IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #574 YouTube of the dead flip stream of Batman 66 Posted by DeadFlip (7 years ago)

Post #844 Photos of episode 81 game Posted by RocketPin (7 years ago)

Post #862 Photos of the backbox boards Posted by MK6PIN (7 years ago)

Post #910 Photos of gadget #38 Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #914 PHotos of gadget #91 Posted by taz (7 years ago)

Post #918 Photos of episode 83 Posted by doomid (7 years ago)

Post #1285 Batman Code update released and readme Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1357 Photos of a pinsider's playfield with chipping and dimples Posted by Texasff78 (7 years ago)

Post #1503 Great photos of game episode #66 Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Was there a single voice sample in the entire video? I think one of the things that made this vid seem odd was the entire lack of voice (custom or from the series).
The high score and match screens seemed well done, the rest... who am I to judge .

Only callouts I heard were the narrator at the beginning and Alfred answering the phone. Also heard Jody telling lyman to hit things every now and then.

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Just my opinion but I wish Stern would have done more to "embrace" the theme. IOW, there is no batcave. Since I grew up while this show was on the air, I also realize how the whole deal was here and gone so quickly. But there are some parts that are so easily recognizable and should have been included besides a batmobile and the red phone.
I'm reserving total judgement until the entire program is finished.

I think you are the only one who has commented that this game doesnt embrace the theme very well. Pretty much everyone (including those complaing about price or its just BDK rehash) have said the theme integration is one of the best ever. It just nails it for the art package and based in the teaser vid the music is spot on as well as the narrator voice.

Maybe you didnt look at the pics closely but the main face of the rotating toy is the actual batcave. The batmobile is on a turntable just like it is on the show. On either side of the batmobile are two computers with lighting effects that look just like the computers in the TV batcave. On top if it all us the glowing neon nuclear pile designed to look like the reactor in the TV show batcave. If you want the batpoles there are on the playfield fown by the outlanes.

Not sure what iconic scenes or props from the show you think are missing from the game?

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can someone explain to me why anybody gives a shit if there was a crane in the old tv show?
There wasn't one in the BDK movie yet we've all learned to live with that for the better part of a decade.

You're exactly right.
Who cares as long as its fun.

That being said I think it fits the style of the show. The Penguin using a construction company as some kind of front with the name K. G. BIRD. Thats the name he uses in the show for a fake company. In one on the TV episodes he wrecks havoc in Gotham with a giant tank. In another he used a gigantic unbrella to foil batman. In the 66 movie he has a full sized nuclear sub. He just loves big heavy machinery.

He's there to mess with you via the crane. Love the little plastic on it that shows him driving the it. I think the crane fits the theme better here than it did with the BDK.

I also like how each of main villians has there own sets of shots, Joker gets the magnet, Riddler gets the orbits, Catwoman gets the ramps, and Penguin gets the crane.

batman78 (resized).jpgbatman78 (resized).jpg
untitled-31 (resized).jpguntitled-31 (resized).jpg
batman-fine-feathered-finks-04 (resized).jpgbatman-fine-feathered-finks-04 (resized).jpg

#235 7 years ago

How about a pic of the instruction card ?
Thanks

#266 7 years ago

Just noticed you have batgirl decals on you LE back box. Expo machines and fliers showed batman and robin on the LE back box decals. Is batgirl on both sides?

374127f4a3359c0644b93cbb05190f25406db7d8 (resized).jpg374127f4a3359c0644b93cbb05190f25406db7d8 (resized).jpg

#302 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Still no gameplay video from the OP?

While we patiently wait for some Batman game video check out this video. It answers the age old question who would win in a battle between Darth Vader and Batman.

#388 7 years ago

Some of the music was recognizable but a few of the mode tracks sounded way out if place. I hope pinball browser works with spike 2. This games needs more nelson riddle and less "fake batman" pseudo 60's pop.

Was also hoping for a bit of each of the villains unique theme music as you hit their shots. Batman was a progressive tv show in that each villain had their own particular music. Some of the minor villains shared cues but all the major ones had their own theme.

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Thanks for posting this video. Did anyone hear a bunch of custom call outs from Adam West & Burst Ward? I did not.

In the second video from GAP I heard adam west say "extra ball". That was the only only one I heard so far.

#426 7 years ago

And everyone thought 10K would keep the flippers away.

#591 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Game looks and flows great, but no way will I pay $8500. Sorry Stern, you crossed the pricing line and I am not buying........HUO for the Batman from now on.

Isnt that the full MSRP price? Won't street price for premium be closer to 7000-7500?

#685 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What did you guys think about the size and complexity of that monster rotating turntable mech?
Gomez was proud of that one. Makes that game a little different from what's out there. Something I like!
I'm moving my RS to the back of the man cave. TWDLE, GBLE and BM66LE will be side by side

Looks like lots of engineering went into it. Very impressive looking. If you check out the manual you can see all the parts to it. I just hope its robust, not sure i'd have the nerve to disassemble it if it had a problem.

