I think Im going to go back to doing it this way, and apply it to Dialed in, and Aliens.....wait and see.

No harm, plenty to do, plenty to play, and first on the block and feeding the hunger is great! I dont
disagree with anyone who pre bought, or is excited! Ill share this voyeuristic-ally, and celebrate your joy of this game,
and a new addition to your home.

My impression and answer after a long weekend.....wait.

Sometimes procrastination can be good.

#776 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well it is #16 currently on top 100 ratings, so I think I am not alone to think that Star Trek is a decent game?
I guess it's like my opinion man.

I enjoy it.

#777 1 year ago

Is it just me..... 66 has a feeling of the PF being totally bare except for the last 10/12 inches.

I know the crane has a long swing and needs room so it limits the amount of STUFF that can be done.

Also lets not forget Lymon did work on the coding for BDK. Its not bad but its not great either. Not every title can be a hit.

#778 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I remember when Stern launched Star Trek, and the shit storm that followed. Well it turned out to be a great game and many people changed their tune.

I'm one of those people. I didn't like Star Trek, I didn't like Walking Dead, and then Stern turned them into great games well after release. You can add others to that. SM, AC/DC. Ok games, but eventually they hit it right on the head. However, I would never make the assumption that Stern will do that with every release.

#779 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Is it just me..... 66 has a feeling of the PF being totally bare except for the last 10/12 inches.
I know the crane has a long swing and needs room so it limits the amount of STUFF that can be done.
Also lets not forget Lymon did work on the coding for BDK. Its not bad but its not great either. Not every title can be a hit.

37 negative posts about a game you've never played . Bored ?

#780 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

You mean like IM, except the bash toy moves left to right (crane) as opposed to up/ down (Monger)? IM is a "hit" btw.

Seriously, are you ever gonna stop here (we get it, we get it)? Isn't there another pin you can constantly degrade on another thread somewhere. Some of us are going to like (maybe REALLY LIKE) it, regardless of your logic (?), personal opinion.

If you're continuing to gain some sort of personal satisfaction by bashing, please continue (I don't block anyone). But if all this horseshit is meant to "educate" us poor, misinformed pinheads, you might as well stop.

If the game turns out to be a monster or pile of shit, that will be up to the OWNER........how about it?....find another title...plenty out there...thanks

#781 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You mean like IM, except the bash toy moves left to right (crane) as opposed to up/ down (Monger)? IM is a "hit" btw.
Seriously, are you ever gonna stop here (we get it, we get it)? Isn't there another pin you can constantly degrade on another thread somewhere. Some of us are going to like (maybe REALLY LIKE) it, regardless of your logic (?), personal opinion.
If you're continuing to gain some sort of personal satisfaction by bashing, please continue (I don't block anyone). But if all this horseshit is meant to "educate" us poor, misinformed pinheads, you might as well stop.
If the game turns out to be a monster or pile of shit, that will be up to the OWNER........how about it?....find another title...plenty out there...thanks

Not bashing..... but why the heck would a topic be started if first impressions were only supposed to be positive

If thats what you wanna hear. Its great man, best game ever, I can only imagine how cool its gonna be.

Thats my first impression weather you agree with it or not.... WOW

#782 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Not bashing..... but why the heck would a topic be started if first impressions were only supposed to be positive

It's not about being positive or not... it's about having something to contribute. Beating the same dead horse... does not.

#783 1 year ago

I dont think they are saying they need to be positive.....Negative is welcome.

Just repeated negativity, with no playing experience on the game gets hard in any thread on
a new game, when many are excited.

We want your opinion, absolutely, just not repetitively, sometimes with the same content.

No biggie.....we are all here in this together.

#784 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's not about being positive or not... it's about having something to contribute. Beating the same dead horse... does not.

Thank you

#785 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I don't think anyone has a problem with people expressing a negative opinion. I think he's referring repeating the same view point over and over again without adding anything new to the discussion. The whole beating a dead horse thing.

dead_horse.gif

#786 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I dont think they are saying they need to be positive.....Negative is welcome.
Just repeated negativity, with no playing experience on the game gets hard in any thread on
a new game, when many are excited.
We want your opinion, absolutely, just not repetitively, sometimes with the same content.
No biggie.....we are all here in this together.

