Screenshot_20240318_092838_Gallery (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider higloss67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 6 years ago

Delivery of my SE tomorrow. Can't wait. Will post pics etc

#24 6 years ago

I joined the club yesterday! AFMrSE. Only had 3 minor adjustments to make. Played great out of the box. My wife and I are really happy with this machine. The LED lighting and the sound package is awesome. The bass and the shaker motor really get your heart racing.

MMR and AFMrSE delivered the same day, and I can tell a difference in the fit and finish. The AFMrSE feels way more solid. Better CGC menu, more adjustments and less problems out of the box. Maybe there is really a positive to CGC bringing the production inhouse.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#39 6 years ago

I have had my AFMr for a week now and have found the following issues.

After 152 games the left flipper return spring broke and the flipper coil bracket came loose. The SOL popper ejects the ball into the left ball return. The left ball return is lower than the flipper rubber so the ball hops.

There is no adjustment on the ball guide. Any suggestions on adjustment besides dremeling the hole in the ball guide to allow some wiggle room?

I turned the power down on the right popper and now the ball ejects to the left flipper.

So really just little things that are not a big deal.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

I just noticed last night that there are hairline cracks in the coloration in the return lane covers. Anyone else seeing this? I didn't notice it on any of the other plastics, but these you see all the time... I haven't touched these at all, so it isn't from me overtightening the nuts or something screwy like that.

Mine look exactly like that. I didn't think they were supposed to look like that but wasn't sure.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How much effect is lost by the SE not having upgraded small saucer lights?

I have an SE and personally don't see that it would make a huge difference. The lighting and sound package is already awesome. I think some places still have SE's in stock.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Potential new issue with the machine, but before I go into the details I want to mention that this machine hasn't been played since Jun 24th when I first noticed the SoL hole issues, and it was set up mainly for testing only and has only been played for a handful of hours.
Today I noticed what appears to be a small crack in the artwork in the upper left corner of the cabinet, this is right where the joint is cut
to bond the cabinet; seems like the cabinet issues that Stern has been taking heat over lately isn't isolated to Stern.

My MMR was delivered 2 weeks ago and looks just like that on both sides. I will need to check my AFMR. Interested in finding out what the problem is.

1 week later
#132 6 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Cliffy has just mailed me the 5-piece (SOL, drop target, saucer, and shooter lane) set so I'll post back how they fit sometime early this week. I also ordered rollovers for the out/in lanes.
Has anyone lit their SOL hole yet with a mod?
I can't wait to get a LE topper. The SE clearly has the capability to accept the LE topper and the same mini-saucer lights that the LE has if they were to ever offer them for sale in the future. There are holes in the mini-saucers where LED lights could fit.

I tried today to fit Cliffy's in the SOL hole and couldn't get it to fit in tandem with the factory hole protector. The mothership Cliffy's worked great. Had to modify 1 mounting hole, but that's it.

#136 6 years ago

I agree it should protect that area, but would definitely advise Cliffy protectors on the mothership area. My game has about 350 plays and is already chipping the clear coat. Received it the end of June.
Left side of hole behind drop target. Looks like chipping clear coat is still a problem.

IMG_1944 (resized).JPGIMG_1944 (resized).JPG

IMG_1947 (resized).JPGIMG_1947 (resized).JPG

#139 6 years ago

Good luck with the LE Damien. It is so frustrating paying 8k for a toy to have it start falling apart in a month.

1 week later
#208 6 years ago

Those look like screw holes. Check under the playfield to see if the screws were too long and are penetrating the top side.

#215 6 years ago

Attention SE owners. If you are going to update the firmware and need to purchase the micro SD card and reader, do not use the kit that is listed on the CGC website. The kit includes a Class 4 SD card, not a Class 10. According to CGC the SD card must be Class 10.

If you purchase the items separately the parts are correct.

Here is a link to what I believe is the correct kit.

https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Multi-Kit-Mobility-MBLY10G2-8GB/dp/B004UG41VY/ref=sr_1_cc_1

1 week later
#334 6 years ago

That black trim looks super sweet!

4 weeks later
#706 6 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Weak left flipper, intermittent. Sometimes sticks. Just set it up AFM LE 188
Any advice?

Check the flipper return spring. Mine broke within the first 2 days of owning the machine.

#708 6 years ago

I just remembered, check the coil stop, bracket etc. I also had some loose screws on the left flipper assembly and the coil was loose.

2 months later
#1587 6 years ago
Quoted from jamjam:

I’m having the same issue, even with vice grips won’t come out

Remove the nut off the back of it and use a small punch and carefully hammer it out. I had the same issue and was able to remove it with zero damage.

#1628 6 years ago

I have had my SE since June. The shooter problem was present and being discussed on this forum back then. IMHO this should have been worked out prior to the LE’s being made.
Just asking a question, because I am not an operator.
Is it assumed that if you are an operator that a NIB machine will need to be disassembled in one way or another to repair before you can put it on location?

#1642 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

These are absolutely the most basic of functions and is something that should be faced by owners as a one-off only.
The fact that so many of us are having the same issue, and that CGC didn't confirm to you that they have altered their build, addressing this issue, is purely ignorant in my opinion.

I totally agree with this.

Quoted from snaroff:

Pinball machines are NOT consumer devices...

This I do not agree with. What do they expect you to do with the MMr that had no coin mech.’s, and no way to install them without rerouting the wiring harness? Seems like this was totally meant for the consumers, and not for location.

#1663 6 years ago

Post #884 mentions this same shooter issue, so this is nothing new. Mine still doesn't work correctly all the time. Still trying to figure out that 20% of the time that it doesn't.

1 week later
#1942 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

This seems to have started after I installed my playfield protector,

I installed PP on 2 of my other machines and had tons of air balls. I could not get the games to play correctly until I removed them. Hopefully you can get your game adjusted.

1 week later
#2312 6 years ago

I am an owner of the SE. I saw the LE yesterday. The topper along with the saucer leds is awesome. I wished for a moment that I had purchased the LE, but then I remembered that I put that $700 toward an MMr. IMHO if you put up the money for the LE in the first place, then you shouldn’t have to stress that others could make an LE by adding parts to their SE or Classic. CGC has already stated they will not sell the LE toppers, so all this discussion is moot. People on Pinside are not stupid. You don’t blindly plot down $7-8k without knowing what features you are paying for. If you want a topper then buy an LE.

#2436 6 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

Shooter lane ramp fix is awesome, except for the fact that my 2 screws are stripped from the factory!

Hey at least you had two screws. I went to do the ramp adjustment last night and realized that the right screw head is missing. Factory sheared it off during assembly. Only the left screw holding the ramp in.

#2557 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Speaking of which ... IMHO anyone that sent out a warranty card should not have to do anything as CGC should send them these parts with no need to go through a distributor, after all isn't that the purpose of sending in your registrations?

Agree. Now it’s time to see which distributors step up and notify their customers.

#2562 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

My dealer didn't even know what I was talking about when I called him. He told me that CGC was facilitating all of it directly! Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I don't know what to believe anymore!

Hope your dealer wasn’t Game Exchange. If it was, thanks for alerting them to the issues.

1 month later
#3386 6 years ago

I had the same chipping and installed Cliffy’s. Not sure about Mylar at this point.

1 week later
#4033 6 years ago

Is that yellow strip going through the building supposed to be orange? I have now seen orange, nude, and yellow in that area.

#4046 6 years ago

Just saw a Denver CL ad for an original AFM and the colors in question look yellow.

denver.craigslist.org link

2 weeks later
#4624 6 years ago

Has anyone had a problem with the LEDS not working on the Martian ship? I was playing a game and noticed that they started to dim then went out including the center green dome. Now some of them come on in pais of 2. In other words three will be 2 on 2 off 2 on and so forth. Then they will be all off. I checked all the connectors and it made no difference. I thought I read someone else had the same problem, but can’t find the post.

#4626 6 years ago

I left the game on for a couple of hours, then played a game and noticed it. I cycled power a couple of times but it would not correct the problem.

#4628 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I would open a ticket with CGC at this point.

Ticket opened. Thanks

2 months later
#5214 5 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

I am going to be joining the AFMr club on June 12. Very excited. But I purchased a Special Edition, not an LE. I guess I want some comforting words that I didn't mess up the purchase by getting the SE. I love how it plays do I am confident that all will be good but I have some concern from the ratings only rating the LE and almost everyone seems to have an LE and not a classic or SE.

I have an SE and love it. No regrets about not getting an LE. Same gameplay, sound, display, and shaker. Awesome!

2 weeks later
#5263 5 years ago

Finally finished my move from Colorado to Texas. My AFMr spent a month in storage in a POD and no problems at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

5,400 (OBO)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider higloss67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=higloss67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.