#785 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Not bashing..... but why the heck would a topic be started if first impressions were only supposed to be positive

I don't think anyone has a problem with people expressing a negative opinion. I think he's referring repeating the same view point over and over again without adding anything new to the discussion. The whole beating a dead horse thing.

dead_horse.gifdead_horse.gif

#790 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Do you think Spike two will have the same issues with node boards that Spike one had ...... There is that better. IMO yes open PF really , really.

I haven't had a spike game yet. What are the node board problems?

#797 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I agree.... Is it possible the heat from the current generated is too close to the ICs that drive them. SAM and White star were VERY reliable when boards were kept separate ( Hence maybe a cabinet fan would be helpful )

Is Stern pretty good about sending you a replacement node board when they fail?

The few times I needed to call Stern for service they sent me replacement stuff right away (Tron lenticular translight defect, star trek trough opto board) without any hassle.

#807 7 years ago

Nice card! I think some people will be bummed if they dont get one with batman on it.

#809 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Some pics of inside of backbox. Speaker grill is metal, btw.
Man, seems laid out pretty clean, very easy to get to everything...really like how the speaker panel hinged down, without touching the glass!!!
I'll take some other pics if anyone interested in certain areas tomorrow ( have to leave it now)....got a few more great games in!!!!

Can you take a pic of CN5 on the node 8C board (thats the node light board that has most of the crane inserts on it).

CN5 pin 3 orange/red is the playfield batsignal control line on the SLE machines. I'm curious if that wire is there on the LE/Prem machines. If its there it should end with a 2 pin female connector.

#837 7 years ago

Dissapointed, but not entirely surprised, that there wasnt code drop today.

They said tuesday in the live stream but I dont think they specified which tuesday.

The next release will probably be the same code they were using in the live stream which seemed to have some bugs anyways so maybe they needed more time to handle them.

#849 7 years ago
Quoted from RocketPin:

Got my LE today!
episode #81

Thats an awesome card you got. Batman and robin fighting a giant man sized rat.

#865 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I will get it done tomorrow, promise!!!...supposed to take pics for another pinsider too.....freakin work gets in the way....

LOL!
Dont you hate it when work gets in the way of your hobbies.

Thanks for the pics. I think you might of thought I was asking about the connectors for the batsignal projector in the topper. I'm actually looking for what connectors might be in the LE/Prem that would support the mini batsignal that is in the upper right corner of the SLE machines. See pic below for what I mean.

bman_8c_cn5 (resized).jpgbman_8c_cn5 (resized).jpg

#877 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I played a Premium yesterday that had just been unboxed at Colorado Game Exchange. It had Batman and Robin on the batbox instead of Batgirl as shown on the flyer. The Premiums are supposed to have Batgirl, the LEs Batman and Robin.

The premium ate the stern CES exhibit gas batman and robin on the backbox too. Starting to look like maybe the mistake was on the flyers and they intended batgirl to be on LE all along?

#917 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Cool bat gadget#91!
I hope to get the Batshark repellent, Batbazooka, Batbomerrang. However, a cool Bat episode is fine.
Im sure the turn table can be modified to spin faster? Or perhaps Stern will update it in the near future with software?

Some episodes are cooler than others. Wonder who the lucky recipients will be for the two "Lola Lasagna" episodes staring Ethel Merman?

ethel_lola (resized).jpgethel_lola (resized).jpg

#929 7 years ago

If someone wants a nice poster print by the same artist who did the batman66 pinall art package I'm selling one. Its designed to look like a retro TV guide cover from 1966. All the wrinkles and creases are drawn in the image, the poster itself is nice and flat. Size is 22" x17".

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/43581

20170105_092112 (resized).jpg20170105_092112 (resized).jpg

#1074 7 years ago

I started a thread on how to modify the Stern used Batsignal Toy into a more TV specific Batman 66 version. check it out here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-batsignal-mod-tutorial-for-batman66

before_after (resized).jpgbefore_after (resized).jpg

#1077 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Also noticed my back cabinet has the wrong decals on both sides. I know that some people had received Batgirl instead of Robin but mine is missing Batman too. Two Batgirls.

I think two Batgirls is correct for LE based on what everyone else is getting.

On the promo flyers and the prototype games at expo the premium had Batgirl on both sides of head and Batman and Robin on LE head sides. All the shipped LE's and Premiums so far its been switch. LE = Batgirl both sides, Premium = Batman on left and Robin on Right.

#1081 7 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Thank you. For some reason I thought I saw someone on the boards saying they got Batman on one side and Batgirl on the other. Anyone know if this was done intentionally or was it simply a mistake on Sterns part?

No one knows wha the mistake is. There are two options.

Either the fliers are correct and the factory installed the wrong ones. Or the fliers (and the prototype games at expo) are the mistake and the factory is installing the correct decals the way they were always meant to be.

Although I prefer Batgirl on the LE, I can see where it makes more sense to have Batman and Robin on LE. The premium already has Batman and Robin on the cabinet so it seems redundant to put them again on the head. Plus there is no Batgirl on the translite.

The LE has just the villains on the cabinet so putting Batman and Robin on the head makes more sense. Batgirl is already on the LE translite so putting her on the head might be overkill since she doesn't appear to be in the game very much (so far anyways).

#1084 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm pretty sure I saw Gomez say on FB that they changed which model got Batgirl on the backbox for production.

Was that a text comment or was it from one of the videos?

#1112 7 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

Yeah well, as a Premium buyer, I'm not. I think it's complete BS actually. I bought knowing Batgirl was on the backbox evening things out instead of more BM & Robin. Not that I have any recourse that I know of. I still want the game & this isn't a deal breaker...but I'm really not happy about it.

If it was an intentional change I wonder why they haven't bothered to update the pics on the Stern website. I gotta imagine there are going to be buyers who get upset when their game doesn't match the flyer pics.

#1183 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I'm glad the LE buyers who paid more money than the PRE owners are happy that Batgirl is on the backbox. But as a PRE buyer who based part of my decision on what machine to purchase based on the art package I'm f**kin pissed off!!! I thought I was getting Batgirl. It's overkill on the PRE with B and R on every goddamn decal. I'm getting real sick of Stern's s**t!! When if ever will they get their s**t together?

Has anyone asked stern about replacement decals if they don't like the ones they got?

I think some people didn't like the GBLE apron decals on a premium since they were green themed and I think Stern replaced them for some people if they complained loud enough. I vaguely remember the brokentoken guys talking about it on their podcast.

#1190 7 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Has anyone received their game from Cointaker yet?

Not me, waiting on LE.

#1242 7 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Would anyone have a list of all the gadgets from the bat 1966 Tv series available for viewing please ?
I have a list to choose from.
Thanks !

http://adamwest.tripod.com/equip.htm

#1250 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Bat gadget # 284....... Bat Pole. Bitches gotta earn some how

Notice that batman's pole is bigger than robins. Its like that on the game to.

batpoles (resized).jpgbatpoles (resized).jpg

#1253 7 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

EP's - 18,16,20,11
Gadgets - 8,9,10,12,13,14,11,22,23,17,19,21
Thank you.

Episode 11 = riddler
Episode 16 = joker
Episode 18 = false face
Episode 20 = catwoman

#1256 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I was hoping to get a Catwoman episode if I got an episode (or "Enter Batgirl!"), but I'm happy I got a gadget.

If I get a catwoman episode i'll trade with ya.

With my luck ill get lola lasagna, nora clavicle, minerva, or liberace as an episode villain.

#1258 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok this thread just got really weird!

One of the jokes you didnt see as a kid but appreciate as an adult. There a lot of these I missed but have since discovered since rewatching the recent bluray release.

#1383 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So they corrected one screw up (chopping off catwoman's head with the ramp flaps) by simply shortening them and making them steep instead of sorting the set itself out before printing production playfield

The didn't change the ramp flap. they changed the artwork on the production games. Notice the position of the ramp flap to the insert and where catwoman is in relation to the insert.

flap_gate (resized).jpgflap_gate (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#1865 7 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Obviously not an LE. it's been listed for 5 days.

It is an LE.

Bump for a great price.

#1880 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

When the LCD screen is visible it mainly show the Batman logo and when it shows something else it turns away ! Note to Stern: a display should be visible ALWAYS.

I think the intent with the mini TV LCD on the turntable is that when you enable a minor villain (freeze, egghead, bookworm, tut, shame, or mad hatter) then the TV faces forward and plays clips/taunts from that villain. If you look at pinball browser you can see a lot of the minor clips in there already. So it will hopefully do more than it does now with later code.

I like the variety of shots you get with the 3 positions. You are still shooting into the same area but it still adds more variety then if it didn't rotate at all. There's only so much you can do in that amount of space. I think they did the best with the space available.

I also agree the game is definitely more boring with the current 0.68 code state than other recent Sterns with deeper code. That should change as code progresses.

#1883 7 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I meant to quote the post you responded to ,not your answer to that post.
Sorry
On that note did anyone get better pricing than $9995 without being specific as To who the dist. Their LE was purchased from?

Here's one that was listed for $9,750 and the seller said "I am selling it for exactly what I paid for it.", so some did get a better price than $9,995.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-batman-66-le-3

#1901 7 years ago

There were 80 sle's correct and how many le's?

80 SLE's and 240 LE's.

1 month later
#2258 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Watching some gameplay vids, how many different Gotham City intros are coded into the game currently? I am watching through the entire series on blu ray and there seems to be a different intro "on a sunny day in Gotham City" for every episode, would be nice to have a good amount of these included in future code to minimise repeating clips.

If you look at the callouts in Pinball Browser you can dee there a lot if different "Its a <fill in the blank> day in Gotham city". Sometimes its hot, cold, stormy, etc. So the game will randomly play a different one each time.

I wonder who they got for the narrator voice, he's a dead ringer for the original narrator, William Dozier.

#2326 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think so. And it's got some of the groovenest music you ever heard on any pinball machine.

I still want to add some original nelson riddle music in there with pinball browser once the code is further along.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tu=docquest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.