And Thank you

#787 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

If thats what you wanna hear. Its great man, best game ever, I can only imagine how cool its gonna be.
Thats my first impression weather you agree with it or not.... WOW

We've heard your first impression 27 million (or close) times. WE GET IT!!!!

#788 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I don't think anyone has a problem with people expressing a negative opinion. I think he's referring repeating the same view point over and over again but someone without anything new to the discussion. The whole beating a dead horse thing.

You even expressed concerns over the turntable "hoping I don't ever have to fix that thing" THAT is constructive criticism, and I completely agree with it. A valid point. "Open Playfield"? Really. Really, REALLY!!!!!

#789 1 year ago

Do you think Spike two will have the same issues with node boards that Spike one had ...... There is that better. IMO yes open PF really , really.

#790 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Do you think Spike two will have the same issues with node boards that Spike one had ...... There is that better. IMO yes open PF really , really.

I haven't had a spike game yet. What are the node board problems?

#791 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Just the issue that despite node boards supposedly being repairable with throughhole transistors, etc... failures have largely been board swaps so far. There isn't voltage protection where a short can take out a lot of stuff.

#792 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Not sure if they were software or hardware issues but I know some revisions were made recently. Not sure if they are completely resolved. Although I will say I have zero issues with mine so far on GB Premium

#793 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just the issue that despite node boards supposedly being repairable with throughhole transistors, etc... failures have largely been board swaps so far. There isn't voltage protection where a short can take out a lot of stuff.

Has anyone successfully replaced any transistors in these yet or do they take out the surface mount ICs

#794 1 year ago

Minor issues, meaning failure as above requiring a board swap are happening at the smallest of rates, IMO.

As usual, anything mentioned when something goes wrong is read as issues happening everywhere!

#795 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

In my opinion, they run them too close to the edge. There isn't enough headroom for issues. Kind of like driving a Pinto and a BMW at 100 miles an hour. Both will do it, but the Pinto will fail faster.

#796 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

In my opinion, they run them too close to the edge. There isn't enough headroom for issues. Kind of like driving a Pinto and a BMW at 100 miles an hour. Both will do it, but the Pinto will fail faster.

I agree.... Is it possible the heat from the current generated is too close to the ICs that drive them. SAM and White star were VERY reliable when boards were kept separate ( Hence maybe a cabinet fan would be helpful )

#797 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I agree.... Is it possible the heat from the current generated is too close to the ICs that drive them. SAM and White star were VERY reliable when boards were kept separate ( Hence maybe a cabinet fan would be helpful )

Is Stern pretty good about sending you a replacement node board when they fail?

The few times I needed to call Stern for service they sent me replacement stuff right away (Tron lenticular translight defect, star trek trough opto board) without any hassle.

#798 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Has anyone successfully replaced any transistors in these yet or do they take out the surface mount ICs

I think it would be rare for someone to have done this since:

Quoted from docquest:

Is Stern pretty good about sending you a replacement node board when they fail?
The few times I needed to call Stern for service they sent me replacement stuff right away (Tron lenticular translight defect, star trek trough opto board) without any hassle.

Yes, Stern has replaced the bad node boards when they go bad.

#799 1 year ago

They back their products 100%. Not sure what kind of warrenty they will carry but the guys at Stern are exceptional. On my last four games only issues were a few bad switches, broke scoop, bad LED board, creased translite.

Chaz and Pat shipped out the same day to keep my new games running THUMBS UP!!!

#800 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think it would be rare for someone to have done this since:

Yes, Stern has replaced the bad node boards when they go bad.

Rob...... Im also thinking about this from an operator stand point. Not that the company I work for has any modern pins.

But Im wondering if they could be repaired or is it a 200 plus dollar fix every time one goes bad ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 99.99
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, NE
Sale Pending!
Lisle, IL
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside