20211007_080602 (resized).jpg
20211007_080549 (resized).jpg
20211007_080539 (resized).jpg
20211007_080557 (resized).jpg
IMG_1982 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1989 (resized).JPEG
20211004_141404 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9706 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 195.
#201 4 years ago

I apparently received my email a week ago from pps to make my final payment on an LE. They actually called today to follow up so I'm hoping mine is ready. My question is this. What do I need to buy in advance to keep this rather pricey toy as mint as possible? Do I need to get a set of cliffs or protectors for the flipper buttons? Any other suggestions. My first nib!!!!

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from antpsuesq:

I apparently received my email a week ago from pps to make my final payment on an LE. They actually called today to follow up so I'm hoping mine is ready. My question is this. What do I need to buy in advance to keep this rather pricey toy as mint as possible? Do I need to get a set of cliffs or protectors for the flipper buttons? Any other suggestions. My first nib!!!!

We put a full set of Cliffys including shooter lane on every NIB before we plunge a ball. I guarantee you pulling apart a brand new machine before you get to plunge a ball is torture!

I really get cranky when a brand new machine starts chipping and believe me they chip everywhere there is an edge that the ball hits. Scoops and shooter lanes mainly. This is an awesome thread and I am sure there are plenty of happy owners that will recommend more things to do. Enjoy and happy flipping! Great choice for your first nib!

#203 4 years ago

It would be awesome if someone could do a video tutorial on how to install each Cliffy. Anyone up for that?

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Shipping now! Folks received their first shipments this week.

Thats great news.. but is it for match serials or random (like mine) thanks!

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thats great news.. but is it for match serials or random (like mine) thanks!

I am not 100% sure to be honest. My buddy and mine both received games this week, and both were matching serial numbers. I believe Doug had commented earlier in this thread that serial numbers were first, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Marc

#206 4 years ago

Hi all,
Just unboxed. I am not particularly picky but had a question about a couple little blemishes on my playfield. I don't think there're ball marks (I have a few, but these spots look like they're in the clearcoat). I didn't have time to take the glass off but I'll try to tomorrow. Normal?

I otherwise love the game and can't imagine opening a ticket over this. Just wondering though. I took the pictures with the light just right. You usually can't even notice them.

IMG_2335 (resized).JPG

IMG_2337 (resized).JPG

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hi all,
Just unboxed. I am not particularly picky but had a question about a couple little blemishes on my playfield. I don't think there're ball marks (I have a few, but these spots look like they're in the clearcoat). I didn't have time to take the glass off but I'll try to tomorrow. Normal?
I otherwise love the game and can't imagine opening a ticket over this. Just wondering though. I took the pictures with the light just right. You usually can't even notice them.

Did a screw start to push threw? Or is just a small bubble in the clear?

#208 4 years ago

Those look like screw holes. Check under the playfield to see if the screws were too long and are penetrating the top side.

#209 4 years ago

Either way, open a ticket so it's on file....

#210 4 years ago

I agree, those look like they were caused by screws from the bottom side and will become a large problem as the ball will wear away at the elevated portion of the playfield. Do open a ticket, if these are from screws I would consider this playfield to be damaged during assembly.

#211 4 years ago

My AFMr is Broken!!!!

I noticed last night that my right flipper seemed "spongy" balls would just die on it rather than bouncing off. I wonder if I should open a customer support ticket?

What's wrong with this picture?
IMG_2236 (resized).JPG

So I looked through my spare parts bins for flipper return springs and found ... none; I'm sure I have these lying around someplace, but I also know I wont find them until I buy more; since I couldn't find them, I just turned one of the springs loops into a new hook and reattached it to the crank.

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

My AFMr is Broken!!!!
I noticed last night that my right flipper seemed "spongy" balls would just die on it rather than bouncing off. I wonder if I should open a customer support ticket?
What's wrong with this picture?

So I looked through my spare parts bins for flipper return springs and found ... none; I'm sure I have these lying around someplace, but I also know I wont find them until I buy more; since I couldn't find them, I just turned one of the springs loops into a new hook and reattached it to the crank.

I was going to say, jut bend a new loop in the spring and you are good to go.
Glad you got it going.

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hi all,

That is definitely looks like a screw pushing thru, open a support ticket and get it replaced as soon as possible.
If not it will chip out and leave a large hole later down the road.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

can't imagine opening a ticket over this.

I can. Please open a ticket and include the pictures. It may go to me, I'll kick it up the ladder.

LTG : )

#215 4 years ago

Attention SE owners. If you are going to update the firmware and need to purchase the micro SD card and reader, do not use the kit that is listed on the CGC website. The kit includes a Class 4 SD card, not a Class 10. According to CGC the SD card must be Class 10.

If you purchase the items separately the parts are correct.

Here is a link to what I believe is the correct kit.

amazon.com link »

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from Plunger069:

do not use the kit that is listed on the CGC website.

I'll let them know. Thank you. ( originally it was for a class 10 )

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I agree, those look like they were caused by screws from the bottom side and will become a large problem as the ball will wear away at the elevated portion of the playfield. Do open a ticket, if these are from screws I would consider this playfield to be damaged during assembly.

I checked the playfield. They are definitely tiny little positives (bumps). Curiously there are no screws under the playfield in those areas. I'm concluding that they are small bubbles or "splashes" in the clear.
Not a big deal to me necessarily. But Doug has already reached out to me directly (!) just based on my post in this thread! Unrivaled customer service in my opinion.

In all, an EPIC remake. Very pleased. I think build and feel is even slightly above my beloved MMRLE. Fun game.

I should add that these are for sure not ball dimples. I now have a few of those and I know they're normal. They are very distinctly different.

IMG_2346 (resized).JPG

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I checked the playfield. They are definitely tiny little positives (bumps). Curiously there are no screws under the playfield in those areas. I'm concluding that they are small bubbles or "splashes" in the clear.
Not a big deal to me necessarily. But Doug has already reached out to me directly (!) just based on my post in this thread! Unrivaled customer service in my opinion.
In all, an EPIC remake. Very pleased. I think build and feel is even slightly above my beloved MMRLE. Fun game.
I should add that these are for sure not ball dimples. I now have a few of those and I know they're normal. They are very distinctly different.

So what was the conclusion/resolution (If any) on your playfield between yourself and CGC?

#219 4 years ago

Doug is the man.

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Doug is the man.

He really is!

Talk about customer service, Doug had read my post about the broken flipper return spring and sent me a PM for my address to send a replacement. I'm truly speechless at this moment as this type of customer service is just unheard of anymore.

#221 4 years ago

With this kind of customer service and quality imagine how MBr is gunna sell!

#222 4 years ago

Set up LE #363 today. I have to say that the build quality is superb, play is great and the larger screen and topper are just icing on the cake.

#223 4 years ago

If you have an LE, definitely check you software version. Mine shipped with Beta 4. I like the update in 1.0.0 to control the strobe. The +1 setting seems good to me.

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

So what was the conclusion/resolution (If any) on your playfield between yourself and CGC?

No resolution yet. He is out of town and it is a weekend so we will take it up soon. I was just impressed he reached out. I'm sure it will be fine. I'll definitely report back on any resolution.

Has there been no other reports of this on other playfields?

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

No resolution yet. He is out of town and it is a weekend so we will take it up soon. I was just impressed he reached out. I'm sure it will be fine. I'll definitely report back on any resolution.

Thanks for sharing.

I have to hand it to these guys (Doug and Lloyd)...they don't mess around and are on top of everything. Nicely done.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

He is out of town and it is a weekend so we will take it up soon.

Your ticket is up and alerted to Jack Fadden at CGC. So they are on it, even with Doug Skor on a weekend and out of town.

#227 4 years ago

Went to an unboxing party last night night for an LE, CGC nailed it!
Lights, sounds, display, build quality, all amazing.
Ordered one this morning.

20170805_205411 (resized).jpg

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Did you get green or black?

#229 4 years ago

IMG_5257 (resized).JPG

IMG_5262 (resized).JPG

IMG_5263 (resized).JPG

#230 4 years ago

That's what happens when the protector is set too low. Needs to be flush to work.

#231 4 years ago

How do you put a ticket in? I just set up my AFMr #11. I need a taller SOL protector and have a cosmetic issue with the large saucer? I don't want to play it aft seeing the playfield damage others encounter at the SOL.

20170805_175150 (resized).jpg
20170805_175422 (resized).jpg

#232 4 years ago

I would pull out that protector and add the Cliffy one now, it will look like new.

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Did you get green or black?

Green

#234 4 years ago

Great minds think alike.....

#235 4 years ago

Got mine set up and playing yesterday. As usual, it will take me a while to get it set as I like but my initial impressions are that this is a home run. The sound is far superior to any other game I own. The display is extremely well executed and about my only concern is that I now wonder how MMr sales will either suffer and how much it will cost to install this "system" on that game. Not just for the display but also the speakers.

My only disappointment is that I live in an older home with limited height in the basement where the game is at. I tried to install the topper and while it fit when the game sat away from the wall where the rafters lined up correctly, I quickly realized that this would eventually be damaged by players that did not consider the lack of clearance. Too bad the only solutions in my case would be to lower the basement floor (not going to happen), notch the rafters (again, not happening) or somehow find considerably shorter legs which really screw up the playing while likely not matching the Martian green powder coat. So the topper will sit in that beautiful plywood box until I either move or sell the game. BTW, found that one connector to the topper with the pin blocked, instead of cutting the pin, I simply pulled the plug at the connector.

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Got mine set up and playing yesterday. As usual, it will take me a while to get it set as I like but my initial impressions are that this is a home run. The sound is far superior to any other game I own. The display is extremely well executed and about my only concern is that I now wonder how MMr sales will either suffer and how much it will cost to install this "system" on that game. Not just for the display but also the speakers.
My only disappointment is that I live in an older home with limited height in the basement where the game is at. I tried to install the topper and while it fit when the game sat away from the wall where the rafters lined up correctly, I quickly realized that this would eventually be damaged by players that did not consider the lack of clearance. Too bad the only solutions in my case would be to lower the basement floor (not going to happen), notch the rafters (again, not happening) or somehow find considerably shorter legs which really screw up the playing while likely not matching the Martian green powder coat. So the topper will sit in that beautiful plywood box until I either move or sell the game. BTW, found that one connector to the topper with the pin blocked, instead of cutting the pin, I simply pulled the plug at the connector.

If you are interested in selling the topper PM me and we can work out payment. I think MMR will still sell great it is a fantastic game and if anything maybe they come out with an upgrade kit but I love mine and don't think sales will suffer at all they are totally different games both very different and fun.

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

after seeing your post I checked mine over and didn't find anything like that., Must be a one off issue. Probably not a big deal and won't be an issue down the road but I am sure they'll take care of you.

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Game is amazing!!!!!
Glad To be an Enabler

IMG_3995 (resized).JPG

IMG_4012 (resized).JPG

IMG_4013 (resized).JPG

IMG_4016 (resized).JPG

IMG_4020 (resized).JPG

IMG_4021 (resized).JPG

IMG_4029 (resized).JPG

IMG_4030 (resized).JPG

#239 4 years ago

Can someone tell me the exact height of the topper... I'm stating to worry that it's not going to fit my low-ass ceilings!

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Game is amazing!!!!!
Glad To be an Enabler

Awesome.
Who needs an entire doorway anyway. Right?

#241 4 years ago

Anyone have the exact height of the topper?

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Game is amazing!!!!!
Glad To be an Enabler

That is one seriously impressive row!

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

That is one seriously impressive row!

No kidding.
And the row behind AFMr looks to be
TWD
GB
GOT
Metallica
Tron
and maybe ToTan. Can't quite make it out.

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

No kidding.
And the row behind AFMr looks to be
TWD
GB
GOT
Metallica
Tron
and maybe ToTan. Can't quite make it out.

If you see the 30 games he has (assuming his list is accurate), the value is that of most peoples houses. Certainly quite an investment sitting there and of course an impressive collection. I would have to make sure we were buddies if he lived close by.

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can someone tell me the exact height of the topper...

10 inches add a couple more for Martian hopping up and down.

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

If you see the 30 games he has (assuming his list is accurate), the value is that of most peoples houses. Certainly quite an investment sitting there and of course an impressive collection. I would have to make sure we were buddies if he lived close by.

Yea. He does not list ToTAN in his list so I am trying to guess what might have yellow power coat.
Ripleys maybe.

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

10 inches add a couple more for Martian hopping up and down.

Dammit! I only have 10.5" of clearance. Hmmmmm, might have to take out a piece of the drop ceiling

#248 4 years ago

Lift the house. Done.

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

He does not list ToTAN in his list so I am trying to guess what might have yellow power coat.
Ripleys maybe.

My guess would be Ripleys or MMR.

Quoted from Damien:Dammit! I only have 10.5" of clearance. Hmmmmm, might have to take out a piece of the drop ceiling

I'll bet you'll be OK. The little green guy may bang his head on the ceiling a bit, but that serves him right for stealing our women!

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

My guess would be Ripleys or MMR.

I'll bet you'll be OK. The little green guy may bang his head on the ceiling a bit, but that serves him right for stealing our women!

Hahaha!

Quoted from markp99:

Lift the house. Done.

I told my wife it's time for a new house!

There are 9706 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 195.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside