Topic Stats

• 8,889 posts
  • 554 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by nicoy3k
  • Topic is favorited by 265 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,699 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5D327620-B2D0-449A-B877-2C1DBA3C4B76 (resized).jpeg
IMG-3788 (resized).jpg
4423F3CE-1C57-41A5-AE44-75A436EDA849 (resized).jpeg
C910AA30-C924-4E58-AF24-E4234FBE464F (resized).jpeg
5EC672C6-63A6-4CFE-9624-EBF32EF4CF0A (resized).png
01E7FC50-A778-41C1-A757-77A26C43CC48 (resized).png
0D069607-EBDF-4CDB-A8C2-D50A9213BA34 (resized).png
D3331450-3BBC-4008-A00A-24EB7D4C517E (resized).jpeg
2675DD3D-FF19-4C51-A14B-271D7FFC5CC2 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20200901_170311 (resized).jpg
2DCA9767-0089-4A0A-80D8-F080A8337B25 (resized).jpeg
c7f7b76191ec7c20d7b728d535752a70758aad5f (resized).jpg
20200829_193101 (resized).jpg
0DA29F26-9435-4D14-B836-51B8E1E4DE85 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8889 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 178.
#701 3 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

And after posting that, I was itching for game, so went and played one quickie.
What a game! 21mil, beat Mars, and only needed Martian Attack to finish (which I missed by one shot earlier).
Sooooooo sooooooo close! Is it like Medieval Madness where after completing all tasks you start Battle for the Kingdom, or do you RTU once you do all objectives?

U closed up the outlanes? That definitely makes things easier to accomplish huh?

#702 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Has anyone used it in a tournament yet? How are the mystery scoop awards handled? Thank you.

If you mean Tournament Mode, I tried it out. Every SOL award was 50,000,000 points. Every single one.

I didn't like it.

It may well be that I just didn't get far enough for anything else to show up, but that's all I ever got.

#703 3 years ago

Here are some cool custom PinCups for Attack from Mars. I did one specifically for the AFMr LE model with the factory green trim. The explosion pattern is done in a fade of red, orange and yellow with a black accent fade on the bottom. There are a few different versions that are available to match your style. The colors match up really nice and look well together. The inside color can be done in red, black orange or neon green. These can be found at www.modfatherpinball.com

afm on game (resized).jpgafm green (resized).jpg afm cup new (4) (resized).jpg

#704 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U closed up the outlanes? That definitely makes things easier to accomplish huh?

Right now, if I'm going to enjoy the game, the outlanes need to be set easy. As I improve, I'll move them. The family also plays, so making it difficult doesn't really make for fun times.

#705 3 years ago

Weak left flipper, intermittent. Sometimes sticks. Just set it up AFM LE 188
Any advice?

#706 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Weak left flipper, intermittent. Sometimes sticks. Just set it up AFM LE 188
Any advice?

Check the flipper return spring. Mine broke within the first 2 days of owning the machine.

#707 3 years ago

Left flipper seems half as strong as the right flipper

#708 3 years ago

I just remembered, check the coil stop, bracket etc. I also had some loose screws on the left flipper assembly and the coil was loose.

#709 3 years ago
Quoted from Plunger069:

Check the flipper return spring. Mine broke within the first 2 days of owning the machine.

Whoa!!!....mine did the same thing, but just fixed it, didn't post...

#710 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

May also be binding. Check/clean the coil sleeve. My MMR still plays a bit soft on the left, so I'm going to just do a rebuild when I get some time.

#711 3 years ago

Adjusted bracket--some binding--BUT LEFT FLIPPER REMAINS WEAK. Proper voltages--same for both flippers. Party in 2 hours--S.O.S.!!

#712 3 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Sooooooo sooooooo close! Is it like Medieval Madness where after completing all tasks you start Battle for the Kingdom, or do you RTU once you do all objectives?

I said "FINALLY" as I was sooo close sooo many times it was killing me; I was usually missing only one of the objectives and the game I was missing the 5-way combo just devastated me.

You basically just do RTU after all modes are completed, the only thing you have to do is hit the SOL one time since the RTU insert will be lit. Once you complete RTU mode you get the bonus and RTU recognition. The game resumes with only Destroy Mars completed, I've never seen what happens if you complete it a second time...yet.

#713 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Adjusted bracket--some binding--BUT LEFT FLIPPER REMAINS WEAK. Proper voltages--same for both flippers. Party in 2 hours--S.O.S.!!

Try swapping both left and right flipper button opto boards. Check if coil stop or front bracket are misformed and leaning in or out.

LTG : )

#714 3 years ago

Lloyd that helped ALOT
Tell wifey you're a legitimate HERO!

#715 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Lloyd that helped ALOT
Tell wifey you're a legitimate HERO!

What helped? He suggested you check 3 different things. Please specify for posterity's sake. Thanks!

#716 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

What helped? He suggested you check 3 different things. Please specify for posterity's sake. Thanks!

Maybe refreshing the connections to the opto boards?

#717 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I said "FINALLY" as I was sooo close sooo many times it was killing me; I was usually missing only one of the objectives and the game I was missing the 5-way combo just devastated me.
You basically just do RTU after all modes are completed, the only thing you have to do is hit the SOL one time since the RTU insert will be lit. Once you complete RTU mode you get the bonus and RTU recognition. The game resumes with only Destroy Mars completed, I've never seen what happens if you complete it a second time...yet.

Was just busting balls

Trust me I know the feeling. I had so many games in Medieval Madness that had me like one shot away from Battle for the kingdom and then finally the night I did it I was so damn happy.

What was your final score on the game where you did RTU?

#718 3 years ago

around 32B, I got RTU on 3rd ball with 2 tilt warnings, I was just happy I made it

#719 3 years ago

32B. You suck! I just had a great game, for me, and barely hit 8B. I was just about to finish Mars and drained my ball 2 extra ball, and very shortly after that, drained ball 3. D'oh, but still a total blast.

I must say, I am starting to hit shots intentionally more frequently.

#720 3 years ago

Ordered my AFMRLE several months back. Still waiting. Growing really concerned with news of Chicago Coin rolling out some MMRs.

When I talk to my distributor he basically tells me that he Chicago Coin isn't really communicating any estimated time lines. I thought they were
going to make all of the LE's and move on to MMRs afterwards.

Guess there are couple other guys who are also patiently waiting for their AFMRLEs from my (GREAT) distributor. Just wish these Manufacturers had a better handle on their capacity. By now they should be able to tell you. I cranked out 50 games last week. I will crank out 50 games this week. That's 200 games in a month. I have 500 pre orders and your # in the list. We should have that game to you around ___.

#721 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Ordered my AFMRLE several months back. Still waiting.

May want to give Mike a call at Automated, last time I checked he has LEs in stock ready to go out the door.

#722 3 years ago

Ordered my AFMRLE several months back. Still waiting. Growing really concerned with news of Chicago Coin rolling out some MMRs.
When I talk to my distributor he basically tells me that he Chicago Coin isn't really communicating any estimated time lines. I thought they were
Guess there are couple other guys who are also patiently waiting for their AFMRLEs from my (GREAT) distributor. Just wish these Manufacturers had a better handle on their capacity. By now they should be able to tell you. I cranked out 50 games last week. I will crank out 50 games this week. That's 200 games in a month. I have 500 pre orders and your # in the list. We should have that game to you around __.

Check out this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update

Doug from CGC has been communicating timelines in that thread and all LEs should be produced in October and remaining through Christmas. Looks like the plan is to catch up on MMR and then finish the AFMLEs before the end of the year.

It's worth the wait!

Marc

#723 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

32B. You suck! I just had a great game, for me, and barely hit 8B. I was just about to finish Mars and drained my ball 2 extra ball, and very shortly after that, drained ball 3. D'oh, but still a total blast.
I must say, I am starting to hit shots intentionally more frequently.

Don't feel bad...right there with you....just walked away from the damn thing...a definite love hate relationship at the moment. My timing on this game just sucks right now.....machine is awesome, however...very, very glad I grabbed one..

#724 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

May want to give Mike a call at Automated, last time I checked he has LEs in stock ready to go out the door.

Mike rocks...suspect you're right....I got mine from him, first batch of non matching #s....

#725 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Don't feel bad...right there with you....just walked away from the damn thing...a definite love hate relationship at the moment. My timing on this game just sucks right now.....machine is awesome, however...very, very glad I grabbed one..

Have had my afm over a year with thousands of plays and i have yet to rtu or even beat mars for that matter . Factory settings with 7.1 angle. Game is fast and brutal . Anyone that has played mine has failed horribly lol.

#726 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Have had my afm over a year with thousands of plays and i have yet to rtu or even beat mars for that matter . Factory settings with 7.1 angle. Game is fast and brutal . Anyone that has played mine has failed horribly lol.

Good to know others are getting slayed, as well!!!....started a thread about most brutal game out there, mentioned AFMRLE, and got smacked down. I know I'm an average player at best, but this thing is currently kicking the crap out of me!!!

#727 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Good to know others are getting slayed, as well!!!....started a thread about most brutal game out there, mentioned AFMRLE, and got smacked down. I know I'm an average player at best, but this thing is currently kicking the crap out of me!!!

Nope everyone that has played mine has said its crazy difficult and fast. I just tried again after that last post and well .... 5 games in 10 min lol. Very frustrating but thats why its mu favorite pin of all time. I do have mine set up pretty difficult with the outlanes and very very sensitive slings.... also waxed regularly.

#728 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nope everyone that has played mine has said its crazy difficult and fast. I just tried again after that last post and well .... 5 games in 10 min lol. Very frustrating but thats why its mu favorite pin of all time. I do have mine set up pretty difficult with the outlanes and very very sensitive slings.... also waxed regularly.

Yep, got mine @ 7.0 w standard outlanes....freakin tough!!!

#729 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Mike rocks...suspect you're right....I got mine from him, first batch of non matching #s....

Agreed!! Call Mike at:

CONTACT US
AUTOMATED SERVICES LLC
145 Pepe's Farm Road
Milford, CT 06460
203-877-0348 or 800-727-8363
Evenings/Weekends: 203.619.1891

#730 3 years ago

Guess there are couple other guys who are also patiently waiting for their AFMRLEs from my (GREAT) distributor. Just wish these Manufacturers had a better handle on their capacity. By now they should be able to tell you. I cranked out 50 games last week. I will crank out 50 games this week. That's 200 games in a month. I have 500 pre orders and your # in the list. We should have that game to you around __.

They have a thread on here just to post updates. The latest update, which was posted today, said that they are expecting to ship all AFMrLEs by Christmas.

The MMr run in the middle of the AFMrLE run was announced at the beginning of production. Your distributor should have at least known that.

#731 3 years ago

A couple of questions.....help please fellas:

1. How can I disable the knocker?
2. It is possible to disable the shaker without the topper action and how please?

Thank you in advance

Paulo JC

#732 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Same here on 195. I had a spare from a stern machine, but CGC replaced it since they were sending me a key anyway.

#733 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

2. It is possible to disable the shaker without the topper action and how please?
Thank you in advance
Paulo JC

Shaker Strength can be set = Off in the CGC Coils Settings Menu.

Not sure about a Knocker setting, but detaching one of the wires seems like it'd be pretty effective. (?) - @ the connector is a much better option, as noted below!

#734 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

1) There is currently no software control to disable the knocker, you will have to remove its connector.
Knocker (resized).jpg

2) markp99 answered this, its off in the picture below

IMG_2094 (resized).JPG

#735 3 years ago

Set up #188 LE yesterday. After about an hour of play, has started launching balls by itself, reads "Tilt," groans and shuts down. Won't play at all. Anyone encountered this?

#736 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Set up #188 LE yesterday. After about an hour of play, has started launching balls by itself, reads "Tilt," groans and shuts down. Won't play at all. Anyone encountered this?

Put the game into switch test and see if you are able to test the switches and note which ones register when you test and which ones don’t.

#737 3 years ago

After awhile my start button stops flashing.
Its a very small issue but seems odd.
Is is a bad LED? I took it out and checked the wires, they seem proper.

It starts flashing again if you start a game and flashes for a long time then stops again.
I dont think I have a spare to swap out.
It will not start flashing by pounding on it or wiggling it, only by starting a game or power on/off.

What is the type of LED in the start switch, 6 or 12 volt and the color? I really should get some spares I guess.

#738 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidMP:

Same here on 195. I had a spare from a stern machine, but CGC replaced it since they were sending me a key anyway.

Weird....I had a spare and popped it in...flippers nice and smooth....I play it most evenings, so will find out if it's reoccurring or not pretty quick....doubt it.

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

After awhile my start button stops flashing.
Its a very small issue but seems odd.
Is is a bad LED? I took it out and checked the wires, they seem proper.
It starts flashing again if you start a game and flashes for a long time then stops again.
I dont think I have a spare to swap out.
It will not start flashing by pounding on it or wiggling it, only by starting a game or power on/off.
What is the type of LED in the start switch, 6 or 12 volt and the color? I really should get some spares I guess.

Suspect it's in the code for some odd reason.....mine does the same thing...." times out" after the game not played for awhile.

#740 3 years ago

I've only had one oddity thus far that baffles me a bit....left sling will occasionally trigger when I hit the left flipper button. Very random.

Been too busy enjoying the game to pop the the top and see if it's an obvious thing yet.....probably poke around later this week....

#741 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Weird....I had a spare and popped it in...flippers nice and smooth....I play it most evenings, so will find out if it's reoccurring or not pretty quick....doubt it.

Same thing happened to me on the evening of day 2. Since this is my first non-EM pin, my spares drawer is pretty bare. Lloyd sent me an awesome tutorial on how to bend a new hook in the part of the spring that was left, and that got me through until the replacement showed up.

#742 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Me too. There have been a couple of sessions where I have set a new personal best, and then minutes later discovered just how low it is possible to score.

A near miss on just about any shot seems to lead to a warp-speed drain, and there appear to be magnets in the outlanes.

My high score is just over 8B, and I've accomplished all the goals, just not in the same game.

On the other hand, making progress is SO satisfying!

#743 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've only had one oddity thus far that baffles me a bit....left sling will occasionally trigger when I hit the left flipper button. Very random.

Please check if the leaf blade switches on the left sling need adjusting because one is too close.

#744 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please check if the leaf blade switches on the left sling need adjusting because one is too close.

I had some random sling actuation also and adjusted the leafs.
The factory adjustment was very "hair trigger" which is fine, but a little bit close for me.

Lloyd, what would be a proper gap for sling leaf adjustment? Do people prefer them to be hair trigger?

I have mine at about 1/32" (1mm). They can be closer but I dont want a ball rolling along the rubber to activate when just returning to the flipper.

I want them responsive but no too hair trigger.

After a few adjustments I think its about right for me.

#745 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Been too busy enjoying the game to pop the the top and see if it's an obvious thing yet.....probably poke around later this week....

This is good news, thanks!
Im glad its not just me this time

#746 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Shaker Strength can be set = Off in the CGC Coils Settings Menu.
Not sure about a Knocker setting, but detaching one of the wires seems like it'd be pretty effective. (?) - @ the connector is a much better option, as noted below!

Quoted from Pin_Guy:

1) There is currently no software control to disable the knocker, you will have to remove its connector.

2) markp99 answered this, its off in the picture below

Thanks a lot fellas!

Regards
Paulo JC

#747 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Lloyd, what would be a proper gap for sling leaf adjustment?

I don't know if there is a proper gap.

I set mine so the front long blade is just resting on the rubber ring, not pushing it. And the shorter one behind it close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't.

A tweak or two and you'll get them dialed in good.

#748 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've seen the same thing happen and its very odd, at first I thought it was caused by the right target bank but I'm unable to repeat it. I had check the leaf switches but the gap is quite large. I hadn't mentioned it since its very sporadic and I haven't been able to identify any pattern to it. I was playing another machine on location today and it exhibits the same behavior.

#749 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I've seen the same thing happen and its very odd, at first I thought it was caused by the right target bank but I'm unable to repeat it. I had check the leaf switches but the gap is quite large.

Stuck switch on the same row or column as the left sling ?

#750 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Stuck switch on the same row or column as the left sling ?

hard to say, everything moves so fast in the game and I'm still trying to come to terms with having no diodes on any of the switches. What I need to do is record a game so I can go back and see what the ball is hitting when it happens.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
There are 8889 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 178.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside